Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 17:58   #631

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I observed strange issue with my marazzo last weekend. I was slowly crossing the signal (around 10kmph), when suddenly the I saw the overspeed warning and stereo volume increased accordingly (it is mapped that way). I also saw that stearing became very tight ( like manual). I somehow managed to get to side of the road and parked for few minutes. After restart it was fine.

I think that overspeed issue happened last year also once, though I can't reproduce it. SA said he also didn't know.

Any idea what could be the issue? What to check?
Old 13th February 2024, 18:31   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
I observed strange issue with my marazzo last weekend. I was slowly crossing the signal (around 10kmph), when suddenly the I saw the overspeed warning and stereo volume increased accordingly (it is mapped that way). I also saw that stearing became very tight ( like manual). I somehow managed to get to side of the road and parked for few minutes. After restart it was fine.

I think that overspeed issue happened last year also once, though I can't reproduce it. SA said he also didn't know.

Any idea what could be the issue? What to check?
I also experienced the same thing after a regular service. The overspeed warning once came while reversing the car too. It was diagnosed as an ABS sensor issue, which was replaced, and the car is fine after that.
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 07:15   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
It was diagnosed as an ABS sensor issue, which was replaced, and the car is fine after that.
Ok. My service is due this month. Will get it inspected. I don't understand why the steering became hard. Will check that too
Old 16th February 2024, 14:30   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
Ok. My service is due this month. Will get it inspected. I don't understand why the steering became hard. Will check that too
As the vehicle speed increases the steering assist is reduced and becomes zero after a certain speed. I believe in your case since the car "thinks" that it is going at high speed it switched off steering assist hence your steering became hard. This issues should get resolved automatically once you get the incorrect speed reading issue fixed.
JediKnight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 22:03   #635
BHPian

Hi Hello Everyone,
My Marazzo rear cam was damaged in my last body shop work in June 2023 at Hitech city, Hyderabad SC and from there on I'm living with no proper rear cam as getting one looks like impossible. Have enquired at SC, showrooms, few shops outside but all in vain.

Anyone here who has references for the same? Appreciate your help!
Old 18th February 2024, 08:49   #636
BHPian

I have to buy cover for my Marazzo. Last time, I bought it from M2all. It fit perfectly. However, this time I ordered it from Amazon. It was not what was shown in the image. There was no provision for antenna. Even side mirrors were not carved out properly.

Are there any recommendations for where can I buy the cover? Any Amazon links?
Old 26th February 2024, 05:45   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
I have to buy cover for my Marazzo. Last time, I bought it from M2all. It fit perfectly. However, this time I ordered it from Amazon. It was not what was shown in the image. There was no provision for antenna. Even side mirrors were not carved out properly.

Are there any recommendations for where can I buy the cover? Any Amazon links?
You can try in Amazon, please try the given link below.

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=marazzo+ca...s_ts-doa-p_9_7
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 15:22   #638
BHPian

Hello all:

I currently own a Honda City (2021) CVT with approximately 20,000 kilometers on the odometer. In 2022, we acquired an automatic KWID for my spouse, primarily using it as our weekend city vehicle, even accommodating six individuals (four adults and two children).

Since obtaining the KWID, we've shifted the Honda City's usage to predominantly highway trips. However, as my children are growing, I've realized it's not ideal for short outings anymore. Consequently, I'm considering replacing the City with a "proper" 7-seater within a reasonable budget.

I've come across a 2020 M8 model with around 30,000 kilometers on the odometer, boasting a clear service history and excellent condition. I'm seeking advice on a suitable price to offer for it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 28th February 2024, 16:03   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Hello all:

I currently own a Honda City (2021) CVT with approximately 20,000 kilometers on the odometer. In 2022, we acquired an automatic KWID for my spouse, primarily using it as our weekend city vehicle, even accommodating six individuals (four adults and two children).

Since obtaining the KWID, we've shifted the Honda City's usage to predominantly highway trips. However, as my children are growing, I've realized it's not ideal for short outings anymore. Consequently, I'm considering replacing the City with a "proper" 7-seater within a reasonable budget.

I've come across a 2020 M8 model with around 30,000 kilometers on the odometer, boasting a clear service history and excellent condition. I'm seeking advice on a suitable price to offer for it.

Thank you in advance.

I had the 2014 Honda City and now have a 2020 Marazzo. I had both cars simultaneously for a year. For highway use Marazzo is way better than the 4th gen city on comfort. Poor road noise insulation on the City plus short gearing make the City a lousy highway car, especially on concrete highways. So not only will get extra seats but also a much comfier highway cruiser in the Marazzo. I would recommend getting the BS-4 version if possible.

Last edited by JediKnight : 28th February 2024 at 16:04.
Old 1st March 2024, 10:37   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I had the 2014 Honda City and now have a 2020 Marazzo. I had both cars simultaneously for a year. For highway use Marazzo is way better than the 4th gen city on comfort. Poor road noise insulation on the City plus short gearing make the City a lousy highway car, especially on concrete highways. So not only will get extra seats but also a much comfier highway cruiser in the Marazzo. I would recommend getting the BS-4 version if possible.
Thank you for your feedback. I find myself in a comparable situation presently, except with a 5th generation City. Numerous YouTube reviews express a positive outlook on how Mahindra has strategically positioned, planned, and executed a true competitor to the Innova, sitting between the Ertiga and Innova models.Could you offer any advice on the price range we should consider for a 2020 M8 model with approximately 30,000 kilometers on the odometer?
Regards
Vasanth
Old 1st March 2024, 14:43   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Thank you for your feedback. I find myself in a comparable situation presently, except with a 5th generation City. Numerous YouTube reviews express a positive outlook on how Mahindra has strategically positioned, planned, and executed a true competitor to the Innova, sitting between the Ertiga and Innova models.Could you offer any advice on the price range we should consider for a 2020 M8 model with approximately 30,000 kilometers on the odometer?
Regards
Vasanth
No idea about prices pal. Not very good at it either hence will not even hazard a guess. Marazzo sold in small numbers especially to private buyers, so I guess price would be more a function of the condition of the car in question. Since the sample set is small it would hard to get an idea about the "average" price. I would recommend go for a good specimen that fits in your budget. It won't matter in the long run even if you overpay a little bit. As long it is a good vehicle that suits your purpose and serves you for a long time.
Old 11th March 2024, 12:28   #642
BHPian

Got to testdrive M6+ 2020 over the week end. I need some opinion and advice.

The service history of the vehicle says there was some issue with gear shifts in 1st 3rd and 5th gears (all the odd ones). It also says that it was covered under warranty and the gear box got replaced (has this been the case for any here? need advice on this). I also found the gear shift especially the 1st gear to be hard (is it common?).

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasasnth
Old 17th March 2024, 14:06   #643
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Query to my fellow BHPians: Marazzo monthly sales are < 200 pcs. Wouldn't it make more sense to utilise the assembly line for higher selling products such as XU700 & Scorpio? This would boost capacity & surely the retooling would make sense.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:39   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Query to my fellow BHPians: Marazzo monthly sales are < 200 pcs. Wouldn't it make more sense to utilise the assembly line for higher selling products such as XU700 & Scorpio? This would boost capacity & surely the retooling would make sense.
I believe Mahindra knows the potential of the Marazzo platform hence they want to keep it alive till they get a chance to relaunch it. Right now it seems they don't have bandwidth. Mahindra has artificially throttled the sales to a low level. Even in current form it can easily do ~ 1000 pieces a month.
JediKnight is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 10:24   #645
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I believe Mahindra knows the potential of the Marazzo platform hence they want to keep it alive till they get a chance to relaunch it. Right now it seems they don't have bandwidth. Mahindra has artificially throttled the sales to a low level. Even in current form it can easily do ~ 1000 pieces a month.

Thats makes sense. They've already sunk in the capital cost so nursing the line till better times is plausible. I only hope this vehicle bounces back soon.
INDIAFIRST is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks