Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 09:34   #4801
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Guys, I find the Horn on my Nexon XZ+ too damn hard to press when using the center PAD. Although it's decent/doable when pressed from the corners but it takes both hand to press in Center. I find it challenging as a new driver because sometimes it's impossible to honk when taking a turn/steering wheel is turning.
Any advice ? Is this normal ?
Old 21st July 2022, 09:38   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar_olive View Post
Hello Everyone. I recently booked Nexon XZA+P in Royal Blue color. I have been given a waiting period of 3 months. There are few queries that I would like to be clarified since I am a first time buyer:

1. Should I wait till October to take the delivery since the new legislation mandating 6 air bags will kick in from then?

2. What are the accessories that I can get installed at the time of delivery?
At the time of installation, get electronics fitted from company/dealership. This is what I have learned as part of my experience as well.
Since you already have booked top variant so I don't think there's much left.
For anything Chrome (the showroom will likely charge thrice).
I got rainvisor for doors of same quality for 1200 aftermarket while TATAMO was charging over 3k.
This goes for floor mats and trunk mats as well. Galio/GFX makes good quality mats from aftermarket at 1/3 the price.

Do get a Dashcam fitted as well for Front+REAR. This is very crucial.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:53   #4803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Guys, I find the Horn on my Nexon XZ+ too damn hard to press when using the center PAD.
Hi Rishi.roger, the Nexon horn is built to be pressed from the sides and not from the center. Takes some getting used to it I would say as we are normally accustomed to press it from the center . So it will take some time to get used to it and yes, its normal for Nexon. Cheers
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 00:03   #4804
BHPian

Hi all,

Just as I got my third servicing done, i noticed that a tiny murti that was placed in the dashboard of the car was missing. Went back to the service centre. Then they confessed that the idol went through the windshield air vent.
I wanted the Idol back... so, over the next 1.5 hours, they took the entire dash apart..and recovered the idol. Then they put it back.
Now sometime later, i see the my ABS, ESP and Hill Hold are deactivated on the MID. I tried to check the Hill Hole and it was indeed, not working.
So, have any of you faced similar problems ? What was the solution?

Regards
Old 24th July 2022, 04:50   #4805
BANNED

Overall, I find the Nexon to be a great car, I only wish they could get rid of the AMT and get a better automatic gearbox, maybe the DCA from the Altroz or a good Torque Converter would do the trick.
Old 24th July 2022, 18:29   #4806
Distinguished - BHPian

Our friendly neighbourhood AutoSpy caught hold of two innocuous-looking Nexon test mules doing an in-city run at Pune yesterday.

At first glance, they looked completely normal. Both were top variants with numberplates showing "A" as their second-last letter, which says they were automatics. Engine sound was prominent.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-05f64b2fdd274564ab2d0eb073dfc2b6.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-a6aeaade3d1c498b868d75e2334a2578.jpg

New variants coming soon?
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:08   #4807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Our friendly neighbourhood AutoSpy caught hold of two innocuous-looking Nexon test mules doing an in-city run at Pune yesterday.

At first glance, they looked completely normal. Both were top variants with numberplates showing "A" as their second-last letter, which says they were automatics. Engine sound was prominent.

Attachment 2337925

Attachment 2337926

I hope that these are new DCA automatics as seen on the Altroz and not the AMT.
Old 25th July 2022, 09:00   #4808
BHPian

Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem in my Nexon XZA+. The tail gate does not open when I use the button on my smart key. However there is no problem when I open the tail gate from inside the car using the button on the dashboard or the sensor on the tail gate itself. Has anyone else faced this?

I don't think this problem was there when I bought the car a month back
Old 25th July 2022, 09:25   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Overall, I find the Nexon to be a great car, I only wish they could get rid of the AMT and get a better automatic gearbox, maybe the DCA from the Altroz or a good Torque Converter would do the trick.
It might be on its way, you never know what TATA will do. I am a potential buyer but not immediately
Old 25th July 2022, 10:55   #4810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
I am facing a strange problem in my Nexon XZA+. The tail gate does not open when I use the button on my smart key. However there is no problem when I open the tail gate from inside the car using the button on the dashboard or the sensor on the tail gate itself. Has anyone else faced this?
No that is the standard behaviour. The tail-gate button on the key-fob is rather useless. It only "soft-unlocks" the tailgate from a distance. So if you are at a distance with the key and press the button - someone else can press the request sensor and unlock the boot without the key with him/her. Like someone from family having to take something from the parked car while you are a bit away. I have not personally tried this - but this is how one SA had tried to explain the use to me. Its absolutely useless pretty much. Don't worry - your car doesn't have an issue .
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:20   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hi all,

I don't think this problem was there when I bought the car a month back
My assumption was same and I have raised this to SA during the second free service. He confirmed that only with the remote key it won't unlock. It is either from the dashboard button or sensor on the tailgate. So it is normal and nothing to worry about it.
sunilkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 13:39   #4812
BHPian

Quote:

I am guessing Tata realized that if they don't upgrade the Nexon with a proper auto box, they can't top the game forever. I hope they bring the instrument cluster from the Altroz.
Old 25th July 2022, 15:33   #4813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What exactly would prominent engine sound mean? Because the Nexon petrol already is a rather noisy machine on the outside. Comparable to its diesel sibling in fact . If it was sounding louder still - perhaps these might be Nexon CNG test mules.

On a lighter note - it doesn't look entirely normal. The X Factor panel on the hatch - is white in colour, not in deep grey (like the shoulder lines) - which it should be, for a white coloured Nexon.

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th July 2022 at 15:37.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 20:55   #4814
BANNED

Hello Bhpians,
Can someone give insights on the fit and finish department?
How are the ergonomics?
How to the AMT gearbox?
Are there any updates planned? I really don't like the cluster, I hope Tata changes it with the unit Altroz has.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 21:56   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Hello Bhpians,
Can someone give insights on the fit and finish department?
How are the ergonomics?
How to the AMT gearbox?
Are there any updates planned? I really don't like the cluster, I hope Tata changes it with the unit Altroz has.
The fit and the finish is not up to the mark. It is not to be confused with build quality which is like a TANK!!!!. When I refer to the disappointment in fit and finish, this is for panel gaps, plastics, and rubber sealing present in chassis.
It is not something major, but you will surely notice over the time.

For update, I think Tata has been testing DCA and CNG variants but they're likely going to show up in 2023.
Since Tata has a Full EV car already with same chassis, I doubt there will any hybrid from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks