Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 16:53   #4756

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Squeaky noise from the front right of the car

Hi

My family owns a Tata Nexon XZ+(2021) which has clocked about 8.1k kilometers. I'll cut straight to the problems that are being faced. When we had done about 2 or 3k kilometers, we started hearing a squeaky noise from the front right of the car, a noise which normally resembles the creaks of an old truck or a tempo which bobs about after hitting a huge pothole. When we took the car to TASS, they said that the same batch of cars is experiencing the same issue. They replaced the linkage free of cost for every service we've done so far. Just recently, a day or two before, we heard the noise again.

I request fellow members to shed light on this issue. I wholeheartedly accept your views on the same.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th June 2022, 09:14   #4757
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently received the VIN from my dealership and the car is manufactured in June 2022. I checked the VIN in Tata App out of curiosity and it even shows registered in my name on 28th June.
I was asked by dealership to make some payment for billing purpose as car in enroute. He quoted me 12-15 days. I paid around a lakh and started doing bank paperwork.
Now I am curious if this was due to meeting month end targets or genuinely the car will be available in week or two. Whats even more interesting is that I booked the car on July 11th so this seems rather too quick to digest. Official waiting quoted was 15 weeks!
What should I watch out for ?

Also. It is worth buying Extended warranty ? Is this something I can buy later within warranty period ? Is AMC worth as well ?
Old 30th June 2022, 10:00   #4758
BHPian

I got mine in 5 weeks, time depends on color and variant, i got a XM, same time a friend booked top end which took 10 weeks.

Better to get extended warranty, purely peace of mind, they've got a slab rate, within 90 days of vehicle delivery its lowest, more than 90, 180 days price goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Hi guys,

I recently received the VIN from my dealership and the car is manufactured in June 2022. I checked the VIN in Tata App out of curiosity and it even shows registered in my name on 28th June.
I was asked by dealership to make some payment for billing purpose as car in enroute. He quoted me 12-15 days. I paid around a lakh and started doing bank paperwork.
Now I am curious if this was due to meeting month end targets or genuinely the car will be available in week or two. Whats even more interesting is that I booked the car on July 11th so this seems rather too quick to digest. Official waiting quoted was 15 weeks!
What should I watch out for ?

Also. It is worth buying Extended warranty ? Is this something I can buy later within warranty period ? Is AMC worth as well ?
switz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:02   #4759
BHPian

Hey Nexon Owners,

1. Is it ok to drive on eco mode most of the time in city traffic, does this give better mileage compared to City mode? my nexon gives me 8 in eco mode in city. yet to give for 1st service.

2. Tyre repair kit, can this be used to inflate tyres without fixing the solution on machine?

Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 09:36   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
I got mine in 5 weeks, time depends on color and variant, i got a XM, same time a friend booked top end which took 10 weeks.

Better to get extended warranty, purely peace of mind, they've got a slab rate, within 90 days of vehicle delivery its lowest, more than 90, 180 days price goes up.
So I will add the 3years extended warranty. It currently cost 20k.
I have paid the vehicle cost to dealership and eagerly awaiting delivery in over a week or two.
Nexon will be our first car so I am clueless about practical aspects of car which also including driving. I took few lessons but that's it.

I had some more questions.
-Nexon doesn't come with 360 Degree Camera. To me it seems very useful as a beginner. Is it really worth in general ? Will fitting an aftermarket solution void warranty ? If yes, then I will strictly avoid it.

-How about fitting Dashcams ? The ones that have rear + front units like 70mai ? If it's not voiding warranty then I will go for it.

-Adding seat covers void warranty (I doubt, but still confirming) ? Is there any list or things I shouldn't mess around in general that could tamper my car's warranty ?

Any Noob Friendly advices for a new owner w.r.t. Nexon ? Mostly around areas that I need to pay attention to that are often reported as a problem in Nexon.
Old 1st July 2022, 09:54   #4761
BHPian

-Nexon doesn't come with 360 Degree Camera. To me it seems very useful as a beginner. Is it really worth in general ? Will fitting an aftermarket solution void warranty ? If yes, then I will strictly avoid it.

---My 2 cents, not necessary.

-How about fitting Dashcams ? The ones that have rear + front units like 70mai ? If it's not voiding warranty then I will go for it.

---This will be useful, since it doesnt require wire cutting, warranty wont be void.

-Adding seat covers void warranty (I doubt, but still confirming) ? Is there any list or things I shouldn't mess around in general that could tamper my car's warranty ?
---Wont void warranty for seat covers, no wire cutting for any reason.

-Any Noob Friendly advices for a new owner w.r.t. Nexon ? Mostly around areas that I need to pay attention to that are often reported as a problem in Nexon.

Do a PDI using the teambhp checklist. My nexon is a month old and my fuel tank keeps opening at random times while driving.

---1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gear will be a bit sticky. Mileage is around 8 before 1st service. Follow the manual for running in your car for the first 1500 km.

Last edited by switz : 1st July 2022 at 09:55. Reason: alignment
switz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:34   #4762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
I have a USB C type cable from the brand "boAt" and I usually use this for connecting to the infotainment system and it works without any issue.

I have also used the original type C cable from OnePlus and that too works seamlessly.
Just to give you an update - The original cable from OnePlus worked fine for me.
All set with Android Auto now. :-)
SupratikDebnath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:38   #4763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hey Nexon Owners,

1. Is it ok to drive on eco mode most of the time in city traffic, does this give better mileage compared to City mode? my nexon gives me 8 in eco mode in city. yet to give for 1st service.

2. Tyre repair kit, can this be used to inflate tyres without fixing the solution on machine?

Thanks
For point 1 - my take is if you drive sane within the city, all modes are equally fuel efficient.
I found the sport mode to be quite natural in terms of expectations from the car. If you are in the right gear, you should get 15-17 kmpl with AC.

For point 2 - the power is derived from the 12V socket. If you have a 12V in the rear you may use that as well. Is that what you meant to ask?
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:20   #4764
BHPian

Dear all
Apologies for re-posting, but wanted to know if anyone has come across this Issue, thanks.

I would like to report about a unique Issue that I faced with my Nexon XZ+ Diesel Manual twice and take your advice.
The car is a 2017 model and completed 32000 Kms.

I generally use City driving mode while within City limits.
While on the Highway I switch to Sport mode only when I see a free road.
But during couple of times while driving in Sport mode, the car suddenly starts accelerating really quick.
The other symptom I noticed is that although the Gear is in 6th gear, on the display it keeps showing as 5th gear and keeps accelerating or Revving higher.
Apologies if I am unable to describe it in more Technical terms.
This happened once 2 years back, and I had to stop the engine completely and restart it, and did not use Sport mode in the entire journey.

Now again 2 months back it again re-surfaced, and since then I have stopped switching to Sport mode at all.

Any advice on why this could be happening would be of great help so that will explain the same to SA during the Service due shortly. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:33   #4765
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon XZ & XZA variants discontinued

Tata Motors has discontinued a few variants of the Nexon. The crossover is no longer available in XZ and XZA trims.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonmobilespecificationsoverlay.png

The XZ and XZA variants were positioned between the XM (S) and XZ+ trims and were offered with petrol and diesel engine options. The Nexon line-up now consists of XE, XM, XM (S) and XZ+ variants. It is also offered in Dark and Kaziranga Editions.

The Tata Nexon is powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 118 BHP and 170 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel with 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd July 2022 at 12:34.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 21:24   #4766
BHPian

Tata should revise the variants. It's very confusing and difficult to remember the feature distribution. Add to that the dark editions and kaziranga editions across variants,and the recently introduced HS and P variants. You can only imagine how the sales advisors explain it to the uninformed customers.

Now that Nexon is the best seller now, Tata might have the idea that the number of variants is directly proportional to the sales. The forever new policy is a very bad idea.
Old 6th July 2022, 09:36   #4767
BHPian

Hi Kausthubh2785,
So apparently I am also facing the exact same issue. I am though not sure from which area the noise is coming but as you have mentioned, it seems as if I am driving a 15 years old car. This squeaking creaking noise has started to occur since the last 1 month and is quite irritating to say the least.
My vehicle is a Nexon XM (P) which was bought in 2021 and has run 12.5k kms till date.
I am awaiting my 3rd service to come up sometime in August or September where in I would be asking the service advisor to look into it.
Going by your feedback, link rods failing in such short time frame is unacceptable.
I would also request seniors in this forum to shed some light on this if possible.
Where as the Nexon is a brilliant car to own I would say, but these small niggles spoil the ownership experience to a large extent.

Last edited by drritwik : 6th July 2022 at 09:39. Reason: forgot to mention whom the response is for
Old 7th July 2022, 13:38   #4768

Dear All,
Just wanted to check once again.. any suggestions would be a great help !
It recurs intermittently and I am at a loss what to do, SC unable to reproduce or fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuba22 View Post
I have a Nexon XZ+ petrol, manual, which is 3 months old now, done 3200 kms so far.
======
Anyone faced this problem or any inputs that can help?
Thanks !
Old 7th July 2022, 17:58   #4769

squeaky noise from the front right of the car, a noise which normally resembles the creaks of an old truck or a tempo which bobs about after hitting a huge pothole.

Reckon it could be the stabilizer rod.
Old 7th July 2022, 23:44   #4770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Hi Kausthubh2785,
So apparently I am also facing the exact same issue.
So I spoke to the service advisor and it seems some of the cars ARE facing this issue of creaks and squeaks. I will be holding on till my third free service, as its only another 1.5 months, and then see what diagnosis is made of the noise.

Having said this and, looking at complaints from others, it really brings one to the question that how are parts failing so early in such cars. As I said earlier, a brilliant car I would say the Nexon is, but these question their quality control.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks