Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 16:38   #4876
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisalmeriya View Post
Hello fellow members,

Shortlisted the petrol Nexon XZA+P Black edition and planning to book by this weekend with a proposed 3-4 week waiting period. Will be great help to understand of any offers/discount the recent owners were able to extract from the dealer.

Thanks in advance for insights.
With the delivery approaching, would need help to find some good options for dependable accessories shops in Pune. Request forum help for the same. Thanks in advance to all.
Old 28th August 2022, 17:06   #4877
BHPian

I found some curious cotton like material inside the chamber just below the front vipers. The material is visible through the air vents and I was able to take out some of it. see below pictures

On checking further, similar kind of material is plastered over front wheels cladding also.Any idea what it is ?
My suspicion is the cotton material plastered over the wheels wells got torn off, passed through the external ac intake vents and got stuck in chamber as show in picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220828-4.58.09-pm1.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220828-4.58.08-pm.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220828-4.58.09-pm2.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220828-4.58.09-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by mathewspaul : 28th August 2022 at 17:08.
mathewspaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 18:06   #4878

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewspaul View Post
I found some curious cotton like material inside the chamber just below the front vipers. The material is visible through the air vents and I was able to take out some of it. see below pictures

On checking further, similar kind of material is plastered over front wheels cladding also.Any idea what it is ?
My suspicion is the cotton material plastered over the wheels wells got torn off, passed through the external ac intake vents and got stuck in chamber as show in picture.
I had a similar thing happen. After about a couple of months of taking delivery of my Nexon in January 2022, the rear right side tail light stopped working. This was just after the initial service, so I took it back to the service center. The service center people dismantled the tail light assembly and showed me that the wires were all chopped/gnawed off and material like this was all over the in space between the tail light dome and the body panel. They mentioned it was a rat bite and while we didn't have any rats running around in my house, my office parking definitely had some. My dad though, insisted that it probably came from the yard like that and might have been functioning on last few strands of the wire which got cut due to bumps and stuff. Nevertheless, the service center did a complete check and fixed the wiring and I've not had a problem since. I'm mentioning this here because the fluffy material you've shown looks exactly like how it was inside my tail light.

[ATTACH=PXL_20220317_062304769.jpg]fluffy[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20220317_062304769.jpg  

Ma5terVain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 19:12   #4879
BHPian

Thanks. I sent the images to SA and he is of the same opinion.

Last edited by mathewspaul : 28th August 2022 at 19:16.
Old 29th August 2022, 09:18   #4880

My IRA in Nexon XZA Premium is not being updated. It is unable to sync, it's stuck at 10:55 pm yesterday? How can I trouble shoot this?
Old 29th August 2022, 12:23   #4881

Hi, a question out of curiosity, does engine consumes more fuel on idle in sports mode if compared to eco/city mode?
Old 29th August 2022, 12:59   #4882
Senior - BHPian

Nexon gurus, what is the ideal time to replace the Diesel's timing belt? My friend was suggested to change it at just 40k km my Tata after sale service! His car is 4 years old.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2022, 13:36   #4883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's sound dampening sheets with fiber-cloth mix. Its quite an effective way to suppress noise. Problem is - rats & cats have easy access to the area above the front wheel wells of the Nexon. They sit there, nibble & also tear the entire piece to pieces, just for play (cats). Its these two that are always the culprit. Otherwise the sheets are quite properly installed and won't come off on their own.

The sheets on both my front wheel wells are gone since a long while now for the mentioned reasons. I am not going to bother about getting them reinstalled at the ASC (which is possible).
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfaddict View Post
Hi, a question out of curiosity, does engine consumes more fuel on idle in sports mode if compared to eco/city mode?
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Nexon gurus, what is the ideal time to replace the Diesel's timing belt? My friend was suggested to change it at just 40k km my Tata after sale service! His car is 4 years old.
I am replying anyway even if you want the Gurus to advise. So - there is no univeral ideal time. It will depend heavily on individual usage pattern, local weather conditions and what not.

I would generally not change it before 50K kms given my usage pattern that involves regular driving and also long distance continuous drives of hours at a stretch. I feel it keeps the rubber based material properly seasoned.

Definitely not change it at the laughable interval mentioned (either mistakenly or with malice) in the service intervals of the user manual. Unnecessary part changes in the car (right from suspension bush to the deepest complexities of the engine) - is something that I'm completely averse to.

Its a pretty costly affair to change it - so absolutely no surprise that the ASC try to get this done at every possible opportunity. As a rule of thumb with authorized ASCs of any brand that is doing well - if its the first time that they are suggesting a part change as "precautionary change" - the part will easily work fine till the next service .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:05   #4884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The sheets on both my front wheel wells are gone since a long while now for the mentioned reasons. I am not going to bother about getting them reinstalled at the ASC (which is possible).
Thanks for the clarification. In my case, there is large chunk of the said material collected in the rain water drainage after the front windshield. So I need to get it removed. Otherwise it will decompose there and eventually smell.
Old 29th August 2022, 16:59   #4885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Not specific to Nexon in itself however in this case - refer owner`s manual.

Belt in itself may survive, but there is tensioner, idler and water pump etc needs to be replaced \ inspected as necessary after removing the front cover of the engine. If it is recommended in the owner`s manual, then it is recommended to be done. Whatever this may cost is certainly cheaper than an engine with bent valves and piston.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 18:19   #4886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
If it's a belt, 40,000 is more likely. If it's a chain then 100,000 is the standard. Go by the manual and don't skimp or take undue time.

Belts can fail dramatically and blow your engine. Been there, done that on an old Indigo Marina because I was misled into believing it was already changed when I bought it. What would have cost me or the idiot who sold the car to me about 2500 ended up costing me 40k in damages instead!

Quote:

It's basically a rat building a nest. So better take precautions.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th August 2022 at 18:50. Reason: back to back posts merged
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 23:14   #4887
BHPian

Looking for some feedback on Gearbox shifting in Nexon.
I notice that sometimes the gear doesn't properly shift even after fully depressing the clutch.
At times, the reverse gear doesn't engage.
In addition the first gear and second are horrible to engage. It feels extremely rough.
Basically the entire gear slotting mechanism seems like I have to fight it to shift. I know its Tata and it won't be as smooth as Maruti or Hyundai but still..
I have first free service due on 4th Sept. Any advice what I should be looking at.
It has hardly done 600kms.
Old 1st September 2022, 10:54   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Looking for some feedback on Gearbox shifting in Nexon.
I notice that sometimes the gear doesn't properly shift even after fully depressing the clutch.
At times, the reverse gear doesn't engage.
In addition the first gear and second are horrible to engage. It feels extremely rough.
Basically the entire gear slotting mechanism seems like I have to fight it to shift. I know its Tata and it won't be as smooth as Maruti or Hyundai but still..
I have first free service due on 4th Sept. Any advice what I should be looking at.
It has hardly done 600kms.
Hi,
Mine has done 11k kms yet and I get what you are saying. What I have noticed at times, along with the rear gear engaging issue, my car is very enthusiastic in moving from 2nd to 3rd gear. Since it does not give me trouble, I have let it run.
For the reverse gear situation, if it does not slot perfectly on the first go, put the car in first gear for a just a little motion, or if the car is on a slope, then let it move on either direction just a little, the gear then slots just fine.

Hope this helps
Cheers!
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:25   #4889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi,
Mine has done 11k kms yet and I get what you are saying. What I have noticed at times, along with the rear gear engaging issue, my car is very enthusiastic in moving from 2nd to 3rd gear. Since it does not give me trouble, I have let it run.
For the reverse gear situation, if it does not slot perfectly on the first go, put the car in first gear for a just a little motion, or if the car is on a slope, then let it move on either direction just a little, the gear then slots just fine.

Hope this helps
Cheers!
So this poor user experience in gear shift is a general design or manufacturing flaw in Tata Nexon or just some odd batches of Car ? I am just concerned that something has not broken or failed leading to this.
I agree about your experience with 2nd -> 3rd. Its the most smooth shift across all gear. Even 3rd to 4th is Decent. Then 5th is again a challenge. I don't get chance to try 6th gear so can't talk about it.

I will try that trick with Reverse gear, although I would hope the SC could do some magic about it.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:43   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
So this poor user experience in gear shift is a general design or manufacturing flaw in Tata Nexon or just some odd batches of Car ? I am just concerned that something has not broken or failed leading to this.
I agree about your experience with 2nd -> 3rd. Its the most smooth shift across all gear. Even 3rd to 4th is Decent. Then 5th is again a challenge. I don't get chance to try 6th gear so can't talk about it.

I will try that trick with Reverse gear, although I would hope the SC could do some magic about it.
In addition to what BHPain NovemberKing_91 suggested, can you try the following & let us know if it helps?

While slotting into reverse, ensure that your right foot is firmly on the brake pedal. {I had the same problem in my Zest, and this has helped me immensely. Hence suggesting.}
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks