Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2024, 21:59   #376
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul0303 View Post
I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more.

But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic

The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars.

While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy.

I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze

But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue.

But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering.

I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue.

Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
The low speed steering of Amaze is indeed slightly heavy but normal. However if you expect video game like artificial lightness then this is not the right choice. Let me stress though the car itself is heavy compared to Dzire /Aura.

A suggestion- observe the behavior at 60/70 kmph. Does it still feel heavy.
Old 10th February 2024, 09:04   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze
Take it again to the ASC, I'm assuming your car is still in warranty? So getting this critical problem fixed at an FNG won't be the wisest of things as you risk voiding warranty. If they give the same excuse again - tell them that you will accept this ONLY after 2 more customer Amazes in the ASC, which will surely be there for service, with these service folks.
If those cars work better than your car - the problem is evident to them right there. If you just want a verification done via a 2nd opinion - you can visit an FNG indeed and get it checked (but not fixed). if the FNG also says its OK and doesn't have an issue, perhaps you need to drive a couple of more Amazes just to get that reassurance, that it might be just a different behaviour than your previous cars, and not a fundamental issue.

If there is no power assistance at all at parking speeds - there is definitely an issue with the EPS. Either the sensor network is problematic OR the power assistance motor itself has problems.

At higher speeds - the steering definitely will be heavier than parking speed. Its done for safety as well as efficiency of the system. Overly power assisted steering at higher speeds can be dangerous.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th February 2024 at 09:06.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 10:19   #378
BHPian

Quote:
The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars.
Firstly, I think you should post this as a separate query in Technical Stuff section rather than the official review section.

Secondly, the thing that came to my mind on reading the issue was the steering servo motor. The power steering (Electric) comes with an assist motor which produces the required torque to turn the steering column. If that motor does not produce enough torque then the column is only as good as a manual one. So pl check with your ASC.
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 21:27   #379
BANNED

Folks I have made a comparative chart showing Delhi On Road Prices for Automatic Compact Sedans. While Amaze has the highest pricing, its the best product around 10/11 lacs. Its got a true automatic, rock solid Honda service & reliability.

AMAZE: EW-5YR included
2 options- S CVT Base OTR 10.1 (ES 8.7) & VX CVT OTR is 11.0 (ES 9.8)

DZIRE: EW-5YR included
3 options- VXI AGS OTR is 9.3 (ES 8.0), ZXI AGS OTR 10 (ES 8.7), ZXI+ AGS OTR 10.9 (ES 9.4)

AURA EW-4YR included
Only 1 option-KAPPA SX+ OTR 10.6 (ES 8.9)

TIGOR: EW not included.
2 options with CNG! Segment 1st- XZA OTR 9.9 (ES 8.8), XZA+ OTR 10.7 (ES 9.5)

Legend: EW= extended warranty, OTR= On the road price in INR, ES= Ex showroom price

Last edited by INDIAFIRST : 10th February 2024 at 21:39.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:02   #380

Quote:
I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more. But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars. While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy. I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze. But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No.

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue. But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering. I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue. Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
I have this same issue and gotten it checked from multiple places (official service center and otherwise) and it is being reported across the board.

I recently purchased the S CVT variant and had some other observations too.
I also noticed in the lack of lights on the gearbox which is apparently also an issue with the VX variant. In addition, the lock button and ORVM controls also dont have lights. Seems like a very basic thing to miss out from the company. All in all the driving is okay but feature wise a very basic car and would not recommend purchase for anybody looking to buy sedan as i feel other two options (Aura and Dzire) have much more to offer from a city driving perspective.

One thing to appreciate is the stability at highways and high speeds where the car feels stuck to the road without hitting too hard on the bumps.
Old 23rd February 2024, 22:47   #381
BANNED

Hi, seek clarification from seasoned BHPians. In case of battery running down in a manual car, push start by suddenly slipping 1st / 2nd gear does the trick.

What is the parallel option to start a CVT when the battery dies?
Old 1st March 2024, 07:58   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Honda Amaze launch this festive season.

New Honda Amaze will sit on a new platform; to get fresh styling and more features.

Quote:
Third-gen Amaze to sit on City, Elevate platform
Will get fresh looks, inside-out
Will continue to be feature-laden
Link:
Old 1st March 2024, 08:12   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakharmody1996 View Post
I have this same issue and gotten it checked from multiple places (official service center and otherwise) and it is being reported across the board.

I also noticed in the lack of lights on the gearbox which is apparently also an issue with the VX variant. In addition, the lock button and ORVM controls also dont have lights. Seems like a very basic thing to miss out from the company. All in all the driving is okay but feature wise a very basic car and would not recommend purchase for anybody looking to buy sedan as i feel other two options (Aura and Dzire) have much more to offer from a city driving perspective.

One thing to appreciate is the stability at highways and high speeds where the car feels stuck to the road without hitting too hard on the bumps.
We have 8 months old Amaze VX-CVT, actually the steering is one of the lightest one compared our pervious cars indica, sumo, swift (multiple generations), getz, vento, jetta, i10, etc., It is like toy, specially at higher speed.
I would suggest to escalate the issue through Honda cars official website and Honda will track to the closure. We had an issue in our car and ASC was not resolving it even after 4-6 times follow up. Then escalation did solve the issue.
manjubp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 15:22   #384
BHPian

Hi All - I recently got an Amaze VX CVT edition. Overall happy with the drive, features, space and practicality of the vehicle especially for city usage.
One annoying feature though is the auto headlamps, seems to be too sensitive and switches on unnecessarily. The irritating part is I am unable to override it by turning it off. Does anyone know any workaround to turn it off or reduce its sensitivity.

TIA
Old 18th March 2024, 19:49   #385
BHPian

Recently, I switched to IOL XP95 without sharing that information, yet both my son and wife were able to notice the difference in terms of smoothness and power. It's worth paying the extra 6-7%, especially since I'm seeing at least an additional 1kmpl in mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
One annoying feature though is the auto headlamps, seems to be too sensitive and switches on unnecessarily. The irritating part is I am unable to override it by turning it off. Does anyone know any workaround to turn it off or reduce its sensitivity.

TIA
I completely agree with your assessment. I spoke with the service center personnel, and they indicated that there's not much that can be done. As a result, I've switched to parking mode and drive during the daytime.
manjubp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 10:34   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakharmody1996 View Post

Correct, lack of features is a shortcoming. However I feel most are not deal breakers. Aura, DZire & Tigor surely do offer more for the buck. But when we look at old-school car attributes such as ride, handling, saferty, stability, & NVH, Amaze triumphs.
Old 25th March 2024, 10:36   #387
BANNED

I have an 18 month old CVT VX. I am in awe of the class and quality of this machine.

Just completed a 650 km round trip from NCR to Solan District (HP). Sharing observations:

Mileage: Calculated using tank-to-tank method with 4 adults & luggage. Nitrogen instead of air in tyres. Driven in D mode.

On plains highway- 23 kmpl. Caveat- Max speed 90 kmph, average speed 70 kmph.
On incline (40 km stretch) 14 kmpl

I use regular (not premium) petrol.

On return leg the car was running non-stop with AC for 6 hours- only stopping to cross toll plazas. Yes no bio breaks either! Interestingly engine was not (excessively) heated- this is outstanding & shows the car was well within its comfort zone.

The trick with the CVT is to understand the RPMs and feather the accelerator accordingly. Typically I stay within 1500 rpm. I used S mode only for engine-braking on way down, maybe 5/6 kms. This car is a beauty when relaxed. Heavy /squat stance leads to less body roll which translates to minimum fatigue. I was pretty fresh after the drive. Well yes, 300 odd km isn't much compared to most of you folks, but then my weekly drive is total 50 km!

Braking is, as GTO says "sans drama". True- you can really rely on the stopping power.

Since (gimmicky) features are not my thing, this car meets all my basic requirements. Safe, reliable, classy.

I really feel this car should sell more than monthly 2500 pcs compared to Dzires 15000 count!

Last edited by INDIAFIRST : 25th March 2024 at 10:39.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:52   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Other Points

• The world premiere of the Honda Amaze was at the 2018 Auto Expo (related thread). BHPian Jayakrishnan_v was the first to leak the variant details later in May.

• Driver armrest isn't standard but is available as an official accessory. Check it out in BHPian A.G.'s car here.

• The Amaze is based on a new (low cost??) platform that has been developed for the emerging markets. It will soon be used in future cars from the Thailand R&D center, including a crossover.

• Will we see a Brio-hatchback version of this car? We should. The product is competent and a hatchback variant will do far better than the current Brio. Honda might name it differently though as brand 'Brio' is a flop.

• The Amaze has upped its game and the market has rewarded it. Last two month's factory dispatches have been 9,789 and 9,130 units respectively. This is the best selling Honda till date.

• Diesel CVT misses out on the paddle shifters & gets an "L" mode, while it's the other way around with the petrol CVT. We agree with the diesel not getting paddle shifters as it's anyway not a high-revving engine, but the petrol could definitely have used that "L" mode for climbing up tough inclines.

• Honda has already initiated a recall for the heavy steering wheel. Check if your car is a part of this on the company website.

• 35L fuel tank is retained; it's one of the smallest in the segment.

• The doors auto-lock at 20 km/h as you move along. They also auto-unlock when you switch the car off (or engage "P" in the AT)! This is highly undesirable in theft-prone India. Makes us worried.

• Pull (just) the driver's door handle from inside and all the doors will unlock automatically.

• Don't like that fat chrome grille? Neither do we. BHPian Junky has a better-looking solution here. Looks so much classier.

• Standard warranty of 3 years / unlimited km. Extended warranty for up to 5 years / unlimited km available (we always recommend it!).

BHPian PPS points out that Honda hasn’t even provided a joystick for ORVM adjustment in the base variants! Base variant owners are seriously treated like second-class citizens by manufacturers (it might be recollected that the Innova GX costing 17 big ones on the road doesn't even get an audio head-unit!).

• Waiting periods for the diesel CVT have gone up to 10 weeks. Honda knows what the target market wants and they have delivered.

• Horn is louder than you'd expect on the inside!

• Thanks to BHPian Kautilya for sharing information on this Touchscreen Head-Unit Upgrade (for those buying lower variants).

• We're intrigued by how the Amaze gets this deadly Diesel + CVT combination, but its more expensive siblings (especially the City) don't. Advantage Amaze, we say.

BHPian A.G. says "the keyfob cannot be locked inside the vehicle (including the trunk) – the doors won't lock / the trunk will open itself if it detects the key inside".

Disclaimer: Honda invited Team-BHP for the Amaze test-drive. They covered all the travel expenses for this driving event.

Hi, Blackwasp. Can you please, (now maybe with the benefit of hind sight) clarify if this indeed is a new platform compared to 1st Gen Amaze? How does it vary from the earlier platform which, if I understand correctly was also used in Brio, BRV & Mobilio. Thanks.

BTW loved the review- this made me purchase the 2nd Gen facelift in 2022
Old 25th March 2024, 23:27   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda had announced that there will be a price hike across its range of cars from 1st April. Unofficial reports state a Rs. 12K hike for Amaze on account of rising costs due to BS-6 engines. No news about City and Elevate models as yet.
Old 30th March 2024, 22:47   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post

I really feel this car should sell more than monthly 2500 pcs compared to Dzires 15000 count!
I understand, yes it should, but it won't due to the pricing itself. When my BIL was in market for a sub 4 meter sedan in 2023, at the price of tigor xz+, we were getting the 2nd base of amaze, which was barebones. Even dzire top model is much cheaper(comparing the manual variant of all cars). Only those who loves Honda would go for amaze. If I have to spend 11 lakhs on amaze i would stretch a bit and get the city instead.
Flechazo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks