Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 20:32   #481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Sad to see zero dispatches of Marazzo in the month of January. Also, with the launch of Kia Carnes and its killer pricing, I hope this car is going in for a slow death along with KUV100.
Old 17th February 2022, 13:59   #482
BANNED

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/mahindra-mara...spired-design/

Will this kind of a design help Marazzo? It should also come with a different name, and a reduced starting price of around 9L to succeed, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-mahindramarazzofaceliftdigitalrendering.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th February 2022 at 14:00.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 14:15   #483
BHPian

With increasing new car launches, don't why Mahindra is sitting quiet for Marazzo. Plus I see the prices have also increased. Base variant is 15.5L OTR while top end goes to 18L! Why would one pay so much compared to its rivals and own breed XUV700, I would rather pay a lac more and get XUV700 AX3/5 variant.

I'm searching for used Marazzo top end but hardly in open market. Some are restraining to go for Marazzo today due to lack of sales impact in future. Plus no info on ownership issues for same reasons.

Mahindra wake up! this is a brilliant product getting bulldozed now.
Old 28th February 2022, 23:14   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
With increasing new car launches, don't why Mahindra is sitting quiet for Marazzo. Plus I see the prices have also increased. Base variant is 15.5L OTR while top end goes to 18L! Why would one pay so much compared to its rivals and own breed XUV700, I would rather pay a lac more and get XUV700 AX3/5 variant...
Clearly Mahindra is not giving attention to the Marazzo. They just want to keep barely alive till they decide what they want to do with it.

I sometimes worry how will be Mahindra's support in case they decide to stop the product. And may be i should sell my Marazzo and buy something else.

But my past experience has been never to sell a car you love. You will always find ways to maintain a car that you really like.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 12:53   #485
BHPian

My Marazzo shield warranty is going to expire in first week of april, Sales guy quoted 23,000/- for two years /1,50,000 KM whichever is earlier.

Do you suggest to go ahead ? is it worth buying this ?
Old 18th March 2022, 13:56   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
My Marazzo shield warranty is going to expire in first week of april, Sales guy quoted 23,000/- for two years /1,50,000 KM whichever is earlier.

Warranty will only cover the manufacturing defects which generally crops up in 2-3 years of ownership going by the probabilities of error arising. In most cases after 3 years there are less chances of any manufacturing defects cropping up, most likely it will be due to the usage or something or the other nearing its life end. You will spend a good time fighting with ASC whether it will be covered under warranty or not. Please note it’s warranty not comprehensive AMC.

However, it’s your vehicle and the final call shall be yours it will give you the peace of mind.
abhikb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 15:28   #487
BHPian

The Marazzo went for the second service. Simple oil/filter replacement. Nothing much to report. The car is performing admirably, getting the job done without any tantrums.

Last edited by JediKnight : 8th April 2022 at 15:29.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 15:33   #488
Senior - BHPian

Marazzo has been discontinued, this is what I heard from my service advisor during my last visit to the dealer in Tumkur on March 11th.
Old 8th April 2022, 17:41   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Marazzo has been discontinued, this is what I heard from my service advisor during my last visit to the dealer in Tumkur on March 11th.
At the time of this writing Marazzo is very much available. Although the future of Marazzo is shaky. In case Marazzo gets discontinued i am looking forward to owning a rare and unique vehicle.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 23:14   #490

I just booked Marazzo M4+ in February. It is getting this week. Marazzo sales has slowly improved in the last months with 147 units sold in Feb and 249 units sold in March 2022.
Bazooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 17:25   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post

Yes - i would strongly advice that. My Marazzo went for the second service and i complained about poor pickup and ac performance. The turbo was not working as expected which was a surprise to me since my car has done only 12k kms since Feb'20. Apparently the air filter was clogged and that was the only reason the technician could think of. Car was under warranty so got away with zero expense on the turbo replacement.

Upon further discussion on the typical problems with the technician, got to know that turbo failure and rear axle issues are two issues with the Marazzo. As per him
- it's almost being made to order though not officially discontinued.
-Mahindra is focussing on the Scorpio and back orders of XUV700 and Thar so Marazzo has zero priority for Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20220409_124614.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 07:39   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Apparently the air filter was clogged and that was the only reason the technician could think of. Car was under warranty so got away with zero expense on the turbo replacement.
I am confused! So does it mean that the turbo replacement was an unnecessary replacement given the fact that the real culprit was actually the clogged Air filter?
Old 27th April 2022, 13:34   #493
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Glad to share that, I received my Marazzo on 3rd of April and loving every moment with it. It's an old school vehicle, among the current breed of high tech, feature rich MPVs. However, it has all the basic features to keep one satisfied and it's fantastic highway cruiser.

I have observed that the engine does not stall anymore while starting from stand-still, also while running, if the engine RPM is dropping below 1000 mark, the car maintains the 1000 mark and keeps running. I have noticed this in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears.

On the other hand, idle start-stop system is totally absurd , totally nullifying the 30 second idle rule.

Quote:
- it's almost being made to order though not officially discontinued.
This is true, since Mahindra has other vehicles in their portfolio, which are better ROI, IMO, hence the step-motherly behavior with the car. I think, they wait till certain bookings are collected and then run a batch production, especially now as the chips are under short-supply.

Quote:
I just booked Marazzo M4+ in February.
Congratulations, mate!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220427-12.30.04-pm.jpeg  

indianvirus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:41   #494
BHPian

With the increased prices of the all new Ertiga and especially XL6, I thought Mahindra has an opportunity here to give this car a good makeover and market it well. I had really liked the Marazzo and its simple robust design.

Few more features and sensible pricing would give a good healthy challenge to XL6 and even lower variants of Kia Carens I believe. Will Mahindra take this up!
Old 4th May 2022, 12:32   #495
BANNED

I really like the Marazzo design - whether it is the front, rear or side. It looked much better than the earlier Innova. The only grouse is its name. Marazzo! What is that!

Mahindra can reposition Marazzo to replace the hideous looking and named Xylo by doing 2 things:

1. Reduce the price of Marazzo
2. Rename it to something digestible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks