Old 9th July 2023, 11:40   #1516
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post
Hello Carpainter ,
Can you please update on what was wrong with the car
Thanks in advance
The ASS said it was probably because of faulty fuel pump which would cost 30k plus tax. But even then they were not sure if it would solve the problem. So my S-I-L decided to sell it before it gets any worse as she didn't want to spend money in the air. The car is sold to a second hand car dealer. The build quality and everything was so good but the car was plagued with niggles from the beginning, hence, she decided it's time to let it go.
Old 4th August 2023, 20:06   #1517
Senior - BHPian

So, just to put another perspective. I am facing the same issue with my 2018 Ecosport - Titanium 1.5L petrol. Prior to Covid - Dhone Ford tried resolving the problem by "re-routing" the wiring harness (according to them) and flashing the ECU.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_7810.jpg

A couple of weeks back, we faced this problem a lot while driving on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway. It could have turned fatal for us, as the power and speed dropped, almost instantly. Thankfully we were able to take it to the service lane on the left, all four times.

Today I gave it to Dhone Ford for another round of review. They scanned and traced the error to the powertrain module. The fault code shown was P2135. They agreed to replace all the parts and re-program the ECU. There may have been a silent recall for this problem, but I don't remember Ford giving any such advisory.

Here is the table from the rough estimate that they have provided.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-c1.jpg
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-c2.jpg

Btw - check row number 8 in the table. I have a feeling that this is tacked on - mine is a 1.5L Dragon engine, so why does the charge for the 1.0L G-TDI appear there? I am assuming this would be the 1.0L Ecoboost motor for which they have added the charge. On a hilarious note - they even added the charge for the adhesive tape!

I will get the car back on Monday, I will update here on how it goes.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 4th August 2023 at 20:08.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 02:22   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
On a hilarious note - they even added the charge for the adhesive tape!
Yes they do that. For me once they once charged for using few drops of Fevikwik !
Old 5th August 2023, 20:26   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Finally took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol 1.5 Ti-VCT (Canyon Ridge) on 04 October 2019. Finally settled for insurance from outside (go digit) but purchased the additional fifth year warranty. Accessories provided by dealer was only foot mats and mud flaps. The delivery at Gateway Ford was a pleasing experience. Arrived early, did a PDI as per the team bhp PDI list which I carried with me. The sales person thereafter completed the documentation part and after a detailed demo of all features, I was out of the dealership in less than three hours. Finally costed me 10.04 lacs on road.
Completed the Kolkata to Tezpur drive today.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20230805_201836.jpg

Exactly 3 years 10 months later.
Crossed the 30,000 km mark.
Congrats to me and Brownie.
aviator1101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:02   #1520

Hello All,

This is a very insightful thread, I have a 2019 ecosport Titanium Petrol Manual and I am about to hit my 4th annual Service at 40,000 KM.

But from my last experience with ASS, I have a feeling they will try to make as deep hole in my pocket as possible. Hence, I want to be prepared and ask about various components that I should really look to replace or absolutely serviced.

During the 3rd Service, ASS guy already indicated a few things which I am listing below, but I am not sure if they are really required to be replaced with 4th Service.
  1. Break Pad
  2. Break Disk
  3. And there is some rubber based component under the car which in front which he said is responsible to absorb vibration while starting and stopping the vehicle.

I am not sure sure what all will be highlighted when I take the car next Month.

Need expert opinions on what all should I mandatorily ask them to look at and what things I can skip changing or get it checked outside of ASS.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 17th September 2023, 18:47   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I will get the car back on Monday, I will update here on how it goes.
So, to close the conversation, here are all the parts they replaced in my Ecosport. It's a 2018 Petrol version, 1.5 Dragon Engine. I hope this helps everyone. If you are facing this "See Manual" or a sudden loss of power in your Ecosport, ask them to "Replace" all these parts.

Initially, they will try to "Reroute" the wiring. God knows, what they mean by that. It's a quick fix, but it's not guaranteed to work. In my case, they tried this twice, but it didn't solve the problem. Finally, in the third attempt, they replaced all these parts. It looks like it has worked, touch wood. I haven't seen the problem, after this activity. If I face it again, I will keep everyone posted.

They asked me to retain the wiring harness, they said to keep it for the connectors. If the wiring harness needs repairs, the connectors are good and can be reused. Overall, I would rate the experience as 8/10, Dhone Ford was proactive, transparent in the costs and arranged the parts within a week or so. Replacement took approx. 2 days, I left the car at the service centre on a Saturday and got it back on Monday.

Pictures are self-explanatory, so I won't put the captions...

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-cn1z9e926c_bodyairintake.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-cn1z9e926c_bodyairintake_part.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-gn1z12a581pz_wiringcontrolsensor.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-gn1z6c315a_sensorcrankshaft.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-wiringharnesswithconnector.jpg

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 17th September 2023 at 18:52.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 16:31   #1522
BHPian

Hello members,

My friend owns a 2019 Ford ECOSPORTS S model and looking to upgrade the headlight bulbs. He is not happy with the default setup specifically the high beam. HID for low beam is ok but the high beam throw is quite pathetic with the stock setup. Can somebody recommend what would be the best upgrade for high beam ?

Thank you.
Old 20th October 2023, 13:24   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
[center]
Driving the 1.5L Petrol AT

How's the new AT? In a nutshell, it does the job and that's it - doesn't overtly impress nor disappoint. Along with the 1.5L engine, the slushbox makes the EcoSport an effortless car to drive from point A -> B.
The Ecosport AT makes for a very good used car buy. I will need to buy a small AT car with higher seating (for parents) and an Ecosport Titanium+ AT can be bought for about half the price of a new top end Brezza AT which is another car in my consideration. So to simplify and keep only these two options, which one is a better buy for you and why?
My father drives a 2014 Zest diesel AMT and they live in Greater Noida, NCR.
I don't have any issue with maintaining an old Ford, I drive a 2015 Fiesta 1.5 diesel MT.

Last edited by itsashishsharma : 20th October 2023 at 13:25. Reason: Is an Ecosport AT a great used car buy?
Old 20th October 2023, 22:53   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_god9 View Post
Hello members,

My friend owns a 2019 Ford ECOSPORTS S model and looking to upgrade the headlight bulbs. He is not happy with the default setup specifically the high beam. HID for low beam is ok but the high beam throw is quite pathetic with the stock setup. Can somebody recommend what would be the best upgrade for high beam ?

Thank you.
I have replaced the stock bulbs with Osram nightbreaker lazer and I'm pretty happy with it - Osram H11 Night Breaker Laser Duo Box 64211NBL-HCB Next GEN (55 W, 12 V, Set of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/07fdloP

The other option is an LED bulb but I'm personally not convinced with LED and reflector housings as the focus points are just not right unless it is OE.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:54   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have replaced the stock bulbs with Osram nightbreaker lazer and I'm pretty happy with it - Osram H11 Night Breaker Laser Duo Box 64211NBL-HCB Next GEN (55 W, 12 V, Set of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/07fdloP

The other option is an LED bulb but I'm personally not convinced with LED and reflector housings as the focus points are just not right unless it is OE.
Thank you Tarun for your response. Few questions:

1- So have you upgraded only high beam or both Low Beam HIDs as well ?
2- Are these direct Plug and Play or require some kind of wire cutting ?

Appreciate your help.
Old 22nd October 2023, 12:56   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_god9 View Post
.... Few questions:
It is plug and play as it has the same 55w rating, so can be done yourself at home.

I have not changed the low beam HID as I feel they are decent. I tried looking for 35w D5S bulbs but haven't found anything yet since this is not a popular spec.

The stock HIDs plus the Osram nightbreakers together are pretty good.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 11:45   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
So to simplify and keep only these two options, which one is a better buy for you and why?
Requesting for attention here.
With Honda Elevate failing to impress with its obvious cost cutting link (Honda Elevate Review), Magnite/Kiger again with their poor quality due to cost cutting link (Fed up of problems & bad after-sales | Sold my Nissan Magnite CVT in 14 months), Maruti Fronx getting sub-par feedback for its 1.0 Turbo + Torque Converter, my clear "NO" to AMTs, a new Brezza AT or a used Ecosport AT are pretty much all the options I have got.
Old 23rd October 2023, 13:26   #1528
BHPian

Hi itsashishsharma,

I can only give inputs w.r.t. EcoSport. The EcoSport has a very good petrol engine, i.e. 1.5L Dragon engine in this case. I have the manual transmission variant though. It's a good car with not-so-stiff yet comfortable suspension and very good AC.

I think for the initial few years after Ford's exit, there won't be any issues with service experience or spare parts availability. Just recently, I'm seeing lots and lots of Figo, EcoSport, and Endeavour coming in for servicing at Ford A.S.S.
Service cost is still very cheap if you compare it to hatchbacks from segments below.

Just a few things to keep in mind if you are considering EcoSport:
1) Fuel efficiency.
2) Thick A-pillars. One needs to be careful every time they drive because these A-pillars are so thick that a motorbike/scooter gets easily hidden behind these pillars & driver doesn't know their presence unless we move our heads around to see the traffic.
3) If you are keeping the car for long, then you might want to reconsider your decision on the basis of service experiences and spare parts availability. Though there are many FNGs and enough EcoSports still running and you are also familiar with maintaining 2015 Fiesta.
4) It's not E20 fuel compliant. I'm seeing lots of discussions on this topic. EcoSport or any Ford vehicle of that time cannot be E20 compliant since it was introduced just recently after their exit.
5) Resale value.

Lastly, I would suggest you and your father to test drive both Brezza and EcoSport and see whichever is comfortable to drive and taking into consideration the above factors and any other factor I may have missed out.

Also if possible, you can create a new thread highlighting your requirements in detail. The reach of that thread will be much higher and you'll get more responses. I'm sure, Team-BHPians will help you out with more clarity and more options to consider in case you have missed out anything in between.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 11:32   #1529
BHPian

Hi Bhpians
The HU of my 2018 Ford ecosport T+ AT petrol has gone bust. The screen is probably fine, the chipset is likely gone. This has happened once before at year 4 and I had gotten it replaced free under warranty. Looking for guidance on should I approach Ford for OEM chipset or go for aftermarket units. If anybody has experience installing aftermarket HU for ecosport in Pune area please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th February 2024, 14:59   #1530
BHPian

Hi Jithin,

I have really enjoyed your posts and modifications for your Ecosport. I have a question for you. Is it possible to install Isofix Seats in a 2021 Titanium MT model?
I regret not buying S variant that time and now in a situation where I am planning to sell a 3 year old 21k driven perfectly fine vehicle as I need 6 Airbags and Isofix for my kids.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks