Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 16:26   #556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
The Mahindra Marazzo is a wonderful car, but Mahindra failed to capitalize on it. The design is good, the practicality is superb, and the driving is also smooth. It has good fuel efficiency and a 4-star Global NCAP safety rating. You can comfortably accommodate 7 or 8 persons, but the engine never feels lethargic
I completely agree with you. When I started my search for a 7 sitter car last year Marazzo was in the checklist because of all the reasons mentioned above. But somehow did not get the confidence about its continuity.
This was around August last year.
This car is a good alternative to Innova Crysta with an added advantage of a lesser price tag. M&M did not market it properly and it lacks few of the flashy features which one expects in a car in the 18 L bracket. It lacked AT and the 6 air bag option.
But having said so it was a proper 7 sitter with a decent boot space and good safety rating.
This would have definitely given Ertiga a run.
PhoenixInRising is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 13:34   #557
BHPian

One of my friends is the market for a 7 seater. His requirements are:

1. Need diesel with a yearly running of 30 K kms
2. Manual is okay
3. Budget is strictly 15 lakhs

The ertiga CNG is a no go because he needs a decent boot space (okay with folding seats down)

I'm tempted to suggest the Marazzo as:

1. It fits his bill
2. Is a discontinued model, so there are discounts
3. Many parts are shared with other Mahindra models - so maintenance should technically be easy.

My questions are

1. Is it a wise decision to buy the Marazzo? With the sky high used market, it makes no sense to go for an Innova with that budget = he'll get only 10 year old models
2. What discounts can he aim for? All the dealers seem to have a lot of inventory. I'm advising him to try to get 3-4 lakhs in discounts.
buzzy_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 14:33   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Is it a wise decision to buy the Marazzo
Do you get a Marazzo in 15L OTR? I was enquiring in September 2022, the top variant was quoted 19.2 (Cruise was a mandatory requirement for me).

My daughters' school was using a Marazzo, 4 teenagers and 3 adults (including the driver) travelled. So practicality wise its fine. You have to see if you can live with the white/beige interiors.

You may also want to read about how the Mahindra 1.5 diesel has been in the BS6 avatar. This might be the decision making point.

Anything below Crysta/Hycross/Carnival is not a proper 6-seater, more of a 4+2 seater. If its only kids who are going to use the 3rd row, it would work,

BTW can BS6.1 cars be registered? Since they came into force 1st April 2023.

Otherwise your next choice would be Kia Carens 1.5D
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 15:35   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Do you get a Marazzo in 15L OTR? I was enquiring in September 2022, the top variant was quoted 19.2 (Cruise was a mandatory requirement for me).

BTW can BS6.1 cars be registered? Since they came into force 1st April 2023.
The base model costs 16 L. The dealer, without any negotiation, is offering 125000 discounts.

Yes. Per my understanding, cars manufactured before Apr 2023 can still be sold.
buzzy_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 16:37   #560
BHPian

Quote:
One of my friends is the market for a 7 seater. His requirements are:

1. Need diesel with a yearly running of 30 K kms
2. Manual is okay
3. Budget is strictly 15 lakhs

1. Is it a wise decision to buy the Marazzo? With the sky high used market, it makes no sense to go for an Innova with that budget = he'll get only 10 year old models
2. What discounts can he aim for? All the dealers seem to have a lot of inventory. I'm advising him to try to get 3-4 lakhs in discounts.
No one offers so big discounts. The dealers and the manufacturer announce a product demise only when stocks are cleared or nearly cleared. IMHO, gone are those days of random, unplanned excessive production followed with sudden discontinuation leading to huge discounts to clear inventory.

If I have a fixed budget and seek a true 7 seater and do not like Ertiga and the likes (Alcazar or Carens), I would definitely seek the Marazzo, even if it is getting discontinued. For what it is, that car is a fantastic car. The engine pulls 7-8 people effortlessly, the diesel torquey engine and BOF build is what I seek in an MPV that has to pull so much weight and presently no other MPV is BOF apart from Innova Crysta. Also spacewise, I find the korean twins looking big from outside but not so practical space inside especially for last row.

I am sure many are running old models of Scorpio, Xylo and other discontinued Mahindra models and their maintenance is not that bad, in comparison to the maintenance of discontinued cars of foreign manufacturers like the Ford, GM, Fiat etc.

Look at BMW X1 Diesel, sporting 1.5 liter diesel engine, whose price is recently hiked to 51 Lakhs or 1/2 a crore! I would imagine, it is Mahindra's indifference to the MPV segment and hugh focus on SUV and pseudo SUV segments. Mahindra has already so many bookings of those SUVs and pseudo SUVs and cars on waiting, that they hardly need to look at Marazzo. Marazzo, being their own child (not something they took from Ssangyong), unfortunately doesn't get their creator's attention, at the least to put on some makeup and make it more attractive to private and commercial buyers. Yet, All said and done, it is a good buy IMHO, as this kind of BoF MPV with frugal diesel engine will soon become extinct.

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 13th April 2023 at 16:46.
cs_rajesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:57   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Per my understanding, cars manufactured before Apr 2023 can still be sold.
The real question is whether non-RDE compliant BS6 cars can still be registered. They were not allowed during the previous emission transitions.

Another point you may want to check is how recent the car is. Recent years, no dealer is stocking cars. When I checked last year, they weren't sitting on stocks, but could get it under a month. This was the story for Marazzo as well as Scorpio Classic S11.
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 16:08   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The real question is whether non-RDE compliant BS6 cars can still be registered. They were not allowed during the previous emission transitions.

As per this carwale article, BS 6.2 will be launched soon. Marazzo is not getting axed.

https://www.carwale.com/news/mahindr...etails-leaked/

There are multiple articles online which mention that Veejay Nakra from Mahindra has confirmed Marazzo will not be discontinued.

I even checked with my contact at Mahindra dealership in Pune this morning. The car ia available with a waiting period of 45 days.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 20th April 2023 at 16:19.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 19:09   #563
Senior - BHPian

I think what Marazzo really missed was a proper AT. That would have been a fantastic offering but I have no clue as to why M&M did not give it in the Marazzo. Maybe it would interfere with the sales of the 7OO or Scorpio but I think if I look for a 7 seater, this would be it.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 11:09   #564
BHPian

Marazzo is pitted against a monster 2.4/2.8 diesel Innova/Crysta but with a pony 1.x engine. At least in higher variants this should have had 2.2 in full glory (should have designed the engine bay) with an Auto option. Then this is an alternative to Innova/Crysta. Everything else is a typical Mahindra - great pick up and handling potholes etc. Anyway Scorpio N is taking care of Crysta top to bottom unless someone is looking for an elegant people mover with T badge (*cough* small time politician...*).
sgmuser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:46   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Marazzo is pitted against a monster 2.4/2.8 diesel Innova/Crysta but with a pony 1.x engine.
After three years with the Marrazo I would say that the puny 1.5 is actually not that bad. Has great refinement and decent mid range power. On top very good fuel efficiency. In my experience easily gives 3-4 kmpl over the T 2.4. Lets not talk about the T 2.8 AT which is a guzzler. Also has much lesser insurance premium.
JediKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:56   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Marazzo is pitted against a monster 2.4/2.8 diesel Innova/Crysta but with a pony 1.x engine. At least in higher variants this should have had 2.2 in full glory (should have designed the engine bay) with an Auto option. Then this is an alternative to Innova/Crysta. Everything else is a typical Mahindra - great pick up and handling potholes etc. Anyway Scorpio N is taking care of Crysta top to bottom unless someone is looking for an elegant people mover with T badge (*cough* small time politician...*).
I AM a proud owner of Marazzo M6+ for the past 1.5 years and about 35000 odd kms. I have did three Hill station trips fully with 6 passengers and loaded luggage carriers. Actually the engine is more than powerful practically than on papers. It has a good pickup, ( Infact from 40 kmph to 100kmph is Quicker than Innova) smoother and silent engine compared to Innova. May be the negative word of mouth by third party mechanics due to their difficulty in servicing affected it sales in Taxi segment, while lack of intent from Mahindra Sales Team (poor marketing) and lack of Latest features and add-ons affected its sales in personal use market. Covid lock down along with chip shortage dented its sales further.

Last edited by msa.30789 : 4th May 2023 at 17:58.
msa.30789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:16   #567
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

An under rated vehicle this Marazzo. It was way way superior to the ugly Xylo. But as many have said, the big let downs were the smaller 1.5 litre engine tuned for economy and not performance and the lack of an AT.
If they had allowed the Marazzo to flourish with the 2.2 Mhawk it would definitely have been able to give some competition to the Innova Crysta.
These Toyotas are seriously over priced in India.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 22:40   #568
BHPian

On side note, the 2.4 or 2.8 in Innova is not great either and not tuned to it's full CC capability. I'll eat my own words actually for the way Toyota tunes it's engines. They are always undertuned for longevity I used to think. Not even FE or refinement. Try pushing old gen Innova beyond 100 kmph and one will know how unrefined and noisy they are. My wish for a beautifully looking marazzo is to have 2.2 (140 hp atleast) and that Aisin 6 speed TC for the top end variants. This should attaract the family buyers a lot. The image now is spoilt as mostly people buy it as commercial vehicle in m2 or one above variants.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:38   #569
BHPian

Govt has announced 6 airbags will be necessary for M1 vehicles from 1st October 2023. Can we expect Marazzo with 6 airbags from October onwards?

I've a booking of Scorpio N, might change that to Marazzo with 6 airbags and an automatic variant.
Old 5th May 2023, 10:53   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Govt has announced 6 airbags will be necessary for M1 vehicles from 1st October 2023. Can we expect Marazzo with 6 airbags from October onwards?

I've a booking of Scorpio N, might change that to Marazzo with 6 airbags and an automatic variant.
Scorpio N is in a different league. Even if the difference is in the range of 3-4 lakhs compared to Marazzo (budget permitting) and few bits of features less I will take that anyday. Go anywhere attitude/capability/ruggedness plus that commanding view is worth that extra. ONLY Fortuner is the competition for N, so N is in different league (even with it's niggles in the infancy). Fortuner costs easily double. Marazzo is also slightly older and may not get that much attention due to the SUVs bring in the moolah for M. This can actually open the door for more haggling with the dealer. This is the only advantage.

Last edited by sgmuser : 5th May 2023 at 10:56.
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks