Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 19:20   #406

IMHO every car has a behaviour, one needs to understand it to utilise it better.

1: With full load every FWD vehicle would struggle, just keep it in its rev range, it would go up.( Somewhere Ertiga Zdi, previous Gen would struggle)

2: most of the time putting in proper gear helps

3: It's one of the most silent vehicle around, one of the major reasons for it being so stress-free cruiser
Old 19th November 2020, 10:55   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Lastly - if you were to cruise at 100 Kmph, what's the engine noise like inside the cabin?
Looks like you are getting set to part ways with your TUV
With the engine spinning at 2K RPM at 100 kmph, the cabin should be silent, baring the wind and road noise.
Old 20th November 2020, 16:23   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, we have the three of you Marazzo owners out in the open - which is a rare occurrence. So I might as well pick your brains on this.

What about the Marazzo's performance in the hills-
1) Being a FWD, does it struggle with a full load in hairpin bends or other steep inclined surfaces?
2) Do you need to slip the clutch a lot on the inclines or is it a simple matter of downshifting and letting the available torque in the lower gear do its work?

Lastly - if you were to cruise at 100 Kmph, what's the engine noise like inside the cabin? I'm wondering why other ex-Xylo owners have complained about the lack of a relaxed engine (reference: posts on this same thread a few posts ago). Does the engine noise permeate inside?
1) Will reserve my judgement till it take it to the hills. But i have no trouble negotiating steep ramps of my society parking. Remember Marazzo is a fairly heavy car ( 1640 Kg when empty ) so there is always several hundred kgs on the the front axle at all times. That should be enough for traction.

2) I never slip clutch period. In my view if you need to slip clutch regularly you don't know how to drive. The Marazzo has a very short first gear. Almost like a low ratio in a 4WD. The first gear should be easily able to climb the steepest slope without any issues. The second gear however is too tall. There is a big gap between the first and the second gear. This is something you need to watch out while driving Marazzo. Get into second gear only once you have reached around 18 kmph or more. Else you can stall the car.

3) Marazzo is a superlative cruiser. You can barely hear the engine at 90kmp in the 6th gear. On top it was excellent wind/tyre noise insulation. You hear the engine more when you are accelerating in low gears. I have figured out the best way to drive the marazzo is gently accelerate from lower gears till you reach 4th gear and 40 kmph. 40-90 kmph accleration in Marazzo is very quick. The Marazzo engine is not the best sounding of engines. Has an irritating drone to it. Maybe that is the reason is Xylo guys don't like it. Also you need to watch out for the tall second gear.
JediKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:37   #409
Senior - BHPian

My cousin is wondering whether it's worth waiting for Marazzo petrol torque converter automatic or take the plunge now and buy a Duster/Seltos automatic. Six usable seats are an attraction for large families, but he says Mahindra typically takes a year or two to iron out all the issues on a new product and then launch an updated product.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 22nd November 2020 at 22:38.
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:34   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
My cousin is wondering whether it's worth waiting for Marazzo petrol torque converter automatic or take the plunge now and buy a Duster/Seltos automatic. Six usable seats are an attraction for large families, but he says Mahindra typically takes a year or two to iron out all the issues on a new product and then launch an updated product.
There was a spyshot thread on the forum recently of the Marazzo petrol automatic's test mule.

It had the badge "auto shift" on its rear hatch. This means that it's most probably going to be an AMT, not a proper torque converter automatic transmission. I lost my interest in it immediately once I realized what that badge implies. I wouldn't wait for an AMT equipped car personally.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:50   #411
Senior - BHPian

Thanks but other news on the web suggest Aisin sourced automatic for the Marazzo. Does Aisin build AMTs as well? I don't think, but not able to validate this from the web. AMT should be a big no for people who have driven the torque converter at least once.
Edit: Sorry my bad, Aisin website itself mentions about AMT.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 23rd November 2020 at 13:18.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 15:08   #412
BHPian

Returned from a 200KM round trip to Kondapochamma Sagar. Got a very respectable 20 kmpl ( as shown by MID ) with sparse traffic and speeds around 70-95 kmph and no AC.
Old 10th December 2020, 20:29   #413
BHPian

CAR: Mahindra Marazzo
TYPE: MPV- 7-Seater
Model: M2
Transmission: Manual
Engine Displacement: 1497CC
Gear Box: 6 Speed
Fuel: Diesel
Tank Capacity 45 lt,
Manufacturing Year: 2019
RTO Registration: Bangalore

Accessories:
Head Unit: KENWOOD DMX 7705S (USA purchased)
Component Speakers: JL C1 6.5-inch (165 mm) 2-Way Component
Amplifier: SONY 4 Channel
Coaxial speakers: Polk
Seat Covers: Aries

We could fit in two cycles (for my kids aged 13 and 7), that’s the kind of practicality and flexibility. Saved us the pressure of cycling back home on a traffic filled road.

The travel bug in me made me go for MPV from a sedan for a family of four. Marazzo never disappointed in terms of space and interior practicality. I have never been exhausted and frustrated with my car. All the boxes are ticked in the interior comfort. There is good amount of storage of essential stuff.

I finalized on this shark, Mahindra Marazzo after lot of research and comparison. I did the comparing with other vehicles like Maruti Suzuki Ertiga , Renault LODGY, Base Variant TATA HEXA. Comparatively Marazzo stood out in terms of comfort, pricing, exterior styling, family MPV and the specifications.

I have covered around 15000 kms on my M2 and I have managed to get a mileage of 20 kmpl for about 80-100kmph. The good aerodynamics of the car will definitely tempt you to manoeuvre around 120-130kmph. This car is a drivers delight and I always look forward for good getaways with my M2.

Every car will have a drawback and I must mention that Marazzo should have been given a bigger engine extract a better performance. This is specially felt when driving uphill. The ground clearance is also on a negative side.

Overall, the Marazzo has impressed me with its good features and, small drawbacks can be compromised when you have excellent driving experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_0139.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_0140.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_6141.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-oqen4047.jpg  

SVMBLR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 18:09   #414
BHPian

Hello Marazians (if I can say so ),
I have this problem in my car from the very beginning (Nov'18) where my windshield washer liquid is not sprayed onto the windshield in full, due to this half of my windscreen is wiped on for collecting dry dust and I'm worried if I have to live this way with this problem, more so scratches can be done easily.

Can the nozzle be replaced? Is this a same problem for all the marazzo owners? Kindly advise the best solution to overcome this problem.
Old 14th December 2020, 18:36   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
I have this problem in my car from the very beginning (Nov'18) where my windshield washer liquid is not sprayed onto the windshield in full, due to this half of my windscreen is wiped on for collecting dry dust and I'm worried if I have to live this way with this problem, more so scratches can be done easily.

Can the nozzle be replaced? Is this a same problem for all the marazzo owners? Kindly advise the best solution to overcome this problem.
Just buy a squeegee online and a Colins glass cleaning sprayer. Never put yourself in a position to have to use the wiper sprayer, at least as far you can help it.

I agree that a part of your windshield will get scratched if you rely on your car's sprayer and wiper to have it cleaned.

Last edited by locusjag : 14th December 2020 at 18:41.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:08   #416

Quote:

By using a saftey pin, sprayer nozzle can be redirected to spray on winshield to cover the areas properly. I have done that in my Marazzo and in my previous cars also.
K.GOUNDER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:34   #417
BHPian

Quote:

I have not come across such problems, please visit nearest ASS to check whether it is nozzle problem or something else !! since you have been facing this problem since beginning.
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 17:10   #418
BHPian

Quote:

I tried out the spray nozzle first time just see to check this. Seems to be fine for my car.

Quote:
Just buy a squeegee online and a Colins glass cleaning sprayer. Never put yourself in a position to have to use the wiper sprayer, at least as far you can help it.

I agree that a part of your windshield will get scratched if you rely on your car's sprayer and wiper to have it cleaned.
+1, The sprayer is more for a emergency run time use. You should not use it as your primary windshield cleaning method.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th December 2020 at 01:47. Reason: Spacing
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 01:11   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.GOUNDER View Post
By using a saftey pin, sprayer nozzle can be redirected to spray on winshield to cover the areas properly. I have done that in my Marazzo and in my previous cars also.
Planning to take the vehicle for ASS one more time. If still no change then will have to try this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
I have not come across such problems, please visit nearest ASS to check whether it is nozzle problem or something else !! since you have been facing this problem since beginning.
Yes, Planning to visit ASS but this will be 2nd time for this issue. Will let you know after giving a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I tried out the spray nozzle first time just see to check this. Seems to be fine for my car.
Is this what you mean to recommend? If yes, can we use any shampoo or colin into mixing the water?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-spray.jpg  

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 18:52   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Is this what you mean to recommend? If yes, can we use any shampoo or colin into mixing the water?
I think this was suggested by locusjag. I just use plain water and a newspaper to clean the windshield. I will use a household Colin spray ( not mixed with anything ) occasionally in case there is some oil/grease residue that is not going away with plain water.

Marazzo owners in Hyderabad: Is there a preferred service center in Hyderabad for Mahindra. I am new to both Mahindra and Hyderabad. For first service i had sent the car to Autmotive Manufactureres Ranigunj. They were good, and i have no reason to complain. Only issue is they are quite far away from where i stay ( Gachibowli ). For next service was thinking of taking the car to VCC motors , Hi-tech City as they are much closer to where i stay.

Last edited by JediKnight : 24th December 2020 at 18:54. Reason: Typo.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks