Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
I think that you should go with Ciaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hope it answers your question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The CVT is common for diesel and petrol variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If new only, Jazz or DZire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
From multiple news articles I read on this, the Global Ncap Honda Amaze rating of 4 stars was done on the 'Made in India' model for African markets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
No better diesel gearbox in this range.
Thanks a lot @ani_meher, @skarthiksr, @sureshkishore, @libranof1987, @deehunk, @amit73 for your suggestions and advice.

After considering all the options, I finally decided to take a risky gamble and go ahead with BS4 Amaze Diesel V CVT itself.
Signed the dotted line yesterday and if everything goes well, the car will be delivered next week.

While looking for ownership reviews of Amaze Diesel CVT, I could find only one thread from @scorpion_blore titled "Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Otherwise it is gem of a car among the compact sedans!
Thanks a lot Sir. You detailed review gave me confidence to go ahead with the purchase decision.
I am also planning to put up an ownership review which could help prospective buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Can you please provide a long term review for Brownie? It will really help others who are considering it.
A special thanks to @NGM who took time to talk to me over phone and helped me out with insider information on offers and inventory from many Honda dealers across the state.
daniel_sam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 12:14   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_sam View Post
After considering all the options, I finally decided to take a risky gamble and go ahead with BS4 Amaze Diesel V CVT itself.

Congrats! What was the final discount? Maybe that will compel others on the sidelines to jump on the bandwagon too.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:10   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Congrats! What was the final discount?
Nothing great, inline with what has been published officially by Honda. Around 45k discount plus 5 yr (unlimited kms) extended warranty thrown in for free.
Old 28th December 2019, 13:26   #229
BHPian

I would like to have an idea about how Honda Amaze second gen petrol manual behaves with a full load of passengers and luggage in the hills. Does it have enough power to handle steep slopes? I am confused of the mix responses available on the net. Also most are about diesels, I wish to know about petrols.
Old 29th December 2019, 10:21   #230
BHPian

I would like to report that I am getting constant noise from the steering column of my Amaze (new gen) and the service personnel are unable to do anything about it. I happened to talk to a couple of other Amaze owners and was surprised to hear that they too had the same issue. I am now wondering if this is a problem across the board.
amit73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 09:40   #231

I own amaze vx petrol manual new gen. I'm not facing any issue like that.. Could you please elaborate a little more about the issue?
Old 5th January 2020, 11:09   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
I would like to have an idea about how Honda Amaze second gen petrol manual behaves with a full load of passengers and luggage in the hills. Does it have enough power to handle steep slopes? I am confused of the mix responses available on the net. Also most are about diesels, I wish to know about petrols.
Well, three of my colleagues got the Amaze VX Petrol in last 15 months. Some pointers regarding the car are

: Inadequate Low End Torque esp in 2nd Gear. Mid and High ranges are good( Vtech kicks in ).

: No bottom scrapping even after full load.

: FE 15KMPL City, 19-20 KMPL Highway (2Pax.) Increase the load and it will drop further.

One of the three has recently drove my CIAZ 1.5 Petrol and was mesmerized by the performance ( not praising my car but Just to set the benchmark). He also wants to sell his 11 month old Amaze Petrol and Get himself a diesel one.

All these opinions are as per usage in the plainest plain (Gujarat &Rajasthan) only. Lack of Low end Torque might be problematic in the hills. Will be glad to help you with further queries, if any.

Cheers!
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 11:41   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
I would like to report that I am getting constant noise from the steering column of my Amaze (new gen) and the service personnel are unable to do anything about it. I happened to talk to a couple of other Amaze owners and was surprised to hear that they too had the same issue. I am now wondering if this is a problem across the board.
You are not alone. Even I have the same issue in my Amaze V CVT diesel. I've dropped the car in service center multiple times to get a fix, no permanent fix till now.
Although it is a very low pitched noise, it gets irritating since it never stops once it surfaces.
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:08   #234
BHPian

I recently bought a Honda Amaze V MT Diesel and I have clocked around 2600 Kms so far. I am mostly satisfied with the car except for a few things. The major issues are as followed. My fellow Amaze owners, please share your thoughts on these as I am not much of a car expert.

There is a consistent knocking noise from the right side wheel(?) whenever the gear is shifted. The moment you release the clutch, you can hear the knocking noise for a moment and then it fades away. When I brought this into the service engineer's notice, he said it is common for all Amaze cars and the knocking sound is coming from the drive axle. Is this normal?

After the first service, to try out the new car, I took the car to Ooty during the Xmas vacation. The route I took was Nilambur-Gudalur-Masinagudi-Ooty. The reason why I am specifying the root is, this route involves around 32 hairpin bends and involves a lot of climbings. After covering around 120 Kms and 27 hairpin bends, we decided to take a long break for refreshments. Things were going well up to this point. When we resumed the journey after 25 mins, the car was behaving weirdly. It was struggling to move forward in second gear and eventually, it started behaving the same in first gear as well. At one point, the car came to standstill and no matter what I do, the car won't move forward. The moment you release the clutch and the hand-brake, the car will roll backward. Even if you read-line the engine, ZERO power was transferred to the wheels. After a few failed attempts, we gave up and rolled back the car to the side to clear the traffic. After 10-15 minutes, we tried again but this time with stones behind the back wheels to prevent rolling back, we were able to get the car moving forward by revving up to an extent that one could smell the clutch plate.

Although the car was now behaving as expected in first gear, the second gear performance was pathetic as we experienced earlier. Also, when the car was shifted to second gear, there was that distinct smell of the clutch plate. Eventually, everything was back to normal and we reached Ooty. There were no issues during our return journey or since then. I tried to reproduce this issue by taking the car to Wayand and some of the steep gradients in my native place. No matter how extreme the climbs are, I am unable to reproduce the issue. I have some videos taken from my dashcam as proof. When I approached the HASS, the service engineer acknowledged that there was something weird as per the videos and they will forward the issue to 'Honda Tech-line' and get back to me. However, this incident has been bothering me a lot because I find it unacceptable for a new car to behave so weirdly.
A few more details on the second incident:-
There was no indication of overheating.
There were only three passengers when this happened. Even with the driver alone, the car was not moving forward.

A few other cars were also behaving in a similar fashion. Scorpio, i10 grande, Duster, Figo aspire to name a few. However, they were behaving way better.
I have taken the same route at least 4 times in a 2008 model Wagon R without any such issues

I am attaching the link to the Google drive folder with the dashcam videos. I hope it is allowed.

Last edited by praveesh4u : 22nd January 2020 at 13:34.
praveesh4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 10:15   #235
BHPian

I have a weird thing happening to my car. Bought the Amaze D VX Cvt in November 2019 and in Dec 2019 i noticed a crack on the windshield. It happened on a day when i washed the car and as a regular practice had put up the wipers while doing so. I put them back down after washing and left it. While taking the car out a few hours later i noticed the windshield was cracked. After checking CCTV footage I saw my 3 yr old son had climbed up on the car onto the roof while playing, So i figured that might be the reason and got it replaced on my own expense as claiming insurance meant to leave the car at the dealership for almost 10 days as they didn't have windshield in stock. Now after exactly a month it has happened again and in the very exact place where it cracked last time. Infact even the pattern of the crack is the same. And coincidentally I had washed the car this morning and put the wipers back down after I was done. I did not notice it immediately as i did not pay attention. I mean who would imagine putting the wipers down on the windshield would lead it to crack? An hour after i washed it wife was leaving to work and noticed the windshield was cracked and this time nobody had come near the car since it was washed. Now i don't know what could be the reason as the only thing i can think of that might have caused it is putting the wipers down. And I am sure that such a simple action should definitely not cause the glass to crack.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 10:17   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
There is a consistent knocking noise from the right side wheel(?) whenever the gear is shifted. The moment you release the clutch, you can hear the knocking noise for a moment and then it fades away. When I brought this into the service engineer's notice, he said it is common for all Amaze cars and the knocking sound is coming from the drive axle. Is this normal?
That knocking noise while changing speed should probably be because something has been worn off. I guess it should be happening while starting forward or reverse from a complete standstill. Is there a light tug felt on steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
Even if you read-line the engine, ZERO power was transferred to the wheels. After a few failed attempts, we gave up and rolled back the car to the side to clear the traffic. After 10-15 minutes, we tried again but this time with stones behind the back wheels to prevent rolling back, we were able to get the car moving forward by revving up to an extent that one could smell the clutch plate.

A few other cars were also behaving in a similar fashion. Scorpio, i10 grande, Duster, Figo aspire to name a few. However, they were behaving way better.
I have taken the same route at least 4 times in a 2008 model Wagon R without any such issues
That is really a strange behaviour. Never expected this from a Honda. AFAIK lower pulling power in 2nd gear is a known issue in Amaze, but 1st gear issue is another problem altogether. Since yours is a manual the only explanation that comes to me is clutch slipping. But I find weird that some other cars were also having the same issues. Confusing. What did the HASS say about this? Any updates from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I have a weird thing happening to my car. Bought the Amaze D VX Cvt in November 2019 and in Dec 2019 i noticed a crack on the windshield. It happened on a day when i washed the car and as a regular practice had put up the wipers while doing so. I put them back down after washing and left it. While taking the car out a few hours later i noticed the windshield was cracked. After checking CCTV footage I saw my 3 yr old son had climbed up on the car onto the roof while playing, ....

A 3 year old on the roof of a car is not a good practice IMHO. Please be careful. Coming back to your case, windshield cracking is an issue with Honda Amaze IIRC. While I went for an enquiry the sales man was quoting me Honda insurance and he was telling me windshield cracking will be replaced without cutting NCB. That was odd. Why would he say that, if this wasn’t a known issue? I am guessing there is some issue with clearance of the framework and windshield. So that the metal expanding while under sun might be the problem. After all its a guess. I might be wrong. Any explanation form Honda’s part?
Old 27th January 2020, 10:50   #237
BHPian

Quote:
That knocking noise while changing speed should probably be because something has been worn off. I guess it should be happening while starting forward or reverse from a complete standstill. Is there a light tug felt on steering wheel?
Yes, indeed. The knocking noise was caused by a bad engine mounting. I had got it changed under warranty but it bothers me that I had to got it changed at just 3400Kms. This is definitely not the quality that I expect from Honda.

Quote:
That is really a strange behaviour. Never expected this from a Honda. AFAIK lower pulling power in 2nd gear is a known issue in Amaze, but 1st gear issue is another problem altogether. Since yours is a manual the only explanation that comes to me is clutch slipping. But I find weird that some other cars were also having the same issues. Confusing. What did the HASS say about this? Any updates from them?
I guess there were too many factors at play in this case. First of all, due to the heavy climbs and the stop and go traffic due to some road work, overheating was a common factor for all the cars that were behaving weirdly. Then there was the altitude factor and possible loss in power due to low oxygen levels. That being said, it was no excuse for the weird behaviour.

So far, no proper response from HASS as they're not able to reproduce the issue but they accept that there is something strange.
Old 28th January 2020, 16:22   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post

A 3 year old on the roof of a car is not a good practice IMHO. Please be careful. Coming back to your case, windshield cracking is an issue with Honda Amaze IIRC. While I went for an enquiry the sales man was quoting me Honda insurance and he was telling me windshield cracking will be replaced without cutting NCB. That was odd. Why would he say that, if this wasn’t a known issue? I am guessing there is some issue with clearance of the framework and windshield. So that the metal expanding while under sun might be the problem. After all its a guess. I might be wrong. Any explanation form Honda’s part?
Completely agree that children on the roof of the car is unacceptable. It was the first and only time and it happened while all of us were getting ready to go out somewhere. His caretaker immediately pulled him off the car... he was on it for all of 30 seconds i think. Also the car was parked in the garage so no question of heat being the cause. It is very well ventialted.

I took the car in to the service center yesterday. I had already raised a complaint with Honda India on Sunday. The local dealer called my by 9.30 am to talk about the issue and i was already on my way there by then. Spoke to the CRM there who put me onto a service advisor, I explained what had happened exactly and while i was talking to him the person who had attended the car during the last windshield change walked by and he was surprised himself because it was in the same exact place as last time. I told the SA that i do not want to claim insurance and i definitely don't want to pay for it without getting to the root cause as it is not the question of money but safety and the fear of the unknown.

He asked me to leave the car with them for the day to run some checks and also in the meanwhile they wanted to speak to the company too. They did not have stock so he said anyways it would take about a week for the new windshield. He called me by 4pm to say that i could take the car back as it would be useless leaving it with them for a week. When i went back, He said they had spoken to Honda India and they were told to replace the windshield free of charge. But i insisted that it wasn't about money for which the SA said Honda India had asked them not to scrap the windshield and had asked them to send it to the factory so that their team could get to the bottom of it. I really do hope they get to the bottom of it as the new Amaze is one of their highest selling cars so it would be tragic if such an integral part of the car is faulty or has some design issue. Now i just have to wait ... rest assured i will be following up with them till they give me a satisfactory answer irrespective of the free replacement.

Last edited by zombiedriver : 28th January 2020 at 16:26.
Old 29th January 2020, 16:46   #239
BANNED

Honda Cars India launches BS-VI Amaze compact sedan, priced from Rs 6.09 lakh

Honda claims that Amaze compact sedan has sold over 3.9 lakh units since its introduction in the country back in 2013. The second-generation model has sold around 1.3 lakh units since its launch in May 2018.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-73730888.jpg
Quote:
New Delhi: Honda Cars India has announced the launch of BS-VI compliant Amaze compact sedan, at a starting price of Rs 609,900 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Available in both petrol and diesel engine options, the compact sedan is priced up to Rs 995,900 (ex-showroom, Delhi), depending upon variants.

Speaking about the Amaze BS-VI, this is claimed to be the first Honda diesel model in India complying with the new emission norms, claims the Japanese automaker.

Commenting on the launch of Amaze BS-VI, Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President & Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd, said, “Honda is committed to bring its latest and advanced environment-friendly technologies to the Indian market and today we have introduced BS-VI version of our largest selling model Honda Amaze. It will be available in both Petrol and Diesel. Amaze will be our first BS-VI diesel model in India offering the most powerful performance in the segment with the best balance of fuel economy.”

The petrol model is equipped with a 1.2L i-VTEC petrol engine, available with both manual gearbox and CVT options. It churns out 90 PS of power and 110 Nm of torque.

On the other hand, a 1.5L i-DTEC engine works under the hood of the diesel variant. It comes available with both manual and CVT options. The manual variant generates 100 PS of power and 200 Nm of torque, while the CVT variant produces 80 PS of power and 160 Nm of torque.

Honda claims that it has applied advanced exhaust gas after-treatment system with NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) in the Amaze BS-VI to meet the new norms.
Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 29th January 2020 at 16:47.
wheelguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 15:29   #240
anb
BHPian

Honda Amaze BS 6 is launched and the price comparison of BS4 and BS6 is given. Only Rs.30k increase in price for most diesel variants compared to BS4 version.
Credits : Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-img_20200130_152240.jpg  

anb is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks