Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 06:43   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I booked the Marazzo and got the dealer to agree on 5% off on labour, fluids, spare parts each during service and this is over email from their official ids. I need some guidance to get this formalized with finer details and make it work. How do i get this done? Where do you get this documented in the paperwork?
Old 28th January 2020, 09:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I need some guidance to get this formalized with finer details and make it work. How do i get this done? Where do you get this documented in the paperwork?
If you have got a quotation from the dealership for the OTR price, you can have the above offer included on that and endorsed with dealership's stamp and sign. Else, you can take a print of the email and get it endorsed with the dealership's stamp and sign. Also, better make the SA forward the same email to the service manager of the ASC workshop (with you in cc), as usually sales and service, even of the same dealership, operate in their own parallel universes.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 28th January 2020 at 09:21.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:25   #348

Quote:
If you have an old car to exchange, you should simply buy new one. It will cost you about 2.5lacs more with standard discounts on offer i.e 15.5lacs and with exchange, a couple of lacs lower which is what your used vehicle is being quoted at.
For the rest of the questions, maybe there owners who can comment. But am almost going ahead and booking one next week and it will be my everyday car. Until of course i realise its way too much!
XUV is not a real 7 seater so you can knock it off in car you truly want 7 seats.
Hi Nilesh, In deed it is a good suggestion. But I don't have a car to exchange. I am still pondering what to do.

How much is the on road price you are getting in Pune for a new M8 variant?
Old 29th January 2020, 11:58   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.GOUNDER View Post
Hi Nilesh, In deed it is a good suggestion. But I don't have a car to exchange. I am still pondering what to do.

How much is the on road price you are getting in Pune for a new M8 variant?
If i discount my old car price and the exchange bonus, it is around 16lacs OTR. Will be a bit less since am trying to transfer my NCB of old policy to the new one. If M8 is expensive, i suggest M6 is a also a good deal - you miss out on cruise control and some cosmetic things but its VFM. Maybe February also has better offers.
Old 29th January 2020, 18:20   #350

I would suggest wait till April if possible, they will launch the M6+ in place of M8, which will be more VFM
Old 30th January 2020, 18:18   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkumar View Post
I would suggest wait till April if possible, they will launch the M6+ in place of M8, which will be more VFM
I think this is the right time to buy. At the moment discounts are going on where the M8 is available for M6 money. These discounts will disappear post April. Also in April Marrazo will get BS-6 which will have two negative consequences: 1. Prices will go further up. 2. The dreaded Diesel Particulate Filter ( DPF ) will make its debut in the car.
Old 30th January 2020, 23:55   #352
BHPian

Does anyone else feel the steering is too light at high speeds?
I got used to it now, yet it doesn't inspire much confidence to do high speeds, also considering that it doesn't stop in a straight line under heavy braking. Again, I think a heavier steering would've solved it?

P.S. By high speeds, I meant 120 and above. No I do not drive at that speed all the time. But when the road is as good and as boring as the Pune- Bengaluru highway, you get tempted
Old 31st January 2020, 14:53   #353
Senior - BHPian

Booked the M8 in Iceberg White yesterday. I wish Mahindra had a wider choice of colours - the current set is either too dark or too dull. A soft-gold or dull-grey would have been nice to have.
Delivery is expected some time next week. I already got the VIN number from the dealer and it is Jan'20 manufactured car. So the task for the weekend is to figure out what accessories do i want.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:34   #354

Quote:
Booked the M8 in Iceberg White yesterday. I wish Mahindra had a wider choice of colours - the current set is either too dark or too dull. A soft-gold or dull-grey would have been nice to have.
Delivery is expected some time next week. I already got the VIN number from the dealer and it is Jan'20 manufactured car. So the task for the weekend is to figure out what accessories do i want.
Many congratulations, happy motoring
Ajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:02   #355
Senior - BHPian

So took the delivery of the car today at 3.30pm. Got it home and it felt like a snail. Just wouldnt move no matter which gear and how much clutch-throttle input. So got a friend to drive it back with me to the showroom and he confirmed the same. The showroom guys were all on their way home, guess mine was the only delivery of the day. And so, a junior got someone to drive it and he said that the diesel they filled in has water. But apparently the reserve light turns on with some additional drops lit up around it in such cases. And mine just had the reserve light on cause it probably had 5ltrs of diesel.
So i refused to take the car back home and just took a walk. Told them to take it back to the service center and fix things first. So much for being all excited about a new car!

Smiles below before it all went sour!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20200207wa0025.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 11:31   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the world of M&M. People keep flaming Tata dealers/vehicles for various issues, some real and some perceived, but IMO M&M dealers are no better. I also had issues with my Scorpio in the 1st week itself, which were satisfactorily resolved only after firing a rocket up the dealer's and M&M customer care's southern extremities.

Even if the dealer fixes this issue, don't let it go unreported. Please send a stinker to Head - Customer Experience, Mr. Abdul Syed, on SYED.ABDULHANIF@mahindra.com (taken from Marazzo website) with a cc to customercare@mahindra.com, so that they are aware what an excellent delivery and initial owner experience their dealers are facilitating. This will also let the dealership know that you aren't a customer that they can take for granted, and keep them on their toes when you give your vehicle for servicing to their workshop.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 8th February 2020 at 11:42.
comfortablynumb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 16:11   #357
BHPian

Anybody installed Roger AB Duo? How is the performance? Is there any negative views for this product?

Below is the link of the product-

https://www.rogermotors.com/productdetail/rogerab-duo

I am planning to install in my Marazzo M6.
Old 16th March 2020, 12:21   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm still seeing discount ads in the newspaper for the BS4 Marazzo here in Chennai for M8, M6 and M4 variants. Every morning, I get an almost primeval response in my head to pick up the phone and call them. But I don't need the Marazzo, so my head prevails.

It's such a crying shame that no one seems to be picking up these beautiful machines!
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 15:08   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah what a bummer. Anyway - congratulations on the acquisition. I love the Marazzo really. And I hate it that very few of them are actually seen on the roads.

Did you get your car back soon? How is it going since then? I hope all is well & you can enjoy your new car now as it should be?
Old 17th March 2020, 07:34   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah what a bummer. Anyway - congratulations on the acquisition. I love the Marazzo really. And I hate it that very few of them are actually seen on the roads.

Did you get your car back soon? How is it going since then? I hope all is well & you can enjoy your new car now as it should be?
Thank you! Yes, they did fix it and it was poor quality fuel that caused it.
I have clocked about 1500kms so far - 65kms to work and a trip to Konkan over the holi weekend. It serves the purpose and is a great family car. Ride quality is amazing and something I had read in the reviews but it is simply to be experienced. All basic features you would expect but a few flaws too. Not exactly a driver's car but I got a great deal so am not complaining. Hope to start an ownership thread soon - been typing away for a few days.

Quote:
Anybody installed Roger AB Duo? How is the performance? Is there any negative views for this product?
Do you really see the need? I felt the suspension and ride quality are amazing already. If you have installed the side step as an accessory, these will not help probably. You simply have to go over the bumps a bit slower in my experience to avoid scraping.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 17th March 2020 at 07:41.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks