Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2023, 15:05   #616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Nothing will happen, they will lose money.

Mahindra customers do not associate the brand with such a vehicle, the areas that Mahindra is strong does not resonate well with MPV buyers either. So they have to really go out of their comfort zone to innovate in the MPV segment, given how successful they are right SUVs, I doubt of there is any incentives to re-enter this market.
People like yourself probably thought the same thing when Mahindra decided to switch to 'affordable' (below 30) luxury segment and look how it's turned out. There was a time when Bolero and Scorpio were the only mainstream vehicles from Mahindra and no one in their wildest dreams imagined that we'd be happily paying 25L+ for their vehicles. It's all about the execution.
Old 25th November 2023, 20:51   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
@AlQuazi

I am a proud owner of a Mahindra Marazzo M8 since 2019. The odometer currently reads 131,000 km. So far, it has been a pleasant journey with many ups and downs.

Regarding parts replacement, my AC compressor has gone kaput twice, once during the warranty period and another after the warranty expired. The ICE was replaced during the warranty period.

Another issue is the velvet-like material covering the wheel well. It tears easily, especially during the monsoon season. Once the material gets wet, it becomes heavier and tears off from its attachment. This part was replaced twice under warranty. It is currently torn in many places, but I am waiting for it to completely come off before replacing it before the next monsoon.

Another part that was replaced was the suspension under warranty. After around 80,000 km, there were loud noises from both the front and back. After multiple inspections, they replaced the entire suspension under warranty. After that, there have been no such issues.

My shock absorbers (both front and rear left) were replaced after 120,000 km.

Regarding the clutch, there have been no clutch issues so far, but the brake pads have been replaced three or four times.

Regarding service cost, all my services have been done at Mahindra ASS. They have been very helpful, and every service, including the replacement of the AC compressor, ICE, etc., was done without any fuss, during the warranty period or not. The service cost comes around 6-7k per service, including consumables and labor costs.

If the warranty is over, you can get services done outside, and the cost will be less.

Parts availability is not much of a problem. You can get them directly from Mahindra or source them from BOODMO.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my Marazzo.
@BoneMechanic - Sir, I have gone through your older posts regarding service costs and screenshots from the Mahindra For You app. All I can say is, thank you for the multiple posts detailing service & part costs that help other forum users and would be buyers make informed decisions.

Based on the multiple forum posts and YouTube videos I've seen (trust me, I've seen almost all of them), I am getting the impression that while the Marazzo might not give you Innova-like reliability, it will still hold it's own over the long term.

I think I am fine with that. I have a couple of vehicles shortlisted which I will check out over the next few weeks. Hoping the next post from me would be a purchase update
AlQuazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 03:17   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.GOUNDER View Post
If the vehicle drives normally again, after clutch cooling down, then nothing to worry, all is fine and no clutch replacement needed. But remember to handle the clutch cautiously when you are stuck in slow moving dense traffic for hours together. Also you may take short breaks for the clutch to cool down if you are stuck in ghat roads for long time. This is normal for all the dry clutch vehicles and nothing specific about Marazzo. You may also ask for general clutch inspection when you go for service in next two months.
My brother got the car serviced and he had it thoroughly checked up. The issue was of the intercooler. The hose leading from the turbocharger to the intercooler was broken and so air was not being supplied to the engine. And apparently this damaged the intercooler as well. This also explains why the car was giving out black smoke. Now they've replaced the intercooler and the hose under warranty and our car is as good as new
Joscyriac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 23:28   #619

How often do you service your Marazzo? I purchased pre-owned M6 in Jan 2022 with 22k on the odo. My last service done was Dec -2022 @ 29k KM. SA had mentioned vehicle needs to be serviced every year.

Now odo reads 33k as of Dec- 2023.The Mahindra call center executives call me ask me to check and get serviced after 10k KM since last service (even The manual book says the same). Since my running is low (around 5k KM per year), should I get service done every year or every 10k KM? The service descriptions mentioned in the manual mention what need to be changed at 30k, 40k, 50k etc. If I get service yearly (without completing 10k) what all should I change/checked? Please suggest
Old 27th December 2023, 10:23   #620
BHPian

After a 4-year journey, me and my family have been very satisfied with our Marazzo. Looking for more miles and smiles.Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20231227_085649.jpg
Bonemechanic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 14:30   #621

Dear BHPians. I just test drove a Mahindra Marazzo M6+ with my family. We all liked it for the space it offered and build quality compared to the Ertiga. We test drove a 8 seater(middle bench) car. The dealer mentions that he has a 2022 model which he is willing to give for a discount of 2 lakh. I have a transferable job as I’m in the services and I may get transferred to Delhi NCR also. I am also entitled to CSD facilities which get me new car at the rate which the dealership is currently offering only problem is that I can only get a 7 seater(middle captain) model through this process, but the new car rates are likely to increase in the new year.

I need your advise on whether I should go for the 2022 model or should I wait for a 2024 model as the cars are made on order. Also how much negotiating bandwidth should I try for a two year old car which may need to be changed after 8 years if I’m transferred to Delhi NCR.

Note: The dealer mentions that they are a company showroom different from other dealers and the car is currently lying in the plant.

I am upgrading from a Punto diesel
Old 28th December 2023, 16:33   #622
BHPian

Quote:
@AlQuazi

Another issue is the velvet-like material covering the wheel well. It tears easily, especially during the monsoon season. Once the material gets wet, it becomes heavier and tears off from its attachment. This part was replaced twice under warranty. It is currently torn in many places, but I am waiting for it to completely come off before replacing it before the next monsoon.
As with most Marazzo owners, I am facing a major issue with these wheel well liners as well. The problem is with the material of those. I live in Mumbai, where rains are HEAVY. So these liners go bad very quickly. My Marazzo M8 from January 2019 has seen 5 such monsoons, and done almost 90k kms over these years. Do you have any permanent solution for these? I do not want to replce them with the same stuff.
Old 28th December 2023, 19:21   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike909 View Post
Dear BHPians. I just test drove a Mahindra Marazzo M6+ with my family. We all liked it for the space it offered and build quality compared to the Ertiga. We test drove a 8 seater(middle bench) car. The dealer mentions that he has a 2022 model which he is willing to give for a discount of 2 lakh. I have a transferable job as I’m in the services and I may get transferred to Delhi NCR also. I am also entitled to CSD facilities which get me new car at the rate which the dealership is currently offering only problem is that I can only get a 7 seater(middle captain) model through this process, but the new car rates are likely to increase in the new year.
I went through the exact same scene with my 2018 M8, which I bought in December 2019. I got a similar offer too. My advice: if you really love the car, go for it!

The NGT ban on diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR applies to vehicles that are 10 years old or older from the date of their registration, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
As with most Marazzo owners, I am facing a major issue with these wheel well liners as well. The problem is with the material of those. I live in Mumbai, where rains are HEAVY. So these liners go bad very quickly. My Marazzo M8 from January 2019 has seen 5 such monsoons, and done almost 90k kms over these years. Do you have any permanent solution for these? I do not want to replce them with the same stuff.
No idea for me. ASS also advise to replace with same material. May be some plastic or metal covering from FNG
Old 29th December 2023, 09:59   #624
BHPian

My last two FE

Yesterday, I drove from home to Thrissur and back to work place early in the morning. To Thrissur, I got a FE of 18 kmpl, but on my return journey, the FE dropped because of traffic.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20231228_094008.jpg

Today morning drive, home to work place, I got this
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20231229_091902.jpg
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 18:39   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
How often do you service your Marazzo? I purchased pre-owned M6 in Jan 2022 with 22k on the odo. My last service done was Dec -2022 @ 29k KM. SA had mentioned vehicle needs to be serviced every year.
Since my running is low (around 5k KM per year), should I get service done every year or every 10k KM? The service descriptions mentioned in the manual mention what need to be changed at 30k, 40k, 50k etc. If I get service yearly (without completing 10k) what all should I change/checked? Please suggest
Can someone please provide feedback?
Old 31st December 2023, 19:32   #626
BHPian

Quote:
The service interval is 10 km or 1 year, whichever is earlier. I do service every 10k km. My 10,000 km comes in 4 or 5 months.
Old 31st December 2023, 20:10   #627

Quote:
The service interval is 10 km or 1 year, whichever is earlier. I do service every 10k km. My 10,000 km comes in 4 or 5 months.
Thanks. I drive 5-6k KM in a year. What all should I check / replace if I service every year?
Old 31st December 2023, 22:01   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I drive 5-6k KM in a year. What all should I check / replace if I service every year?
I usually do the regular services only mentioned in the "Mahindra for You" (formerly "With You Hamesha") app. I also do wheel alignment and rotation, along with normal service.
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:14   #629
BHPian

I usually reset my trip B metre on the 1st of every month. Below are images showing the odometer readings of my marazzo and kwid. The trip sows distance travelled from my home to my workplace.

Did anyone notice this disparity in marazzo odometer and MID reading?
The distance and route are the same. Why is there a disparity with the kwid odometer reading?

Which reading, marazzo trip B reading, marazzo MID reading, or laid odometer reading, is more accurate?

Can anyone explain the reason?

Thanks

Marazzo odometer reading
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20240102_110116.jpg

Marazzo MID readings
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20240102_110057.jpg

Kwid odometer reading
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20240102_110035.jpg
Old 5th January 2024, 16:07   #630
BHPian

Quote:
I have similar running. I get it serviced every year even though I never reach the 10K usage. I follow the manufactured recommended service guideline except that I get the engine oil changed every service. I think manufacturer recommended engine oil change requirement is 20K/2yrs. The manufacturer recommended maintenance guide is part of the user manual.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks