Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2018, 12:34   #136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Karnal
Posts: 25
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I would like to know the opinion from the car experts on our forum if there is something wrong with my Amaze today - I hope the pictures are self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-amaze1.jpg  

Honda Amaze : Official Review-amaze2.jpg  

amit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 20:03   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,103
Thanked: 1,457 Times
Default

Its nothing wrong with Amaze but more to do with driver.

Amaze is good and there is no doubt. But plz don't buy this car, considering " Its Honda, rest Assured". Insane buyers who thinks, whatsoever Honda does is right, they
will be fooled.
I am planning to buy Amaze CVT V, with this disclaimer.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th September 2018 at 21:37. Reason: back to back posts merged
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 13:56   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 429
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

During my last TD of Amaze diesel CVT, I quite liked the car but the build quality felt flimsy. Feel that build quality of Jazz is better than Amaze & almost same as City. Am I right?
If that is so, then I feel Jazz diesel CVT will be a good choice, if Honda choose to do so. Expect more noise, diesel CVT felt more powerful & more eager to reach 3 digit speeds, as compared to petrol CVT, which I remember from TD of a Jazz petrol CVT ( earlier version). Do storgly feel Jazz should come with a top end diesel CVT as soon as possible & am sure there will be many takers for this car.
Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 14:58   #139
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 915
Thanked: 1,050 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Do storgly feel Jazz should come with a top end diesel CVT as soon as possible & am sure there will be many takers for this car.
Cheers
If they do that, they I would be ready with my cheque Knowing Honda, I am sure they will wait till the engine/gearbox combo is proven reliable in the real-world before mating it to their international model.

Somehow I feel Honda in Image conscious when it comes to their international models sold in India, like Jazz,city,CRV and Brio.
giri1.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 11:09   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,939
Thanked: 1,764 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Amaze petrol CVT owners, what is the realistic FE that you are getting in pure city traffic like Bangalore?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:00   #141
BHPian
 
distiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I am in a dilemma and want fellow bhpians to guide me here.
My current drive is Honda Amaze, 2013 (Apr) SMT model. Last year I had changed the OEM tyres and opted to go with Michelin. Now I feel that I should upgrade the music system, there is no problem with it and it sounds quite decent too. But its feels quite outdated with no Bluetooth or no mobile telephony options.
Has any one of the team members changed the music system and was it a plug n play type of change.
Thanks in advance.
distiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:45   #142
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 500
Thanked: 1,305 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
I am in a dilemma and want fellow bhpians to guide me here.
My current drive is Honda Amaze, 2013 (Apr) SMT model. Last year I had changed the OEM tyres and opted to go with Michelin. Now I feel that I should upgrade the music system, there is no problem with it and it sounds quite decent too. But its feels quite outdated with no Bluetooth or no mobile telephony options.
Has any one of the team members changed the music system and was it a plug n play type of change.
Thanks in advance.
Buy an android based system. Opt for Andorid 8.0 and 2 GB RAM. It will have integrated google maps and you just need to provide data through mobile hostspot. Include an OBD reader and you can view all the vital parameters on Torque App. Just buy from a seller with good rating and lot of orders. Sample Link
PraNeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:56   #143
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 469 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Amaze is good and there is no doubt. But plz don't buy this car, considering " Its Honda, rest Assured". Insane buyers who thinks, whatsoever Honda does is right, they will be fooled.
It is as if you stole the words right from my head!

After using the car for almost 4 months now, and with almost 6500 kms on the odo, I got to admit that there is nothing bad/negative to write about this car.

Yes, there have been problems with EPS and Honda issuing a free EPS calibration at their service stations. For me, the major issue has been with the service center, and not the car. I have already visited the service station about 6 or 7 times in my 4 months of ownership, and the service center technicians manage to goof-up one thing or the other always which results in going back to them again and again.

After driving a Maruti for more than 7 years, I learnt a major lesson. Honda builds great cars, but the service is really pathetic. Maruti builds average/below average cars, but offers excellent service. I'm sure not many would agree to this, but to each their own!
scorpion_blore is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:32   #144
BHPian
 
distiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Buy an android based system. Opt for Andorid 8.0 and 2 GB RAM. It will have integrated google maps and you just need to provide data through mobile hostspot. Include an OBD reader and you can view all the vital parameters on Torque App. Just buy from a seller with good rating and lot of orders. Sample Link
Thanks Praneel!

But then its dilemma number 2, I use a Apple I phone based IOS operating system . Is there anything for IOS systems as well.
distiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:44   #145
BHPian
 
distiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
It is as if you stole the words right from my head!

After using the car for almost 4 months now, and with almost 6500 kms on the odo, I got to admit that there is nothing bad/negative to write about this car.

Yes, there have been problems with EPS and Honda issuing a free EPS calibration at their service stations. For me, the major issue has been with the service center, and not the car. I have already visited the service station about 6 or 7 times in my 4 months of ownership, and the service center technicians manage to goof-up one thing or the other always which results in going back to them again and again.

After driving a Maruti for more than 7 years, I learnt a major lesson. Honda builds great cars, but the service is really pathetic. Maruti builds average/below average cars, but offers excellent service. I'm sure not many would agree to this, but to each their own!
Nowadays ASS are hit or miss. Sometimes I had great experience and sometimes really frustrating ones. I don't know if it is related to high attrition rate especially at the service supervisor & mechanic level.
I would recommend to get acquainted yourself with the service manager level person. It really comes very handy especially in tricky scenario of being overcharged or when the service supervisor pushes you for un-necessary engine decarbonizing or AC disinfecting !
Sharing one of my experience, my car has this HSRP and from the day of installation whenever the boot was closed it used to make a loud noise. Several times I reported it but it remained unresolved. During the 60K km service, which is considered a major one for Honda, my car was assigned to a very senior level experienced mechanic. I personally went to floor and requested him to do something to resolve the problem. And now the boot closes with a great thud and not with a bang!
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:54   #146
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 500
Thanked: 1,305 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Thanks Praneel!

But then its dilemma number 2, I use a Apple I phone based IOS operating system . Is there anything for IOS systems as well.
You are covered sir. These systems come with an app to mirror your phone screen through cable and wifi. Please confirm from buyer before buying.
You can try local options from Sony, Blaupunkt, Pioneer etc however they will be more expensive and less capable but will come with warranty and support.
PraNeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2018, 16:26   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 649
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Now with newer Amaze GC at 170mm how badly does it sag with 5 people and luggage? I wanted to give a try for this car as a next one for my family (first sedan in India for me, have been driving hatches and MPV all those years here).
Was looking at Jazz as well but considering the low GC and halved maintenance interval (6 months instead of 12 months) thinking to dump that thought.
Amaze looks promising after seeing so many reviews and videos, only a couple of things troubling are the fuel tank of just 35 liters and bad cladding on the inside surface of boot cover. It shows all the wires exposed. Really poor.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 5th October 2018 at 16:27.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2018, 17:14   #148
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 469 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Now with newer Amaze GC at 170mm how badly does it sag with 5 people and luggage? I wanted to give a try for this car as a next one for my family (first sedan in India for me, have been driving hatches and MPV all those years here).
Was looking at Jazz as well but considering the low GC and halved maintenance interval (6 months instead of 12 months) thinking to dump that thought.
Amaze looks promising after seeing so many reviews and videos, only a couple of things troubling are the fuel tank of just 35 liters and bad cladding on the inside surface of boot cover. It shows all the wires exposed. Really poor.
No matter how great a car is, it will have or the other flaw. IMO Amaze has a good engine and an excellent CVT, but it has its own set of flaws.

I never saw any issue with 5 people on board, never had any issues with going over the potholes and the infamous speed-breakers of Bangalore.

The fuel tank capacity is a bit low at 35 liter capacity, but on highways I've achieved around 22-23 KMPL. So that shouldn't be a problem, however if your usage is heavy within city, you might visit the fuel station more often. I'm getting around 15-16 KMPL n city traffic.

Yes, the inside of the boot looks ugly with all the exposed areas and no cladding, but that shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

IMO Amaze is a good pick within its segment.
scorpion_blore is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:55   #149
BHPian
 
shuvadips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 134
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Now with newer Amaze GC at 170mm how badly does it sag with 5 people and luggage? I wanted to give a try for this car as a next one for my family (first sedan in India for me, have been driving hatches and MPV all those years here).
Was looking at Jazz as well but considering the low GC and halved maintenance interval (6 months instead of 12 months) thinking to dump that thought.
Amaze looks promising after seeing so many reviews and videos, only a couple of things troubling are the fuel tank of just 35 liters and bad cladding on the inside surface of boot cover. It shows all the wires exposed. Really poor.
None of the above is a deal breaker, Rajiv.

I had yet not managed to scraped the floors in my Amaze in the last 3 months that I had bought it in Delhi. Had seated 4 adults and 1 kid with completely filled boot. I am pretty excited about it.

The inside surface cover of the boot is a miss by Honda, for sure. I plan to get it covered from some accessories shop outside, but didn't get time yet to do that.

Also drove from Delhi to Agra and back, and being a Petrol, got a 18kmpl mileage. In City I get about 12.8 kmpl and all my rides are in full traffic mainly to and fro office and a few weekend runs.
shuvadips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:58   #150
BHPian
 
shuvadips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 134
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Amaze petrol CVT owners, what is the realistic FE that you are getting in pure city traffic like Bangalore?

Hi Sagar - I get around 12.8 kmpl in Delhi. My run is mainly for office with a few weenend errands to do too.
Mine is Manual VT Petrol.
shuvadips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 2761 2nd July 2019 21:44
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (2016) .anshuman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 19th February 2017 21:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks