Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 11:19   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Re: What is the correct Tyre pressure for Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingelse45 View Post
Hi Guys,
I have a Nexon Kraz+ with 215/60 tyres. The manual says its pressure should be 30 on all tyres. However when I checked the tyre pressure, it was showing 32 in all tyres. Now 32 psi is the pressure recommended for the 195/60's not the 215's which I have. But I received the car from the factory with 32psi in the tyres. So am confused as to what is the optimal pressure for the 215's
Please do not trust the pressure they put on delivery or post service. They usually put much more than recommended (why? I don't know) and have seen that with all manufacturers. My suggestion is to buy some genuine and accurate pressure gauge and check for recommended pressure. Further, all petrol bunks have serious trouble in their air pumps and can easily screw up the pressure. I had very bad experience with my Ertiga and had to visit 3 bunks to get the pressure corrected. At first bunk they reduced pressure from 33 to 27 but their gauge was showing that as 40 initially (I usually keep 34 and was concerned when they showed it 40). It was easily noticeable while driving the car and ended up visiting two more bunks. I have bought one pressure gauge from Bangood and yet to use it.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th November 2019 at 11:20.
Old 27th November 2019, 13:16   #2792
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What is the correct Tyre pressure for Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingelse45 View Post
Hi Guys,
I have a Nexon Kraz+ with 215/60 tyres. The manual says its pressure should be 30 on all tyres. However when I checked the tyre pressure, it was showing 32 in all tyres. Now 32 psi is the pressure recommended for the 195/60's not the 215's which I have. But I received the car from the factory with 32psi in the tyres. So am confused as to what is the optimal pressure for the 215's
If you are running 215/60R16 - please fill 30 PSI all round.
And welcome to the forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Please do not trust the pressure they put on delivery or post service. They usually put much more than recommended (why? I don't know)
Its actually quite simple. The cars generally spend days (weeks, months etc too) in storage at yard or factory. The higher pressure ensures valve sits tightly pushed from inside by the air itself & tyre doesn't leak any air. The tyres stay inflated for longer & also don't develop cracks at the bottom edge sidewalls. (Because with higher pressure air filled inside, the walls don't bend/flex under car weight.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th November 2019 at 13:23.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 15:41   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Take a right on the 117th pillar if you're coming from JP Nagar Metro) The good folks there were kind enough to restore my car back to its pristine condition. It's really modern and I came away impressed. Highly recommend this place.
What are the works that this garage does, and is this a Tata service center? Are the charges reasonable? Would you have any contact details that you can share?

Please do share details, will help others living in this area if this is indeed a good place to have ones's ride pampered.
Old 27th November 2019, 16:11   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
What are the works that this garage does, and is this a Tata service center?
A fellow member and Storme owner Varun56061 had been there to check. Apparently Key Tata only works on the new models - not even Safari / Storme. So if you have a Zest or older then this may not help you. Not sure about Tiago / Tigor
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:27   #2795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A fellow member and Storme owner Varun56061 had been there to check. Apparently Key Tata only works on the new models - not even Safari / Storme. So if you have a Zest or older then this may not help you. Not sure about Tiago / Tigor
EEiiuuch!! Why on earth...

So they have all gizmo inventing "Gyro Gearloose" staff & no humble "Wildcat the mechanic"...
Old 27th November 2019, 17:56   #2796
BHPian

Guys a quick clarification on Nexon FE. I own an XZ+ PETROL and would like to know about the variation between MID numbers and real time numbers when it comes to Fuel Economy. The method i used to check the variation goes like this.

I went to the petrol pump to fill in some petrol but made sure to take the reading for Distance to Empty before refueling. MID said DTE was 95kms. I fueled up my car by 25.35 ltrs exactly and the MID showed DTE at 400kms with average showing at about 12.1kms at the time of refueling. I subtracted the old DTE from new DTE i.e (400-95) giving me an average DTE of about 305kms. Having said that the average came to 12.03kms by dividing the new DTE by the total fuel pumped in i.e 305/25.35 = 12.03. The MID was showing an average of 12.1kms at the time of refueling so not much of a variation between real time average numbers and MID numbers. Have i done it correctly or i am missing something here. Would surely like some feedback from my fellow Nexon owners. Plus i would like to know the variation which the MID shows is generic or specific to some cars only.

Another point i want to know is the tyre pressure mentioned on the car to be considered as the gospel of truth even when i run the car with high load or its just an average. I mean i mostly drive my car with just 2 people on board including me so the tyre pressure should be 30psi that time too or we need to keep it at 30psi only with full load.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 27th November 2019 at 17:59.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 08:38   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I went to the petrol pump to fill in some petrol but made sure to take the reading for Distance to Empty before refueling. MID said DTE was 95kms. I fueled up my car by 25.35 ltrs exactly and the MID showed DTE at 400kms with average showing at about 12.1kms at the time of refueling. I subtracted the old DTE from new DTE i.e (400-95) giving me an average DTE of about 305kms. Having said that the average came to 12.03kms by dividing the new DTE by the total fuel pumped in i.e 305/25.35 = 12.03. ...
First up ignore the DTE readings. They vary with traffic and usage. Moreover Nexon's MID reading(kmpl) has considerable error, so this is the best way to find out your mileage:

Tank up to auto-cutoff & reset the trip meter to 0. Drive around for 400kms & go back to gas station. Refill till auto-cutoff and see how much fuel it takes. 400 divided by litres of fuel taken to reach auto-cutoff is your actual mileage. As simple as that. We normally call it Tankfull-to-Tankfull method

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th November 2019 at 08:40.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 09:41   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys a quick clarification on Nexon FE. I own an XZ+ PETROL and would like to know about the variation between MID numbers and real time numbers when it comes to Fuel Economy. The method i used to check the variation goes like this.
Hey Syed, since the same calculation logic in the ECM/BCM calculates mileage & DTE - its obvious that your numbers match when you use DTE for finding FE. Its a bit redundant.

The only real way to calculate FE is tank to tank method. The one @SoumenD mentioned above. I have checked over last 3 months of ownership & I see an MID mileage error between 1.5 to 3 KMPL. So it keeps varying on driving conditions by the looks of it.
Quote:
Another point i want to know is the tyre pressure mentioned on the car to be considered as the gospel of truth even when i run the car with high load or its just an average. I mean i mostly drive my car with just 2 people on board including me so the tyre pressure should be 30psi that time too or we need to keep it at 30psi only with full load.
Please maintain 30 PSI always. I drive alone most of the times & yet maintain 30. Lower pressure means air also leaks faster (because there is lower pressure pushing the valve out) & you'll need to fill up more frequently. The steering also gets clumsy with lower pressure.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th November 2019 at 10:03.
Old 28th November 2019, 09:50   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Tank up to auto-cutoff & reset the trip meter to 0. Drive around for 400kms & go back to gas station. Refill till auto-cutoff and see how much fuel it takes. 400 divided by litres of fuel taken to reach auto-cutoff is your actual mileage. As simple as that. We normally call it Tankfull-to-Tankfull method

Brother thanks a lot for the information and i already know the Tank Full method and have done it in the past to find the actual average. It was just that i thought is there any other way to find the average of the car and i felt the method i used this time around might be another option. Not sure its the best but was looking for an alternate method. By the way in Tankful method i used a sightly modified approach. Instead of driving 400kms i drove for about 100kms only and then went again to the same petrol station and filled up again. Calculated the average of the fuel filled the 2nd time around by the simple formula which we all know about. Since my driving pattern and route is almost the same always so wouldn't had made much of a difference i feel even if i calculate it after driving for 400 km.

Side Note: I am very much sure the DTE and average works for Auto Cut Off level only and not beyond that. Many times i have seen people filling in way beyond the Auto Cut Off limit to increase the number of liters filled in but i don't think the DTE takes into account those extra liters one fills in after the Auto Cut Off limit has been reached as i feel the sensors used to calculate the DTE surely work on the basis of Auto Cut Off limit value only. Sensors are hard coded with a specific value which is nothing but the total fuel tank capacity and in Nexon's case 44 is the number sensor is input with. So every time the Auto Cut Off is reached sensor considers only 44 liters and not beyond that. This is my assessment and analysis so not sure its correct but looking at the way how sensors work in electronics i think my assessment might be correct.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 11:23   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Syed,

Don't know about petrol but for diesel I have observed for the last 15 fill-up, (DTE+Trip)/40.5 gives fairly accurate FE.

You can check for petrol as well.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 11:35   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Hi Syed,

Don't know about petrol but for diesel I have observed for the last 15 fill-up, (DTE+Trip)/40.5 gives fairly accurate FE.

You can check for petrol as well.

What is 40.5 here which you taking about. By your calculation you mean to say i should set the trip meter to 0.00 at refueling and then check the distance traveled and add the initial DTE to the total trip and divide it by number of liters refueled. DTE should be the one which the MID showed before refueling or the current DTE.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:46   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
It's varies 1-2kmpl for me. The more mileage the MID shows, more is the variation. It's quite less when it's <10kmpl.
Old 29th November 2019, 07:17   #2803

Are there any quality issues with the Nexon after extensive offroading for a long period?

Like clanking or loose object noise or driving load etc?

My Indica GLS (Xeta Petrol) was a wonderful vehicle for first 80000 kms and then it all started... and today she is 1,60,000 kms old and i have replaced almost everything i.e. the suspension (replaced twice), tyres (replaced 4 times), ac blower (burnt, replaced once) and most important the overheating issues.

I am wondering if I should go in for the Nexon as the issues with a Tata vehicle is the problems usually start when it comes nearing 100,000 kms and before that the vehicles have no issues.

As driving on bad surfaces (no roads exists) where i have to visit atleast 2 times a week, i was wondering if Nexon would start giving similar quality issues in it's later period???
Old 29th November 2019, 09:32   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintofinternet View Post
...and today she is 1,60,000 kms old and i have replaced almost everything i.e. the suspension (replaced twice), tyres (replaced 4 times), ac blower (burnt, replaced once) and most important the overheating issues.
I wont comment on the over-heating issue, but even that can have different causes. The a/c blower failed after use. Rest of all the replacements you have done are wear & tear. Every vehicle can see these issues.

Regards to the Nexon, you are comparing two vehicles that are generations apart.
Old 29th November 2019, 09:48   #2805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are there any quality issues with the Nexon after extensive offroading for a long period?
Issues after taking a city car off road do not fall under "quality". They fall under "user induced damage" in my opinion.

So I didn't quite understand the context of this question.
Quote:
My Indica GLS (Xeta Petrol) was a wonderful vehicle for first 80000 kms and then it all started... and today she is 1,60,000 kms old and i have replaced almost everything i.e. the suspension (replaced twice), tyres (replaced 4 times), ac blower (burnt, replaced once) and most important the overheating issues.
If I were you - I would keep that Indica for my life if these are your problems at 1.6L kms. Look around and you'll find that people make more part replacements in 30k kms on cars that cost more than 50 Lakh rupees to buy. Your mentioned items are regular wear and tear. Not niggles or quality issues.
Quote:
I am wondering if I should go in for the Nexon as the issues with a Tata vehicle is the problems usually start when it comes nearing 100,000 kms and before that the vehicles have no issues.
If you are nervous about owning a Nexon because of the Tata brand - I suggest you don't buy it. If I were you, I would have purchased a different vehicle if I felt I was not happy with my previous car. It keeps things simpler. You won't be able to enjoy your new car with peace if you always worry about potential quality & niggle issues around the corner. Better buy a car about which you have no apprehensions from start.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks