Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2019, 17:52   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon, HR
Posts: 242
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The basic thing that works against Mahindra is 3rd row and boot space, both of which are important for an MPV buyer. The Ertiga has an advantage here. Also while the diesel mill on Ertiga makes lesser power, its more fuel efficient! As city only car, Ertiga with its compact dimensions and monocoque construction is the one that is easier to drive.Both cars have their fare share of positives and negative and 3 lac is a big money at this price point. When Maruti gets 1.5L diesel mill things are going to get tougher for Marazzo.
Third row of Marazzo is brilliant- far better than Innova Crysta and priced far lower. I can vouch for this since I took a group of 7 with loads of luggage on Rajasthan trip and third row was the most appreciated

Ertiga sells because of lower price and petrol variant and Crysta is selling only because of Toyota brand- I found Crysta inferior to Marazzo in every aspect. And Mahindra's target market is not that of Ertiga- they are chasing those who want a premium 7 or 8 seater, but aren't willing to the ridiculous premium of the Crysta- people like me 😁
HighwayofLife is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 18:41   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 1,589
Thanked: 2,819 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Third row of Marazzo is brilliant- far better than Innova Crysta and priced far lower. I can vouch for this since I took a group of 7 with loads of luggage on Rajasthan trip and third row was the most appreciated

Ertiga sells because of lower price and petrol variant and Crysta is selling only because of Toyota brand- I found Crysta inferior to Marazzo in every aspect. And Mahindra's target market is not that of Ertiga- they are chasing those who want a premium 7 or 8 seater, but aren't willing to the ridiculous premium of the Crysta- people like me 😁
Good that you find Marazzo to better all other MPV's out there in all aspects. No doubt Marazzo is good but there are shortcomings like any other product out there. The third row is good but I could not recline backrest and found better under thigh support in Ertiga and Crysta. The boot clearly is smaller in Marazzo.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2019, 10:31   #213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Kochi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Third row of Marazzo is brilliant- far better than Innova Crysta and priced far lower. I can vouch for this since I took a group of 7 with loads of luggage on Rajasthan trip and third row was the most appreciated
No doubt Marazzo is great for what it is.

However, I can't help but wonder where you managed to store "loads of luggage" with 7 passengers on board?

The potentially inferior Honda BRV has a bigger and more useable boot than the Marazzo.

Quote:
Crysta is selling only because of Toyota brand- I found Crysta inferior to Marazzo in every aspect.
I disagree with your view that Crysta is inferior in every aspect. Though expensive, the Crysta has more kit and is generally considered very reliable. There's a reason people flock to the Toyota badge. Also, the 2.8 ZX AT can be considered a proper luxury car.

Quote:
they are chasing those who want a premium 7 or 8 seater, but aren't willing to the ridiculous premium of the Crysta
Yet the Crysta outsells the Marazzo, doesn't it?
voldemort is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2019, 16:20   #214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 787
Thanked: 2,091 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
I disagree with your view that Crysta is inferior in every aspect. Though expensive, the Crysta has more kit and is generally considered very reliable. There's a reason people flock to the Toyota badge. Also, the 2.8 ZX AT can be considered a proper luxury car.
Reliability and resale value must be the topmost reasons for the Crysta to be on top of the stack.

After reading this exchange over here, I felt curious and went over to the nearest Toyota showroom. The first 2 rows are flawless in comfort and practicality. I like the top variant's driver seat adjustments - specifically the underthigh support adjustment by tilting it. That's so neat and makes it very comfortable.

The 3rd row in the Crysta doesn't add up to all that jazz though. I am quite tall at 6'4" and have disproportionately long limbs. Sitting in the 3rd row had me pointing my knees skyward. I can predict a ruptured lumbar vertebra for me, if I ever had the misfortune of occupying the said row for a long time.

The Xylo's has to be the king of this segment and it is going out of production soon...with that said, I'm going to check out the Marazzo's 3rd row next. I have no apparent purpose other than to idly research these MPVs.

Oddly enough, and i can take all the brickbats in the world for this, I am okay with the jumpseats in my TUV's 3rd row now. I used to carry a chip on my shoulder over this in my TUV, but in the jumpseats if ever one were to sit for a length of time, they won't have their knees pointing skyward. I know that if I sit there, it doesn't happen to me. The only thing is that one has to be seated sideways in a seriously congested space. And no, I'm not that crazy to suggest that the TUV is the hallmark for comfort or reliability.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 23:58   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon, HR
Posts: 242
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post

However, I can't help but wonder where you managed to store "loads of luggage" with 7 passengers on board?

The potentially inferior Honda BRV has a bigger and more useable boot than the Marazzo.
Unlike some here, I'm not struck with a bad case of "brand blindness", where Toyota is concerned. I think Toyota produces over-priced cars that it sells based only on brand perception from past successes. This strategy is now back-firing, as seen with how the Yaris has failed, and how the Ford Endeavor has eaten into the Fortuner's market

Boot space isn't about the number of litres, but the usability, as well as how the rest of the vehicle allows luggage to be arranged. We carried about 15 pieces of luggage, three of them very large between the boot, the integrated roof carrier and the aisle between the two captain seats in the rear

As for your assertions of how great the Honda Mobilio is, unfortunately, the Marazzo has eaten its market.
HighwayofLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2019, 13:18   #216
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Doesn't the Marrazzo in the first picture have the M8 variant's 17 inch alloys and the Marrazo in the video have M6 variant's 16 inch alloys? Or am I making a mistake here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

Marazzo Accident : rear ends a truck
Airbags deploy, passengers safe

Attachment 1862430



Source
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 17:21   #217
Distinguished - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,753
Thanked: 3,644 Times
Default Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

This is the first time I saw a TV ad (for the Mahindra Marazzo) highlighting T-BHP's COTY award

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tv-ad-ed.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2019 at 21:00. Reason: Edited image to delete political content
R2D2 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2019, 07:34   #218
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 53,653
Thanked: 131,314 Times
Default Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
This is the first time I saw a TV ad (for the Mahindra Marazzo) highlighting T-BHP's COTY award
Thanks for sharing! Copying your post to the Marazzo thread.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 18:04   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 787
Thanked: 2,091 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I can't seem to find any reviews of the Marazzo's performance on the hills or on steep ramps when fully loaded. I tried different search terms in vain; how is the Front Wheel Drive holding up when hauling serious loads uphill? It is a heavy vehicle to start with...
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 19:38   #220
BHPian
 
niteshbids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Patna
Posts: 115
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Doesn't the Marrazzo in the first picture have the M8 variant's 17 inch alloys and the Marrazo in the video have M6 variant's 16 inch alloys? Or am I making a mistake here?

You seem to have spotted it correctly. Even the windscreen damage in the first picture is significantly less than the one in the video and other images.
niteshbids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 17:29   #221
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Banaglore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Thread is remarkably silent without any recent posts from owners. Does this imply that Mahindra managed a niggle free product right at launch ? If this is true, this will be tremendous achievement for Mahindra. In the past, Mahindra together with Tata, has been accused of using the initial customers as guinea pigs. Also shows the engineering maturity of their Michigan center.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 18:23   #222
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,420
Thanked: 897 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I can't seem to find any reviews of the Marazzo's performance on the hills or on steep ramps when fully loaded. I tried different search terms in vain; how is the Front Wheel Drive holding up when hauling serious loads uphill? It is a heavy vehicle to start with...
On the question of hills, try reversing uphill in an Innova. It may not be a pleasant experience because the rear wheel will start slipping because engine weight is in front and drive axle is in rear. Doing the same on a front wheel drive marazzo may have better results.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 18:49   #223
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 787
Thanked: 2,091 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
On the question of hills, try reversing uphill in an Innova. It may not be a pleasant experience because the rear wheel will start slipping because engine weight is in front and drive axle is in rear. Doing the same on a front wheel drive marazzo may have better results.
I have lived that sermon in my RWD TUV 300. I was reversing and slipping up (down?) a ramp. And even otherwise, one's automotive gyaan tells us it'll be so.

But beyond hypotheticals, the proof of the pudding is what I'm looking for. What if for some arcane reason the Marazzo can't do well on inclined pulling? It is a product in its infancy. Why won't owners share what they know here? Their silence is deafening, going by the usual standards with other recently launched vehicles.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 19:32   #224
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Does the Gear shifter/knob vibrate while changing gears in the Marazzo.I found this as a negative in my test drive of XUV 300 W8(O)diesel.
BeingHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 19:37   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,420
Thanked: 897 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I do not think there is any problem with pulling, because marazzo has a huge turbo to compensate for lower engine capcity. I have seen quite a number of cab owners using marazzo to ferry tourists to ponmudi and munnar, they seem to be satisfied with performance because number of marazzo cabs is slowly starting to pick up.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 300 29th January 2019 13:30
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 742 5th November 2018 22:30
Mahindra plans premium luxury cars on Marazzo’s platform shashanka The Indian Car Scene 0 5th August 2018 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks