Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2019, 14:28   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
By the way - a query. Does it come with intermittent wiper position on the stalk now? Or its still just Mist-Slow-Fast? Place where you and I live, 90% of times we need INT and not the other positions...
No there are only 2 positions like the old I10
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:32   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
No there are only 2 positions like the old I10
Well that kinda blows doesn't it? Even Alto has intermittent wiper. Santro isn't a cheap car by any means.
(Yes like you said - my father-in-law's NextGen i10 has the same 2 positions. Its extremely frustrating when driving that car to Konkan!)

I'd prefer to have intermittent wipers with manual ORVMs rather than electrically adjusting mirrors but no intermittent wipers! I.e. if Hyundai must save money somehow. I'm just giving them an alternative to easily save.

The biggest thing I was frustrated with in my Omni was not a lack of AC. It was lack of intermittent wipers!

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th August 2019 at 14:36.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:41   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Well that kinda blows doesn't it? Even Alto has intermittent wiper. Santro isn't a cheap car by any means.
(Yes like you said - my father-in-law's NextGen i10 has the same 2 positions. Its extremely frustrating when driving that car to Konkan!)

I'd prefer to have intermittent wipers with manual ORVMs rather than electrically adjusting mirrors but no intermittent wipers! I.e. if Hyundai must save money somehow. I'm just giving them an alternative to easily save.

The biggest thing I was frustrated with in my Omni was not a lack of AC. It was lack of intermittent wipers!
Yes it is one thing which is missing and wonder why Hyundai skipped such a simple feature. Sometimes manufacturers try to pinch pennies when not needed.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:15   #109
BHPian

I was planning to book the AMT sports model but giving it a 2nd thought after reading the issues reported with the AMT. Also curious on why did they leave out the parking sensors.
AD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 10:26   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
Also curious on why did they leave out the parking sensors.
Exactly my point. I though parking sensors were mandatory as per the new Govt. order.

Also, it has been sometime since they rejigged the variants and launched the Era Executive models (clubbing the Dlite and Era models) but the website does not reflect the pricing. Not sure why but Hyundai does not seem to be very serious about the Santro. They are high on the success of Venue and i10 it seems. :(
Old 15th October 2019, 12:14   #111
BHPian

Booked the Sportz AMT in Diana Green. Changing the stock wheel to alloys will void the warranty? Tyre size will be retained to 14". Please advice.
Old 15th October 2019, 14:26   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Booked the Sportz AMT in Diana Green. Changing the stock wheel to alloys will void the warranty? Tyre size will be retained to 14". Please advice.
No, it won't void warranty as long as same wheel specs are retained. You are going with same 14". So that should be okay. A small upsize of tyres of 1 level up on profile and patch is generally fine. Nobody frowns at that for warranty.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th October 2019 at 14:33.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 14:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
No, it won't void warranty as long as same wheel specs are retained. You are going with same 14". So that should be okay. A small upsize of tyres o 1 level up on profile and patch is generally fine. Nobody frowns at that for warranty.
SA was saying that it will void the warranty because changing from stock to alloys can damage the suspension. On the other hand, he also informed that no such incident has ever reported in Hyundai, so it wont be an issue. Hence was skeptical.
Old 15th October 2019, 14:49   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
SA was saying that it will void the warranty because changing from stock to alloys can damage the suspension. On the other hand, he also informed that no such incident has ever reported in Hyundai, so it wont be an issue. Hence was skeptical.
I hope SA = Sales adviser and not Service adviser. . Otherwise serious doubts about the mechanical engineering degree he holds. Don't worry. You can safely move to alloys. No damage to suspension unless you suddenly change to ultra low profile tires. I'm sure you wont.
Old 15th October 2019, 18:53   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I hope SA = Sales adviser and not Service adviser. . Otherwise serious doubts about the mechanical engineering degree he holds. Don't worry. You can safely move to alloys. No damage to suspension unless you suddenly change to ultra low profile tires. I'm sure you wont.
I am not and sure thanks.
Old 16th October 2019, 15:32   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
I was planning to book the AMT sports model but giving it a 2nd thought after reading the issues reported with the AMT. Also curious on why did they leave out the parking sensors.
Update: The latest batch cars have the parking sensors all the way down to the Era Executive variant. This is also mentioned in the latest brochure.
Old 18th October 2019, 11:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Both parking sensors are placed towards the middle area of the bumper. Slim reflectors provided on both ends:
I would like to flag a safety issue for Santro owners opting for the darker colors like Start Dust (Grey) and Marina Blue,

i have observed that the OEM provided reflectors do not reflect at all!!

Saw this in my night drives:-
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20191018_113909.jpg

Please do use some Reflective tape on the rear end to avoid someone hitting your car at night when all lights are off / foggy conditions.

How could Hyundai overlook this primary requirement?
Moto$apien is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 12:11   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
I would like to flag a safety issue for Santro owners opting for the darker colors like Start Dust (Grey) and Marina Blue,
i have observed that the OEM provided reflectors do not reflect at all!!

How could Hyundai overlook this primary requirement?
There is a small possibility that due to their size, they are reflective only in particular angles & from some distance. In this picture you are very close to the car & the reflection may be directed in an angle away from your eye level. Perhaps from a distance of a few car lengths - these will be visible properly (and thats where they need to be reflective for being of any use. Reflecting when too close won't be of any use anyway.) However - indeed they seem quite small & could have been a few mm broader to have another row of reflective elements at a different angle.
Old 18th October 2019, 14:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
In this picture you are very close to the car & the reflecion may be directed in an angle away from your eye level.
Well Sir, I could click this photo only when a Santro was stationary this particular time.

And i haven't seen any Santro's (around 8-10 seen) Reflector , Reflecting at any angle or at any car length.

So, if some colleague can share and show the conditions in which it 'Reflects' then, my submission would stand nullified.
Old 18th October 2019, 14:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
There is a small possibility that due to their size, they are reflective only in particular angles & from some distance. In this picture you are very close to the car & the reflection may be directed in an angle away from your eye level. Perhaps from a distance of a few car lengths - these will be visible properly (and thats where they need to be reflective for being of any use. Reflecting when too close won't be of any use anyway.) However - indeed they seem quite small & could have been a few mm broader to have another row of reflective elements at a different angle.
Reflectors should do their work irrespective of the distance/angle they're viewed from. That's their only job.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks