Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 11:21   #4966

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Good 35/55W HID conversion kits are readily available & are a plug & play fit. There are threads in the DIY section about how to install them in the Nexon. Either of them are <=55W which is the stock rating & they work fine on the existing wiring harness & fuse, without making any difference to the electricals. I am using them since nearly 3 years now without issues.
Hi @Reinhard - thanks. Do you see any deterioration in the projector lens due to HID bulbs? I am asking this because I was planning to replace my 2017 Nexon's low beams with HID but instead opted for Maxxlink 4300K LEDs because the shop guy said there would be headlight degradation due to HIDs. Is this true for 35W HIDs? Also how good is the throw compared to stock Halogens? With the Maxxlink LEDs I really dont feel any difference. Only is closed spaces do I find the LEDs brighter, on the road they make n difference.
Old 10th October 2022, 22:02   #4967
BHPian

After about 35000 kilometres of running, I changed the tires on my Nexon Kraz (P) 2017. Stock tires of Goodyear Assurance served reasonably well. I had rotated the wheels as per OEM recommendation and 4 out of 5 were pretty worn out.

I went for 215/60/R16 in place of stock 195/60/R16.
Installed Vredestein Ultrac on suggestion from the shopkeeper. These came with 2 years of unconditional warranty plus 3 years of standard warranty, though not sure about terms and conditions yet.

I have planned a visit to my hometown on occasion of Chhat Puja, so will share my views after about 1200 KMs of usage soon.
Old 11th October 2022, 08:58   #4968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post

Query 3: City mileage with decent traffic is 8-9 kms.in 'City' mode.Auto drive.AC on all times.Is this normal? Highway it is close to 15.So fine.

Mileage or not...this is a lovely car. Love it more than all my earlier cars including Crysta..except probably Duster which i loved as much
With regards to the mileage I would second it. I own a Nexon XM (P) manual. In city traffic the usual mileage (tank to tank) I get is around 10 to a maximum of 11. My car runs always in the CITY mode with AC on. Out on the highways I have got a mileage of around 15-16 again in CITY mode and with AC on always. On the highway I am not a sedate driver and maintain triple digit speeds but also, do not drive rashly in any sense. So the highway mileage is in respect to that.

I agree with you that this car is really comfortable to drive. Mileage is a factor for sure but I have traded it with comfort and peace of mind with regards to safety.

Cheers
drritwik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 17:50   #4969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
With regards to the mileage I would second it. I own a Nexon XM (P) manual. In city traffic the usual mileage (tank to tank) I get is around 10 to a maximum of 11. My car runs always in the CITY mode with AC on. Out on the highways I have got a mileage of around 15-16 again in CITY mode and with AC on always. On the highway I am not a sedate driver and maintain triple digit speeds but also, do not drive rashly in any sense. So the highway mileage is in Cheers
My Nexon also gives around 9-10 kmpl in dense traffic and around 15-17 on highways. All these figures are with 100% AC on. Surprisingly I have seen max 27 kmpl on MID for a short trip where I maintained 70 kmph in 6th gear in city mode with AC off. But it's a pain to drive the car like that as it begs to be driven hard.

All in all this is a lovely mini-SUV.
FireBlade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 14:54   #4970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insas1983 View Post
Hi @Reinhard - thanks. Do you see any deterioration in the projector lens due to HID bulbs? I am asking this because I was planning to replace my 2017 Nexon's low beams with HID but instead opted for Maxxlink 4300K LEDs because the shop guy said there would be headlight degradation due to HIDs. Is this true for 35W HIDs? Also how good is the throw compared to stock Halogens? With the Maxxlink LEDs I really dont feel any difference. Only is closed spaces do I find the LEDs brighter, on the road they make n difference.
Hey -
  1. No - I infact use 55W HIDs in the low beam projectors since quite a while now, and there is no difference in the projectors. I won't expect any, given the HIDs glow at more or less the same operating temperature as the halogen bulbs.
  2. It is extremely difficult to find the right LED bulb for each individual projector design due to the focus point of the projector and the height of the chip from the base of the bulb holder in each LED design. That's why I never consider LED as an option for OEM projectors. HIDs work easily.

Here is a sample test of my lighting setup. I hope this will give you a good idea. For reference - you can look at the beam pattern and intensity of the passing cars on the road. That will give an idea of the difference.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:11   #4971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6957663004 View Post
I have a Nexon XZ+S. I too have an issue with the headlamps when on low beam and regret to say that it is pretty much useless at the available power. This forces me to use the high beam which is not a good thing to do. I checked with the "Select" TATA service center in Hyderabad and they advised against changing the bulb and informed that the after market service providers will tap into existing power lines and that will result in voiding the warranty.

My question is, is there a high power bulb available in the market as a drop fit option without affecting the existing power and wiring setup. I understand that the fuse needs to be upped to 15 amps. I saw that a 55w bulb is available from Phillips and wish to go for it. Only if this doesnt affect the performance, mileage or doesnt void the warranty. I sincerely request the other members to advise on this. Thank you.

If you want to use your existing headlamps with no replacement but get a good throuw, follow the steps
1) Locate the light knob beside your steering wheel
2) Find the numbers engraved from 0 to 3
3) Shift the knob to 0 (mostly it is kept at 3)

Wait for 5-6 seconds and see the difference in low beams. The light which went maybe 3-4feet from your car goes to 10-20mts from your car and visibility improves drastically.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:47   #4972

Hi fellow Nexon owners,

Did anyone received second key for your vehicle recently?

I checked with SA and he said it is not available yet. My vehicle is April 2022 make and first 2 services are over.
Old 15th October 2022, 18:22   #4973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
City mileage with decent traffic is 8-9 kms.in 'City' mode.Auto drive.AC on all times.Is this normal? Highway it is close to 15.So fine.
Quote:
With regards to the mileage I would second it. I own a Nexon XM (P) manual. In city traffic the usual mileage (tank to tank) I get is around 10 to a maximum of 11. My car runs always in the CITY mode with AC on. Out on the highways I have got a mileage of around 15-16 again in CITY mode and with AC on always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
My Nexon also gives around 9-10 kmpl in dense traffic and around 15-17 on highways. All these figures are with 100% AC on.
In my experience, the Nexon returns best highway mileage in the Sport mode. Of course, it depends on the driving habit too. We just completed 2672 km drive to Arunachal Pradesh in our Feb 2021 XM Petrol which was driven fully in Sport mode. The drive had around 450 km of hill drive where AC was not needed. Otherwise, the AC was used throughout. Our Nexon whose odometer just reached 13K, returned MID mileage of 20.3 kmpl for the trip. On the other hand, the tank-to-tank mileage for the trip is around 18.4 kmpl.

As far as the drive is concerned, the Nexon is a driver's delight. On the last day of the trip, I drove it for 16 hours including 3 hours of food/bio/fuel breaks to reach home.

Mileage of Nexon XM (Petrol) during drive to Arunachal Pradesh
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20221010_212136.jpg

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 14:59   #4974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
In my experience, the Nexon returns best highway mileage in the Sport mode. Of course, it depends on the driving habit too. We just completed 2672 km drive to Arunachal Pradesh in our Feb 2021 XM Petrol which was driven fully in Sport mode. The drive had around 450 km of hill drive where AC was not needed. Otherwise, the AC was used throughout. Our Nexon whose odometer just reached 13K, returned MID mileage of 20.3 kmpl for the trip. On the other hand, the tank-to-tank mileage for the trip is around 18.4 kmpl.
Hi,

Thank you for your input. I also very closely follow your youtube channel because of the sole reason of the details and efforts you put into it.

I have a few quick questions to you.

So my Nexon is just over a year old, 1 year 1 month to be precise, and has run 16.5K till date. Majority of the run has been accrued for travel to and from Kolkata to Diamond Harbour due to work. Rest of it divided between purely city (Kolkata) run and highway run.
Running the Nexon in sports mode gives the best mileage is something I have heard from a few people.
So this run you are talking about, has yours been a blend of city and highway too? From the city perspective, what has been the mileage you have seen and in which mode?
The approximate difference of 2kmpl between MID and actual is something I have also seen.
Also, for the highway runs, what is the approximate speed that you normally maintain? From your youtube channel I have gathered that you maintain approximately 80kmph. Please do correct me if I am wrong. I on the other hand maintain approximate 100 kmph considering that the road conditions allow me to do so.
I am yet to run the car on sports only mode on the highway, and I am looking forward to doing it to see what change in mileage I achieve. To note that my car runs always in the CITY mode and with AC on at 90% of times

This car is very comfortable to drive and I consider others will also agree on the same. With a slight increase in mileage I would consider this car as perfect from all angles.

Thanks & Cheers
drritwik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 22:01   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
So this run you are talking about, has yours been a blend of city and highway too?
It was mostly a highway run but it had a fair amount of hill drive, some off-roading, a drive through river-bed and a few sight-seeing slow drives (I mean drive in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear).

Quote:
From the city perspective, what has been the mileage you have seen and in which mode?
Actually, we stay in a campus. So my local drive isn't like city driving in a bumper-to-bumper traffic as in Kolkata. However, if I am out of campus then I always drive in the Sport mode even for local trips. The lowest tank-to-tank mileage that I have got in this year (2022) so far is 11.5 kmpl.

Quote:
Also, for the highway runs, what is the approximate speed that you normally maintain? From your Youtube channel I have gathered that you maintain approximately 80kmph. Please do correct me if I am wrong. I on the other hand maintain approximate 100 kmph considering that the road conditions allow me to do so.
I am a sedate driver who enjoys those really long drives. As far as the speed is concerned, I am certainly not the fastest guy on the road. In fact, I would consider myself to be a rather defensive driver. Having said that when it comes to long drives, it's usually hard to beat a steady driver in reaching the destination.

Last week when we were driving back from Siliguri, 3 cars, with registered numbers from Kolkata, overtook me around Dalkhola at around 10 am. By the time we crossed into Nadia at around 4 pm, all 3 were behind me and they eventually disappeared from my rear view mirrors! Frankly, the fast acceleration and then hard braking causes more fatigue to the driver and is also bad for the mileage.

Surely, you should take your Nexon on a really long highway drive. I am pretty sure you will enjoy the drive. For the best mileage, you should cruise in around 1500-2000 rpm. In 6th gear, you can reach 100 kmph in Nexon Petrol having engine rpm just under 2000.

Best wishes,

Last edited by gmhossain : 16th October 2022 at 22:07.
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:10   #4976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I am a sedate driver who enjoys those really long drives. As far as the speed is concerned, I am certainly not the fastest guy on the road. In fact, I would consider myself to be a rather defensive driver. Having said that when it comes to long drives, it's usually hard to beat a steady driver in reaching the destination.

Last week when we were driving back from Siliguri, 3 cars, with registered numbers from Kolkata, overtook me around Dalkhola at around 10 am. By the time we crossed into Nadia at around 4 pm, all 3 were behind me and they eventually disappeared from my rear view mirrors! Frankly, the fast acceleration and then hard braking causes more fatigue to the driver and is also bad for the mileage.

Surely, you should take your Nexon on a really long highway drive. I am pretty sure you will enjoy the drive. For the best mileage, you should cruise in around 1500-2000 rpm. In 6th gear, you can reach 100 kmph in Nexon Petrol having engine rpm just under 2000.

Best wishes,
Thank you so much for your inputs Mr Hossain. I completely agree with you on the steady part. I have myself observed that hard driving gives one a maximum of 10-15 minutes advantage on our roads. I do drive at around 100kpmh considering road conditions allow me to. Smooth driving lets one enjoy the drive and also creates less of fatigue.
One more thing is that I never drive hard because my son suffers from motion sickness. So as a rule it has to be smooth to alleviate his condition as far as possible. Acceleration from my end is always gradual and as much as possible braking too.
Yes, I might never get the kind of mileage you are talking about due to where I stay, but for sure I am looking forward to testing the sports mode the next time I am on a long drive. The RPM, gear and speed you mentioned is spot on for the Nexon. As a rule I try not to take the RPM over 2000-2500 at any given point.

Cheers to many more happy miles.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 13:18   #4977
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I am writing this on behalf of my friend who owns a Tata Nexon Petrol AMT.

Car's Detail-
Model- Tata Nexon
Fuel Type- Petrol
Transmission- AMT
Date of manufacture- July'22
Mileage- under 4000 km
Age- Three months old
Purchased from- Tata Goldrush Lucknow

Problem-
Coming straight to the problem, he started noticing loud engine noise and vibration before the car's first service was due and reported the same. The issue was rectified as per the SA and the problem disappeared. But a couple of weeks afterward the issue cropped up again. This time, the car was checked, and to everyone's shock had only 200 ml of engine oil in it. There was no leak or damage found that could have resulted in the loss of engine oil. Plus as per SA, he didn't find any metal debris in the engine oil or the oil filter. He even got a compression test done and the results were okay. So he filed his findings and the issue with Tata Motors and two days afterward he has now confirmed that the company has approved the replacement of the engine with a new one.

Advice Needed-
My friend has a couple of questions and I would request fellow BHPians to pitch in with their advice-
1). Is it okay to accept a new car (barely 3 months old) with a workshop-fitted engine and if fitted how reliable it would be in the long run?
2). SA told him that Tata motors have a policy that states that if anything fails or has a problem will be replaced entirely if the car has run under 10,000 km. Is it so?
3). Has anyone other Nexon owner faced such an issue or someone who can shed some light on how the engine oil could go so low?

That said, if there is anything else BHPians can add that would help him then please do so.
AROO7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 23:26   #4978
BHPian

Hi everyone, my Father in Law started his Nexon Petrol AMT after a gap of few days. And at first it didn’t start and after it started the following error occurred. Any idea what this is?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-06ff985a58ec45249483f2a3e3440e9d.jpeg
Old 25th October 2022, 08:09   #4979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi everyone, my Father in Law started his Nexon Petrol AMT after a gap of few days. And at first it didn’t
Not too sure but it could be check engine light. You should get the car checked at Service Center as soon as possible.

According to this video @11:31 mark, the symbol is of check engine:

FireBlade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:59   #4980

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Nexon will receive an update early next year, specifically with regards to DCA gearbox being offered as an update?

Any insight / inside Information would be highly appreciated.

PS. I have booked Nexon Diesel AMT, although hoping if DCA is offered by Q1 2023, i'd prefer to extend the booking & wait for that.

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks