Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th August 2019, 15:08   #181
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
After some decent test drives of Nexon AMT, Venue DCT and XUV W8(O) AMT on good and very bad roads, I finally booked the XUV300 W8 (O) AMT version (Red Rage) at Zulaikha Motors Chennai yesterday. The OTR is Rs 15.39 Lakhs. Though the wait time is expected to be around 2 months for the red color, the dealer expects it to come a bit earlier and will be notifying me on the exact date in a couple of days.
Posting an update below:
A vehicle got allocated to me within a few days of the booking. The planned shipment date from the factory was 28th July, with 5-7 additional days for transit, 3 days for PDI and registration.

However, I got a call from the dealer stating that due to heavy rains, the shipments from the factory have been delayed and hence delivery may be delayed by a week or two.

The OTR of Rs 15.39 lakhs included accessories worth 12500 odd rupees which I have declined preferring to get them online from M2ALL. There seems to be a mark up of 15-20% at the dealer when compared to what is available at M2ALL.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 19:23   #182

I've almost finalized my decision to buy the XUV300 but the only 'fly in the ointment' is the long clutch travel that forces you to sit close to the steering wheel. And that needlessly tall gear lever.
Both of these factors dilute the experience of driving that phenomenal Diesel engine although one may get used to it over time.

My question is - Can we find anything in the aftermarket to resolve these two issues/ problems.?
Almetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 20:24   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
I've almost finalized my decision to buy the XUV300 but the only 'fly in the ointment' is the long clutch travel that forces you to sit close to the steering wheel. And that needlessly tall gear lever.
Thats Mahindra for you. I suspect some astrologer has told them that making short gear levers will result in downturn in sales numbers. Not a single M&M car has a nice short stick & I don't know why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
My question is - Can we find anything in the aftermarket to resolve these two issues/ problems.?
No not really. Its in fact better not to modify these aspects of a car as much as possible IMHO. An aftermarket fitment will also technically void your warranty if the dealer / A-S-S is not kind. Secondly, some issue with them during run-cycle can cause severe issues - even on safety front. Best left untouched.

Generally the first thing that bothers buyers is the boot space rather than these 2 you mentioned. I guess you have clear requirements from the car & the boot isn't a priority?
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 21:39   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Generally the first thing that bothers buyers is the boot space rather than these 2 you mentioned. I guess you have clear requirements from the car & the boot isn't a priority?
The XUV would be my second car (also own a Honda City) and so the lack of a large boot space doesn't really bother me, can live with that constraint.
Don't care too much about touchscreen, or other fancy gadgets as well.

The car should be fast fun to drive and of course handle well. The XUV300 is almost there and though it's not without flaws, I think I can live with it.
Almetal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote