Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2023, 14:12   #601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
My vehicle broke down again today after exactly 11 months. Same issue. Clutch failure it seems. I'm waiting for towing van. Did anyone face clutch failures this often in Marazzo? I don't clutch ride and clueless what could be the root cause. Appreciate any help / pointers.
In this forum at least most owner's clutches seem to be fine with few of them crossing Lakh KM.

My vehicle had a clutch judder. That was fixed during service. They adjusted a screw that connects the cultch pedal to the master cylinder. After that the problem disappeared. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankhade View Post
Lately, my Car starts intermittently displays the engine light after about 15kms of driving and it continues to be in ON condition until I restart the car. Anyone else noticed this warning?
That's the engine check light. Take it immediately to the service center and get it checked. Can be injurious to the engine if you keep running in this state.

I had got the engine check light a year back. It was diagnosed to be related to one of the fuel injectors. The service center did some kind of injector flush to fix the issue.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 13:18   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
In this forum at least most owner's clutches seem to be fine with few of them crossing Lakh KM.

My vehicle had a clutch judder. That was fixed during service. They adjusted a screw that connects the cultch pedal to the master cylinder. After that the problem disappeared. Fingers crossed.
Today I received a call from Service manager saying all the clutch and flywheel are burnt. It has been only 11 months since it is changed and I dont do clutch ride. How do I argue with SA?

Last edited by vinKulk : 10th October 2023 at 13:47.
Old 10th October 2023, 16:34   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
Today I received a call from Service manager saying all the clutch and flywheel are burnt. It has been only 11 months since it is changed and I dont do clutch ride. How do I argue with SA?
Honestly nothing much you can do. It is just their word against your. And they will never except that they made any mistake. I would recommend asking for a good will discount on the repair.

Additionally when taking deliver this time make sure that the clutch pedal is properly adjusted. Implying it bites at the right point and is full disengaged at pedal down position and fully engaged when clutch pedal is released.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:32   #604
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Can someone throw light:

Marazzo is a Body on Frame vehicle with splendid space, ride, handling. Decent reliability, okayish Mahindra Service.

Some say it's a poor mans Innova.

Then Why does it sell<2000 nos annually?
Old 13th October 2023, 18:39   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Can someone throw light:

Marazzo is a Body on Frame vehicle with splendid space, ride, handling. Decent reliability, okayish Mahindra Service.

It lost the battle to Ertiga, not Innova. People apparently are ok with cramped 3rd row, but prefer higher mileage and maruti brand. Have been using one for 4 years now. Great people mover bought for 16.5L back then.

Last edited by Bullfrog : 13th October 2023 at 18:50.
Bullfrog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 22:08   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Can someone throw light:

I won't call it a poor man's Innova. In some aspects it is actually superior to the Innova.

I have changed my opinion over time on why it does not sell. Now I feel the main reason it does not sell is because Mahindra does not want to sell it. Try an experiment: Go to a Mahindra showroom and ask for a test ride and see what happens. Most likely you will be shooed away.

Mahindra has hit the jackpot with its recent hits: Thar, XUV700 and the Scorpio. They may not have the management bandwidth to tackle the Marazzo. But at the same time they know that the platform has potential, hence they are keeping it alive till they revive it. Just my two cents.
JediKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 10:05   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Honestly nothing much you can do. It is just their word against your. And they will never except that they made any mistake. I would recommend asking for a good will discount on the repair.

Additionally when taking deliver this time make sure that the clutch pedal is properly adjusted. Implying it bites at the right point and is full disengaged at pedal down position and fully engaged when clutch pedal is released.
Last week I received my car. It was in the service center for 1 week. Flywheel, clutch, and both celenders replaced. All looking good for now. After persistent request for discount, I got 25% good will discount.
vinKulk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 11:03   #608
BHPian

Hello everyone. I've been facing an issue on my Marazzo since some time now. The issue is a momentary loss of power while accelerating. It's not large enough to cause a problem but it's not small enough to ignore. I've usually observed it at lower gears and lower rpm while accelerating. The first time i observed it was on a vacation to Kodaikanal and i attributed it to the lower air pressure in the hills and maybe a choked air filter. At the next service i mentioned this to the SA and it was written in the paper but I couldn't demonstrate it to him and they found nothing wrong. It's been almost a year since then and the issue occurs on every trip now a bit more frequently. I'm a seafarer so I've been at sea since 5 months now and the car doesn't get much road time but my brother says the problem is still there. There's no abnormal noise or smoke or anything just a momentary loss in the acceleration at low speeds like how you'd say the heart skipped a beat. Anybody else faced this problem? The car is due for service this December and I'm planning to get it rectified somehow.
Old 25th October 2023, 19:06   #609

Hi, This is clutch slipping due to clutch over heating, happens mostly in ghat sections with slow moving traffic and in bumper to bumper traffic, where you may tend to manage the lower gears with clutch frequently. It feels like loss of acceleration or elastic/rubber band effect in lower gears. Acceleration would be normal again when the clutch cools down a bit after a short pause of 30 minutes, for example. Please check from that aspect.
K.GOUNDER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 06:30   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.GOUNDER View Post
Hi, This is clutch slipping due to clutch over heating, happens mostly in ghat sections with slow moving traffic and in bumper to bumper traffic, where you may tend to manage the lower gears with clutch frequently. It feels like loss of acceleration or elastic/rubber band effect in lower gears. Acceleration would be normal again when the clutch cools down a bit after a short pause of 30 minutes, for example. Please check from that aspect.
I've to see this. As I'm not home I'll tell my brother to check. But if this is the issue then will i have to change the clutch assembly?
Old 26th October 2023, 09:14   #611

If the vehicle drives normally again, after clutch cooling down, then nothing to worry, all is fine and no clutch replacement needed. But remember to handle the clutch cautiously when you are stuck in slow moving dense traffic for hours together. Also you may take short breaks for the clutch to cool down if you are stuck in ghat roads for long time. This is normal for all the dry clutch vehicles and nothing specific about Marazzo. You may also ask for general clutch inspection when you go for service in next two months.

Last edited by K.GOUNDER : 26th October 2023 at 09:16.
K.GOUNDER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 09:45   #612
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a used 8 seater diesel MPV with a maximum 7L budget in Pune/Mumbai. Within this budget, the only options in the market are the Innova, old Ertiga, Lodgy & Marazzo.

The Ertiga is not spacious enough. The Lodgy has questionable reliability with numerous injector and clutch issues reported across the forum. The Innovas in this budget are atleast 9 years old and have 1.5L+ km on the odo. Not to mention the abysmal mileage and truck-like driving feel.

Me & Dad test drove a 58k driven Marazzo on Spinnys and loved the space and refinement. The power figures are adequate while the reported mileage figures are an icing to the cake. Sadly, this vehicle was out of budget so had to let it go.

Nevertheless, the decision after the test drive was a no- brainer for all of us - our next vehicle is definitely going to be a Mahindra Marazzo

In this budget I am able to get M2 variants from 2018 & 2019 with 50-75k on the Odo. It would be helpful if owners could pitch in with their opinions on the following questions -

1. Clutch life - the test drive vehicle from Spinny had a clutch overhaul done at 52k on the odo which seems quite premature. Even if I treat this as an abnormality, what is the life I can expect from the clutch if treated well? Also, what would be the obvious signs of clutch wear to look at?

2. Part failures I need to be vary of? I've seen reports on Team BHP and elsewhere of AC compressors giving up prematurely (~₹60k if I'm not wrong - Can't recollect where I got this figure from though). Assuming any vehicle I purchase would have exhausted the warranty, what other parts do I need to be vary of and budget for while searching for vehicles.

3. Engine life - Is the powertrain good for 1.5L km? I've seen enough ads on OLX for taxies and personal vehicles alike with higher odo readings. However if anyone on the forum could pitch in on the additional service costs / part failures that have been added with the higher mileage of the vehicles? (I know there is a report a few posts back of gearbox failure at 1.5L - My bias towards this vehicle wants to treat this as an anomaly rather than the rule )

4. Service costs - Most ownership reports suggest 5-8k for regular servicing every 10k km. If this is true then it trumps the Fiat Multijet engine big time! Any comments to ratify the cost mentioned above?

5. Are spares readily available for this vehicle?

If owners want to suggest any other points to look out for, it would be appreciated.

Also, any leads of vehicles available in this budget would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th November 2023, 10:42   #613
BHPian

@AlQuazi

I am a proud owner of a Mahindra Marazzo M8 since 2019. The odometer currently reads 131,000 km. So far, it has been a pleasant journey with many ups and downs.

Regarding parts replacement, my AC compressor has gone kaput twice, once during the warranty period and another after the warranty expired. The ICE was replaced during the warranty period.

Another issue is the velvet-like material covering the wheel well. It tears easily, especially during the monsoon season. Once the material gets wet, it becomes heavier and tears off from its attachment. This part was replaced twice under warranty. It is currently torn in many places, but I am waiting for it to completely come off before replacing it before the next monsoon.

Another part that was replaced was the suspension under warranty. After around 80,000 km, there were loud noises from both the front and back. After multiple inspections, they replaced the entire suspension under warranty. After that, there have been no such issues.

My shock absorbers (both front and rear left) were replaced after 120,000 km.

Regarding the clutch, there have been no clutch issues so far, but the brake pads have been replaced three or four times.

Regarding service cost, all my services have been done at Mahindra ASS. They have been very helpful, and every service, including the replacement of the AC compressor, ICE, etc., was done without any fuss, during the warranty period or not. The service cost comes around 6-7k per service, including consumables and labor costs.

If the warranty is over, you can get services done outside, and the cost will be less.

Parts availability is not much of a problem. You can get them directly from Mahindra or source them from BOODMO.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my Marazzo.
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 12:22   #614
BHPian

My close friend's family owns a Marazzo and I have extensively driven it. I can confidently say that it is the most underrated MPV available under 20L. As someone said, it is actually superior to the Crysta is some aspects. The major reason behind its failure to sell is poor marketing strategy and the lack of an AT box. The engine, the space, interior quality, and overall practicality are unmatched in its price bracket. If Mahindra relaunches it with updated interiors and exteriors, adds their fantastic 6-speed auto, and most importantly, markets it well, they will have another successful vehicle on their hands.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:14   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
My close friend's family owns a Marazzo and I have extensively driven it. I can confidently say that it is the most underrated MPV available under 20L. As someone said, it is actually superior to the Crysta is some aspects. The major reason behind its failure to sell is poor marketing strategy and the lack of an AT box. The engine, the space, interior quality, and overall practicality are unmatched in its price bracket. If Mahindra relaunches it with updated interiors and exteriors, adds their fantastic 6-speed auto, and most importantly, markets it well, they will have another successful vehicle on their hands.
Nothing will happen, they will lose money.

Mahindra customers do not associate the brand with such a vehicle, the areas that Mahindra is strong does not resonate well with MPV buyers either. So they have to really go out of their comfort zone to innovate in the MPV segment, given how successful they are right SUVs, I doubt of there is any incentives to re-enter this market.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks