Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2018, 23:51   #661
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Thanks a lot jithudigitise for the valuable feedback. You have cleared my doubts to a great extent now. However i did not understand by using a 3rd party app for watching videos. Does the 3rd party app help in watching videos on the move? How does a 3rd party app work in such a scenario can you please shed more light over it. If an app can help us watch You Tube videos i guess it will surely help in watching live tv too since the technology is the same and what compromises have to be made in Android Auto security in such a case, can you please describe so that it helps me and others to clear our doubts.
You can check the following link for more details.

play-youtube-video-android-auto-app/

Please do remember that its a third party app and google is blocking this app for obvious security reasons (This is stated by the developer himself in his blog)
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 22:24   #662
BHPian

Gentlemen, I need your help.

I'm facing a horrible nightmare experience with Tata Nexon. I received the car, nexon petrol Xm, last last Saturday(20th January)from Prerana Motors Bangalore and went to airport for a drive the same evening. Half way the multi information display shows check engine error in amber light and a F popped up where gear number is displayed. Next day went to Tata service center to get the checkup done. The engineer said it was issue with battery connection and said error won't come up again. On 25th today, I decided to go on a road trip considering the Republic day holiday. Left bangalore at 8.00 PM today and after exiting bangalore, the same check engine error comes up again. I halted the car and contacted Tata service engineer who in turn had no clue why this error is coming up. My weekend is ruined and all my travel plans cancelled. Drove the car back home in snail pace.

Please help me with your inputs on how to get this rectified . I feel this has been a dead investment and my money gone down the drain. My bad decision which I'm regretting.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4301.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 26th January 2018 at 09:55.
sahas83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 22:50   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Half way the multi information display shows check engine error in amber light and a F popped up where gear number is displayed.
The only people who can be of help are Tata service centre guys. I don't think there might be any major issue with engine itself, rather some small component which is acting up. Having a holiday plan go haywire after starting off would be terrible and your feeling of your money going down the drain might be more because of that. Since yours is a new vehicle the service centre would be more than willing to sort the issue, especially for their own reputation sake. Hoping and wishing that nothing major happens.

Last edited by ampere : 26th January 2018 at 09:54. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th January 2018, 22:52   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... went to Tata service center to get the checkup done. The engineer said it was issue with battery connection and said error won't come up again.
Did they check for any error codes ?

Since tomorrow is a holiday, and they will be closed, you could just try this (it's a long shot): disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Press brake a few times.

( note: this will mostly not likely work, but lets still give it a shot. Nothing to lose )

Last edited by condor : 25th January 2018 at 22:55.
Old 25th January 2018, 22:53   #665
BHPian

Thanks Vamsi for the kind words. I am extremely depressed because of this. I have also posted a video on YouTube. My whole family is harassing me for placing faith in Tata :( and not going for a Ford Ecosport.

I have posted a video on YouTube as well. Link -

Thanks Vamsi and Condor.

With respect to the vehicle, yes Tata service center is closed tomorrow. All my plans are cancelled and my money gone down the drain. :( The DTC code said some issue with starter coil but it was not changed by Tata and they said it was issue with battery coil which was loose and it led to this error. I have sent an email to the entire Tata team and hopefully I get a permanent fix to this.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2018 at 20:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the Report Post button to get a Moderator's attention next time. Thanks!
Old 26th January 2018, 00:27   #666
BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing a horrible nightmare experience with Tata Nexon. I received the car, nexon petrol Xm, last last Saturday(20th January)from Prerana Motors Bangalore and went to airport for a drive the same evening.

I can totally understand how you must be feeling and you might be having many weird thoughts about the car now but i feel it might not be such a big issue (fingers crossed). First you should try to disconnect the sensors inside the bonnet. If possible remove the battery connectors too but I doubt that will be causing it but you can still try.

Find all the sensors and their couplings and disconnect them. Those sensors are mostly connected to your speedometer showing metre readings and other car details like oil change, coolant temperature etc.
There is a chance water might have seeped into the sensors thus illuminating the check light.

Another reason could be a virus getting into the sensors which is causing a malfunction. This can be checked by the service centre using computer simulator which will give the error code and remove the error. If everything fails i feel there is a high chance that your oxygen sensor is damaged or has malfunctioned giving check light error but i hope its only the loosened sensor due to water seeping in. All the best anyway and I hope it works for you.

Last edited by ampere : 26th January 2018 at 09:53. Reason: Formatted for readability
Old 26th January 2018, 08:35   #667
BHPian

Quote:
I have sent an email to the entire Tata team and hopefully I get a permanent fix to this.
Sorry to hear about your experience and the tough times you must be facing now. I can just imagine how tough it'd be if I try to put myself in your shoes. Frustration would be an understatement.
I booked my Nexon couple of days back and still would go for it considering how Tata is evolving and focussing more on customer experience. I'm sure they will take note and do their best to rectify this issue.

Do keep us posted on any response from Tata on this and steps taken to identify/rectify the issue.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
Old 26th January 2018, 11:36   #668
BHPian

Quote:

Please help me with your inputs on how to get this rectified . I feel this has been a dead investment and my money gone down the drain. My bad decision which I'm regretting.
Similar things happened with a few Hexas too. It turned out to be loose connections between the sensors or the fuse. Am very sure this would be the same in your case too, considering it bring a brand new vehicle.
Old 26th January 2018, 12:34   #669
BHPian

Thanks. I have fixed a checkup with their team in Kudlu Gate, Bangalore tomorrow and will update the status. Hope this is nothing major.
Old 26th January 2018, 12:37   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vamsi and Condor.

Mods - i posted a link to my video on Youtube but it did not get approved. Please take my apologies If that violated the rules and this is not negative marketing but my genuine torment.

With respect to the vehicle, yes TATA service center is closed tomorrow. All my plans are cancelled and my money gone down the drain. :( The DTC code said some issue with starter coil but it was not changed by Tata and they said it was issue with battery coil which was loose and it led to this error. I have sent an email to the entire Tata team and hopefully I get a permanent fix to this.
It is unlikely that this is a serious issue. If I were you, I would not stop a road trip because the car was checked at a TASS earlier. And it will be resolved by Tata. . It is unfortunate that it happened, but it is not something that is serious enough to consider the car a bad investment. If anyone in your family makes you feel bad about the Nexon, please recall that Ford Ecosport had seriously flawed ABS in the first gen and it led to a few near miss situations as well. Relax and enjoy what's remaining of long weekend on the road. Keep a list of TASS on your way handy just in case.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 26th January 2018 at 12:58.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 13:49   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1720826
Hello Sahas83,

I will be to the point and brutally honest with you, being a fellow TATA storme owner
* MID are good to have and seeing a warning light/symbol really alerts us to avoid further damages. So your vehicle electricals have served you here.
* For the amount we have put in and vehicle segment we are dealing, there was response from helpline. Remember helpline are not TATA engineers, they are just like call center people following flow charts to connect customer concerns to right department. TATA/Mahindra/Maruti/Hyundai/Nissan/Renault do not offer a 24*7 stand by technical assistance vehicle like Mercedes/BMW/Audi's. For reference,
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...le22453797.ece

* You should have(have you already?) utilized your insurance/TATA helpline to tow vehicle to showroom.

Coming to road trip being cancelled, I want to share an experience

* My friend, Mr. A and his family were on trip to GOA last December in an creta. 2 Men, 2 women, 2 kids below 3 years. Met with an accident around 2:30AM some 150-200kms from GOA. No scratch to anyone.
In middle of nowhere, Mr. A managed to get help from on-goer and dropped family in an hotel at a near by town. He alone then managed to get a towing vehicle and sent creta back to his hometown.
Mr. A returned to the town where his family is put up, continued their trip and returned home. BTW, I need to mention - Mr. A borrowed Creta from his relatives for the trip.

Stay behind the service center, go through each detail they carry out and ensure it is fixed to your satisfaction.
My point is, bad experiences happen. Do not let those and other's bashing kill your love for the car you have just bought.

Our advantage of being raised in India is, we face criticism at our home first, all the way until you find some support from a friend on T-Bhp.com.

Car is a machine and it needs humans to build one, fix one, and drive one . Wishing you a speed recovery from all these and you get back to finishing the trip with lot of confidence and joy!

Keep us posted how it goes.
Kams_cars is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 04:05   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Car is a machine and it needs humans to build one, fix one, and drive one
+1 to that. It might be something as simple as an oxygen sensor that is causing this problem. New cars always will have niggles - I spent a lot of time at MASS when I purchased my TUV. Infact I had to drive straight from showroom to ASS because battery indicator was on in the MID - simple sensor issue.

It can be very frustrating in the beginning and makes you question your decision. All I can say is invest time - with your car & with ASS folks to ensure that even if they are clueless, you have a few hypothesis around what might be causing a particular problem. It will pay out in the long run and you will end up enjoying the car over time. Family can be very hard to deal with in such situations but in the long run, I personally think that you haven't made a bad choice. Right now it might look that way but maybe we can come back and discuss the same after 50k Kms
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 08:22   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I have fixed a checkup with their team in Kudlu Gate, Bangalore tomorrow and will update the status. .
Sahas, hang in there. I can understand your disappointment and feelings at missing your planned holiday. Wind back to 2013, and I was in the same situation as you are now. Planned a drive to Jog, and car is still at the service Centre. The very place where your Nexon is . Yes, my Storme was having alignment issues. I had given the Storme 2 days before the trip, but they could not resolve it in time and my first day's booking was gone.

I am a regular at Kudlu gate unit, the guys are good. Like @procrj said, new cars can have issues. I expect issues more when new than after things settle down.

Your Nexon will be fine !
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 14:23   #674

I have been following this thread for a long time due to my renewed interest in Tata cars. I still notice the same issues as I had with my Indica 5 years back. Turn indicators cutting off too quickly, sensors giving false warnings, panels not aligned well etc. Though they are not major issues, but if quickly become too annoying, as you have to live with them everyday. Also, the accident that let to car toppling over, was caused by tire puncture due to stones getting between the rim and tyre. I have not come across this cause in any other case. Is it due to a loose fit of the tyre or could it be due to low tyre pressure? any thoughts?
indicaturbo2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 20:12   #675
BHPian

Hi All,

Firstly - thank you for your support. I went to the service center ( Prerana Motors ) Kudlu Gate, Bangalore today.

- Reached @ 9.30
- They checked the DTC by connecting to the laptop
- DTC showed EMS error. They were unable to drill down to the exact issue
- DTC 2nd Error - Invalid Input from Power Steering
- DTC 3rd Error - Body Management Control Error - No clue how this came

Resolution from Tata as follows -

- Changed Cluth Switch/Sensor, Did test drive for 50 kilometers in NICE Road. Again same problem. After crossing 10 kilometers in NICE road, F showed up and the Check Engine light came up.
- Came back to TASS with total disappoinment
- Service engineer then tried checking CAN - He said it is common area network something and there is some issue with this circuit is what he said.
- Main TML advised Prerana Motors not to play around with the car electricals and they informed they will send someone from Bosch to check the CAN on Monday.

Couple of other things noted- below.

- No power on 6th gear at 60 kmph. Even when I floor the pedal. Need to cut down to 4/5th and pull it up from there. Any clue why this is happening?
- Tata was surprisingly responsive - I need to give them a pat for optimistically trying to fix the car. I was surrounded by 3-4 engineers from their team and they tried everything they can.
- TASS manager promised he will rectify this and will treat it like his own car. Hopes given, but I am slowly giving up.

Reached home at 4 PM with total disappointment and agony. Basically, nobody has any clue on the exact reason this is happening, including the main TML executives who were giving instructions from the Pune Plant. Now the car is lying in the service center and I have no clue nor hope what I am to look forward to.

( p.s - I spent an additional 44 k on alloys - momo revenge concave on this car. The guy who shop owner sarcastically said nobody has ever spent so much on a TATA, and I told him not to judge )
sahas83 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks