Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 15:38   #5041
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry about your incident. I have the 2017 Nexon and the brakes are just great. Regarding the hatch, it's a direct replacement and should be okay. You can get it water sprayed to check for gaps
I feel that brakes of Nexon are great too! In fact, I love the braking of this baby SUV. Have done close to 350kms of continuous drive and yet the brakes worked quite well. No fading thus far.

And for reference(though of a bike), I have a CBR250R with combined ABS and braking of my baby blade is simply phenomenal.
FireBlade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 16:21   #5042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
not getting grabbed - a very slippery feeling of sorts.
Get your brakes checked throughly, if you live in Kanpur, take an appointment with SE Shailendra @Sai Motors, Rooma. Take my name, and if you want his number PM me.

I've a '18 Nexon D AMT and brakes are perfect.
Vinod_nair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 17:00   #5043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Get your brakes checked throughly, if you live in Kanpur, take an appointment with SE Shailendra @Sai Motors, Rooma. Take my name, and if you want his number PM me.

I've a '18 Nexon D AMT and brakes are perfect.
Thankyou Vinod.

My car is at Sai Motors, Rooma for repair works. Co-incidentally, it is also due for service, which I’ll attend to once I get my car back from repairs. Will get the brakes checked thoroughly in the service.
Old 19th December 2022, 18:22   #5044
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
So this is how I went about booking Tiago and ended up with Nexon.
Hello All,
It's been five months and still, there is no clarity on vehicle availability from Garve Thathwade. They have created a what's up group where I only ask questions about the availability of my car but no answer from their side.

When I called the sales executive, very politely he replied, "Sir, I left the job".

A few days back I received a call from Team Leader and said they have another color available and was asking me to confirm in 10 min.
I am waiting since five months and they need confirmation in 10 min.

They also offered me Altroz DCA; again not in dark.

I was very clear about the color option that I need dark only. To which the reply is "Dark color is very difficult in AMT version since there is a chip shortage and AMT gearbox is a bottleneck".
I am like, how it is relevant to color. If there is an issue with the chip shortage for AMT gearbox then it would not be available in any color.

Guys anyone facing the same issue in getting delivery for Nexon AMT or might be the dealer is playing around?

Do you guys suggest changing to Altroz DCA or any other option for automatics? pl suggest.
Old 20th December 2022, 08:26   #5045

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Hello All,
It's been five months and still, there is no clarity on vehicle availability from Garve Thathwade. They have created a what's up group where I only ask questions about the availability of my car but no answer from their side.
Go for DCA if your pocket allows, you'll appreciate your decision later. By no means AMT is a smooth Gearbox, head nod etc. DCA is a proper automatic.

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2022 at 09:22. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
yzfaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:05   #5046

Quote:
Hello All,
It seems true that AMT is a bottleneck. When I booked my Nexon in June, they quoted me 4 to 6 months, but a car was allocated to me in 20 days!
I asked them how did I get it so soon, the answer they gave me: "Because yours is a manual, AMTs take a lot of time"
Although I agree that in my case, it was sheer luck too..

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2022 at 09:22. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 20th December 2022, 11:07   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Guys anyone facing the same issue in getting delivery for Nexon AMT or might be the dealer is playing around?
Last year i received delivery of my vehicle nexon XMA after a wait of six months. And it was almost a blackhole for any information during the wait period. I was also told similar things that the colour, model and AMT gearbox is causing delay of my vehicle delivery.

what is the wait period that has been mentioned in your booking form? Is that period over? If Yes, you can raise it to appropriate channels, which will require a lot of time and efforts as nobody replies even from the TaMo in first attempt. There is an escalation matrix provided to you that you may have received in mail or in booking form. Try to raise it directly to your regional tata Manager and see if he responds to it.
Old 20th December 2022, 12:10   #5048
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Go for DCA if your pocket allows, you'll appreciate your decision later. By no means AMT is a smooth Gearbox, head nod, etc. DCA is a proper automatic.
Thanks, yzfaddict.

I agree. DCA is always better than AMT. Even, the top-end Altroz DCA is approx. 3L cheaper than Nexon AMT (XZA+HS Dark). The only sunroof is missing.

I gave this proposal to the home ministry. Let's see.

Quote:
It seems true that AMT is a bottleneck. When I booked my Nexon in June, they quoted me 4 to 6 months, but a car was allocated to me in 20 days!
Thanks, arunabh002 for this input. The sales executive might be right. No option but to wait for some more time.

Quote:
what is the wait period that has been mentioned in your booking form? Is that period over?
Thanks, neutron.

The waiting period quoted on my booking form is 4 months and is over.
I will try to escalate the matter. Though, as you rightly said, getting a response in the first attempt from TML (or from any manufacturer) on such escalation is difficult.

But I would like to avoid getting the delivery in the next 10 days. It will be better to take delivery in new year. what say!
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 17:12   #5049
Senior - BHPian

It's not about the company I would like to appreciate here. I want to applaud the way the dealership took full responsibility here that made world of a difference to the customer. Tata did nothing here except send the new engine with dealerships influence. Credit to be given to them while carmaker listens to their dealership well. Ultimately all 3 parties benefitted from this scenario:

1) Tata's goodwill and trust went up for providing the engine replacement.
2) Dealership's earned a customer who will add more customers for the way this issue was dealt! I am sure customer will only return to the dealership not for the brand, but for the way they handled the whole scenario by ensuring customer never faced the heat from an issue caused by OEM.
3) Customer enjoyed hassle free experience throughout!
Old 21st December 2022, 22:07   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
But I would like to avoid getting the delivery in the next 10 days. It will be better to take delivery in new year. what say!
not sure if you are delaying to get 2023 manufactured vehicle..or just to get the vehicle delivery in jan irrespective of manufacturing year. Just keep in mind that there may be price hike in jan/feb months and in that case will tata provide price protection to you?
Old 24th December 2022, 12:50   #5051
BHPian

TATA MOTORS has stopped P2P AMC contract since November 2022. I'm unable to purchase it and after enquiry from showroom , they said its not available anymore. Not showing in website also.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-tata-amc.png  

Old 26th December 2022, 13:13   #5052

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfaddict View Post
Go for DCA if your pocket allows, you'll appreciate your decision later. By no means AMT is a smooth Gearbox, head nod etc. DCA is a proper automatic.
Only con is no turbo with DCA. Else I would have switched camps. I'm waiting since 5 months as well.
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 14:47   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
Only con is no turbo with DCA. Else I would have switched camps. I'm waiting since 5 months as well.
I agree with your decision to wait. I know how frustrating waiting can be as I waited aprox. 6 months for my Nexon last year. But once you get your car, you'll forget all about this ordeal and simply would love your car/baby SUV
Old 28th December 2022, 11:42   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
Tata Nexon Petrol variants prices Nov 2022 - New vs Old

37 variants on offer

Attachment 2384818

Tata Nexon Diesel variants prices Nov 2022 - New vs Old

31 variants on offer

Attachment 2384819

Source : Rushlane
I was wondering why nobody brought this in to discussion. Its a huge variants list! How do they even ideated to come up with these many variants. How does the customer makes a choice? Its better to have Base, Mid and High variant like Urban cruiser or like LX, VX and ZX like Maruti which makes choosing a variant less cumbersome !
MotoDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 17:51   #5055

Congrats on your new car purchase anyways..

Couple years ago, I had a not so good Test Driving (TD) experience with TATA Nexon which made me not consider any budget TATA Cars anymore.. Somehow TATA goes to the depths of cost cutting so much so that their styling, aesthetics, parts look out of shape without symmetry.. Honestly speaking, I feel the rear section of the TATA Nexon looks like an Auto rickshaw!?

I had chosen an AMT for TD, and in the footwell where you rest your left foot, to my shock and disbelief, the metal sections from the hood/chassis were left open exposed and as the vehicle was in running condition for a while, all the metal bits had heated up, my left foot accidentally resulted in a minor scald/burn.. And I had no intentions to insert my leg up into the metal parts..

That's when I decided and realized TATA Cars are not for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogg_23 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my recent PDI experience. I booked TATA Nexon XZ+ (HS) Petrol Manual on 31st October 2022. SA allotted the vehicle on the same day, sharing the chassis and engine number over email. I requested PDI before the final payment, and he agreed. We reached the stockyard on Monday (7th Nov) around 11 AM.

The location is KHT Prime in Whitefiled, and we can see not just TATA but Jeep and Fiat vehicles coming here for service. The 4 storied building hosts hundreds of vehicles. Our PDI vehicle is on the rooftop. The journey to the rooftop from the ground floor is not easy. Three massive service elevators can hold the Jeep compass easily in them. The SA was surprised to see 2 of the three elevators don't go to the top floor (one of them is not willing to close the doors. don't know why). After a good amount of waiting, he took us to the 3rd elevator, which already had a Jeep Compass. The elevator went down first, an employee entered, and now the lift doors close and open again (10% open), and they try to close and bounce back. The SA and the other employee started calling people, asking them to come and open the doors. After 5 minutes, someone cleared the debris in the way of the lift doors so they could be closed. Thankfully, the lift started going up. On the 2nd floor, suddenly the Jeep Compass comes to life with the engine revving. My wife got scared that the car might run over us inside the lift. As soon as the 2nd-floor lift doors were opened, we jumped out of the lift and let the huge compass roll away for service. We are back in the lift and reached the rooftop.

So many vehicles parked nicely, and we found our white Nexon guarded safely with 4 other vehicles on 4 sides. First I checked its VIN, which matched the one in the Allotment mail. It's Oct 2022 make. I looked at all windows and the numbers, and they all matched. So good, so far. We started looking at the paint, looking for scratches and dents. I found a crack near the left headlamp. I took photos of anything which felt out of place. I got inside, and SA started whining about finishing the PDI, how everyone wants to see the car before purchase, and how it's becoming a problem for them. Without minding him, I looked into the glove box and found a red mark on the inside. The beige fabric has some dirt marks on all sides. And here comes the big show, SA gets inside, turns on the engine, and opens the sunroof. It nicely opens, then he presses the closing button, but it doesn't close. It nearly closes and bounces back. He struggled to make it work for the next 15 minutes but couldn't.

The sunroof is not closing. It's bouncing back
Attachment 2376748

The crack near the left headlamp
Attachment 2376749

It wasn't a surprise; I have seen this in a few review videos. I continued looking for more out-of-place stuff. The ODO is just 9km. I slotted all gears, 6th gear is not bouncing back; that's a good thing. I was able to put the reverse with ease, and the rearview camera is working fine. I bought a 12V adapter a day before and used it to test the 12V front socket; it's charging my phone. Apple car play is working, we played songs, called people from the infotainment unit, and people on the other side are happy with the mic quality of Nexon. SA started calling people, complaining about the sunroof, and asked us to leave, as some service people would come and check the issue. I checked the headlamps, fog lamps, indicators, and vipers (front and back) and checked if seat belts were bucking in at all 5 slots. All good. Now I go back and open the boot, and I find the spare tire holding metal section has some white coating at the edges.

Red mark inside the glove box
Attachment 2376754

The 9km ODO reading
Attachment 2376751

We were puzzled by the white glue/paint/cream near the edges
Attachment 2376752

As it was very sunny, and we also felt like we had checked almost all the major stuff, we left the place; I sent all the photos to SA, asking him to resolve them. My BIL, co-brother and friends told me the crack in the front near the headlamp was not paint fault, its certain damage, which was not covered up well. Everyone suggested we reject the car, and I felt it was unsafe to go with the car, which had damage right in the front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks