Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 17:19   #211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Thank you Sridhar for your responses. Seems like you are enjoying the ownership. ...
However, to me logically a 1.5l oil burner with an AMT transmission in a comparably smaller vehicle the in-city FE of 12, seems to be quite low. What are your thoughts?..
Also in all your experience of visiting Mahindra service centres and ownership discussions, have you come across any owners of the XUV3oo who have had issues with the AMT or related parts?
Sorry for the delayed response. I had typed in a long reply from my phone and while posting it, the site timed out and my response gone.

Yes, 12KMPL seems low but to be fair, the average speeds (which the infotainment systems captures for every trip) of my trips are in the low 20 KMPH with bumper to bumper traffic. AMT owners on the owners group in Whatsapp also report 12 KMPL but most of them are from Bangalore where the traffic is really bad. Manual owners report very high mileage but majority of them are from North or Tier 2 cities and seem to have much average higher speeds (Based on the photographs of the infotainment console). I have seen the mileage improve with improvement in average speeds for my vehicle.

On AMT, so far haven't heard many complaints but my sample set is made of very few people only. Mahindra seems to have learnt their lessons from the TUV AMT fiasco by ensuring the up shifts happen at a slightly higher RPM (2200-2500), which also may contribute to the slightly lesser FE. The other reason I can think of his the larger cabin without rear vents, warranting me to keep the fan speed at slightly higher speeds for majority of my trip with rear passengers.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:15   #212
Senior - BHPian

I took two longish test drives, and the mileage of 12KMPL seems to be reliable one for city condition. This is mainly because of two reasons, too many stops, and then too quick a pickup to close those gaps.The low city mileage seems to be the obvious outcome of the 300nm torque.
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:45   #213
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 crosses 40,000-unit sales milestone

Quote:
Mahindra’s XUV300, has crossed 40,000-unit sales. The milestone has been achieved in just 11 months from the compact SUV’s February 14, 2019, launch.

The model-wise sales split is, not surprisingly, in favour of diesel. For the first 10 months’ sales of 38,371 units, diesel variants comprised 27,809 units and petrol 10,562, which translates into a diesel/petrol ratio of 72:28 percent. In December 2019, the compact SUV sold 2,132 units, taking its cumulative sales to 40,503 units.
Source: ACI
SpideyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:01   #214
BHPian

XUV 300 gets 5 stars safety rating and highest combined score. .

The altroz has lost the crown in only a few days.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121150355_drive.jpg

Detailed discussion in this thread (Mahindra XUV300 gets 5 stars in Global NCAP crash test)

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st January 2020 at 16:45. Reason: Adding link to discussion thread.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:17   #215
BHPian

We have seen Indian cars scoring 5 stars in Global New Car Assessment Program crash tests in the Tata Nexon and Tata Altroz and definitely Tata has set the bar high for passenger safety with its cars. But now, Mahindra joins Tata in finally having a 5 star rated car and it is the Mahindra XUV300 which scored 5 stars in the latest round of global NCAP crash tests. In fact, not only does the XUV300 score 5 stars but it outshines the Tata duo, scoring more points than the other two. The Mahindra XUV300 scored a maximum of 16.42 points out of a possible 17, while the Altroz scored 16.13 points and the Nexon scored 16.06 points. This makes the Mahindra XUV300 the safest tested Indian car by Global NCAP. It scored 5 stars in adult occupant safety and 4 stars in child safety, which is the highest rating that any Indian car has received so far. The XUV300 scored 37.44 points out of a possible 49 points while the Nexon and the Altroz scored 25 and 29 points respectively.

Source

Following TM footsteps of scoring 5* in GNCAP is another homegrown manufacturer, 'MAHINDRA'. Proud of Indian manufacturers making products which are absolutely safe and leading the pack (safety aspect). Hope others do lend an ear and build strong and safe vehicles. Way to go!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-pegt6b4o_mahindraxuv300_625x300_21_january_20.jpg  

Last edited by AutoAficionado : 21st January 2020 at 15:21.
AutoAficionado is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:43   #216
BANNED

Great show by Mahindra. Altroz is officially dethroned by XUV300. I hope XUV300 would be dethroned by a Maruti (no pun intended ).
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 16:27   #217
BHPian

Mahindra has dethroned TATA to be the current safety king of Indian mass market cars. This seems to be as interesting as those WWE wrestling championship titles. These 5 star safety results are always a good news for the car buyer.

Quoting the remarks from GNCAP report :

ADULT OCCUPANT
The protection offered to the driver and passenger’s head and neck was good. Driver’s chest showed adequate protection while passenger’s chest received good protection. Driver and passenger’s knees showed good protection. Passenger’s tibias showed good protection and driver’s tibias showed adequate and good protection. Driver’s feet showed adequate protection. The bodyshell was rated as stable and it was capable of withstanding further loadings. Footwell area was rated as stable. Side impact Regulation UN95: the car met technical requirements of regulation UN95 as standard. The vehicle has standard SBR for driver and passenger. The car has standard ABS.

CHILD OCCUPANT
The child seat for the 3 year old was installed FWF with ISOFIX and top tether and was able to prevent excessive forward movement during the impact offering fair protection to the chest. The 18 month old CRS was installed with ISOFIX and support leg and protection offered to the 1.5 year old dummy was good. The recommended CRSs did not show incompatibility. The vehicle offers standard ISOFIX and top tether anchorages in the 2
outboard rear seats and does not offer 3 point belts in all seating positions. The car offers passenger airbag disconnection switch in case a RWF CRS needs to be installed in the front passenger seat.

http://www.globalncap.org/results/

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121161042__01.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121161054__01.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121161108__01__01.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121162404.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200121162431.jpg

Last edited by albertprince : 21st January 2020 at 16:34.
albertprince is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 22:46   #218
BHPian

Question to Mahindra XUV300 Petrol owners, how is your overall experience with the below:

1. Overall reliability of the car and after sales service.
2. Average fuel economy in city and highway.
3. Availability and cost of spares
4. Seating comfort, both front and rear (extremely important)
5. How well is the car ageing? Any rattles or failures?
6. Any issues with the turbocharged petrol engine?

I'm currently considering a petrol W6 variant for myself. I'm 5'11 and my family members are in 5"3 or 5"4 range. The boot space does bother me but I am willing to make the compromise since you cant get everything at a budget of 10 lakhs on road. I've considered Nexon and Altroz before putting XUV300 on the priority list. Any useful insights on the vehicle would be appreciated. I plan to keep the vehicle for the next 7-8 years minimum so need one that ages gracefully. My annual run is anywhere between 9-12k so not considering diesel.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 22:57   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
Mahindra has dethroned TATA to be the current safety king of Indian mass market cars.
With 7 airbags, ESP and all wheel disc, XUV3oo is a true 5 star safety car in our market! Credits to Tata too for being the first mover.

Hope this helps them in better sales!
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 15:01   #220
BHPian

Friends, I'm in the market for a C-SUV and am currently evaluating Ecosport, Nexon and XUV300. One of the most important requirements is a compliant suspension, the others being safety and a decent AT (petrol/diesel).

I'll be taking test drive of XUV300 tomorrow, but before that, I wanted to check with you about something:
Is it possible to replace the 17-inch tyres of the top-end variant with the 16-inchers of the lower variants without voiding warranty? Not sure if TPMS etc. might come in the way. Even if it's technically possible, would the SA/dealer agree to this? How should I go about discussing this with them? I need 7 airbags, so settling for other variants isn't an option.
Old 28th January 2020, 15:04   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
Friends, I'm in the market for a C-SUV and am currently evaluating Ecosport, Nexon and XUV300. One of the most important requirements is a compliant suspension, the others being safety and a decent AT (petrol/diesel).
Not sure about the answer to your specific question, but on a side note- If a pliant ride is a primary criteria, Ecosport is not a great candidate. It has other strengths, but ride quality is definitely better in the Nexon and XUV.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 15:13   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
If a pliant ride is a primary criteria, Ecosport is not a great candidate.
Thanks mate. I'm aware of this, and I was expecting the Ecosport to be the least compliant of these three. However, when I took back-to-back TD's of Ecosport and Nexon, I (and my wife too) felt the Ecosport to be more comfortable over the same stretch of bad roads than the Nexon. I'm not sure why that was the case. For one, the Nexon's tyres felt over-inflated and the car itself felt much more abused than the Ecosport TD car. Moreover, the seats were more comfortable on the Ecosport.

I'll be TD'ing XUV300 on the same stretch of (pot-hole ridden) roads. I'll also evaluate the facelifted Nexon for any difference in ride quality before finalizing.

Last edited by vivek_lm : 28th January 2020 at 15:14. Reason: Added a missing detail.
Old 28th January 2020, 15:32   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Three of them were great cars in their own way. The best way to arrive at a decision is to take multiple back to back test rides.

If AT is a mandatory requirement, then your selection becomes easier, you can go ahead with Ecosport, and eliminate Nexon and XUV300 as they come with AMT.

If you are okay with manuals, then you are in for confusion again, as said above only test drives will help you.

Note, each car comes with its own set of pros & cons, and few incomparable unique features, look for the set that matches your requirement and take the plunge.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 15:39   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. I'm aware of this, and I was expecting the Ecosport to be the least compliant of these three.
Actually, it IS the least compliant, because both the Nexon and XUV have relatively better ride qualities for sure. In fact, the stiffer suspension of the Ecosport was one of the reasons I did not go ahead with purchasing it a year back, given that my driving was mainly on the broken Bangalore roads. Might have been something wrong with the particular Nexon that you test drove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
If you are okay with manuals, then you are in for confusion again, as said above only test drives will help you.
In terms of the manuals' performance, the Ecosport and XUV are both pretty good, though the XUV has a slight advantage in terms of a more torquey and powerful engine as compared to the ES. The ES was never known as a blazing performer, but as on overall package, its a great car.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 16:25   #225
BHPian

More Powerful XUV300 Sportz Edition Showcased

New 1.2TGDI - 130 PS, 230 NM

Source: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...7311/#leadform
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-images-11.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks