Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 16:20   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
If your usage is more on the city then Santro AMT is a good choice. Santro has a good interior and good features list.
I have already booked S-Presso AMT but waiting is too much. And while I wait, I am just looking for other options. Also when I checked santro online, I felt it is good value for the price. I asked the Hyundai SA over a call and he told me 2 months waiting for the santro. It is 99% city driving car.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:14   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have already booked S-Presso AMT but waiting is too much. And while I wait, I am just looking for other options. Also when I checked santro online, I felt it is good value for the price. I asked the Hyundai SA over a call and he told me 2 months waiting for the santro. It is 99% city driving car.
Seeing your recent posts in other threads about buying a car (first-time buyers)

Visit the nearest Hyundai dealer and talk to the salesperson directly. 2 months waiting period for Santro is too much IMO. It may be true for chip shortage (but not sure). Talk to the dealer directly and finish the deal. If the deal is not ok for you, go and check the other Hyundai dealer.
I saw your post on another thread, you are waiting from Oct'21 for Spresso. Waiting for 4-6 months for Spresso is too much IMO.
Old 27th January 2022, 17:30   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Seeing your recent posts in other threads about buying a car (first-time buyers)

Visit the nearest Hyundai dealer and talk to the salesperson directly. 2 months waiting period for Santro is too much IMO. It may be true for chip shortage (but not sure). Talk to the dealer directly and finish the deal. If the deal is not ok for you, go and check the other Hyundai dealer.
I saw your post on another thread, you are waiting from Oct'21 for Spresso. Waiting for 4-6 months for Spresso is too much IMO.
Yes, when I booked S-Presso, I was told 4-6 weeks and now it is 3 Months. It is not some high demand car either. I am told because of the model and color I selected, VXi+ AMT and Gray, it is taking more time. I find reason absurd. I am additionally told that all maruti cars using smart play touchscreen system are delayed.
Old 27th January 2022, 17:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, when I booked S-Presso, I was told 4-6 weeks and now it is 3 Months. It is not some high demand car either. I am told because of the model and color I selected, VXi+ AMT and Gray, it is taking more time. I find reason absurd. I am additionally told that all maruti cars using smart play touchscreen system are delayed.
I have both the Santros - MT and AMT. Go for the Santro AMT. It is the best AMT at that price point. Decent interiors, no jerky shifts. Its a good car overall. Cannot vouch for two things though: (1) safety (which is also an issue with the S-presso), and (2) resale value.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 18:17   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have both the Santros - MT and AMT. Go for the Santro AMT. It is the best AMT at that price point. Decent interiors, no jerky shifts. Its a good car overall. Cannot vouch for two things though: (1) safety (which is also an issue with the S-presso), and (2) resale value.
I see the Santro is 2 Star rated. As per carwale, the Sportz manual is 2 star which has single air bag and I assume the AMT with 2 airbags will be at least same. Btw yours is which variant and when was it bought? Because as I mentioned above, it seems the Sportz AMT didn't have some things like rear camera for example which seems to have been added later.
Old 27th January 2022, 18:51   #216
BHPian

Quote:
I see the Santro is 2 Star rated. As per carwale, the Sportz manual is 2 star which has single air bag
All Cars To Get Dual Front Airbags As Standard From 1 January 2022, As per the Government Order

As per this Youtube video, Santro is equipped with Dual Airbag and Front Seat Belt Pretensioner with Load Limiter as standard across all the variants.
So, Santro Sportz Manual is now equipped with 2 airbags as standard.

Note: Hyundai India website is not yet updated this feature into their brochure list.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting any youtube channel and I am nowhere related to this channel owner.
Old 27th January 2022, 19:01   #217
BHPian

Quote:
All Cars To Get Dual Front Airbags As Standard From 1 January 2022, As per the Government Order
I like that this is mandatory now. Leaves us from doing guess work. I also think carwale is not updated as it shows 1 air bag in Sportz manual and shows 2 airbags in AMT version.

The more I read about Santro Sportz AMT, the more I am liking it and feel it is hitting all the sweet spots. Obviously will check in showroom this saturday to see how it is.
Old 27th January 2022, 20:33   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see the Santro is 2 Star rated. As per carwale, the Sportz manual is 2 star which has single air bag and I assume the AMT with 2 airbags will be at least same. Btw yours is which variant and when was it bought? Because as I mentioned above, it seems the Sportz AMT didn't have some things like rear camera for example which seems to have been added later.
We bought our Santros in Nov 2019. The Sportz AMT has the rear camera. Its really nice to have the rear camera, Apple Car Play, central locking, et al in a small car like the Santro. I think the interior quality is also very nice.

Till date we have had the following issues:

1. Battery conked off in the AMT. Was at an FNG for body works - probably they kept the music system on or something.

2. The horn conked off in both the cars

3. The fuel lid got stuck a couple of times.

All minor issues. Overall, I think it was a good buy.

P.S: Do not drive the AMT with a heavy foot. You will not enjoy it. I personally enjoy driving the manual more.
Old 27th January 2022, 20:45   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
We bought our Santros in Nov 2019. The Sportz AMT has the rear camera. Its really nice to have the rear camera, Apple Car Play, central locking, et al in a small car like the Santro. I think the interior quality is also very nice.

Till date we have had the following issues:

1. Battery conked off in the AMT. Was at an FNG for body works - probably they kept the music system on or something.

2. The horn conked off in both the cars

3. The fuel lid got stuck a couple of times.

All minor issues. Overall, I think it was a good buy.

P.S: Do not drive the AMT with a heavy foot. You will not enjoy it. I personally enjoy driving the manual more.
You know, I even don't know what heavy foot driving mean, I am very sedate driver and rear camera is must for me.
Old 27th January 2022, 21:07   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know, I even don't know what heavy foot driving mean, I am very sedate driver and rear camera is must for me.
Then go ahead and take a test drive. It’s a solid car.
Old 7th February 2022, 19:02   #221
BHPian

Mrs. P's recently begun a three-month subscription of the Santro Petrol AMT with revv, so thought of penning a few observations:
  • Slightly noisy engine, but that could be the subscription car reality
  • Smooth, delightfully, unexpectedly smooth, AMT. I notice the gearshifts as rarely as on my EcoSport AT (i.e. never), and this is a big deal, since I've spent most of my Santro time in its passenger seat, meaning I have no warning of an upcoming up/downshift which the driver has. No head-nod yet, whereas during a Renault Triber AMT TD, for example, I was doing body-nods
  • Interiors are fine for a car the lady has indulged in for the sole purpose of getting used to being in the harness before elbowing me out of the EcoSport driving seat. I still haven't got used to the "neck rests" though and probably never will
  • Music system's fine. A/C blowers seem too strong to us (because we're closer to them? either way, they serve the purpose for sure. Haven't yet tried them from the back seat though)
  • Not bothering to even look at the fuel efficiency at this stage but can't be worse than my 1.5L 35% heavier regular drive...
  • The 1.1L engine has not let us down yet, even through some of of Pune's many hillier parts.
  • The suspension's handling the Hinjewadi semi-concretized partly-metroised "roads" with aplomb too
  • Overall a thumbs-up for our use-case: a two-person family that has never reached 10k km in any year of their two decades of car ownerships (meaning there was no point in getting a beater car for her to get any chinks in her driving ironed out and then selling it back after spending on insurance etc and on the inevitable pampering only for the heartbreak at the eventual parting...)

So, a big congratulations to the Hyundai folks. They've got the Santro and its AMT exactly right. Recommended, for sure.

Last edited by Punatic : 7th February 2022 at 19:04.
Punatic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 19:38   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see the Santro is 2 Star rated. As per carwale, the Sportz manual is 2 star which has single air bag and I assume the AMT with 2 airbags will be at least same.
In the case of the Santro's frontal test the driver dummy had the worse performing chest among the two dummies and was, therefore, used in the evaluation. While a car with a passenger-side airbag could be safer in a crash, a passenger airbag alone (without at least a driver side pretensioner) could not improve the Santro's star rating per se. However:

Quote:
As per this Youtube video, Santro is equipped with Dual Airbag and Front Seat Belt Pretensioner with Load Limiter as standard across all the variants.
If this is true, then the result for the Santro has expired and it would have to be retested. However, Hyundai's website has not been updated to reflect these changes.

Name:  Screenshot 20220207 at 7.34.23 PM.png
Views: 1059
Size:  12.9 KB
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 18:21   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post

So, a big congratulations to the Hyundai folks. They've got the Santro and its AMT exactly right. Recommended, for sure.
We had decided on Santro AMT and went to showroom but they didn't have AMT for TD and I am not confident with Manual and also even if I could do manual TD, it would serve no purpose as we intended to buy AMT only.
In terms of interiors, it was pretty good and as a small compact family car, it is very good and sometimes feel why it is not selling. Has nice interiors, good AT gearbox (no clue about manual), compact design and such.

But then we sat in Grand i10 NIOS and since they had AMT for TD, I reluctantly test drove (only after the SA parked the car in a relatively emptier road). But as soon as I started the car, I felt at home and nicely drove. I had zero experience with AMT but felt that Gear 1 to Gear 2 shifts were evident but after that nothing. The car was butter smooth and absolutely zero noise inside cabin and wife too loved the interiors and space. We finalized the Nios instead due to it being first and only car.

If I was on strict budget, I would have definitely got Santro AMT but since I had the leeway to stretch the budget, we went for NIOS.

Last edited by raksrules : 8th February 2022 at 18:24.
raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:17   #224
BHPian

Hello.
Was looking to rent a small hatch back from Revv. Am somewhat unclear about the usage policy. Specifically, if I book the car in my name, is it okay for my wife/daughter (who both have valid licenses and drive regularly ) to drive this Revv subscription car.
The person who contacted me from Revv after my booking was not very clear about this. She said that the contract is with you and our expectation is that you will the one driving. She went on about the insurance carriers terms and conditions.
AFAIK, all car insurance policies cover for the car being driven by other persons - as far as they have valid license and are not "rallying on a race track".
Old 9th February 2022, 13:30   #225
BHPian

While going through the terms and condition on Revv, this is what I found. ...about insurance cover for the vehicle.. there are the usual exceptions about inebriated driving, commercial operations etc. Then there is this line in this list:

"When the person driving the vehicle at the time of the incident is found to be different than the one who made the booking"

So I guess, only the one who made the booking can drive...

Is this how it is supposed to work?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_1078.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks