Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 13:25   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I have owned a Mahindra Marazzo M8 7-seater for the last 3 and a half years. I am very happy with my car, even though it has its share of niggles. (I think there is not a single car without niggles.) Marazzo is an MPV,so the need for a big engine is not necessary. The main duty of a marazzo is to move people from point A to point B. The 1.5-litre engine does its job very neatly. In my case, I drive in eco mode most of the time. In Eco Mode, the engine power is reduced to 100 bhp. I found that it can climb most of the hill with full passengers and luggage, even in eco mode. On my recent trip to Coorg with 3 adults and 2 kids and their luggage,the drive was very smooth, and the space for people and luggage was lavish.
AT is a miss in Marazzo. Mahindra should give at least an AMT in higher variants.
Mahindra failed to advertise Marazzo properly and failed to sell the product.
Bonemechanic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 18:54   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Scorpio N is in a different league. Even if the difference is in the range of 3-4 lakhs compared to Marazzo (budget permitting) and few bits of features less I will take that anyday.
It depends on what your priorities are. If passenger comfort is your priority then the Marazzo is far superior to the Scorpio N. For starters Marazzo has far lesser body movement while on the go. This is crucial factor which greatly impacts passenger comfort in long journeys. Marazzo's NVH is far superior to ScorpioN Diesel. ScorpioN's rear seat vents are close to the ground more towards the feet of the passengers. Where as Marazzo has roof mounted Air Vents which greatly improve passenger comfort. Moreover Scorpio N has no third row AC vents. Marazzo not only has third row AC vents but also the rear AC can be controlled independently with a sperate AHU with diffuse mode. Scorpio N's 3rd row knee room is laughable. On top Scorpio N the 2nd row bench cannot be adjusted, unlike Marazzo. Scorpio Ns third bench cannot be split unlike Marazzo where the third can also be split giving tremendous flexibility.

Last edited by JediKnight : 8th May 2023 at 18:55.
JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 12:06   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
It depends on what your priorities are. If passenger comfort is your priority then the Marazzo is far superior to the Scorpio N. .
Agree 💯%. I'm talking about the snob value, tall stance, abuse friendly nature of a suv, the 2.2 engine in higher tune is also worth noting. But if the touring aspects are priority and one can adjust and play around with that 1.5 liter esp in hilly areas and fully loaded then a big
Old 10th May 2023, 10:04   #574
BHPian

Why I choose Marazzo ?
My buying experience with Mahindra Marazzo and my recent visit to Coorg are posted here.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5544154 (Marazzo Diaries - The Shark visits Coorg and Tholpetti Wildlife Sanctuary)

Last edited by Bonemechanic : 10th May 2023 at 10:05.
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 12:52   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Agree 💯%. I'm talking about the snob value, tall stance, abuse friendly nature of a suv, the 2.2 engine in higher tune is also worth noting. But if the touring aspects are priority and one can adjust and play around with that 1.5 liter esp in hilly areas and fully loaded then a big
No denying the sexiness of the Scorpio N. But i am not so sure about its snob value especially in urban India. 20Lakh is the new middle class family car budget. Even the local thugs/politicians have moved on to the Fortuner. I think one needs to spend upwards of 50Lakh to have any snob value at least in the cities.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:52   #576
BHPian

This morning, when I started driving, the TPMS (accesory fitted) started beeping. The right front sensor showed low pressure. That tire had already gotten a puncture and been repaired. I stopped and filled the pressure using my tire inflator. I reached my destination safely. To repair the puncture, I went to a nearby tire shop. When they inspected the tire, this was the condition:
Air was leaking from the previous puncture repair area.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230522wa0038.jpg
Left front tire
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230522wa0040.jpg

Right rear
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230522wa0039.jpg

Left rear
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230522wa0037.jpg
In all these years, I have usually gotten 35,000 to 45,000 kilometers out of my car tires, regardless of the car or tire brand. These JK tires have already exceeded 43,000 kilometers. I was hoping for another 5,000 kilometers, but I have to change them now. The shop only had JK tires, so I decided to get another set of JK tires.

New shoes for MarazzoMahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230522_164737.jpg
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230522_164746.jpg

Tires cost 5200/- each. The overall bill came to 23,000/-.
Old 25th May 2023, 12:26   #577
BHPian

I own a 2011 first-gen Toyota Etios petrol, bought pre-worshipped in 2018. It isn't the greatest in the world, but I absolutely love it. A pleasure to drive, extremely comfortable, absolutely zero niggles, 100 per cent reliable, and still going strong. Still, I can't stop this itch to buy something new.

I came across a 2018 Marazzo M8, nearly 20K kilometres driven. I got to experience this car briefly - I did a cold start and took a small 2 km test ride. The engine was super silent, and the cabin was well insulated with almost zero noise and vibration. It was the first time I sat in Marazzo. Yes, I did stall in the second gear and also had to slot it into first to climb the narrow spiral ramp to take it out from the basement parking.

However, having owned a Mahindra Bolero, it surpassed my expectations by quite a significant margin. Even my petrol Etios is audible inside the cabin and has a few vibrations, but Marazzo hasn't any. We are a family of six, four adults and two kids, 9 and 11. And therefore, there is also a genuine need for a six-seater.

Coming back to the topic, the car in question is a 2018 Marazzo M8 with close to 20K on the odometer. The asking price, all-inclusive, is close to 10 lac. Is the price justified? Any specific Marazzo issues to look for? Does buying a five-year-old diesel make sense considering the government's erratic policies?

I am going for a longish test ride shortly. And will also be contacting the nearby Mahindra dealer for more details about the car.
Old 26th May 2023, 22:22   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Coming back to the topic, the car in question is a 2018 Marazzo M8 with close to 20K on the odometer. The asking price, all-inclusive, is close to 10 lac. Is the price justified? Any specific Marazzo issues to look for? Does buying a five-year-old diesel make sense considering the government's erratic policies?
Look out for premature clutch wear (some people have reported). Apart from this Marazzos have been very reliable. Also sometimes when you are off-turbo in high load situations the car demand's to be in first gear. Unlike say a DI bolero or the old Innova which can do it in second.

The first gear is very short and the Marazzo will climb the steepest slopes in first without an issue. There is a wide gap between first and second gear. Where the Marazzo really shines is, as a comfy family cruiser, in which in my opinion it is peerless in its class and above.
Old 29th May 2023, 11:29   #579
BHPian

On 28/05/2023, my family and I visited TK Colony near Nilambur in our Marazzo. TK Colony is situated approximately 18 km from Nilambur railway station. To reach there, we took the route via Pookkotumpadam, Chettipadam, Pottikallu, and TK Colony forest office. However, there is ongoing road construction work on the Nilambur Karuvarakkund road.

We turned from Pokkottumpadam to Chettikallu road, which, despite being narrow, was in very good condition. It was a bit tricky to give way to oncoming traffic on this road. Eventually, the road ended at the forest office. Along the way, we discovered several spots near the river where we could go and play. However, it is important to note that if it rains in the forest, the river may overflow without warning. Therefore, it's always advisable to listen to the advice of the local people.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-3cbc7fd0ab6247019c2b1409138545de.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-5ad7942be0db4a9c8041da157a5c57e6.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-8ca660f5cbef49cfbf94b8d1efba7b8e.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-3510f553c6aa4adab93156575c312623.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-23938623e30e4cf68c27d574beadfe62.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-d840849d2fad48c484149f905f5f7d0c.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-e91f23bb5f884f0e89dcdf5ba248907e.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9420.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9430.jpg

Banyan tree over the rock
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9571.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9572.jpg

The road we took
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9573.jpg

Shark
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9576.jpg

Road ends here.A walkway to the forest
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9594.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9595.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_9603.jpg
Old 4th June 2023, 12:38   #580
BHPian

As per this post about April 2023 sales, NO Marazzo's were dispatched to dealers in April 2023. It is NIL. So can this be construed that the Marazzo has been discontinued permanently?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-analysis.html (April 2023 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

Also, some news articles such as the one given below sort of hint that the Marazzo might be discontinued soon.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ph...0335351-1.html

As said in this article, would it be worthwhile for Mahindra to invest further on a product which is only selling below 500 units a month, when they have lakhs of bookings pending with New Scorpio, XUV700 and New Thar?

There is high chance that they might NOT upgrade the vehicle to BS6 Phase II and to accommodate 6 air bags.

Last edited by trail_lover : 4th June 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Grammatical corrections
Old 19th June 2023, 19:32   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_lover View Post
As per this post about April 2023 sales, NO Marazzo's were dispatched to dealers in April 2023. It is NIL. So can this be construed that the Marazzo has been discontinued permanently?
Marazzo has some dispatches in May 2023. It implies that Mahindra has updated Marazzo to Bs 6.2 and not discontinued it.

The engine in Marazzo is now also being used in XUV300 and Thar RWD albeit in a slightly different state of tune. All these vehicles are B6.2 compliant.
Old 24th June 2023, 15:42   #582
BHPian

I have completed 120,000 km and had my car serviced accordingly. However, due to my relocation, I had to switch to a different authorized service center (ASS). This time, I visited Eram Motors in Nilambur, which is a smaller service center. Unfortunately, readily available spare parts were scarce, so I had to make two separate visits to complete the entire service. Despite this inconvenience, I must commend them for their sincerity and efficiency. Since there weren't many cars to service, they promptly began working on my vehicle. Furthermore, they upheld their promise regarding the delivery time and returned the car to me in a washed and clean state.

The 120,000 km service includes the replacement of several components. It involves changing the elemental filter, brake fluid, HVAC filter, and air filter element.

I visited the service center for the first time on June 19th, where I had the routine 120,000 km service performed.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_150025.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145824.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145804.jpg

During my recent service visit, I inquired about the status of my brake pads, as I was informed during my previous visit that they would likely need replacement by the next service. Upon inspection, it was confirmed that the brake pads were indeed due for replacement.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0034.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0036.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0038.jpg

While my tires were being changed, the service center informed me that the rear shocks were in very poor condition. Taking their advice, I asked them to further inspect the shocks, and it was confirmed that they were indeed due for replacement as well.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0035.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0037.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img20230624wa0039.jpg

Since the service center did not have the necessary spare parts readily available, they placed an order for them. Once the spare parts arrived, I revisited the service center on June 24th. This time, the job was completed remarkably quickly. I arrived at the service center at 9 a.m., and by 9:05 a.m., they had already opened a job card for my car. I received a call notifying me that the car was ready by 12 noon.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145743.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145633.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145546.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230624_145517.jpg

I am really happy with Eram motors Nilambur,Mahindra service center. Gmap pin is given below.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5eKGs1576DtmvPFu7.
Bonemechanic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:31   #583

Hi, I am a fresh Marazzo owner after buying a used Marazzo M8 (2018 - Maroon). Can anyone give me suggestions for roof carriers which would not spoil the appearance, but would improve the luggage capacity significantly when the last row cannot be folded.
Old 19th July 2023, 09:39   #584

Hello Everyone,

We own a 2018 Marazzo M4 8str which has recently completed 25,000 km. I was thinking of getting seat covers fitted on it to enhance the comfort and for a breath of fresh air, considering that it is almost 5 years old.
I had asked for the price of seat covers in the local market and was told they would cost around 11-12k rupees. Though at the time of writing this the M2all website seems to be down, I recall the prices of the seat covers to be approximately 9k rupees.
I would like to ask fellow BHPians if the official seat covers by Mahindra are of good quality and built to last or not. I am biased towards getting the official ones as the Marazzo is an 8str with tumbling seats, folding seats, arm rests, etc. I have a feeling that the Mahindra ones would be better. Some of my acquaintances have seat covers installed (in other models) in the outside market and some of them aren't able to use their rear seatbelts (usually the middle one) due to seat covers not being customized for them properly.

Also I was thinking of getting fog lights installed due to the inadequate lights of the M4 model. I asked in the external market... They said that they would source the headlights from Mahindra and then install them. If this is the case I would prefer getting them done at Mahindra, as there isn't a major price difference. Also fog lights would enhance the look as currently the front look is compromised due to two massive pieces of black plastic. Will the fog lights have a good throw enhancing visibility in night/rainy conditions?

I would like ask fellow BHPians for their respected views and plan of action.
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:53   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aju000 View Post
Hi, I am a fresh Marazzo owner after buying a used Marazzo M8 (2018 - Maroon). Can anyone give me suggestions for roof carriers which would not spoil the appearance, but would improve the luggage capacity significantly when the last row cannot be folded.
Please go for Integrated roof carrier as an accessory from the company itself. It wont spoil the looks of the car and also it ll increase the luggage carrying capacity. You can check from your dealership itself. Dont buy from any third party vendors.
msa.30789 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks