Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 22:52   #4786

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Dear Nexon owners

My Nexon is about to be delivered, awaiting number plate

Requesting some suggestions -

1. It has ventilated seats. Found couple of recommended car seat cover dealers (one recommended in TeamBHP) who sell perforated seats. Should I go with it ? Unable to avoid as the original seats are White

2. Should I go for 2 years additional warranty. So taking this makes me relieved for 5 years / 1.25 L kms

3. Gold AMC - with tata known for minor niggles now and then, is it worth spending this?

4. Lastly, super confused about Tara's offer of Ceramic Coating for 26k. They say it's 3M service and will be done 3 times in a year. My car is not white, does it make sense to do a ceramic coating?

Any other suggestions to be watchful about us welcome!
Old 14th July 2022, 00:23   #4787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
While I am overall satisfied, however one of things bugging me is the amount of jerking that the vehicle has while driving.
The 1-2 and 2-3 shifts need some gentle modulation of the A pedal, this is where AMT struggles a bit. Everytime I drive one for the first few kms I think I figured it out and then, well back to square one. Be gentle and it should be alright.

Do note that Suzuki petrol engine may have set your expectations a bit high in terms of driveability and refinement.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 07:50   #4788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Got this Baby Hulk delivered today!
Somehow the post didn't reflect the pics.
The Car Stands out in this color. People often keep confusing what color this is

Name:  166610.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  11.2 KB

Name:  166611.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  13.9 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Images uploaded as attachments
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:59   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hi All,
I am getting used to the AMT gearbox and its whims and fancies, I feel my body constantly getting moved while driving.
Is there a special way in which an AMT car should be driven?
Hi, I had a RITZ Diesel Manual before Nexon XZA+ P. You will definitely find it odd in the first couple of gears. City mode is perfect just that you need to be little gentle in acceleration. If you want to have the same feel as manual gear, try sport mode and you would just love that. I never felt any difference between manual car / AMT while on Sports mode.

It's been close to 20K Kms in 1.5 yrs and I'm so happy and satisfied with the AMT performance so far.
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:13   #4790
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations in advance on your car! Happy motoring. My personal opinions about your queries -
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
1. It has ventilated seats. Found couple of recommended car seat cover dealers (one recommended in TeamBHP) who sell perforated seats. Should I go with it ? Unable to avoid as the original seats are White
Any cover will definitely reduce the ventilation (for which you have paid) - unless its really open in the central parts. The white is not as hard to maintain as feared. I used to have a vanilla beige seat setup for 10 years - and it was as good as new when I changed the car. 3M interior enrichment treatment once an year - is more than enough to maintain it in pristine condition.
Quote:
2. Should I go for 2 years additional warranty. So taking this makes me relieved for 5 years / 1.25 L kms
Absolutely. No doubt about that.
Quote:
3. Gold AMC - with tata known for minor niggles now and then, is it worth spending this?
In my opinion - the gold AMC or P2P aren't really worth it. You are basically paying in advance & then don't feel bad when changing parts left-right-center. IMO it actually results in too many part changes where not needed (thats how business work). But then - barring perhaps mobile phone - I don't believe in anything pre-paid. That influences my opinion here as well.
Quote:
4. Lastly, super confused about Tara's offer of Ceramic Coating for 26k. They say it's 3M service and will be done 3 times in a year. My car is not white, does it make sense to do a ceramic coating?
Ceramic coating actually works quite well on non-white colours as well. However - better to get any such coating from outside experts. Don't pay the Tata dealership for this.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th July 2022 at 13:17.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 16:06   #4791
BHPian

Hello Nexon owners, I have something to ask you all. If anyone is owning the petrol variant , which from my understanding is a turbocharged unit, could you please clarify if there are any issues faced when using regular fuel? As far as I know, I have seen on some posts that 95octane fuel is recommended for turbo petrol engines for better performance.
Old 14th July 2022, 18:31   #4792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Hello Nexon owners, I have something to ask you all. If anyone is owning the petrol variant , which from my understanding is a turbocharged unit, could you please clarify if there are any issues faced when using regular fuel? As far as I know, I have seen on some posts that 95octane fuel is recommended for turbo petrol engines for better performance.
I do not know about the octane and all that. There is regular fuel and premium fuel. Fill regular fuel at a good COCO bunk or fill premium fuel at a higher cost for the perceived smoothness, higher FE, etc.

That is all there is to it!.
Old 15th July 2022, 14:31   #4793
BHPian

Quote:
Using regular fuel only. Is there anything mentioned about this owners manual?
Old 15th July 2022, 17:03   #4794
BHPian

Quote:
Look into this post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4479651 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

Quoting that section

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
1.2L Revotron
Using Normal Petrol (91 Octane; correct me if wrong)
-The engine has a significant turbo lag below 1500 rpm. From 1500 to 1900 rpm it starts picking up. 2000 rpm is where pull becomes significant. However crossing 3000-3500 rpm it pulls hard and strong and sings its song. This is the rpm range this engine is best enjoyed in.

-In Sport Mode, the power delivery is very jerky. (At the instance when the throttle is lifted off at rpm 2500 and above). On the other hand the clutch release is also jerky at low speeds, thus taking away the driving experience within city limits. City Mode reduces this jerky nature to quite a bit. So in traffic conditons I switch to it.

Using Petrol 97 Octane
I was surprised to see how change in fuel can change the characteristics of an engine. The Jerkiness and the turbo lag at lower rpm I was talking about previously surprisingly went on a vacation . I was using Sport mode all the time and never felt a need to change it to City Mode, even in traffic conditions. It felt significantly refined in terms of power delivery. (No changes in NVH though). The top end also improved slightly.
Everytime revving the motor passed 3500-4000 rpm and then lifting off the throttle, a burning smell enters the cabin through the AC vents. Have to get it checked too.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:44   #4795
BHPian

Thanks for highlighting the petrol type usage Nalin, Rishi and Sunil.
I somehow love the way Nexon is put together ,if only I can look past it's MID, which suits a motorcycle/ scooter. Wonder why Tata could not use the same MID present on altroz, punch , necon Ev and Harrier -Safari. For a car this aspirational, the mid feels out of place.

Also is it only me / does everyone feel that the front height adjustable seatbelt mechanism felt rudimentary/ crude in it's operation?
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:46   #4796
BHPian

Thanks for highlighting the petrol type usage Nalin, Rishi and Sunil.
I somehow love the way Nexon is put together ,if only I can look past it's MID, which suits a motorcycle/ scooter. Wonder why Tata could not use the same MID present on altroz, punch , nexon Ev and Harrier -Safari. For a car this aspirational, the mid feels out of place.

Also is it only me / does everyone feel that the front height adjustable seatbelt mechanism felt rudimentary/ crude in it's operation?
Old 17th July 2022, 14:23   #4797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
When you cut away the 12V socket - you'll have 2 wires. A +ve and a Ground. +ve one goes into the fuse tap. Ground wire to be hooked up to some bolt or screw in the car, thats fitted into metal parts of the body for grounding.
Reinhard, Is there any screw/bolt near the fuse box that can be used for grounding?

And what fog lamps do you suggest to add to the XMA? Can I buy it somewhere online?
Old 18th July 2022, 11:35   #4798

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
Hi,

My Nexon XZ+ Petrol is around 2000KM run and I am seeing vibration on vehicle and steering wheel when I cross speed around 105kmph. I have not faced this issue in initial 800KM of my highway journey. Out of my 2000KM run I have driven around 500KM on medicore/bad roads. Is the vibration of vehicle and steering due to Alignment and balancing problem? Or something else to be checked?

Please note that vibration is so bad that I couldn’t drive beyond 105kmph speed.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Issue is resolved after WA and WB.
Old 20th July 2022, 18:47   #4799

Hello Everyone. I recently booked Nexon XZA+P in Royal Blue color. I have been given a waiting period of 3 months. There are few queries that I would like to be clarified since I am a first time buyer:

1. Should I wait till October to take the delivery since the new legislation mandating 6 air bags will kick in from then?

2. What are the accessories that I can get installed at the time of delivery?
Old 20th July 2022, 19:02   #4800
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar_olive View Post
Hello Everyone. I recently booked Nexon XZA+P in Royal Blue color. I have been given a waiting period of 3 months. There are few queries that I would like to be clarified since I am a first time buyer:

1. Should I wait till October to take the delivery since the new legislation mandating 6 air bags will kick in from then?

2. What are the accessories that I can get installed at the time of delivery?
Congrats on your Booking.

The 6 Airbags mandate applies to vehicles manufactured on or after October 1, 2022, but suppose you get a vehicle manufactured before said date, you will have to do with 2 airbags itself.

Moreover, the increase to 6 airbags will necessitate a price hike as well, so suppose you get a vehicle manufactured on or after October 1, 2022, it will definitely be at the hiked price.

The price hike details will most likely be announced in September.

As far as Accessories are concerned, I have attached the list below.

Please Note: There are a whole lot more, but I have attached only the most notable ones
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-accessories.jpg  

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 20th July 2022 at 19:07. Reason: added content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks