Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 12:34   #4141
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
I confirmed the same with my dealer and he is insisting that it is not true and the variant comes only one fob and a band. I asked him to confirm it once and get back to me. He's also insisting that he hasnt given two FOB to any of the AMT variants for the past two years or so.
I mailed the customer care and tweeted. No response from either of them. What do you guys think i should do now?
Old 16th July 2021, 12:11   #4142
BHPian

Quote:
I mailed the customer care and tweeted. No response from either of them. What do you guys think i should do now?
My friend took possession of his XZ+ yesterday and received all fobs and keys from TC Motors Howrah, WB.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-5feff77fe3b34c9693f91c4d97c56f88.jpeg
My dealer is telling me that they are only getting one Fob. This is ridiculous. Worst part is TM management not clarifying.
SchrödingersCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:06   #4143
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrödingersCar View Post
My friend took possession of his XZ+ yesterday and received all fobs and keys from TC Motors Howrah, WB.
Attachment 2179876
My dealer is telling me that they are only getting one Fob. This is ridiculous. Worst part is TM management not clarifying.
The last I checked (Dec 2020) only the automatic versions come wits the PEPS wrist band. In that case you might get one key and one band only.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 15:44   #4144
BHPian

Last week I had taken our Nexon XM (P) for the second scheduled service. I went to the same service center where I had gone for the first service. This is a small service center, Rudra Tata Motors, closer to our home. Thanks to the Covid second wave, the Nexon has clocked only around 2000 km in last 5 months. Out of which ~1200 km was through two long drives. We enjoyed every bit of it.

This time, however, I had noted down couple of issues to report. The SA took an almost 10 km long drive together with me as I told him about those issues:

(1) One of the rear seat folding locks was not engaging fully. This was resolved rather quickly after they adjusted the latch position.

(2) Occasionally, I felt it to be difficult to take the gear-lever out from the reverse to the neutral. It turned out that the spongy mat that I had put, was occasionally fouling with clutch pedal and it couldn't be pressed completely. Secondly, it seems to be easier to disengage the reverse if I press the gear-lever slightly to the right at first, then pull up the latch and push forward the lever to the neutral. After returning, I trimmed the mat with a scissors to remove the fouling portion. This issue appears to be resolved for now.

(3) Then I mentioned to the SA about the occasional mild rattling noise coming from somewhere near the C pillar. Unfortunately, during our 10 km drive through a bumpy road, the noise didn't come out even once . The SA then told me that it could be from the warning triangle which is kept beside the spare tire. Later at the service center, he pulled out the triangle and showed it to me that it does make some plastic/metal rattling noise. I have now re-packed the triangle after inserting sponge pieces in between the plastic arms.

Warning triangle: potential source of rattling noise
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonwarningtriangle.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Finally someone has the same problem. I have had this for a year and the ASC is not able to diagnose the issue. 3 different ASC have different idea. I tried fiddling with the spoiler did not help, tried opening few bolts and check did not help. As of date I am clueless
Please check the warning triangle once. Although, I am not fully sure whether the triangle is the actual culprit but I haven't heard the noise since then.

Nexon in service bay
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonbay.jpg

Best,

Last edited by gmhossain : 17th July 2021 at 15:59.
gmhossain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 16:20   #4145
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure where, or when - or if this has been posted earlier:

A nexon hits a brick wall, and there looks more damage to the wall !

https://www.carblogindia.com/tata-nexon-accident-wall/
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 16:29   #4146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not sure where, or when - or if this has been posted earlier:
A nexon hits a brick wall, and there looks more damage to the wall !
Probably belongs here as well as in the accidents thread. But a fun one for sure.

More an indictment of the wall's build quality than a testimony of the car's build quality .
Somehow I have a feeling this might be an AMT. Someone new to the concept of A(M)Ts probably let go of the brake and didn't understand what was happening before it was too late. Seems to have happened within the backyard / parking of a household.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 16:48   #4147
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
I booked my Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol from Sab Motors in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, on March 7th, 2021, with an ETA of 5-6 weeks (on paper). I informed them that I will take delivery on May 14, 2021. There was no car available. The SA stopped providing updates, so I contacted his TL, who promised delivery on June 8, 2021 (Dad and Mom's 48th anniversary). Once again, delivery was missed. TL gave another assurance of delivery on June 20th, 2021 (Mom's birthday), that too was not met.

So far, I've spoken with the dealership's GM Sales, new GM Sales & Operations, and VP Sales, and they all have one thing to say - sorry .
4 months have passed, and I'm sure July will as well .
A quick update: After more than four months of waiting, TL from Sab Motors, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi called to inform me that a vehicle had been allotted to me today, July 19, 2021, against my booking made on March 7, 2021.
He estimated that it would take 10-15 days for the vehicle to arrive at their stockyard.
When I asked for the VIN, he said he'd get back to me soon and would collect 70% of the money
I told him I'd pay after the PDI, to which he said, "He'll do the registration after I've done the PDI."
I could understand (maybe I'm wrong) the tactic of extracting money under false pretences, so I politely turned him down - "any payment will be made only after the PDI is completed to BHPian's standards".
I'll try to provide an update as soon as possible.
RBR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 17:00   #4148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Somehow I have a feeling this might be an AMT. Someone new to the concept of A(M)Ts probably let go of the brake and didn't understand what was happening before it was too late. Seems to have happened within the backyard / parking of a household.
I might be wrong but I don't think the TATA AMTs move without an A-pedal input i.e., putting the gear in D and releasing the Brake alone won't move the vehicle.

But for first time users (drivers) it could indeed be unnerving, perhaps the panicked driver gave a firm A-pedal push to see if the engine was running... just guessing.
Old 19th July 2021, 17:17   #4149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
I might be wrong but I don't think the TATA AMTs move without an A-pedal input i.e., putting the gear in D and releasing the Brake alone won't move the vehicle.
No they very much do. Creep in fact is one of the USPs of these AMTs, including in Tata cars. And its quite a tug for the unsuspecting new drivers. Often untrained folks end up pressing the A-Pedal instead of brake in panic afterwards. I have seen it happen personally also.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 11:00   #4150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
A quick update: After more than four months of waiting, TL from Sab Motors, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi called to inform me that a vehicle had been allotted to me today, July 19, 2021, against my booking made on March 7, 2021.
He estimated that it would take 10-15 days for the vehicle to arrive at their stockyard.
When I asked for the VIN, he said he'd get back to me soon and would collect 70% of the money
I told him I'd pay after the PDI, to which he said, "He'll do the registration after I've done the PDI."
I could understand (maybe I'm wrong) the tactic of extracting money under false pretences, so I politely turned him down - "any payment will be made only after the PDI is completed to BHPian's standards".
I'll try to provide an update as soon as possible.
Hi,

I booked my Nexon yesterday. The people at the dealership estimated a delivery date of about a month later (Vadodara).

I have paid the booking amount already. About the remaining amount, when do I have to pay the money? Can I pay the rest after the PDI? Or I must pay some amount sometime before too?

Being a first time car buyer, I am a bit confused about it. Some help please.
Old 20th July 2021, 11:25   #4151

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi,

I booked my Nexon yesterday. The people at the dealership estimated a delivery date of about a month later (Vadodara).

I have paid the booking amount already. About the remaining amount, when do I have to pay the money? Can I pay the rest after the PDI? Or I must pay some amount sometime before too?

Being a first time car buyer, I am a bit confused about it. Some help please.
Congrats on booking the car. Yes, you can complete the payment after the inspection. In fact, you should insist on making the rest of the payment after the PDI. This is important 'cause there's very little room for recourse once the car has been registered in your name, which is usually done once you complete the payment, and you find the car not up to the mark. They'll only offer to fix it under warranty. Not many new car owners will like having their cars toyed around with when it's new.

Wishing you a short waiting period, and long and satisfactory ownership.
uyscuti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:01   #4152
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Congratulations.

Waiting time might increase or decrease so take the time out to go through accessories that you might want to get. Tata has a very comprehensive list of genuine accessories but only order items which are in stock as waiting time for them is quite a lot in some cases. Compare insurance quotes and try negotiating on the same with the dealer. Also, have a look at the owner's manual etc. if available online and go through its features and functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Congrats on booking the car. Yes, you can complete the payment after the inspection. In fact, you should insist on making the rest of the payment after the PDI. This is important 'cause there's very little room for recourse once the car has been registered in your name, which is usually done once you complete the payment, and you find the car not up to the mark. They'll only offer to fix it under warranty. Not many new car owners will like having their cars toyed around with when it's new.
In addition to this I would suggest that one is very clear with the sales staff regarding the schedule of payment. If you're going to pay after PDI, you should let the sales guy know. He shouldn't be waiting for a payment as soon as the car is on the truck for the destination.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:57   #4153
BHPian

Quote:
Someone from TATA called me and said sorry. They promised they will call back with details within one day. No response yet.

Meanwhile i got my car and I love it
Old 21st July 2021, 11:35   #4154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My Nexon has a proper COOLED rear AC and it has already proven its merit. Chills bones in the rear in 20 seconds flat in hot sun.
Reinhard, I am wondering whether you have any suggestions on this peculiar issue? We are finding Nexon's AC to be quite chilling even at the blower speed 1. Yesterday, we had a 300 km drive and my wife and daughter were complaining about the cabin being too cold, being seated at rear seats. BTW, our XM variant doesn't have rear vent.

I understand that I could mix the hot air but that's not resource/fuel efficient. Basically, I was regularly switching on/off the AC button. Is there any reasonable mod or method to deal with this?

Thanks,
Old 21st July 2021, 12:06   #4155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I understand that I could mix the hot air but that's not resource/fuel efficient. Basically, I was regularly switching on/off the AC button. Is there any reasonable mod or method to deal with this?
Thanks,
It is not an air cooler, it is an air conditioner. You must allow it to do its job, set the temp knob \ air mixer knob at the desired position and leave it there, move it towards hot \ cold based on feedback from your passengers.

If this was an automatic climate control, that too will mix hot & cold air to give you a comfortable 'conditioned air' inside.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks