Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2022, 19:20   #511
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post

4. It was doing descent numbers in the Bs-4 guise. Then it was paused for some time during Bs-6 post that the number did not really recover. Here is my analysis why it does not sell:
Thanks for your feedback @JediKnight. Makes a lot of sense.
Yes, the lack of features is pretty obvious. Even the top spec M6+ does not have what we now consider standard safety features such as ESP and comes with just 2 air bags. This is largely offset by the 4* rating which gives it the tag of safest MPV in India and rightly so.

But, as you pointed out, aam junta are looking for features, appearance and bling first and safety is just an added bonus. And so this would figure very low in their aspiration list. I personally dont dislike the appearance, not a head turner for sure but not ugly either. Infact, to me it looks way better than an Innova.

I am interested in the M6+ variant and would have preferred an AT. I think if Mahindra could plonk in an AT variant of the Diesel, it would do this a world of good. All other manufacturers are offering AT in some guise or the other, across their multiple offerings. Really strange why Mahindra has chosen to ignore this.

Thanks for allaying the concerns on long term ownership and serviceability. A few others have also echoed similar views.
Old 15th July 2022, 20:10   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Hi fellow Bhpians...I need your advice regarding the Marazzo.

I am on the lookout for a comfortable 7 seater, primarily to be used by parents plus the occasional (yearly 2 or 3 times) trip with my wife and kids. My budget is Rs. 15L max (ex-sh) and average usage is about 500 Kms max per month. So basically low to medium usage, with more frequent short trips (under 30-50Km), primarily along state highways of Kerala.
My dad doesn't drive, so will be chauffeur driven with sedate driving style. Needs to have decent creature comforts, would prefer automatic and with sufficient safety kit. Due to the low running, a petrol would have been ideal.
Since your usage is low, it will be chauffeur driven, you prefer an automatic and you need it to be fuss free, Ertiga is your best bet. The K15C engine may not be enthusiastic to drive, but it is very fuel efficient, and is built for easy urban commute. You may even find the fuel efficiency to be close to the marazzo.I think Ertiga also scored 3 stars in GNCAP like the Carens. Interiors may not be convincing, I understand. Take a test drive and then consider/reject it. Both the Marazzo and Ertiga.
Benoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 22:31   #513
BHPian

Mahindra has officially confirmed that it won't pull the plugs on Marazzo. So, we can expect an Marazzo facelift in a year or two.

Link to the original news article

Last edited by msa.30789 : 6th August 2022 at 22:33.
msa.30789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 16:02   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa.30789 View Post
Mahindra has officially confirmed that it won't pull the plugs on Marazzo. So, we can expect an Marazzo facelift in a year or two.

Link to the original news article
I always had a feeling that the super low number of Marazzo sales is primarily due to production constraints imposed by Mahindra on the car.
Old 12th August 2022, 19:09   #515
BHPian

Quote:
C. Poor marketing by Mahindra. What a silly name for a car. Mahindra is just not bothered to sell Marazzo. They know that Marazzo will not sell with price /feature mixture point. They seem to be content to just keep it alive. Maybe they have plans to revive it later. They know that platform has great potential. Maybe thier hands are full with current sieres of blockbusters from Mahindra - Thar/XUV700/Scorpio with waiting list running into years.
To add on to this, the lack of interest from the dealerships itself is appalling. I visited a dealership in a tier-3 city which sold Mahindra passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles under the same roof. I went to the showroom really excited since I really like the design. Myself/father went straight to the passenger vehicles section and were searching for a Marazzo. A sales rep comes and asks us what we were looking for, the moment we utter Marazzo, he points us to the other side of the showroom. Yep, the commercial vehicles section where a base white M2 was on display in all it's glory. We checked the car inside out with no one interested to even explain the features, etc. When asked for a quotation, we were asked if we were looking for a yellow plate or white plate. The showroom had XUV5OOs in stock back then and they were pushing us to consider the base variants of the 5OO. That experience was enough to push the vehicle out of consideration - not because they had an M2 on display, but because of the dealership experience. My parents were not impressed and that Taxi image they created at the showroom did not help either.

Fast forward 4 months, the Carens was launched, the dealership experience in the same city was typical Hyundai/Kia where they showed every nook and cranny of the car to my parents, made them feel comfortable, and the rest is history. Every time I see a Marazzo on the road, I let out a sigh. A brilliant capable vehicle orphaned by it's own maker. This had all the potential to become the "budget Innova". Mahindra left the entire segment to Maruti/Kia on a silver platter. They have only themselves to blame for the failure of the vehicle.
furyrider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:05   #516
BHPian

Very true. When I went ahead to book my car in April 2021, they didn't have any car on display. Till the time i took delivery in August 2021, no model of Marazzo was on display and I was explained the features and controls only in the car which was supposed to be delivered to me. Inbetween these 5 months both Xuv7oo and Carens were launched and I am very much happy with buying Marazzo ( as it satisfies my requirement) and didn't regret that I missed two best sellers.

Quote:
I always had a feeling that the super low number of Marazzo sales is primarily due to production constraints imposed by Mahindra on the car.
Eagerly waiting for a Marazzo facelift from Mahindra and hope they do rectify the mistakes made with this product and hope they do give all the engine and gearbox options, in addition to having extra features.
msa.30789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 21:32   #517
BHPian

Has M&M deleted the "cruise control" feature from Marazzo? The brochure does not explicitly state the presence of CC.
Old 19th September 2022, 18:15   #518
BHPian

So my flawless experience with the Marazzo came to an end. My car developed juddering in first gear all of a sudden. 2.5 years old with just 8500 KM on the clock.

Clutch abuse is ruled out. I go out of the way to avoid riding the clutch. All my previous cars were sold with the factory clutch.

Apart from me the only other person(s) who have driven my car are the service center pick up and drop guys. I have used pick and drop for all the past services. The service center is good 30Km odd through dense traffic. A lot of damage can happen in a few minutes if the clutch is not used properly.

I will observe the issue for some more time before taking any action. The judder is only in first gear on start. There is no slip after the clutch engages. Apart from this the vehicle performance is perfect.

Last edited by JediKnight : 19th September 2022 at 18:21.
Old 20th September 2022, 17:38   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Has M&M deleted the "cruise control" feature from Marazzo? The brochure does not explicitly state the presence of CC.
Yes the feature was removed with the launch of BS6 Version I believe. That is when the M8 was replaced with M6+ as the top end and a few features deleted.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 00:16   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A service alert has been sent for all XUV300s - petrol and diesel - for clutch disc assembly change.
Quoting RavenAvi from the XUV300 thread. Mahindra has a service alert for XUV300 clutch disc assembly. I wonder if Marazzo also has a similar alert. Since Marazzo and XUV300 have exactly the same clutch set. Or maybe Mahindra just ignored Marazzo because of the low numbers it does.
Old 20th November 2022, 13:02   #521

Hi all,

This is my first post on Team Bhp. I've been reading the forums regularly and I bought my Marazzo (pre-owned, 2019 model, M6, Odo-26k) this Feb after reading nice reviews.

I bought Marazzo from car dekho B'lore, which provided six months warranty. All was going fine. All this while I had driven my Swift VDI, and took me some time to get used to this MPV.

Last month, my vehicle broke down in the middle of a flyover. I could not slot the gears and felt that even clutch wasn't coming back fully. Took it to Mahindra pps kodathi (Sarjapur Rd). He told that clutch is gone and even flywheel needs to be replaced. Estimation: 38k. Since the vehicle was not starting at all, I agreed to it and got clutch , flywheel replaced. Now the clutch is smooth but I'm seeing two issues:

1. I get burning smell inside cabin if I drive this car bumper to bumper traffic for 15-20 min. SA advisor says this is normal and I need to use neutral and handbrake in such traffic. Is it true? I never saw such burning smell with my Swift diesel.

2. In such traffic situation,I also observed that, done time, my clutch doesn't come back full. I have to nudge it to get back to come back to normal position. To this SA said that as pressure plate gets heated in bumper traffic, the clutch doesn't come back fully. He said this will never happen when clutch plate is not heated. Though, I'm yet to notice this clutch behaviour in highways.

I need your opinion to understand if is a normal behaviour for Marazzo? Do I need to get anything checked before this issue blows up and result in severe damage to gear box or engine?

Thanks,
VK
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:00   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post on Team Bhp. I've been reading the forums regularly and I bought my Marazzo (pre-owned, 2019 model, M6, Odo-26k) this Feb after reading nice reviews.

I bought Marazzo from car dekho B'lore, which provided six months warranty. All was going fine. All this while I had driven my Swift VDI, and took me some time to get used to this MPV.

Last month, my vehicle broke down in the middle of a flyover. I could not slot the gears and felt that even clutch wasn't coming back fully. Took it to Mahindra pps kodathi (Sarjapur Rd). He told that clutch is gone and even flywheel needs to be replaced. Estimation: 38k. Since the vehicle was not starting at all, I agreed to it and got clutch , flywheel replaced. Now the clutch is smooth but I'm seeing two issues:

1. I get burning smell inside cabin if I drive this car bumper to bumper traffic for 15-20 min. SA advisor says this is normal and I need to use neutral and handbrake in such traffic. Is it true? I never saw such burning smell with my Swift diesel.

2. In such traffic situation,I also observed that, done time, my clutch doesn't come back full. I have to nudge it to get back to come back to normal position. To this SA said that as pressure plate gets heated in bumper traffic, the clutch doesn't come back fully. He said this will never happen when clutch plate is not heated. Though, I'm yet to notice this clutch behaviour in highways.

I need your opinion to understand if is a normal behaviour for Marazzo? Do I need to get anything checked before this issue blows up and result in severe damage to gear box or engine?

Thanks,
VK
Dear Vinukulk,

I also own a pre-owned Marazzo M8 2019 December model bought from cars24. I had bought it in December 2021. It had 13K kms on the ODO then. Now it has 26K kms.

Based on my 13k kms driving with Marazzo, I noticed that I get burning smell only when I use heavy clutch in inclines/ prolonged drive in bumber to bumper traffic. After I realized this, I started to mould myself to use the clutch judiciously and now I rarely get Marazzo into the burning smell situation. In the traffic signals, I immeadiately get it to neutral.

Coming to your point 2, I never experienced this.

The clutch on my vehicle was replaced under warranty, before it came into my hands. The previous owner has got it replaced with this burning smell problem itself. I have not faced any clutch related problems till now.
Jaya Kumar Satr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:00   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post

1. Burning smell is not normal behavior in Marazzo or for that matter any car. Do not try to ride/half clutch as much as possible. If you are not riding/half clutching and still getting the burning smell that implies that the clutch is not engaging fully even when fully released which should be checked. If you keep getting burning smell you are looking at another clutch failure soon.

2. I am not sure if clutch heating can cause this behavior. But a weak master/slave cylinder can also cause this. A master/slave cylinder failure can cause the clutch pedal to drop to the floor making the vehicle unusable.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:25   #524

Quote:
1. Burning smell is not normal behavior in Marazzo or for that matter any car. Do not try to ride/half clutch as much as possible. If you are not riding/half clutching and still getting the burning smell that implies that the clutch is not engaging fully even when fully released which should be checked. If you keep getting burning smell you are looking at another clutch failure soon.

2. I am not sure if clutch heating can cause this behavior. But a weak master/slave cylinder can also cause this. A master/slave cylinder failure can cause the clutch pedal to drop to the floor making the vehicle unusable.
The parts replaced are:
  1. Maximile Brake fuild Dot 4 250ML
  2. Dual Mass Flywheel
  3. Concentric Salve Cylinder Bleeder
  4. Clutch Master Cylinder
  5. Concentric Slave Cylinder
  6. Kit Clutch and Disc Assembly
  7. Front and Rear break pads (thickness had comedown to 2mm, I got them replaced)

This is new cylinder and I am facing this issue only after replaced. Anyway I'll get it checked.
Old 25th November 2022, 16:08   #525
BHPian

I’ve converted my Marazzo M6 headlights to FE retrofit HIDs. It has been a year since I converted both the high and low beam setup and it has been working very well. Couple of days back, the left and right low beam did not fire up but the high beams worked fine. When I reached out to the Retrofit service people they informed me that the fuse would’ve been a problem. I replaced the fuse with a spare one which is located next to the battery compartment. Low beam bulbs are working fine after the fuse replacement. My concern is that if the HID conversion is causing the fuse problem that had just happened. And also would like to know if I need to take any measures after the fuse replacement to prevent this in future. Kindly let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks