Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:57   #586
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapoor11 View Post
Hello Everyone,

We own a 2018 Marazzo M4 8str which has recently completed 25,000 km. I was thinking of getting seat covers fitted on it to enhance the comfort and for a breath of fresh air, considering that it is almost 5 years old.
I had asked for the price of seat covers in the local market and was told they would cost around 11-12k rupees. Though at the time of writing this the M2all website seems to be down, I recall the prices of the seat covers to be approximately 9k rupees.
I would like to ask fellow BHPians if the official seat covers by Mahindra are of good quality and built to last or not. I am biased towards getting the official ones as the Marazzo is an 8str with tumbling seats, folding seats, arm rests, etc. I have a feeling that the Mahindra ones would be better. Some of my acquaintances have seat covers installed (in other models) in the outside market and some of them aren't able to use their rear seatbelts (usually the middle one) due to seat covers not being customized for them properly.

Also I was thinking of getting fog lights installed due to the inadequate lights of the M4 model. I asked in the external market... They said that they would source the headlights from Mahindra and then install them. If this is the case I would prefer getting them done at Mahindra, as there isn't a major price difference. Also fog lights would enhance the look as currently the front look is compromised due to two massive pieces of black plastic. Will the fog lights have a good throw enhancing visibility in night/rainy conditions?

I would like ask fellow BHPians for their respected views and plan of action.
Any accessories you wish to install, you can buy from Authorized Showroom itself. They are of good look and quality only. I own a 2021 M6+ model and i have bought all the necessary accessories from the showroom itself. Not a single piece from outside.
msa.30789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 09:08   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa.30789 View Post
Any accessories you wish to install, you can buy from Authorized Showroom itself. They are of good look and quality only. I own a 2021 M6+ model and i have bought all the necessary accessories from the showroom itself. Not a single piece from outside.
Thank you for your response... I have decided to go ahead for the accessories from Mahindra. We had also installed a few chrome linings at the time of delivery and they really are of great quality.
I had asked the accessories manager in the workshop and he had sent me the prices as follows (he claimed them to be including installation)
1. Seat Cover- 10,517
2. Fog Lamps- 4,578
3. Fog lamp wiring- 1,450

These accessories weren't readily available so he had ordered them. They are expected to come in a week.
Old 25th July 2023, 19:10   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapoor11 View Post
Hello Everyone,

We own a 2018 Marazzo M4 8str which has recently completed 25,000 km. I was thinking of getting seat covers fitted on it to enhance the comfort and for a breath of fresh air, considering that it is almost 5 years old.
I had asked for the price of seat covers in the local market and was told they would cost around 11-12k rupees. Though at the time of writing this the M2all website seems to be down, I recall the prices of the seat covers to be approximately 9k rupees.
I would like to ask fellow BHPians if the official seat covers by Mahindra are of good quality and built to last or not. I am biased towards getting the official ones as the Marazzo is an 8str with tumbling seats, folding seats, arm rests, etc. I have a feeling that the Mahindra ones would be better. Some of my acquaintances have seat covers installed (in other models) in the outside market and some of them aren't able to use their rear seatbelts (usually the middle one) due to seat covers not being customized for them properly.

Also I was thinking of getting fog lights installed due to the inadequate lights of the M4 model. I asked in the external market... They said that they would source the headlights from Mahindra and then install them. If this is the case I would prefer getting them done at Mahindra, as there isn't a major price difference. Also fog lights would enhance the look as currently the front look is compromised due to two massive pieces of black plastic. Will the fog lights have a good throw enhancing visibility in night/rainy conditions?

I would like ask fellow BHPians for their respected views and plan of action.

I got seat covers done locally for my 7 seater. It cost me 8500. There was option of 6500 also, but the rexin was thinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230724_163220.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230724_163200.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230724_163129.jpg  

aju000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:23   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by aju000 View Post
I got seat covers done locally for my 7 seater. It cost me 8500. There was option of 6500 also, but the rexin was thinner.
The fit and finish is looking fabulous and the price is also reasonable. My family members are preferring to go ahead with Mahindra official covers.
I will post the final product once installed.
kkapoor11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 21:12   #590
BHPian

Yesterday's drive.
Started from Nilambur by 12.30 p.m. I drove to Thrissur to pick my daughter from the hostel and reached home in Manjeri by 7.30 pm.
The route taken is Nilambur-Pandikkad-Melattur-Alanallor-Mannarkkad-Kalladikkode-Palakkad-Wadakkanchery-Mannithy-Thrissur. Return to the same route. Took breaks for around 30 minutes.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230727_192858.jpg
Old 28th July 2023, 21:15   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Nice color. The job is very neat and clean
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 22:47   #592
BHPian

I reached this milestone tonight. It was just over 3 years and 6 months. I am very happy with my Marazzo,even though it has its own niggles.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230729_215623.jpg
Bonemechanic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 11:27   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
I reached this milestone tonight. It was just over 3 years and 6 months. I am very happy with my Marazzo,even though it has its own niggles.
Attachment 2483355
What are the niggles that you mentioned? I am a new owner, so just to stay alert.

Also does anyone know whether continuous use on eco mode cause any problems?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2023 at 11:41. Reason: Capitalising. Please take the time to construct your posts.
aju000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:20   #594
BHPian

Quote:
What are the niggles that you mentioned? I am a new owner, so just to stay alert.
My ac compressor was replaced twice, my ICE was replaced once, and my foglamp was replaced once.
You can read it here.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5541031 (Marazzo Diaries - The Shark visits Coorg and Tholpetti Wildlife Sanctuary).
The velvety thing covering the wheel well peels off in the monsoon.

Quote:
Also does anyone know whether continuous use on eco mode cause any problems?
I hardly used normal mode; it may be less than 5% of total ODO. I haven't faced any problems till now.
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 19:30   #595

I own a marazzo that has run 124k kms over 4 years. Today as I was doing a 500km journey from Chennai to coimbatore, the car stopped near tindivanam(2 hrs from Chennai) around 8 am. Problem I believe was either the gearbox or clutch or transmission. There had been a grinding noise for the past 500 kms, and the car just came back from service 10 days ago- where the SA wanted to remove both the gearbox and the engine to check the noise. Considering they weren't sure of the cause, and there was no faulty errors on the dashboard, we didn't want to touch the mechanicals of the car. 500 kms later, the gearbox finally gave up I guess.

The grinding sound later changed to clunking sound, and then there was instances of gear slippage- engaging 4th gear, down from 5th made it to clank a lot and not engage- reengaged 5th gear. Kept avoiding going to 4th gear for some 20 mins on the highway and all seemed well (shifting between 3rd, 5th and 6th). Suddenly the noise became too loud and gear didn't engage (no matter which one)- this is when the car couldn't move an inch. Called up the Mahindra toll number at 8.20 AM- got a call from nearest Mahindra SC at Villupuram saying it's better to bring get the car towed to SC that was ~40 km away from my stranded point. After i told them my location, they quoted 4500 for towing. I didn't negotiate as I didn't see any other mechanic shop nearby and didn't bother exploring other tow companies that could be available on a Sunday morning.

Anyway, the tow arrived at 11.30 (3 hrs since the call to the Mahindra customer care) and the car reached Villupuram Mahindra service center at 1.30 p.m. As expected, I was told that this work would take more than a day as it's related to gearbox- so I was advised to leave the car there for some days. Considering the alternative is to tow to coimbatore where I live, which is a good 350 kms away, I decided to drop off the car and get a bus to coimbatore. Summarising, Mahindra marazzo has been a reliable rider till now and hasn't broken down even once before this 124k kms mark. Just that my previous ride was an Honda amaze that I drove for ~150k kms before replacing with marazzo and the diesel amaze never broke down once too. I do all the regular maintenance in both cars, but if I had to compare like for like, the Japanese really have got their cars running mechanically fuss free for long (electronics is a different issue).

The amaze clutch, gearbox and engine were solid and I feel might have gone for another 50k kms trouble free. Also a learning to never ignore grinding noises- I mistook it to be one of those Mahindra noises that come on after 1.2L kms, but I was wrong to make this silly assumption and more so to go on a long journey alone on it. I'd also have to mention that the marazzo is a solid car- these noises are usually filtered out and there was no other indication of gearbox failure apart from the noise- for example- there was no gear shaking or vibration in clutch. Also, there was an instance where the back left tyre got punctured and there were 3 occupants in the car- but none could notice it while driving with it at 100 kmph with window glasses closed.

I had driven for a good 15 mins before a good Samaritan overtook me and indicated the puncture. These experiences show that it's built solid and can handle a lot of mechanical stress- only that the durability of critical components is lower compared to the Honda's and Toyota's. I have to mention that the steering also developed a lot of 'play'- it is tilted at 30 degrees to the left to keep the wheels straight. If you had driven an old safari, you can relate. More annoying is the fact that the SA in the showroom consider this normal for mahindras over 1L which is just a very low bar. Tried wheel balancing at 3rd party but still does not go away (the amaze in comparison had pinpoint accurate steering, the best I've experienced).

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2023 at 19:36. Reason: Formatting for readability
PompousKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:26   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompousKnight View Post
Summarising, Mahindra marazzo has been a reliable rider till now and hasn't broken down even once before this 124k kms mark. Just that my previous ride was an Honda amaze that I drove for ~150k kms before replacing with marazzo and the diesel amaze never broke down once too. I do all the regular maintenance in both cars, but if I had to compare like for like, the Japanese really have got their cars running mechanically fuss free for long (electronics is a different issue).
Actually Marazzo seems more reliable than Mahindra's new offerings like XUV700/ScorpioN judging by the number of issues reported in this forum itself. One more thing I noticed about Mahindra is there processes are not very mature so every car is unique. Just look at the diversity of issues Marazzo owners have faced. But I would still rate Mahindra better than Europeans (VW/Skoda) and slightly better than Tata in terms of reliability. Nothing beats the Japanese of course in longevity and reliability.

Hope you get your car back and do a few more lakh kilometers on it.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:12   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There had been a grinding noise for the past 500 kms, and the car just came back from service 10 days ago
I had faced this issue in XUV500 couple of years back. Back from a service, noticed some strange noise couple of times when I was shifting gear. Initially I thought some external noise and I was getting confused, then make out its from the car after I did a long test drive.

Fortunately for me, I took the car to service center and they made out the issue from gearbox. On opening, noticed that a bearing (~ 500 rs part) has broken off and was fouling between the gears.

Long story short, had to replace multiple parts all amounting to around 20K, Mahindra waived off some 4K of that since the reason for the failure was not identified though the car was near to 1 Lakh KMs then.

For me, the parts took close to 10 days to arrive, partly since it was soon after lockdown with things not stabilized still.
Old 2nd October 2023, 19:30   #598

Quote:
I own a marazzo that has run 124k kms over 4 years. Today as I was doing a 500km journey from Chennai to coimbatore, the car stopped near tindivanam(2 hrs from Chennai) around 8 am. Problem I believe was either the gearbox or clutch or transmission. There had been a grinding noise for the past 500 kms, and the car just came back from service 10 days ago- where the SA wanted to remove both the gearbox and the engine to check the noise. Considering they weren't sure of the cause, and there was no faulty errors on the dashboard, we didn't want to touch the mechanicals of the car. 500 kms later, the gearbox finally gave up I guess.
Update:
~1.5 lakhs rupees bill for changing the entire gearbox unit (1 lakh) and flywheel+clutch kit (~40k). I know the car had run 1.2 lakh kilometers, but definitely did not expect to change the whole gearbox and associated parts unit. Reliability is still not something that Indian OEM's can provide sadly. Regret the decision to take the plunge, having shifted from owning Japanese cars for >20 years. Now, there is also an issue with the Turbo part of the engine. Makes zero sense for people with high running to own a Mahindra or Tata and expect a normal ownership lifecycle. For those with similar requirements as myself, beware.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd October 2023 at 20:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post
PompousKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 22:51   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
I escalated the issue to Mahindra, and service manager asked me to bring the vehicle for detailed inspection. He mentioned that he'll test the vehicle by keeping the clutch depressed in both hot condition (when vehicle has just completed few min of running) and cold conditions for few hours. If the clutch doesn't come back, then there's an issue with clutch. He also mentioned he'll check for any leakage. He kept the vehicle overnight.

Today afternoon he called and said no issue detected and clutch and cylinder are fine. He mentioned that it could be due to my driving habit in b2b traffic - In b2b traffic, I usually use break to stop and move vehicle with half clutch. I used to do the same with old clutch, but didn't see this issue. Not sure where's the issue.

VK
My vehicle broke down again today after exactly 11 months. Same issue. Clutch failure it seems. I'm waiting for towing van. Did anyone face clutch failures this often in Marazzo? I don't clutch ride and clueless what could be the root cause. Appreciate any help / pointers.
Old 8th October 2023, 10:41   #600

Lately, my Car starts intermittently displays the engine light after about 15kms of driving and it continues to be in ON condition until I restart the car. Anyone else noticed this warning?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_2023100810371088_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks