Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 13:37   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

A real life side crash survived by the driver of a Marazzo M6! Goes on to build confidence in it's 4 Star NCAP rated body shell and platform!!

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-mahindramarazzotruckaccidentimages3811.jpg
The Aftermath

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-mahindramarazzoaccidentwithtrucksideviewde70.jpeg
The ill fated Marazzo

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-mahindramarazzoaccidentwithtrucka346.jpeg
The Tata Truck (?407)

Link :- https://indianauto.com/stories/mahin...fe-nid5820/amp

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 2nd June 2020 at 13:38.
AdityaDeane is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 18:06   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Congrats! Do pen an ownership review. Marazzo owners are too quiet on the forum.

Thanks for sharing. What's your experience like with a full load? Have you had any ground clearance issues? But then again, if the FB post which I had pasted above is true, then Mahindra seem to have 'rectified' GC issues as of a certain date...
Thanks. I will update the forum once i spent more time with it. Due to the lock down i have not driven much. The ride quality tests were done with just two adults. One of the adults was 104 kg (me). The other adults weight is unknown but should be around 75-80 kg ( guessed ) I have not yet experienced full load conditions. And's too early to comment on any GC issue since the sample size is too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A real life side crash survived by the driver of a Marazzo M6! Goes on to build confidence in it's 4 Star NCAP rated body shell and platform!!
From the alloys looks like an M8. Marrazo feels well put together. The outer-skin ( may or may not have impact on safety ) is not paper thin like Japanese cars nowadays.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 18:38   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
From the alloys looks like an M8. Marrazo feels well put together. The outer-skin ( may or may not have impact on safety ) is not paper thin like Japanese cars nowadays.
It is an M8 like JediKnight rightly spotted from alloys. Checks out on Parivahan portal as an M8. Indeed the Marazzo is well put together & these images show that the side impact protection is quite good even if it's not tested by GNCAP for side impact. (Considering it is 4 star rated and not 5. Side impact testing is done only for the 5th star if the car is eligible based on frontal test AFAIK.) Of course we don't know what speed the truck was doing, but looking at the cab's status - it was not slow by any means and if I'm alive in a Marazzo after this impact - I'll consider the car very safe!

And wow! Look at that truck's cab. Its hardly believable that the car that got T-Boned is almost intact! Good for the occupants & glad that they are safe. I hope the same was the fate of the occupants of the truck's cabin. Now that's a Tata-Mahindra competition we don't really want to see.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 20:49   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the alloys looks like an M8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It is an M8 like JediKnight rightly spotted from alloys. Checks out on Parivahan portal as an M8.
I also thought so, till I zoomed in the image and it looks like it's written M6 and not M8, I may be wrong. I just wrote what I saw! Also, the owner could have opted for the Alloys from the top model from the showroom itself, we never can know.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_202006102046162.png

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 10th June 2020 at 21:02.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 16:20   #380
BHPian

Quote:
The 16 inch ride is significantly better while going over broken surfaces/pot holes/speed breakers. I dropped M8 just because of this reason. And decided to go for a white M6 but ended up with a black M4.
Wow!
I haven't driven anything but an M8 and I find the ride quality of M8 really good. Can't imagine how good it would be in the 16 inch models!
Old 26th June 2020, 10:59   #381
BHPian

Quote:
I also thought so, till I zoomed in the image and it looks like it's written M6 and not M8, I may be wrong. I just wrote what I saw! Also, the owner could have opted for the Alloys from the top model from the showroom itself, we never can know.

Attachment 2015511
Exactly my feelings on the first glance, alloys are from M8 but the variant on the car indicates a M6 model. May be the owner would have exchanged the OEM 16 inch with M8 alloys which comes with 17 inch.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 14:19   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Exactly my feelings on the first glance, alloys are from M8 but the variant on the car indicates a M6 model. May be the owner would have exchanged the OEM 16 inch with M8 alloys which comes with 17 inch.
No. Its an M8. The visual "M6" is only an illusion due to the 3D emblem, car colour & ambient reflections on it. One of the segments in the 8 is simply getting camouflaged.

Why am I sure? The car is registered as an M8 and the details are available on parivahan portal of the RTO.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 20:16   #383
BHPian

Did the 20,000 kms service today.
Costed me a mere Rs 259.
259! Even the local car wash costs 500!
Marazzo is even cheaper to maintain than my RE!
TravelMonk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 20:27   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
Did the 20,000 kms service today.
Costed me a mere Rs 259.
259! Even the local car wash costs 500!
Marazzo is even cheaper to maintain than my RE!
Hi, was it the 3rd free service you went for? Or have you taken some Service contract with the MASS?
I was looking at the Marazzo m6 last year before buying the Scross ultimately. Almost closed the deal but backed out because the size was big and we drive our car ourselves. In Mumbai, it becomes a challenge to move around in a big car without driver.
I love the marazzo captain seats. My father was so comfortable he did not TD any other compact SUV. He said if it's a big car then it has to be Marazzo.
Also, how is your usage and what is the fuel efficiency you are getting?
Old 9th July 2020, 21:16   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Hi, was it the 3rd free service you went for? Or have you taken some Service contract with the MASS?

Also, how is your usage and what is the fuel efficiency you are getting?
Yes it was the 3rd service.
My usage is mixed. I've done some long and long-ish drives as well and use it as my primary car in the city as well. Although there's no daily commute assigned to it.
FE in the city is between 11-15, depending on how you drive and the traffic.
On the highway, the best I received was 18.5 during Pune-Mumbai. Otherwise I easily get 14-15 even if I drive at 110-120. 16-17 if below 100.
Old 10th August 2020, 19:39   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Marazzo coming in an AMT variant soon, torque convertor automatic variant would join in a little later, most likely with an upgraded BS-VI engine.

Link
Drivespark has speculated that the dispatch of BS-VI models of Marazzo may have begun already, even before an official launch. The company has reported that it had sold 20 units of Marazzo in July 2020, which are unlikely to be BS-IV models, hence sparking this speculation.
However, these figures could be that of the vehicle being shipped overseas too.
Here is the link to the article:
https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...66-032065.html
Old 11th August 2020, 13:13   #387
Senior - BHPian

The BS6 Mahindra Marazzo MPV will soon be launched with a choice of three variants, topped by the new M6+ priced at Rs 13.49 lakh.

BS6 Marazzo line-up will comprise three trims – M2, M4+ and M6+.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-smartselect_20200811131240_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...49-lakh-418273
Old 11th August 2020, 16:55   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Priced From ₹ 11.01 Lakh onwards.

Quote:
Marazzo BS6 pricier by up to ₹ 1.01 lakh.
It will be offered in three variants: M2, M4+ and M6+.
Top-spec M8 variant has been discontinued from the lineup.