Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2018, 08:07   #271
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr View Post
I completed the PDI of my Freestyle today. Deliveries for ruby red variants with adjustable headrests have begun. Attaching some pictures:

I plan to go ahead with booking of the Freestyle in Titanium trim. Yours too is the same or the Titanium+ ?

Im specifically asking as im keen on the adj rear headrests
Old 24th November 2018, 10:03   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was all prepared for my weekend getaway to Coorg 15 mins back. I pushed the start button and waited for the warning lamps to go away. I became concerned when they didn't turn off on their own. Now I have the following 4 warning lamps on and they won't go away:

1) Stability control

2) Hill assist

3) ABS

4) Airbag

The car was parked for the past 6 days and it is raining since morning in bangalore. I don't know what is wrong with my 2 month old car and my weekend plan is ruined!

I don't know if I should be scared or angry with Ford for making a car that starts throwing tantrums within 2 months. Help!

Unfortunately you have no option but to take it to a Ford service centre. These warming lamps could be glowing out of just pure electronic malfunction issues and not necessarily that all of these features have some failures, but why take the risk?
I understand your situation with having to cancel the weekend plans, but better be safe than sorry.
Old 24th November 2018, 14:53   #273
BHPian

FASS came to rescue. Within 5s the SA pulled out the abs wire and it was half cut. SA says it's a rat bite, I'm not absolutely certain as I don't see any other signs.

It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite. I checked out a couple of threads here but seems like there is no sure shot way of keeping the little monsters away.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 00:11   #274
BHPian

Quote:
It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite. I checked out a couple of threads here but seems like there is no sure shot way of keeping the little monsters away.
You can try 3M coating for keeping the rats away. May cost around 1k for 6 months.
Old 9th December 2018, 11:22   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Within 5s the SA pulled out the abs wire and it was half cut. SA says it's a rat bite, I'm not absolutely certain as I don't see any other signs.

It's a repair job for the moment, replacing the wiring harness would be a very costly rat bite
Sorry to hear about this issue.

RAT issue is a common problem among car owners around the globe. SA is possibly right on his judgement.

Sometimes people may fix wiring with rejoining method but I think you should empty the wallet to replace. Rejoining always carry a risk of malfunction of critical controls in middle of a drive or battery draining issues, even worse, electrical fire.

You are right on prevention being tough since there are no universal method to keep the rats away. Different people find success with different methods.

Read on https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html

Thanks.
Old 12th December 2018, 13:12   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
You can try 3M coating for keeping the rats away. May cost around 1k for 6 months.
Thanks for the suggestion vDragon. Unfortunately the t-bhp thread on 3M rat repellant service points out its inefficacy. I'm looking for alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Sorry to hear about this issue.

RAT issue is a common problem among car owners around the globe. SA is possibly right on his judgement.

Sometimes people may fix wiring with rejoining method but I think you should empty the wallet to replace. Rejoining always carry a risk of malfunction of critical controls in middle of a drive or battery draining issues, even worse, electrical fire.

You are right on prevention being tough since there are no universal method to keep the rats away. Different people find success with different methods.

Read on https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html

Thanks.
Thanks man. I did go through the other threads on t-bhp, it seems there is no foolproof method yet. The hacky fix is only for the time being. I'm planning a sensor replacement during my 1st service.

On another note, took baby ford for its first outstation trip to Ooty and Coonoor; with a boot full of luggage and 5 adults onboard. Performance was adequate, however, I did feel the response to be flat at times. The car wouldn't pull in anything but the 1st gear on the masinagudi ghat section. Once past the running in period, I hope to have more fun revving the engine.

Average FE for the entire trip of 750kms was 13.7kmpl. Frankly I expected a ~10ish FE before the 1st service.
Old 12th December 2018, 13:36   #277
BHPian

I just booked my Smoke Grey Freestyle day before yesterday at 11:30 pm as part of the midnight surprise offer!

Delivery to be done hopefully on Sunday after my loan is approved!
bhaskar.guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 12:12   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
I just booked my Smoke Grey Freestyle day before yesterday at 11:30 pm as part of the midnight surprise offer!

Delivery to be done hopefully on Sunday after my loan is approved!
Congrats...what are the discounts you managed to get as part of the midnight festival? Which showroom did you book from?
Old 13th December 2018, 12:57   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats...what are the discounts you managed to get as part of the midnight festival? Which showroom did you book from?
I visited Mody Ford showroom at Begumpet in Hyderabad and i got about 18k discount and then I also bargained earlier for a seat cover complimentary but later realised that I cannot put seat covers because of the airbags. So I am getting ambient lighting and window weather shields now. I wanted engine underbody shield but as per the showroom guys, that's only available for diesel variants and not petrol.

Apart from that as part of the midnight surprise offer,
1. I won a microwave oven,
2. a service booklet worth 12k but this particular item is more like the Big Bazaar booklet you get which promises you benefits of 2k but the good thing is that the validity is longer for each coupon. It includes 15% off on accessories, discounts on issuance renewal, battery replacement etc.
3. A domestic travel voucher of 8k I guess but this will be opened only after invoicing.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 16:49   #280
BHPian

Going tomorrow to the stockyard to do the PDI with a fellow T-BHP member Pramod.

Anything I need to be careful about apart from the PDI list we have here?
Old 15th December 2018, 00:24   #281
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted engine underbody shield but as per the showroom guys, that's only available for diesel variants and not petrol.
Not true, it fits the petrol engine as well (I got it installed from the showroom). Indian road conditions makes the engine guard a very well recommended accessory.
Old 17th December 2018, 12:07   #282
BHPian

Hi guys,

One thing I noticed in my car is that it's in transport mode. When I asked the delivery executive first, he said it'll go automatically but later I was asked to press clutch 5 times and then the hazard light switch on and off five times.

It still hasn't worked, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Some pictures of my new car!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img20181216wa0005.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img20181217wa0001.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img20181217wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 17th December 2018 at 13:22.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 13:13   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One thing I noticed in my car is that it's in transport mode. When I asked the delivery executive first, he said it'll go automatically but later I was asked to press clutch 5 times and then the hazard light switch on and off five times.
Congrats on acquiring the Freestyle.

Could you post a picture of the transport mode for us to view how it is like?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 13:26   #284
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes!

It comes as transport mode on the MID and after you switch off the vehicle, it also comes on the touchscreen. Attached is the screenshot.

And I don't know the reason why I see a TA striked out on the top as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img_20181216_184735.jpg  

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 17th December 2018 at 13:27.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:12   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: I had asked my SA to get me the leather seat covers with cutouts for the airbags. The accessory guy calls me up and says that ford has strictly asked them not to install seat covers on the titanium+ variant.

I am out of words!

Mods: Please merge this post with my earlier post if required.
You will be playing with your life if you get extra seat covers on these seats
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks