Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th November 2018, 08:07   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr View Post
I completed the PDI of my Freestyle today. Deliveries for ruby red variants with adjustable headrests have begun. Attaching some pictures:

I plan to go ahead with booking of the Freestyle in Titanium trim. Yours too is the same or the Titanium+ ?

Im specifically asking as im keen on the adj rear headrests
akshayhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 10:03   #272
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I was all prepared for my weekend getaway to Coorg 15 mins back. I pushed the start button and waited for the warning lamps to go away. I became concerned when they didn't turn off on their own. Now I have the following 4 warning lamps on and they won't go away:

1) Stability control

2) Hill assist

3) ABS

4) Airbag

The car was parked for the past 6 days and it is raining since morning in bangalore. I don't know what is wrong with my 2 month old car and my weekend plan is ruined!

I don't know if I should be scared or angry with Ford for making a car that starts throwing tantrums within 2 months. Help!

Unfortunately you have no option but to take it to a Ford service centre. These warming lamps could be glowing out of just pure electronic malfunction issues and not necessarily that all of these features have some failures, but why take the risk?
I understand your situation with having to cancel the weekend plans, but better be safe than sorry.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 14:53   #273

FASS came to rescue. Within 5s the SA pulled out the abs wire and it was half cut. SA says it's a rat bite, I'm not absolutely certain as I don't see any other signs.

It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite. I checked out a couple of threads here but seems like there is no sure shot way of keeping the little monsters away.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 00:11   #274

Quote:
It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite. I checked out a couple of threads here but seems like there is no sure shot way of keeping the little monsters away.
You can try 3M coating for keeping the rats away. May cost around 1k for 6 months.
vDragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 11:22   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Within 5s the SA pulled out the abs wire and it was half cut. SA says it's a rat bite, I'm not absolutely certain as I don't see any other signs.

It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite
Sorry to hear about this issue.

RAT issue is a common problem among car owners around the globe. SA is possibly right on his judgement.

Sometimes people may fix wiring with rejoining method but I think you should empty the wallet to replace. Rejoining always carry a risk of malfunction of critical controls in middle of a drive or battery draining issues, even worse, electrical fire.

You are right on prevention being tough since there are no universal method to keep the rats away. Different people find success with different methods.

Read on https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html (How do you protect your car from rats?)

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   Reply With Quote