Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:30   #1021
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Looking forward to a new verna,more inclined towards sx disel auto. Please let me know about the real world mileage figures for both AT and MT in disel, how is the ride quality and NVH levels. Does it make sense to go with sxo varient after stretching the budget?
TIA
I get around 10KMPL in city and 15KMPL on highway drives from my Diesel AT.

Ride quality is OK but I feel diesel clatter heard inside the cabin is high compared to say a Diesel Duster.

One feature that I really miss in my SX+ variant is ventilated seat. If you don't really care about it I guess SX+ is pretty well spec'd.
somspaple is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:06   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Looking forward to a new verna,more inclined towards sx disel auto. Please let me know about the real world mileage figures for both AT and MT in disel, how is the ride quality and NVH levels. Does it make sense to go with sxo varient after stretching the budget?
TIA
I have a diesel MT Verna sx option, 2019. It gives an fuel consumption average of 25 kmpl on highway (when you keep it at 90 or 95 kmph). Using cruise control might get me a greater average.
In a Lucknow - Delhi drive where the speed was higher, it gave me 22.5 kmpl. In the city, I am getting 18+ kmpl most of the time. But there is less bumper to bumper traffic in my city.

The diesel AT may give you a tad less average, I suppose.

It is a very quiet car and has a decent ride quality. It is certainly not boat-like. But it is also not like the old Ford Fiesta in ride.

The current gen Verna does not get unsettled in highway journeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I have a fluidic Verna SX. Last batch before the 4S came. My car has done 2.82L kms as off today.

22k kms - stock bridgestones replaced (worst tyres ever made). Switched over to Earth1.
73k kms - again swapped to Earth1
131k kms - again swapped to Earth1
192k kms - again swapped to Earth1
249k kms - swapped to Goodyear Assurance.

All stock size - 195/55R16.
Is Earth 1 quiet enough? These tyres have given you 60K kms approx. Did you swap them on your own assessment, or did they give you trouble before changing them?

Your Verna inspires us here
Vipin Kumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 20:24   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is Earth 1 quiet enough? These tyres have given you 60K kms approx. Did you swap them on your own assessment, or did they give you trouble before changing them?

Your Verna inspires us here
Yes. They are quiet. Have had no issues with noise with regards to this tyre. I swap them on my own assessment. They still have tread life left for another 8-10k kms but since I’m always on the highway, I didn’t want to risk it by driving on worn out tyres. Absolutely no trouble, so far infact the Goodyear’s are doing really well too.
drhoneycake is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:33   #1024
BHPian

Michelins (P3ST) are serving my well & have done 60k already. Looks good for another 10k or so. Size is 205/55/R16. Very quiet tyre in initial stage till 30/35 k & thereafter noise has increased.
Original Bridgetone B250 lasted for 45k, then Yoko- Dd V 550- lasted for only 30k & then now I am on Michelin. Till now, for me, I find Michelin is the best.

May be next time I may try Yoko-Earth 1. I think it will be a bit nosier than Michelin. Current Amazon price 6845/-. Appears to be real VFM.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 12:11   #1025
BHPian

Here's a picture of my 2019 Verna 1.6 CRDI. It's only done 7500 km till date and haven't faced any issues. Drove the car to Manali last year in October and the car returned a rather healthy 17+ mileage.
The only modification done to the car is the front chrome delete with a gloss vinyl wrap.

Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20210525_115955.jpg
Jagatvir is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 22:53   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quick question: my son's Verna 1.6 crdi of Nov 2018 make is sounding an alarm--the chimes type- stating that the battery is weak. I don't remember the exact message, but i could infer it is the remote key's battery.

How much does it cost to replace? Can we use a normal watch battery, or is it something specially built by Hyundai?

TIA.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 22:59   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The diesel AT may give you a tad less average, I suppose.
My 1.6D AT has never given anything above 19.6kmpl. I drive in Kerala and the car has a remap. Both of these factors are affecting the fuel economy, but I guess that a 1.6D AT's FE maxes out at around 21kmpl.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:40   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quick question: my son's Verna 1.6 crdi of Nov 2018 make is sounding an alarm--the chimes type- stating that the battery is weak. I don't remember the exact message, but i could infer it is the remote key's battery.
It's the standard CR2032 battery. We can replace it ourself but we need the right set of tools

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have given the URL from amazon that I have got to do the replacement myself. It's a bit difficult to do it ourselves for the first time but once the key is opened once thereby it's easy thereafter.

For me, those batteries came for 3 years before I have replaced them.

hope this helps.
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 21:43   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
It's the standard CR2032 battery. We can replace it ourself but we need the right set of tools

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have given the URL from amazon that I have got to do the replacement myself. It's a bit difficult to do it ourselves for the first time but once the key is opened once thereby it's easy thereafter.

For me, those batteries came for 3 years before I have replaced them.

hope this helps.
Thanks, i suppose it holds a single CR2032 battery?
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 22:07   #1030
BANNED

Quote:
I don't remember the exact message, but i could infer it is the remote key's battery.
I got the battery low warning on the MID for the Key FOB. Check this post.

Quote:
How much does it cost to replace? Can we use a normal watch battery, or is it something specially built by Hyundai?.
It is a CR-2032 type battery. Any watch-repair shop will have stock of these. Can be changed in 1 minute (DIY). No need to visit Hyundai for it.

Quote:
Thanks, i suppose it holds a single CR2032 battery?
Yes, single battery.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd June 2021 at 22:08.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 13:30   #1031

Quote:

How much does it cost to replace? Can we use a normal watch battery, or is it something specially built by Hyundai?

TIA.
Please have your Car's battery checked at the service center.

I drive Verna diesel MT. I recently had an issue with the Key's battery. It did not give me an error, just that the key did not work as expected. I replaced the key's battery by myself. But after a week another story started, I took my car for a spin and in the return journey, my car failed to start and the MID kept on flickering everytime I attepmted to start it. The crank voltage was insufficient and hence, the motor kept on spinning and I could not get it to stop. After a long struggle I managed to start the car by towing with the help of few people.
In the end, I had to replace car's battery (Amaron) and it costed 7500/-

Sharing this as this might help someone.

Thanks
Ravi
Ravi_CK234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 15:57   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
I get around 10KMPL in city and 15KMPL on highway drives from my Diesel AT.

Ride quality is OK but I feel diesel clatter heard inside the cabin is high compared to say a Diesel Duster.

One feature that I really miss in my SX+ variant is ventilated seat. If you don't really care about it I guess SX+ is pretty well spec'd.
Hi! I get around 8-9 kmpl in city in my verna diesel AT and around 16kmpl on the highways. The engine noise is annoying and the vibrations are not tolerable.
speedfreak77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:47   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post
Hi! I get around 8-9 kmpl in city in my verna diesel AT and around 16kmpl on the highways. The engine noise is annoying and the vibrations are not tolerable.
The city FE is quite low. But hey, I read your comment again and realized it is an AT, so that might be normal.

My son's Verna diesel manual gives around 15 to 16 in Hyderabad city and around 19 on the highways.

Though the engine is very refined (hardly heard even outside), at traffic stops, I find vibrations on the steering wheel and clutch pedal a bit annoying. Comparatively my 1.4 Figo tdci does not have those vibrations at idle, but it's engine is however audible inside the cabin.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 22:03   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
The city FE is quite low. But hey, I read your comment again and realized it is an AT, so that might be normal.

My son's Verna diesel manual gives around 15 to 16 in Hyderabad city and around 19 on the highways.

Though the engine is very refined (hardly heard even outside), at traffic stops, I find vibrations on the steering wheel and clutch pedal a bit annoying. Comparatively my 1.4 Figo tdci does not have those vibrations at idle, but it's engine is however audible inside the cabin.
Yes the city FE is low. I never cared about the FE anyway because the car is good to drive but the diesel clatter and the noise is disappointing. I have to turn my music volume up so that I don’t hear the clatter. Yes Hyundai diesel AT’s FE is generally on the lower side.
16 in the city? That’s an impressive figure. Yes exactly. The steering vibrations are very annoying. Whenever I stop at a traffic light and if there’s a bottle in the bottle holder compartment, even the bottle starts vibrating and it’s so annoying. Considering I had a 2015 Verna and 2012 Verna too they both didn’t have so much clatter and poor NVH.
The Figo’s engine noise is bearable but the clatter and vibrations in the Verna can make you go mad at them. It’s interesting how a 17 lakh rupee car has poorer NVH levels and so much diesel clatter than a 10 lakh rupee hatchback. American build and engineering to be praised here.
speedfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 15:22   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Yep mileage is low - but considering it's a Hyundai and a slushbox it is to be expected. How far is your typical city commute? Longer commute generally results in better mileage. Nowadays I get around 8 or 9 kmpl since my city drives have been shorter with lots of cold starts and idling. On my usual office commute of 15kms one way, I used to get around 10kmpl [this included crossing Silk Board junction at around 1PM].

Quote:
Yes the city FE is low. I never cared about the FE anyway because the car is good to drive but the diesel clatter and the noise is disappointing. I have to turn my music volume up so that I don’t hear the clatter. Yes Hyundai diesel AT’s FE is generally on the lower side.
16 in the city? That’s an impressive figure. Yes exactly. The steering vibrations are very annoying. Whenever I stop at a traffic light and if there’s a bottle in the bottle holder compartment, even the bottle starts vibrating and it’s so annoying. Considering I had a 2015 Verna and 2012 Verna too they both didn’t have so much clatter and poor NVH.
The Figo’s engine noise is bearable but the clatter and vibrations in the Verna can make you go mad at them. It’s interesting how a 17 lakh rupee car has poorer NVH levels and so much diesel clatter than a 10 lakh rupee hatchback. American build and engineering to be praised here.
Yes, diesel clatter is noticeably higher within cabin though outside it's pretty quiet for a diesel. I also test drove another similarly aged Verna Diesel AT at service center - even it sounded the same inside. Decibel measurements on my mobile didn't show much of difference. Probably it's a trait of diesel engine and torque converter combo -one of the members who has XUV 500 diesel automatic said the same thing. Yes, water bottles rattle away to glory - I've applied damping foam sheet to mitigate this. I've also added the same foam sheets to my engine cover as parts of original foam were chewed away by rats. But it has had no noticeable impact on clatter [again as measured on mobile].
somspaple is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks