Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th February 2019, 11:28   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

We took a few test drives when Santro was launched. Was shopping around for a small automatic hatch for my wife & city use.

Main competitor was Tiago till the last moment. But a supersize entry won our hearts- that was grand i10. With the discounts, price was very very close to that of Santro. Went for Magna automatic with dual airbags and ABS.

Extremely happy with the decision. Felt torque converter is way ahead of AMT in terms of smoothness. NVH levels are really awesome-absolute silent in city drives. Cons are lesser mileage and missing 5th gear. (I do not think we would miss 5th gear much as this is a city only car for a novice lady driver)
princenoble is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 18:39   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by princenoble View Post
Main competitor was Tiago till the last moment. But a supersize entry won our hearts- that was grand i10. With the discounts, price was very very close to that of Santro. Went for Magna automatic with dual airbags and ABS.
Congratulations on your new purchase. If you don't mind, can you share the total cost for your car? What was the amount of discounts that you received?

Also, you mentioned mileage as one of the cons. What is the mileage that it is giving you/likely to give in city traffic?
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote