Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
727,327 views Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 13:57   #256
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 911
Thanked: 3,326 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi all,
He's narrowed it down to the Honda Amaze S MT and the Honda Jazz VX MT. At the moment, he's leaning the towards the Amaze and I'm hoping to here from current owners whether the car is suitable for his requirements.
The only comment that I would like to add is to point out that the Jazz shares its platform with City and Amaze shares it with Brio.

Since you said "but he wants to future proof it for the 5th one whenever it happens", perhaps your friend might want to consider this point too.

Last edited by JithinR : 20th February 2020 at 13:58.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:04   #257
BHPian
 
sidpunjabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bombay
Posts: 169
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
The only comment that I would like to add is to point out that the Jazz shares its platform with City and Amaze shares it with Brio.
Even the new 2018 Amaze? I thought Honda had based the new Amaze on an entirely different platform. I know the old Amaze and the Brio were based on the same platform.
sidpunjabi is offline  
Old 20th February 2020, 17:10   #258
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 911
Thanked: 3,326 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Even the new 2018 Amaze? I thought Honda had based the new Amaze on an entirely different platform. I know the old Amaze and the Brio were based on the same platform.
This is from the official review. My bad, I forgot that the new Amaze is based on a new platform. Though, to be honest words like 'developed for emerging markets' etc don't inspire that much confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Other Points

The Amaze is based on a new (low cost??) platform that has been developed for the emerging markets. It will soon be used in future cars from the Thailand R&D center, including a crossover.

Will we see a Brio-hatchback version of this car? We should. The product is competent and a hatchback variant will do far better than the current Brio. Honda might name it differently though as brand 'Brio' is a flop.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:07   #259
BHPian
 
sidpunjabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bombay
Posts: 169
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This is from the official review. My bad, I forgot that the new Amaze is based on a new platform.
Haha, it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Though, to be honest words like 'developed for emerging markets' etc don't inspire that much confidence.
Yeah, it's not uncommon. Many manufacturers prefer to have a region / country specific platform to ensure that their products are more suitable for those roads. Not a real deal breaker in my books.
sidpunjabi is offline  
Old 6th March 2020, 19:28   #260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 134
Thanked: 582 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Has anyone installed dash cam in new gen Amaze? I am looking for a dash cam in price range of around Rs. 10,000 for my V-CVT.

Also, any solution on how we can backlit the letters in gear shifter.
karan0009 is offline  
Old 6th March 2020, 19:56   #261
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 1,636 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post

Also, any solution on how we can backlit the letters in gear shifter.
How about using radium stickers? Or keep the cabin light on maybe so that you can read the letters?
By the way, why do you want to do that? I wouldn't advice you looking at the knob everytime you shift as that could be distracting and dangerous.
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 00:41   #262
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 43 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Thanks a ton! Feels good to know it is not a bug in my car. Would replacing the horn void warranty?
What is the stand of Honda in the event of the owner requiring a pair of Roots windtone or Hella windtone with respect to the warranty? Would the Honda Service undertake to upgrade the horn without affecting the warranty?
I look forward to hearing about the experience of the owners who have swapped / upgraded their horns with or without a relay. Thanks in advance.
Karadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 11:53   #263
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 179 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post

Also, any solution on how we can backlit the letters in gear shifter.
Just resort to using the display on the meters, its quite easy once you get used to it and safer too .
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 01:08   #264
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 255
Thanked: 526 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
What is the stand of Honda in the event of the owner requiring a pair of Roots windtone or Hella windtone with respect to the warranty?
IIRC any change in electrical components would void the warranty, applicable for horns as well. In case of any warranty claim, this could get problematic.
I'm waiting for the car to compete at least 3 years before making any such changes.
scorpion_blore is offline  
Old 8th March 2020, 07:16   #265
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 4
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Has anyone installed dash cam in new gen Amaze? I am looking for a dash cam in price range of around Rs. 10,000 for my V-CVT.

Also, any solution on how we can backlit the letters in gear shifter.
Please use palming method to shift the gears.. You can search in YouTube on what the palming method is. But it's not a good idea to look at the gear rod for shifting gears.
ska289 is offline  
Old 8th March 2020, 07:48   #266
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 911
Thanked: 3,326 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska289 View Post
Please use palming method to shift the gears.. You can search in YouTube on what the palming method is. But it's not a good idea to look at the gear rod for shifting gears.
Ah..his is an automatic. CVT to be exact.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 11:18   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 134
Thanked: 582 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
How about using radium stickers? Or keep the cabin light on maybe so that you can read the letters?
By the way, why do you want to do that? I wouldn't advice you looking at the knob everytime you shift as that could be distracting and dangerous.
All the AT's I have driven till date had backlit letters, so just a particular thing which bothers me sometimes. Using radium stickers is a good idea. I am not in favor of using cabin light while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Just resort to using the display on the meters, its quite easy once you get used to it and safer too .
Getting used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska289 View Post
Please use palming method to shift the gears.. You can search in YouTube on what the palming method is. But it's not a good idea to look at the gear rod for shifting gears.
Palming method is not relevant as my vehicle is automatic.
karan0009 is offline  
Old 10th March 2020, 13:52   #268
BHPian
 
praveesh4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Calicut
Posts: 36
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Has anyone installed dash cam in new gen Amaze? I am looking for a dash cam in price range of around Rs. 10,000 for my V-CVT.
I am using 70mai Pro dashcam in my Amaze. The video is crisp and clear and the cam has parking surveillance. Optionally, you can add a GPS module that would enable location tracking and an Advanced Driver Assistance System(ADAS) capabilities. ADAS features include lane change detection at higher speeds, vehicle tracking and stop alerts regarding the traffic in front of the car.
It is available on Amazon for around Rs. 7800. You would need to purchase a V30 micro sd card(~Rs 1000) in addition to this.
praveesh4u is offline  
Old 11th March 2020, 15:12   #269
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 25
Thanked: 27 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
In addition to these issues, there was a knocking noise from the right side front wheel while going over rumble strips. Upon inspection, the Honda ASC guys found that the lower arm was faulty and it was replaced under warranty.
Thanks a lot @praveesh4u for this post. My December 2019 Amaze was showing this issue. Initially I ignored the sound thinking that it was something from the cabin/glovebox that is making the sound. Seeing your post, I visited Honda ASC last week. They found the lower arm to be faulty and replaced it under warranty. The way the SA and team handled the replacement was commendable. There was no hesitation or reluctance to replace the part under warranty and the car was properly washed and cleaned inside out even though I didn't demand it. Also a proper 0 bill was generated listing the parts replaced under warranty.

Last month, during a routine service, I claimed certain part replacement on my Maruti Celerio under warranty. The process was not smooth at all. SA refused to repair under warranty initially and later agreed to replace it free of cost when I insisted. Also the parts replaced were not listed in bill saying they handled it internally and the car was returned with grease and dirt all over.
daniel_sam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 17:07   #270
BHPian
 
praveesh4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Calicut
Posts: 36
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_sam View Post
Thanks a lot @praveesh4u for this post. My December 2019 Amaze was showing this issue. Initially I ignored the sound thinking that it was something from the cabin/glovebox that is making the sound. Seeing your post, I visited Honda ASC last week. They found the lower arm to be faulty and replaced it under warranty. The way the SA and team handled the replacement was commendable. There was no hesitation or reluctance to replace the part under warranty and the car was properly washed and cleaned inside out even though I didn't demand it. Also a proper 0 bill was generated listing the parts replaced under warranty.
Glad to know that you got the lower arm replaced without any ay hassle. In just 6000Kms, I got my left lower replaced as well. The experience was similar. I explained the issue to the HASS service engineer and reproduced the issue while having a test drive with the service engineer.

The sad fact is, the lower arm issue is known issue and HASS are advised to replace it if the customer arises any complaints regarding the lower arm. Even if you replace the lower arm, the rattlings will reappear very shortly. That is what my personal experience proves and that is what's vouched by at least 5+ Amaze owners through a Whatsapp group. The unofficial news from the HASS is that Honda has come up with a new lower arm design and will offer a free replacement in the coming months.

Regarding your comment regarding Maruti, I feel the Maruti counterpart of Amaze would have been a much tension-free experience . Within 3 months and 6000Kms, I have got the following parts replaced under warranty in my Amaze
  • Engine mounting
  • RH Lower arm
  • LH Lower arm
praveesh4u is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks