Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:44   #331
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Hi all, can the Amaze owners please let me know what mileage are you getting from your cars in the city. I see a range of 8-12km/l in the thread.

I am looking to buy a car for my wife, primary usage will be back and forth between home and office. Will be driven by the driver so back seat comfort is key. Am looking at the Glanza G AMT variant and the Honda Amaze VX CVT.

Thanks in advance for your help
Getting double digits in my Amaze S CVT P. 10-12 in city and 15-17 on highways.
If it’s a driver driven then why CVT? Won’t a MT suffice?
Between the two I will suggest going for Amaze. It’s 4 star safety rated. Even in cities safety matters. AMT is no match to Hondas CVT. But with Toyota you will certainly get a better service experience.
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 22:00   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Getting double digits in my Amaze S CVT P. 10-12 in city and 15-17 on highways.
If it’s a driver driven then why CVT? Won’t a MT suffice?
Between the two I will suggest going for Amaze. It’s 4 star safety rated. Even in cities safety matters. AMT is no match to Hondas CVT. But with Toyota you will certainly get a better service experience.
Went ahead with the Amaze, test drove the Glanza and just couldn't get used to the gear changes in the AMT, the CVT on the other hand I s quite smooth. Thankfully the dealer could arrange the colour that we wanted in a day so took the delivery today.
rag_nfs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 23:26   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Went ahead with the Amaze, test drove the Glanza and just couldn't get used to the gear changes in the AMT, the CVT on the other hand I s quite smooth. Thankfully the dealer could arrange the colour that we wanted in a day so took the delivery today.
Congratulations on taking a wise decision. We too had almost finalised Tiago XZA plus AMT till we test drove the Amaze CVT and we were sold. For a 1 lac more we got a reliable work horse and butter smooth gearbox
bravo82in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 10:48   #334
BHPian

What was the on road price for amaze VX diesel CVT?

Found a 2019 model for 9.7 L. Feels overpriced. Any thoughts please?

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th June 2023 at 11:06.
Old 4th July 2023, 07:22   #335
BHPian

Hello and Good Morning Everyone!

I just have a quick question. Is there any app for Honda cars where we can see the entire service history and all the information related to a Honda Car? Like for Mahindra they have "withyouhamesha" App.

I just bought a pre-owned 2019 Amaze V CVT Diesel. So just wanted to know if there is any such app.
Old 4th July 2023, 08:16   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hello and Good Morning Everyone!

I just have a quick question. Is there any app for Honda cars where we can see the entire service history and all the information related to a Honda Car?.
Congrats on getting the Amaze CVT.

Honda has Honda Connect app for getting the previous service history and their invoices. You can download it from the Playstore here
praveesh4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 06:35   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
What was the on road price for amaze VX diesel CVT?

Found a 2019 model for 9.7 L. Feels overpriced. Any thoughts please?
I came across similar car, may be the same. However I went ahead and booked a new VX CVT with 35K cash discount. The price difference is less than 1.5L for a 4 year old car, that to pre facelift is not worth..Just tyres, battery, 40K service and warranty you will lose out nearly 70-80K. I offered 8L.

The new model has lot more improvement, please check the following thread
2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look

Some key things from the above thread..

1. The refreshed Amaze is equipped with an updated Digipad 2.0 7" touchscreen head unit. It offers connectivity through Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & Weblink.

2. Onboard navigation has been deleted from the list of features

3. Interior: silver inserts replacing piano black

4. MT gear lever gets a leather boot

5. Two individual map lights have been provided at the front

6. Boot lid gets a full cover on the underside

7. The rear bumper has been tweaked and now houses a thick chrome strip that runs from end to end. Slim reflectors with black housings have been provided on either side. The 4 parking sensors are now smaller than before

8. The pilot lamps are now C-shaped LED units

9. 15" diamond-cut dual-tone alloy wheels look smarter than the outgoing car's wheels.

10. Foglamps are now LED units

11. Amaze gets LED DRLs and LED projector headlamps

Last edited by manjubp : 9th July 2023 at 06:47.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:11   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince View Post
1. No that’s not how it is. Mine are also aftermarket covers got them for less
than half of what showroom guys quoted. Maybe a fitting issue. Try contacting
the guy who put the covers.
2. No idea. Others will be of better help.
3. Your highway mileage is fine. Mileage is also dependent upon driving style,
tyre pressure, distance run, trip type and number of users. Mine is single
handed driven by my Chauffeur. Mine gives an average of 12-14 KMPL in
City and highway is around 19 KMPL. Mileage also increases over time. New
Car won’t give decent mileage right off the bat.
4. Ask Honda regarding warranty.

Happy riding.
Hey Thanks Prince and sorry for the delayed response.
Actually I have become used to the way the vehicle drives with all its qualities and flaws.
The mileage has been pretty much the same however the showroom guys at Cherish Honda have been super helpful and changed my seat under warranty.
I have learnt not to install any after market accessories in my future vehicles.

Thanks again for your inputs.
Old 21st September 2023, 22:50   #339
bvk
BHPian

I am on the lookout for a small automatic car for in-city office-home trips, and oscillating between Amaze, Kiger and Magnite. I don't want AMTs - I felt my 19 year old 2004 City CVT drives better than the latest AMTs - I took test drive of Ignis, Baleno, Exter. After all that, now considering only CVTs - budget 12L on road Hyd. Reason for Kiger/Magnite is the higher seating position. One concern with Amaze is - I heard a face lift is due sometime soon.. so don't want to be missing out by buying the current one now. Anyone has any info about Amaze face lift please do let me know. Thank you.
bvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:26   #340
Senior - BHPian

All new Amaze is due next year. It's not a facelift. You might want to wait for that if you are interested in the Amaze.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 15:49   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvk View Post
I am on the lookout for a small automatic car for in-city office-home trips, and oscillating between Amaze, Kiger and Magnite. I don't want AMTs - I felt my 19 year old 2004 City CVT drives better than the latest AMTs - I took test drive of Ignis, Baleno, Exter. After all that, now considering only CVTs - budget 12L on road Hyd. Reason for Kiger/Magnite is the higher seating position. One concern with Amaze is - I heard a face lift is due sometime soon.. so don't want to be missing out by buying the current one now. Anyone has any info about Amaze face lift please do let me know. Thank you.
If you can wait, I'd recommend Amaze, which will receive a generation update in the first quarter of 2024. However, if you need something right away, I'd advise choosing Magnite turbo CVT. It has a smooth three cylinder, which I've tested so far, and the way it changes gears is fantastic; you won't experience any jerkiness like you would with other AMT's.
Autobot92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 19:29   #342
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hi folks, am a newbie on this forum. Wanted to express my gratitude for the value add from TBHP. I purchased an Amaxe CVT VX last Christmas and am over the moon. Ride, handling, ergonomics, safety rock. I was in a dilemma between Dzire AMT & Amaze. TBHP influenced my decision in making the right choice. Cheers.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 15:43   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Hi folks, am a newbie on this forum. Wanted to express my gratitude for the value add from TBHP. I purchased an Amaxe CVT VX last Christmas and am over the moon. Ride, handling, ergonomics, safety rock. I was in a dilemma between Dzire AMT & Amaze. TBHP influenced my decision in making the right choice. Cheers.
Best wishes and welcome to the Honda Amaze family. Glad TBHP assisted you in making the proper decision. Happy munching miles.
Share your thoughts about your new car if you would.
Autobot92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 11:52   #344
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Thank You for the warm welcome Autobot92!

Here goes:

As a newbie I invite fellow community members to share inputs. Specially on the art of hyper-miling in a CVT!

Hondas 'man maximum machine minimum' adage shines through in non-nonsense family sedan. Coming from an 2008 model F10D WagonR (my beloved 'Waggie') the learning curve was simple.

Engine:
The 4 pot petrol engine refinement is excellent. No thrum or shake during startup. Post 4000 rpm however does get noisy.
Good engine full stop.

Transmission:
The CVT is perfect for my use case.Creep speed is perfect- not too aggressive for our chaotic bumper to bumper navigation.No head nod is a boon. It only demands 'feathering' the throttle for a smooth & efficient drive. The much bandied 'rubberband effect' is evident only on sudden throttle inputs.

S mode is aggressive. Engine braking in S mode is perfect for downhill driving/sudden overtakes.

Ride & Handling:
Confidence inspiring. Drives like a car one segment above, gives kind of a 'Chota Honda City' feel. The chassis can actually handle a more powerful engine. I wonder! Suspension is silent and absorbs the vagaries of Indian roads. I get the feeling this car is bult for India- any comments? Can anyone throw light on the platform used? Is this same as the 1st gen Amaze?

Physical & mental stress/tiredness after a long journey is perceptibly less.

Bonnet is visible, spatial awareness is not an issue at all. For Indias chaotic city traffic and limited parking slots 4m vehicles are optimum. Class leading turning radius of 4.7m helps with maneuverability.

Steering:
Does not transmit vibrations /shock. However I feel it s a tad heavy at slow speeds <30 kmph. Or maybe am comparing too much with my Waggie.

Mileage-
I need to learn the art of feathering the throttle.

Highway (plains) 22 kmpl at average speed of 70 kmph.
City- varies from 12-15 kmpl.

4/5 days a week the car runs for only 1 km (each way from residence to metro station). Here I barely get 12 kmpl. Can anyone comment on this please.

Boot-
Is huge- segment best and also practical. I have actually done airport runs with 5 adults and 8 suitcases! Amazing - the pun is intended.

So-so Points:
No rear seat adjustable headrests. Although existing headrests are good.
Auto door unlock on Park mode is safety risk- specially when switching off at long signals.
Insulation could be better though: external noise does seep in.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 13:18   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvk View Post
I was in a similar situation. Test drove the Kiger, Amaze, Altroz DCA and Kia Sonet Petrol IMT. I already own a Duster, looking to replace with a automatic within budget 12-13 L OTR. Booked the Altroz DCA XZA+S. Here's how I came to a decision :
Kiger -
Very good product from not a very good company, VFM. Renault service is not satisfactory. The SC try to milk you every possible way since they don't make much from the sales. Also wanted to change the brand now so eliminated Kiger. But if you love it, go ahead. You can always go to FNG after the warranty period.

Kia Sonet -
Again, a good car. Didn't like the ride quality - felt bouncy. IMT is ultimately not full automatic, just eliminates the pressing of the clutch. No discounts/offers, take it or leave it attitude from sales guys. Facelift is coming soon. Thus eliminated.

Amaze -
A very good car, satisfying all requirements. Own a Honda Brio, so have experienced the service and it's good. New generation is launching soon. This is the only reason why I cancelled Amaze.

Altroz -
DCA is good, 5 star safety, Newer car, ASS is gamble yet went ahead as it fulfills almost all other requirements
shivrajvp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks