Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:57   #1171
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
You can wire the dashcam inside the rubber lining of the door. Under the door and below the carpets. And then up to the power source. For zero visible wires use the usb port behind the armrest.
Thanks for the input. But before entering the rubber lining of the door, a part of the wire would have to cross A pillar. So how can I hide the wire in A-pillar with it having an airbag module?
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:12   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Thanks for the input. But before entering the rubber lining of the door, a part of the wire would have to cross A pillar. So how can I hide the wire in A-pillar with it having an airbag module?
Let me share my insights around it since I have got the installation done at the TATA motors service centre. There are no airbags in A-pillar.
Airbags are placed inside the dashboard in front of the passenger and another one on the steering wheel. After that, another two sets which are the side airbags are placed on the side of both the front seats. And last another two sets are running from A-pillar to the C-pillar as curtain airbags are placed under the headliner where the grab handles are present.

You can route your cable easily through A-pillar. In order to open the A-pillar, there is a screw under the plastic cap which has Airbag written over it. Try to unplug the plastic part by pushing it towards you, then you will be able to see the screw. After unscrewing the nut, you will be able to open the A-pillar and then route the cable below through the door rubber beadings. Hope that helps.
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:59   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Airbags are placed inside the dashboard in front of the passenger and another one on the steering wheel. After that, another two sets which are the side airbags are placed on the side of both the front seats. And last another two sets are running from A-pillar to the C-pillar as curtain airbags are placed under the headliner where the grab handles are present.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for sharing the information. Can you also help me with following queries:

1.) In the video below at 2:43 mins, I see a white sac type of thing. Is that an airbag ?

2.) Also there is a white flat cable at 2:40 mins, is that an airbag impact sensor?

Last edited by steadfast : 3rd August 2021 at 19:03.
steadfast is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:42   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If true - this has to be the real best news of the year from Tata motors.
It is true. SA from Gokulam Tata Motors, Chennai called me and confirmed this now. Asked him to ping me once the prices are out. People who are ok with 2 airbags but want automatic and all features will surely benefit out of this. Good move by Tata. The gap between public cry and reaction is reducing slowly

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:29   #1175

Got my Telesto Grey Harrier XZA delivered today after waiting period of ~6 weeks. The delivery experience was smooth, had done an extensive PDI couple of days back using the tbhp checklist (it was super helpful).

The SA matched the insurance to the quote I got on policy bazaar, even included additional add-ons. Overall the experience was transperent and pleasant. Hope for similar experience with TASS in future (fingers-crossed).

Managed to squeeze in a short spin on the Bengaluru ORR, Harrier really feels at home on highways.

Here are a couple of pics post the customary pooja
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20210803_184235.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20210803_184246.jpg  

girishss is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:20   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the information. Can you also help me with following queries:

1.) In the video below at 2:43 mins, I see a white sac type of thing. Is that an airbag ?

2.) Also there is a white flat cable at 2:40 mins, is that an airbag impact sensor?

https://Youtu.be/92kQbj1jeak?t=158
Hey steadfast,

1) At 2:43, what you see is not an airbag but a sound deadening material, you can find that in plenty at a lot many places. Next time you open the hood, try to look into the fenders and you will see it there as well.

2) That's neither a white cable nor a sensor. Sensor for side/curtain airbag is mostly placed in B-pillar or doors.

Where are you located in Ghaziabad, DM me.
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:28   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post
Got my Telesto Grey Harrier XZA delivered today after waiting period of ~6 weeks. The delivery experience was smooth, had done an extensive PDI couple of days back using the tbhp checklist (it was super helpful).

The SA matched the insurance to the quote I got on policy bazaar, even included additional add-ons. Overall the experience was transperent and pleasant. Hope for similar experience with TASS in future (fingers-crossed).

Managed to squeeze in a short spin on the Bengaluru ORR, Harrier really feels at home on highways.

Here are a couple of pics post the customary pooja
Congratulations for your new steed Your car is quite a looker. Did you manage to get some discounts ?

Last edited by Sheel : 6th August 2021 at 09:05. Reason: Punctuation mark space.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:07   #1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashodhanGanu View Post
Congratulations for your new steed Your car is quite a looker. Did you manage to get some discounts ?
Thanks @YashodhanGanu

Got the consumer offer of 25k, got the insurance price matched to about 65k (it was 1.24lac in the price list ) and got 5k off on branded TaMo basic accessories. I had the option of getting another 40k as exchange bonus, but chose not to exchange. Dealer did not have any logistics/handling charges listed in the price list.

Probably could have pushed a little more for discounts on basic car price, but hey, they need to make some money too.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th August 2021 at 09:06. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
girishss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 20:40   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hey steadfast,

2) That's neither a white cable nor a sensor. Sensor for side/curtain airbag is mostly placed in B-pillar or doors.

Where are you located in Ghaziabad, DM me.
I was talking about this white strip. Seems to be an Airbag sensor connecting airbag to A pillar.

Sent you a DM for my location in Ghaziabad.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-airbag.jpg  

Old 5th August 2021, 19:09   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssm2021 View Post
The service centre have been able to reproduce the problem (for SCR System Fault) now. But are unable to find a solution for it yet. I am told that the issue has been escalated to Tata Motors and they are awaiting response from them. 3 days now the car is with them.
Its 7 days and counting and the car is still with the service center. Apparently the Tata Motors engineers visited the service centre, disassembled the SCR unit entirely and redid the assembly. On doing that the SCR system fault went away, however the DEF tank indicator started showing erroneous signals.

Now the ECU is being completely replaced with a new unit. The ECU is ordered and awaiting delivery apparently.

Any leads on what to look out for and what to expect in this scenario? I am really uncomfortable with all this on a brand new car. Doesn't instill confidence in the new car's reliability. I worry if the same factory settings would be retained or if the enough quality checks will be performed now at the service centre while a new ECU unit is being fit.

I seriously regret my decision to buy this car
ssm2021 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 01:02   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
I was talking about this white strip. Seems to be an Airbag sensor connecting airbag to A pillar.

Sent you a DM for my location in Ghaziabad.
Yeah, I got it that you are talking about this white strip. It could be anything but at least not the sensor for airbags. Fellow Bhpians can throw some light on what it could be though.
Old 6th August 2021, 07:18   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Now the ECU is being completely replaced with a new unit. The ECU is ordered and awaiting delivery apparently.
What appears to be a wiring harness related issue , ECU fault is rare.

Allow dealership sufficient time but insist on getting the vehicle fully tested before handing it over to you.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 14:40   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Its 7 days and counting and the car is still with the service center.

I seriously regret my decision to buy this car
The Harrier is just impossible to ignore, when you see one passing by on the road. It is also impossible to ignore due to such such incidents.

Every time I look at a Harrier as a possible upgrade, I keep running into such incidents on this forum. Occasional issues are a given and one is prepared to live with it. But how quickly it gets resolved, and how fuss free is that experience, plays a huge part in the ownership experience.
ZB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 23:18   #1184
MaG
BHPian

Hello folks,

My Harrier(XZA) has clocked 5000 kms. I took delivery on 28th May,21. Can somebody give me a solution to my 2 issues

1) Squeaking sound of brakes at lower speeds. I've read that this is a common issue with Harrier. Has anybody been able to get rid of it. If yes, how?

2) I feel the accelerater is hard. Has anybody witnessed this? If yes, is there a solution to this? I feel my foot hurting after a normal days drove of 60-70 kms.

Thanks!
Old 7th August 2021, 21:24   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Its 7 days and counting and the car is still with the service center. Apparently the Tata Motors engineers visited the service centre, disassembled the SCR unit entirely and redid the assembly. On doing that the SCR system fault went away, however the DEF tank indicator started showing erroneous signals.

Got the car today after 9 days. The ECU has been replaced. The Tata Motors engineers have recommended to change the DEF tank as well apparently. The service centre have ordered the DEF tank which will take another week. They would take the car back for a day to change the tank once it arrives. I expect to get the documentation of all work carried out once this is done. Will keep this group posted, in case it helps anyone.

All this is in the warranty obviously. I drove it short distance, and it seems fine for now. Not clear why they want to change the DEF tank too though. Hope to get that clarity in the days to come. But I am assured that I can drive the car meanwhile and it would be no issue.
ssm2021 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks