Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 11:57   #391
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Well, there was this BS6 Marazzo review back in January 2020 in what looks to be a dealer's storage lot:
The only addition I found is the start-stop system

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st September 2020 at 19:23. Reason: Video in quote removed
Old 18th September 2020, 19:30   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Needs some expert advice for floor covering lamination mats and seat covers. Both items are available in M2all website?

Which seat cover material is good?

Should I buy it from Mahindra estore or go for after market shop?
Full floor covering and seat covers are available in m2all, with various options in seat covers. However after you order them, you need a visit to branch to get them fixed. I went for after market fitting which costed me 15k inclusive after a good bargain.

I have this feeling in my mind to change my marazzo car full body painting without any police hassles. Need information on where I can do it like only in mahindra authorized service centre or can I opt for after market body shops and how much it'll cost to my pocket. Also came to know that I need to take RTO approval post the changes and if so, what I need to do at RTO?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th September 2020 at 22:58. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 20:36   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Full floor covering and seat covers are available in m2all, with various options in seat covers. However after you order them, you need a visit to branch to get them fixed. I went for after market fitting which costed me 15k inclusive after a good bargain.
Thanks for response, however I was installed floor mat and seat cover long time back from the show room.
Old 24th September 2020, 12:48   #394
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo turned into a Campervan for 4 people by Motohom and being used in partnership with Maharashtra Tourism.

(No association with the YouTube channel owner).
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 20:11   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• For owners, there are 2 financial benefits to the Marazzo's 1.5L engine size. One, it's cheaper to buy due to the lower excise duty slab (compared to the 2.2L). Second, insurance premiums will be lower.

Should that be interpreted as "the 2.2 mHawk is a better engine, but console yourself with the lower insurance premiums?"

And has mahindra missed an opportunity by not giving such a heavy people mover the 2.2?

And if the 1.5 is that good, why havent they placed it in the Thar, and taken advantage of the sub-4m regulations?
turbo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 20:37   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Should that be interpreted as "the 2.2 mHawk is a better engine, but console yourself with the lower insurance premiums?"

And has mahindra missed an opportunity by not giving such a heavy people mover the 2.2?
+1 to that. I owned Xylo and I was looking for a capable people mover with equivalent 3rd row space in Marazzo and an equivalent 2.2 MHawk engine but was disappointed on both fronts. I test drove Marazzo several times to convince that the new 1.5 L engine probably could be a capable replacement but the results of the test drive made me hate Marazzo more.
cs_rajesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 00:01   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
+1 to that. I owned Xylo and I was looking for a capable people mover with equivalent 3rd row space in Marazzo and an equivalent 2.2 MHawk engine but was disappointed on both fronts. I test drove Marazzo several times to convince that the new 1.5 L engine probably could be a capable replacement but the results of the test drive made me hate Marazzo more.
Blimey, you're the third person that I'm hearing on the forum who is being crystal clear that the 1.5L engine does injustice to the Marazzo. Thanks for sharing.

Interestingly, Dr.Pawan Goenka revealed his thoughts on some of the decisions that were made for the new Thar. One of them is the avoidance of a smaller, cheaper engine; Mahindra have at least gotten the engine for the Thar right by thinking coherently. One wishes that they had had the same wisdom when they mauled and murdered the Marazzo and others like the TUV 300 at birth by plonking small capacity engines into them -

Quote:
Having smaller-capacity engines, 4x2 drivetrains and a lower price would bring in an initial flood of customers, but this would fizzle out and would require deft balancing of the profit margin too. It’s something an executive would do to get a quick promotion, but not what someone playing the long game would do.

And credit here goes to Mahindra’s team of long-serving stalwarts, who have wisely not fallen for the ‘quick and large volumes but small margin’ trap. Rather than trying to get more people to pull out their wallets, Mahindra has worked towards appealing to those who will open them wider. This will only build the brand, increase desirability for potential customers, and profitability for its makers.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-bl...cisions-418375
locusjag is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:41   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Blimey, you're the third person that I'm hearing on the forum who is being crystal clear that the 1.5L engine does injustice to the Marazzo. Thanks for sharing.
Wondering how many of them are real owners. With 1600 kms under my belt with the Marazzo i believe i am qualified to hazard an opinion. You cannot drive it like you would drive an Mhawk. This is a different animal. And you need to understand its power delivery. Once you understand it the Marazzo is very easy live with and never feels underpowered. The engine has a very good mid range and effortlessly cruises at 90-100 kmph at the same time returning stellar fuel efficiency.
JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:40   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Wondering how many of them are real owners. With 1600 kms under my belt with the Marazzo i believe i am qualified to hazard an opinion. You cannot drive it like you would drive an Mhawk. This is a different animal. And you need to understand its power delivery. Once you understand it the Marazzo is very easy live with and never feels underpowered. The engine has a very good mid range and effortlessly cruises at 90-100 kmph at the same time returning stellar fuel efficiency.
Well, to be fair, one of our moderators had similarly rented a Marazzo and driven it to the Coorg hills a while back. He had stated that you need to know which gear to be in in order to extract performance out of the Marazzo's engine. He was very clear that once you do the needful with the gear lever, this car is great to drive.

I think the trouble is in applying yardsticks to judge the product; seeing its huge size, people are expecting a Xylo's or Scorpio's big-engined driveability out of it (i.e., ample low-end grunt with minimal accelerator inputs, relaxed RPMs at speed etc.).

I think if a hatchback owner drives a Marazzo without ever having tried driving a 2L engined car, they'd be okay with the Marazzo. The others who've expressed their unhappiness with the 1.5L heart of the Marazzo are ex-Xylo owners.
locusjag is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 02:35   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Coming from i20 petrol family, I completely loved Marazzo

Quote:
May be it's because of absence of low end torque and at times me too stalled my engine in 2nd gear but got used to the ride. Nevertheless, I would say this is a smooth car and not a MUV type which can handle with full capacity and do justice to the ride.

Quote:
Yes, I drove i20 earlier to Marazzo and feel no big deal in riding this car.

Quote:
I think the trouble is in applying yardsticks to judge the product; seeing its huge size, people are expecting a Xylo's or Scorpio's big-engined driveability out of it (i.e., ample low-end grunt with minimal accelerator inputs, relaxed RPMs at speed etc.).

I think if a hatchback owner drives a Marazzo without ever having tried driving a 2L engined car, they'd be okay with the Marazzo. The others who've expressed their unhappiness with the 1.5L heart of the Marazzo are ex-Xylo owners.
I loved this car right from test drive because of it's big size but never had a comparing feeling in mind with Xylo and others, as I'm well aware it's a 1.5L engine but had a feeling on it's performance. After 2 test drives within a week, all my doubts are clarified, took decision and bought this car home.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 10:08   #401
BHPian

So we sold our XUV 500 last year and have been postponing purchase of a larger car for some time now.
The Marazzo is now in my radar due to the comfort factor. The test drive I did was ok. The engine is not great in the leagues of XUV but not bad either. But the mid row comfort was excellent.
I love diesels and the power available on tap and hence XUV before.
Need a car that can store lots of luggage plus 4 adults and a kid. Rarely 6 adults.
My family always had a grouse with XUV in that the middle seat was not comfortable (and we want middle bench only due to the flexibility to to stow more luggage in the third row with 3 adults in middle).

So now I'm in a dilemma
Driveability for me or sacrifice that for family comfort and luggage.
So question to marazzo owners
1. How does the marazzo do in long trips. I do that quite frequently. I maintain a 120 to 130 on highways. Sometimes tempted to 140. And hate lack of power especially with overtakes.
2. I could do only a city drive. Is the mid row comfort holding up over longer drives?
3. How is body roll. Important factor as half my family has motion sickness issues and roll is not acceptable. 15 min in the scorpio and I had 2 passengers puking.

Crysta is priced crazy. The mid version is 22L on road and not planning to spend that amount of money.

Ertiga is petrol now, and not a big fan of the lightweight build more importantly.

Seltos, i don't know. Love the car but the mid row cannot seat 3 adults and STIFF suspension.

Harrier seems too unwieldy for me.

So now it's down to large comfortable acceptable Marazzo or a 5 seater with a good engine and large boot space and far better second row comfort than Seltos or back to mid version of XUV again.
srivibhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:36   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
1. How does the marazzo do in long trips. I do that quite frequently. I maintain a 120 to 130 on highways. Sometimes tempted to 140. And hate lack of power especially with overtakes.
2. I could do only a city drive. Is the mid row comfort holding up over longer drives?
3. How is body roll. Important factor as half my family has motion sickness issues and roll is not acceptable. 15 min in the scorpio and I had 2 passengers puking.

1. Just one word to describe it - "brilliant". Although i drive in the 90-100 Kmph range only. The hushed silent cabin and good ride add to the comfort.
The relatively small tank of 45 L may be bothersome on long drives.

2. My wife who is very prone to motion sickness has no complaints from the middle seat. For comparisons i get a lot of complaints from the rear seat of my 4th gen Honda City.

3. No significant body roll. But then i don't attempt high speed corners in the Marazzo. Ride is much better than XUV and leagues ahead of the Scorpio. Does not have the side to side swaying of the XUV.
JediKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:54   #403

I own a marazzo, & drive a lot.
We did a long road trip of 7 days, 2500 km , 7 days for a trip to MP & via back Rajasthan,
We were, 4 persons, 2 adults & 2 kids, 11 & 7.

We drove on all kind of roads excepting hilly in this trip ( had also driven to hills, a lot as I stay in NCR), & the trip was fantastic, a fair part by my wife.
My younger son has bad history of motion sickness, he was also ok.

Excellent ride comfort, hushed cabin, fantastic AC, decent power, brilliant match between the strength of ladder frame & comfort of FWD.
BTW, I owned a Ertiga Zdi before this, driven for around 1.2 lk km.

I have driven umpteen numbers of times in Agra & Lucknow expressway, & feel the journey feels best around 100 km only.

To sum it up, this is a Mahindra, which doesn't feel like a Mahindra.
Ajkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:29   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post

Crysta is priced crazy. The mid version is 22L on road and not planning to spend that amount of money.

Ertiga is petrol now, and not a big fan of the lightweight build more importantly.

Seltos, i don't know. Love the car but the mid row cannot seat 3 adults and STIFF suspension.

Harrier seems too unwieldy for me.

So now it's down to large comfortable acceptable Marazzo or a 5 seater with a good engine and large boot space and far better second row comfort than Seltos or back to mid version of XUV again.
Marazzo is more like a car than a MUV or SUV type. Very calm and brilliant engine performance, now don't compare this one with regular SUVs. Can cruise on 100 easily, absolutely no lack of power even if it's in 140 and over taking other vehicles but that will be rare scenario I believe.

Coming to the comfort in second row, I have a 7 seater and the captain seats in middle row are absolutely spacious, more than Innova seat comfort (feeback I got from people who travelled in both Innova and Marazzo).

Coming to the body roll, we upgraded from i20 and so I keep getting the complaints of body roll from my family that too in the city limits and considering my driving nature it is expected . Zero complaints here when we are on highways.

Now after experiencing the Marazzo car, I'm not liking any 5 seater cars when comfort matters, be it seltos or creta or duster.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:11   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Just one word to describe it - "brilliant". Although i drive in the 90-100 Kmph range only. The hushed silent cabin and good ride add to the comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkumar View Post
I own a marazzo, & drive a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Marazzo is more like a car than a MUV or SUV type.
Gentlemen, we have the three of you Marazzo owners out in the open - which is a rare occurrence. So I might as well pick your brains on this.

What about the Marazzo's performance in the hills-
1) Being a FWD, does it struggle with a full load in hairpin bends or other steep inclined surfaces?
2) Do you need to slip the clutch a lot on the inclines or is it a simple matter of downshifting and letting the available torque in the lower gear do its work?

Lastly - if you were to cruise at 100 Kmph, what's the engine noise like inside the cabin? I'm wondering why other ex-Xylo owners have complained about the lack of a relaxed engine (reference: posts on this same thread a few posts ago). Does the engine noise permeate inside?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks