Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 18:24   #5026

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1662 View Post
Hi,

Is there any truth to this? And what other steps can I take to speed up my car's delivery?

Thanks in advance!
Mine is a June XMA booking at Prerna Motors through company lease. Sales rep (SR) promised by July end. Despite regular followup, we are now in December and no signs of allocation. SR claims that it is very difficult to get Automatic variants not sure how much truth is there in that. I had heavy usage last few months and ended up renting and borrowing. He now says that there will be cancellations in December as customers will prefer 2023 model and asked me to have a little patience. Now I'm not so sure I want to take a 2022 model in last week of December. I'm tired of being jerked around and feel I should have booked on the Tata Motors website and then followed up offline (if that is more transparent?). This is my first-time car booking experience and it has been very disappointing to say the least.
Old 6th December 2022, 00:11   #5027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
Now I'm not so sure I want to take a 2022 model in last week of December. I'm tired of being jerked around and feel I should have booked on the Tata Motors website and then followed up offline (if that is more transparent?).
Don't worry - it really makes no difference in buying a Dec made car at the end of the year. Its a myth really. Unless there is a real significant facelift immediately afterwards - the car doesn't lose any value just because a calendar year number incremented. And no such big facelift is happening for the Nexon any time soon (its already fairly recent).

Of course - no problem in trying various ways for a quick delivery if you are getting frustrated with the wait. Just saying - Dec'22 car should not be avoided just for the manufacturing date. Immediately pick it up if you are allocated one. (Also - take that SE's talk about cancellations with a pinch of salt. Generally its pep talk to keep you at peace. Nobody cancels now a days for this reason. Not after waiting so long especially.)
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 10:40   #5028

Quote:
SR claims that it is very difficult to get Automatic variants not sure how much truth is there in that.
This is funny because my sales rep told me that production is being focused on Automatics and Diesels, hence there is a delay for XM Petrol Manual ..

Really upset at the the lies being fed.
I suggest you get in touch with Customer care and raise a complaint. I did the same. This got back to the dealer and I received an email from dealership that by December last week my allocation will happen.
Old 6th December 2022, 14:19   #5029

Quote:
Mine is a June XMA booking at Prerna Motors through company lease. Sales rep (SR) promised by July end. Despite regular followup, we are now in December and no signs of allocation. SR claims that it is very difficult to get Automatic variants not sure how much truth is there in that. I had heavy usage last few months and ended up renting and borrowing. He now says that there will be cancellations in December as customers will prefer 2023 model and asked me to have a little patience. Now I'm not so sure I want to take a 2022 model in last week of December. I'm tired of being jerked around and feel I should have booked on the Tata Motors website and then followed up offline (if that is more transparent?). This is my first-time car booking experience and it has been very disappointing to say the least.
It might be true not only its the same situation with Prerna Motors but other dealers as well, i had booked my XZA+P model in May, got the vehicle allocated in Oct end that too after may dealership visits, fights and showing them that i have booked other brand vehicle too. Had to almost resort to a fight with dealership and TATA Motors employees.
It did not help the fact that after introduction of "L" variant there have been changes in the variants in "L" and above, including mine (P, top most).
Now my vehicle does not have cup holders near armrest (not that i use it often), but i have a wireless charging pad plus there is space below armrest which can hold some change + a sanitizer bottle + my wallet and one of my phone (7 inch space).
With the internal changes and being automatic it gets delayed, hopefully they are ramping up the deliveries now.
One thing dealership did repeat that "If you would have booked a manual vehicle or any other vehicle, we could have delivered in a month or 2" that too very confidently.
So i guess there are more delay in automatics than manual delivery in nexon only.
Old 6th December 2022, 17:24   #5030
BHPian

To add to the discussion above regarding manual vs automatic waiting period, let me add my experience. I booked XZ+O petrol last year mid February. Then it was endless wait and fight with dealership guys as they were angry when I shot a mail or two to Tata. Tata themselves forward all the complaint mail to dealership itself.The whole process very frustrating.

Finally my car was allotted end of July and got delivery in that same month after almost waiting for 6 months. So, those looking to buy Nexon, need to have some patience. Once you get your car you'll forget about this ordeal and start to enjoy your car. This baby SUV is amazing trust me.

FireBlade
Old 11th December 2022, 13:13   #5031
BHPian

Got my Nexon XZ+ HS petrol delivered on 13 Nov at Key Motors Mysore Road, Bangalore. Starting from booking till delivery of the vehicle it was a smooth transition and no issues. SA also made sure all my findings were corrected on the day of delivery.

I had installed auto dimming IRVM as a part of accessory which costed me about 8000 and the SA made sure all the connections were made properly.

Last edited by meetbadri : 11th December 2022 at 13:14. Reason: Correcting spelling mistake
meetbadri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:03   #5032

Sintered brake pads for Nexon

I have a Nexon XZ+P. I was wondering if there are any high performance brake pads available for it from the likes of EBC or Brembo.

I don't have any complaints about the braking in regular use, but in rare/emergency cases where hard braking from high speed is required, I don't find the brakes as confidence inspiring as I would like.
My Dominar 400 UG had very good stock brakes, but once I upgraded to EBC Double H Sintered brake pads, the breaking improved so drastically that it made me feel invincible!

I want the same feeling from the Nexon too.

Has anyone tried using aftermarket brake pads for Nexon? Are there any good ones worth upgrading?
Old 12th December 2022, 12:30   #5033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
Sintered brake pads for Nexon

I have a Nexon XZ+P. I was wondering if there are any high performance brake pads available for it from the likes of EBC or Brembo.

I don't have any complaints about the braking in regular use, but in rare/emergency cases where hard braking from high speed is required, I don't find the brakes as confidence inspiring as I would like.
My Dominar 400 UG had very good stock brakes, but once I upgraded to EBC Double H Sintered brake pads, the breaking improved so drastically that it made me feel invincible!

I want the same feeling from the Nexon too.

Has anyone tried using aftermarket brake pads for Nexon? Are there any good ones worth upgrading?
Assuming your tyres, brake pads and rotors are within spec in terms of wear.

Have the brake rotors cleaned, handbrake cable adjusted, bleed the brake system if needed. Now on an empty stretch of dry road do a few 80-20kmph brake applications without locking up the wheels or triggering the ABS - afterwards the brakes should be fine, as good as the OEM has indented it to be.

Other than perhaps the feel of brake lever, I do not think the aftermarket brake pads in your Dominar is doing anything - other than perhaps wearing out the brake rotors fast.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:10   #5034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Assuming your tyres, brake pads and rotors are within spec in terms of wear.

Have the brake rotors cleaned, handbrake cable adjusted, bleed the brake system if needed. Now on an empty stretch of dry road do a few 80-20kmph brake applications without locking up the wheels or triggering the ABS - afterwards the brakes should be fine, as good as the OEM has indented it to be.
The ODO is at 6100 right now, so I believe the brakes are as good as the OEM has intended. I just wish for more

Quote:
Other than perhaps the feel of brake lever, I do not think the aftermarket brake pads in your Dominar is doing anything - other than perhaps wearing out the brake rotors fast.
Feel of the brake lever is still the same (spongy), I am tempted to upgrade to a radial master cylinder to improve that.. I guess I am a junkie for really good brakes
I forgot to mention the tire upgrade to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II; that coupled with the EBC brakes has significantly reduced the braking distance. During recent service, Bajaj service center replaced the almost worn out EBCs with the stock pads and I am not enjoying riding the bike at all.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:23   #5035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
The ODO is at 6100 right now, so I believe the brakes are as good as the OEM has intended. I just wish for more

Feel of the brake lever is still the same (spongy), I am tempted to upgrade to a radial master cylinder to improve that.. I guess I am a junkie for really good brakes
I forgot to mention the tire upgrade to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II; that coupled with the EBC brakes has significantly reduced the braking distance. During recent service, Bajaj service center replaced the almost worn out EBCs with the stock pads and I am not enjoying riding the bike at all.
Often new cars are driven very conservatively for good reason but it does not allow the brakes to bed in properly, after a few high speed braking sessions it should feel better - all the more reasons to use the car. Same goes for Motorcycles, if the pads are new they will take some time to feel as confident as earlier, one way to fix this is by changing pads and rotors at the same time but that is an additional expense - worth it if you are after the perfect brakes.

Easiest way to improve braking as you have found out in your motorcycle is to upgrade the tyres.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:28   #5036

Quote:
Often new cars are driven very conservatively for good reason but it does not allow the brakes to bed in properly, after a few high speed braking sessions it should feel better - all the more reasons to use the car.
Makes sense. I will definitely do some high speed braking sessions to ensure proper bed in. Thanks!
Old 17th December 2022, 22:07   #5037
BHPian

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this - Mods, please move if required.

Today my Nexon met with an unfortunate accident on NH-2. I was going around 75 kmph on the middle lane (there was a truck on the right lane next to the divider few metres ahead of me), a dog came from the right side (from the bushes on the divider) which I couldn’t see because of the truck. When it came in front of my car, I applied my brakes and tried my best to avoid hitting the animal, but still my car hit it with a relatively low force.

Due to sudden braking to save the dog, my car was hit in the rear with another truck, and it severely damaged the hatch. My tail lamps were not broken, rear windshield and wiper assembly is intact along with the entire rear bumper. The dog also was completely fine, got up, brushed off and ran away.

I was under so much frustration and sadness - my car got damaged because of no fault of mine, rather I was trying my best to save the animal.

I have submitted the car today itself and claimed the insurance, and the bodyshop manager mentioned that they will open the cladding and inspect the rear hatch, and based on the damage will decide whether the hatch will be repaired or replaced.

I have 2 questions here:

1. In case they decide to replace the hatch - will they just get the frame and transplant the other parts involved - rear windsheld, wipers, HMSL, and the rear camera etc from the old hatch OR will everything be replaced?

2. Will the hatch replacement be as good as the factory finish? I mean in terms of leak proofing and all the electrical connections? Will they be able to achieve a water tight seal? How can I check these when the repairs are done?

I didn’t click any photos as I was not able to think straight at that time due to heat of the moment, but any suggestions from members based on their experience are welcome.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that Nexon has absolutely pathetic brakes, which are not at all confidence inspiring. Things would’ve been drastically different for that dog, if I would’ve been going at 120 kmph instead of 75.

Last edited by TwerkyC0ffee : 17th December 2022 at 22:31. Reason: Added last snippet
Old 17th December 2022, 23:50   #5038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
EDIT: Just wanted to add that Nexon has absolutely pathetic brakes, which are not at all confidence inspiring. Things would’ve been drastically different for that dog, if I would’ve been going at 120 kmph instead of 75.
Glad to hear that you are okay.

I doubt if any car has been made in the last 10 years with poor brakes as such, usually they are all capable of locking up the wheels unless ABS intervenes and prevents wheel lockup.

How did it behave in your case?
Old 18th December 2022, 11:46   #5039
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about your incident. I have the 2017 Nexon and the brakes are just great. Regarding the hatch, it's a direct replacement and should be okay. You can get it water sprayed to check for gaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Just wanted to add that Nexon has absolutely pathetic brakes, which are not at all confidence inspiring. Things would’ve been drastically different for that dog, if I would’ve been going at 120 kmph instead of 75.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 14:53   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
How did it behave in your case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have the 2017 Nexon and the brakes are just great.
So I recently completed a 2400 kms trip in my Nexon covering UP, MP, Rajasthan and Gujarat. I observed that my car has fine braking within city limits, but on the highway - once it has run about 100-150kms, the brakes start to lose their bite. The pedal starts feeling spongy and even when pressed with full force, there is a feeling that the brake discs are not getting grabbed - a very slippery feeling of sorts.

This is exactly what happened yesterday - I pushed the brake pedal as far as I could, but after the initial few meters, it felt like the car is slipping away and struggling to stop.

And the wheels didn’t lock up.

Tata should have equipped this car with 4 disc brakes, 2 feel insufficient to handle this heavy car.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks