Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 11:32   #301
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

Cancelling a car based on it's sales team or on the presence or absence of an adjustable headrest, despite knowing that it comes with the new version of the car is honestly the loss of only person, you!

Team-Bhp sucks! I cancelled booking of Grand i10. Now I will wait for couple of months and buy Freestyle. Freestyle with rear adjustable headrests is not available in any colour in Pune City. My preference is Black colour by the way. Dealer has checked some National Pool from Ford India where he can check currently available stock of cars available nationwide. No Freestyle Titanium plus Diesel with adjustable headrests is available at the moment.

So I will have to bear additional price increase in next year (2.5 percent price hike) plus I am doubtful that I will get any discounts in new year. Hope to get some fruitful deal at the time of festive season - "Gudi Padwa".

My heart won over the mind of wife!

Note to admins: Sorry for back to back posts.
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 13:02   #302
BHPian

My fiance's booking for baleno is at the verge of cancellation. She suddenly developed a liking for freestyle. (some 'not so nice' experience with nexa isn't helping baleno either).
Even though i was concerned about safety, Baleno petrol seemed future proof with no spare parts issues for next 15 years or so (we never sell off our cars).

Since she's now showing interest in freestyle, I'm trying to push her for a trend diesel variant which fits her budget. But i'm concerned whether its a future proof choice or not. Considering many cities are planning to implement diesel ban/scrap of 10 years old cars. Spare parts availability is also questionable for 15 years.
Is it advisable to go for a diesel over petrol?

Right now we are considering:
1. Baleno alpha 1.2 petrol (already booked)
2. Freestyle trend diesel
3. Freestyle titanium petrol (not titanium plus)
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 13:07   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Romeo1 View Post
Team-Bhp sucks! I cancelled booking of Grand i10. Now I will wait for couple of months and buy Freestyle. Freestyle with rear adjustable headrests is not available in any colour in Pune City. My preference is Black colour by the way. Dealer has checked some National Pool from Ford India where he can check currently available stock of cars available nationwide. No Freestyle Titanium plus Diesel with adjustable headrests is available at the moment.

So I will have to bear additional price increase in next year (2.5 percent price hike) plus I am doubtful that I will get any discounts in new year. Hope to get some fruitful deal at the time of festive season - "Gudi Padwa".

My heart won over the mind of wife!

Note to admins: Sorry for back to back posts.
Good boy! Welcome back. I hope my post helped.
Now that you're gettjng the car, pm me so I can get you someone who can help you out with service etc wherever you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
My fiance's booking for baleno is at the verge of cancellation. She suddenly developed a liking for freestyle. (some 'not so nice' experience with nexa isn't helping baleno either).
Even though i was concerned about safety, Baleno petrol seemed future proof with no spare parts issues for next 15 years or so (we never sell off our cars).

Since she's now showing interest in freestyle, I'm trying to push her for a trend diesel variant which fits her budget. But i'm concerned whether its a future proof choice or not. Considering many cities are planning to implement diesel ban/scrap of 10 years old cars. Spare parts availability is also questionable for 15 years.

15 years? You plan to keep the car for 15 years?
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 13:19   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Good boy! Welcome back. I hope my post helped.
Now that you're gettjng the car, pm me so I can get you someone who can help you out with service etc wherever you are.

15 years? You plan to keep the car for 15 years?
Yes we do, We develop emotional attachment to our vehicles and never sell them off. We also maintain our vehicles well so i don't see why it wouldn't survive for 15 years.

ps: my father rides his 28 years old bajaj chetak scooter daily and still owns 2003 Alto

Last edited by hgps : 25th December 2018 at 13:22.
hgps is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 13:26   #305
BHPian

Quote:

OK, i think you should look for what the car is being purchased for and how it will be driven. If it is for a sedate driver with low annual running, i think petrol is the way to go. I am presently using a 2006 1.4 Petrol Ford Fiesta (1.14L KMS) and drive it with a heavy foot. Never had any problems with spares whatsoever (in Hyderabad). AFAIK, NA petrol's have lesser maintenance, compared to turbo Diesel's, mainly due to the lesser complexity and moving parts. Also, having a Maruthi (Dezire 1.2P, Big A$$) in the house, i can vouch that the Ford ages much better that the Maruthi's.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 17:10   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we do, We develop emotional attachment to our vehicles and never sell them off. We also maintain our vehicles well so i don't see why it wouldn't survive for 15 years.
Is this going to be your first diesel? A petrol engine will be better down the years if you have less running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
AFAIK, NA petrol's have lesser maintenance, compared to turbo Diesel's, mainly due to the lesser complexity and moving parts. Also, having a Maruthi (Dezire 1.2P, Big A$$) in the house, i can vouch that the Ford ages much better that the Maruthi's.
Couldn't agree more, especially the last two lines.
Old 25th December 2018, 17:35   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is this going to be your first diesel? A petrol engine will be better down the years if you have less running.

Couldn't agree more, especially the last two lines.
Yes, Its going to be our first diesel. But i have driven diesels (including freestyle) extensively during our long trips (zoomcar). I felt low end torque of diesel will be a huge plus for my fiance who has just learned to drive.
Right now its uncertain how much our monthly running will be, it'll depend on our career choices in near future.
Old 25th December 2018, 18:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Its going to be our first diesel. But i have driven diesels (including freestyle) extensively during our long trips (zoomcar). I felt low end torque of diesel will be a huge plus for my fiance who has just learned to drive.
I won't recommend the 1.5 diesel for a first timer as it is a bit jerky in lower gears especially after the gear shifts. Get your fiance an extensive test drive of the diesel, best if inside the city, before getting to a conclusion. Long drives is awesome on this engine, but bumper to bumper is not as smooth as some other diesels let alone petrols.
Old 25th December 2018, 18:31   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I would suggest you to stick to petrol cars. Sooner than later, diesel cars would slowly be pulled off from the market. Since you plan to keep the car for 15+ years, going for a petrol car would be a safer bet any day irrespective of your running.

Coming to which I would recommend something from the Hyundai, Honda or Maruti stable instead of Ford.

Maruti, Hyundai and Honda petrol engines are a class above the rest when it comes to refinement, performance or efficiency. You'll not necessarily get all three traits in one car but when we consider the overall package, these three manufacturers have very enjoyable motors.

I haven't driven the Dragon series petrol from Ford but no matter how free-revving it would be, I don't expect it to beat Maruti's K12 motor. Similarly I have lost confidence on Ford's build after seeing their newer offerings.

Baleno, Elite i20 and Jazz/Amaze are good cars in their segments. Since this purchase is a "once in 15 years" thing, go for a top-spec variant of any of the above cars depending on the balance of performance, luxury and space in your wish list. All the best
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 19:51   #310
BHPian

Quote:

If your annual running is less and you plan to retain the car for over a decade I would suggest to go for petrol Elite i20. The interiors, build, ergonomics, features are the best among hatchbacks and will really *age well* in comparison to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I won't recommend the 1.5 diesel for a first timer as it is a bit jerky in lower gears especially after the gear shifts. Get your fiance an extensive test drive of the diesel, best if inside the city, before getting to a conclusion. Long drives is awesome on this engine, but bumper to bumper is not as smooth as some other diesels let alone petrols.
I second this. I found Freestyle jerky for occasional drivers within city, esp in bumper traffic.
anthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 13:55   #311
BHPian

Quote:

Would recommend freestyle just for the safety kit on offer and driving dynamics. That ford 1.5 diesel ia a lot of fun drive on highways.

Baleno petrol too is nice, except for its non-assuring build quality. Would not put money on Maruti for safety.

From your list, I'd pick freestyle titanium. If possible stretch and get the plus with six air bags.

Last edited by Adi22 : 26th December 2018 at 13:57.
Old 28th December 2018, 14:01   #312
BHPian

An important update!

I had raised a complaint to Ford India regarding adjustable rear headrests on Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium plus version. I received a call from Ford India customer care executive and as per them, rear adjustable headrests are NOT available on titanium plus diesel. However this feature will be introduced in 2019 model. Hence customer care executive asked me to wait for one month and then enquire about it to dealership nearby.

I had asked her to send it in written. Please see below conversation:

================================================
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 2:29 PM
To: Customer, Care (.) <custmail@ford.com>
Subject: Regarding freestyle

Hi,
This email is regarding visit to Talera Ford dealership in Nigadi, Pune, Maharashtra.

I went to book the vehicle. I came to know that newer versions of freestyle are equipped with rear adjustable head rests. However dealer talera ford says that for top end trim of diesel version of freestyle does not get adjustable headrests. It is available on diesel titanium but not on diesel titanium plus. On petrol, rear adjustable headrests are available on top end trim too. I thought I was being taken for a ride by dealership. I enquired with other dealers, dhone ford, Pune, unique ford, Satara and Sangali dealerships also. As per them adjustable head rests are available on diesel titanium plus variant. Most probably talera ford was trying to sell me older model before introduction of adjustable head rests. I did not book the vehicle because of such attitude from dealer. Please confirm in written whether diesel titanium plus come with adjustable headrests or not.

Please note that your brochure mentions adjustable headrests are available on titanium plus variants.

I may book the vehicle if and only if I get satisfactory response from ford India.

Also I will have to bear additional price increase because of mess up from dealership side if at all I book the vehicle after 1 st Jan 2019.

Regards,
XXXXX

================

Date: Fri 28 Dec, 2018, 1:42 PM
Subject: RE: Reply from Ford India - 800241206
To: XXXX

Dear Mr. XXXX

Greetings from Ford India Pvt. Ltd.!

We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents of the same.

We are delighted to know that you wish to purchase Ford FreeStyle vehicle. We take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing our product and we are much pleased to learn the passion that you have shown towards owning our Ford brand.

Further to our telecom today with you, we wish to inform you that rear adjustable headrest is available in FreeStyle 1.5 D Titanium + MT 2019 model. We look forward to receiving your valuable booking and will ensure speedy delivery of the vehicle. Trust your positive understanding on this with us.

Please feel free to contact Ms. Mr. Rupesh Adanwale (General manager – M/s. Talera Ford Wagholi ) at 9881494933 for any further assistance, in case of any discomfort feel free to contact me directly on my desk number 044 - 66117220.

For any suggestions/feedback on general issues & to clarify any concerns about your car or Ford service, you can contact us at custmail@ford.com or call us on our toll free number 1800-425-2500/1800-419-2500.

Trust your positive understanding on this with us and assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & regards
Shalu.T I Customer Relations – Sales,
Ford India Pvt Ltd I Chennai.
Desk No : 044-66117220 (Working Hours : 9:30am to 06:30pm [Monday to Saturday]).
Toll Free No : 1800-419-2500 or 1800-425-2500 / Email : custmail@ford.com
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 15:28   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Ford has hiked prices by about 20k.

Petrol Titanium+ is now 7.23 ex showroom Delhi, and near about 8.2 on-road. Not much offers currently. A cash discount of 10k maybe.

Oh, and there is no Trend variant anymore, only Trend+
Old 13th January 2019, 14:45   #314
Senior - BHPian

How are the spare part prices of Ford FreeStyle please? One of my friends had dashed with a FreeStyle accidentally while coming out of parking with his car. The FreeStyle in turn hit something in the front (not too sure if brakes were in place) which resulted in frontal damages too.

Now the estimated bill has come to something around 80000 with taxes. From what I understand, the FreeStyle owner is not in favor of using the insurance path, as he fears loosing on the NCB for next time.

Can someone please advise if the spare part prices are indeed so high with Ford FreeStyle? I have the images of the bill and the damage, but since I am not too sure of the right thread, so did not paste them.

Moderators, if this is not the correct thread, please guide me at the earliest.

Kind regards,
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 15:04   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
How are the spare part prices of Ford FreeStyle please? One of my friends had dashed with a FreeStyle accidentally while coming out of parking with his car. The FreeStyle in turn hit something in the front (not too sure if brakes were in place) which resulted in frontal damages too.

Now the estimated bill has come to something around 80000 with taxes. From what I understand, the FreeStyle owner is not in favor of using the insurance path, as he fears loosing on the NCB for next time.

Can someone please advise if the spare part prices are indeed so high with Ford FreeStyle? I have the images of the bill and the damage, but since I am not too sure of the right thread, so did not paste them.

Moderators, if this is not the correct thread, please guide me at the earliest.

Kind regards,

He's pulling a fast one on you.
Offer to pay his ncb for the next 3 years
Or then clear his payment only after checking the Ford invoice..
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks