Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 06:15   #1021
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I am planning to take it for 20 Lakh max. Is that a fair price? New car on road price is 25 Lakh here.
I will propose to have an extended test drive of the car and check the service history( if owner is registered then TMSC app will give this )
Check for transmission damages, extended warranty, electrical issues, sensor issues( ecu warnings) , steering alignment, sunroof leaking, infotainment cluster and instrument cluster
greyhound82 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:23   #1022
BHPian

Hi All,

Quick Query on my Harrier. Howe does windshield washer jet behaves in your car. In mine the water sprayed is on bottom of windshield glass. swiping the wiper to clean i'm afraid it will scratch the top and middle portion of the glass. I tried to go through manual. Am I missing any settings here. Mine is XZA+.
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:15   #1023
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

My car has gone for the first service (6 months) today. Anything specific I should look out for? What precautions should I take? Any guidance at all would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Ownership Update :
Completed the 15k service today. Experience was smooth and got the car duly washed and vacuumed. Touchwood, there is no niggles so far and car drives beautifully well. Currently getting a mileage of 15km/l(MID) for 950km trip consist of 4 people + luggage. The infotainment software got updated to version 16.09.

Paid a total of 11,800/- for 15k service. Bill details are shown below

Attachment 2172890

Attachment 2172892
This is really helpful.

Today I actually sent my driver to the service centre. I couldn't go. I was mistaken to think that this was a free service. So I sent him with just 5000 bucks cash. I came to know now that only the labour cost is free. So I might have to send him money through GPay.

I am getting the wheel alignment done from a known tyre shop, not from the service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
@BigSmoke.
I purchased DEF can of 10 litres from TASS in March 2021. It costed approximately Rs 700/-.
Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:28   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Today I actually sent my driver to the service centre. I couldn't go. I was mistaken to think that this was a free service. So I sent him with just 5000 bucks cash
6 month service is just a check up. I paid 639 /- bucks. Just def top up and wheel alignment. Tell them to update the infotainment software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,

Quick Query on my Harrier. Howe does windshield washer jet behaves in your car.
In my case too and in all Harrier , it’s a spray rather than a strong jet of water. So far didn’t observe any scratches but may be there is a chance

Last edited by greyhound82 : 2nd July 2021 at 10:38.
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:42   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
6 month service is just a check up. I paid 639 /- bucks. Just def top up and wheel alignment. Tell them to update the infotainment software.
That's some good news. Thanks.
Let's see what all extra the SA tries to sell me this time. Last time (at 2 months service) he managed to sell me a greasing & lubricating package for 350 bucks.
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:53   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Quick Query on my Harrier. Howe does windshield washer jet behaves in your car. In mine the water sprayed is on bottom of windshield glass. swiping the wiper to clean i'm afraid it will scratch the top and middle portion of the glass. I tried to go through manual. Am I missing any settings here. Mine is XZA+.
You can adjust the direction (up-down) of the spray nozzle using the flat screw driver.

Last edited by beast_within : 2nd July 2021 at 10:54. Reason: edited for more clarity
beast_within is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:37   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Let's see what all extra the SA tries to sell me this time. Last time (at 2 months service) he managed to sell me a greasing & lubricating package for 350 bucks.
Considering how bad the covid situation is for car dealers, i would say we can let the guard down this time and allow us to be sold such extra services for couple more hundred bucks. No harm. Let's just think it is charity. It is a matter of staying afloat vs winding down for many of them so lets lend a hand and not take it to heart.
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:49   #1028
BHPian

Got the second servicing done today (4100 km, 6 months). Here's the bill-

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210702wa0004.jpg

At the beginning the SA told me that "Sir, I don't see the anti-rust treatment done to your car. So should I do it this time?" Obviously I said no. In the last service (2 months after purchase) also, the SA (another guy) had tried selling me this, saying "sir everyone gets it done. This is what we do at the first service." Whatever, I said no.

This time again he tried selling me the lubricating & greasing package, to which I promptly said no. In the job Card, he had literally written 420 bucks beside 2nd free service. I asked him what the money was for, and he said "sir we'll check your car, all fluid levels, brakes and all". So I asked him that you'll charge 420 bucks for checking? He then said, "no sir, we'll lubricate the door hinges, grease brake calipers and all." Then I told him that he's basically selling me a lubricating packages to which he agreed. I made him understand then that he's selling me some product, but writing something else in the job Card. He better not be doing it.

Finally, just got the DEF refilled and they washed the entire car and cleaned the interiors.
Even though I got the wheel alignment done at a reputed tyre shop, the car still pulls to the left, same as before. Had a word with BHPian greyHound82 about this, he suggested to get the car checked at the workshop.

Huge thanks to @greyhound82 for extending his hand and giving me time to provide a lot of information. He's truly a very warm person.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 2nd July 2021 at 23:53.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 00:07   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even though I got the wheel alignment done at a reputed tyre shop, the car still pulls to the left, same as before.
Big tyres, expensive tyres - take care if this quickly. If the reputed tyre shop was not able to correct the alignment it is because they do not want to bother with it or do not know what to do with it, because if there is a problem which they cannot correct, they should be able to provide you the variance on a piece of paper for you to get corrected at the dealership - say something needs to be dismantled and adjusted etc.

Try locating a place that has this ,make sure it's the master who is doing the work.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20210629_134827.jpg
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:00   #1030
BHPian

Ownership Update(Oil pressure Warning in flash mode is service reminder in Harrier):

1.After 15k service, that is after the first oil change the engine felt more responsive and silent.

2.Felt a slight increase in mileage figures

Yesterday while I was driving through a forest stretch post 8pm, a red oil pressure warning started flashing on the dash. I got worried, thought it's engine oil leakage as during service almost 5l went to the oil tank. So immediately stopped the car and called the service centre guys. They told me that a flashing sign is a service reminder indication and they forgot to reset it during the service. Normally service reminders are coming as either text or a spanner sign. I got it verified from Harrier ownership group.
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:54   #1031
BHPian

Tata Harrier Dark/Black edition with more power coming soon? - Seriously with more power?
#dark
#harrier
Old 3rd July 2021, 18:27   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have a Safari and it was the exact problem which I quoted during the first service. When you open the bonnet of the car, you can see that wiper fluid outlets are actually movable and you can yourself move using a screw driver to a position of your liking. Else just take it to service center. Its a 5 minutes job.
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 07:30   #1033
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Mine behaved the same. Got the setting corrected during my 1st service. Now the spray is even across the windshield.

Cheers
MaG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 01:26   #1034
BHPian

Went for PDI for ZXA+ on Saturday 2nd July to AutoVikas Moti Nagar, Delhi. The car was parked with other stock, 20-30 cars, in a yard 200 meters from the showroom.

Didn't find any major issue and only had the below observations.

1. No major panel gaps and the spacing was largely symmetrical on both sides except the boot (pictures attached). There is more gap on the left side.

2. There is a gap in the left headlamp cluster (pictures of both sides attached). the right headlamp cluster is flush on all sides.

3. quality of plastics in general, rubber beading around the door and seat cover stitching (pic attached) is not very good. I was quite put off by this. I expected better interior quality from a 24L car.

4. The plastic seat cover in the rear was partially off. I don't remember clearly but it could have come off because of me also.

5. Sales rep had two keys. he was also surprised they sent two

6. the odometer read 78km on which the sales rep said the stock yard is in alipur and there is a PDI done there also in which they drive a bit. Not sure if he's making this up. also when in turned the car on AC turned on and music started playing. Some driver used to the car to ferry people around? how can I ascertain this?

7. A sticker on the engine bay read 7/06/2021. The chassis number also confirmed its a June manufacture.

The sales rep didn't allow us to drive the car but I turned the car on and tried most of the functions and everything seemed fine.

Questions

Can the minor panel gap difference in the boot (1) and the headlamp cluster gap (2) and the seat cover stitching be fixed at the dealer/service center end?

Regarding point #6 above, I can't really do anything here can I? there's no sure fire way for me to know where and why the car was driven 78km before delivery.

I still haven't given my go ahead for loan disbursement, so I can ask them to get these few things fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_102033529.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_102027073.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_101936771.night.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_101929017.night.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_102410519.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20210703_102506195.jpg  

moh1t is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 13:52   #1035
BHPian

[quote=.I always wanted TATA & Mahindra to succeed but at this moment I would not buy them. Is it that difficult when a new entrant like KIA has a better process. Probably it is the 'Indian Attitude' that it is fine to have some issues, that doesn't help them. Or may be they should revamp their dealerships and be more strict with them.[/quote]

I have a slight different opinion about Mahindra. I have used XUV 500 for around 5 years and around 80000 kms. Always the service centre has provided excellent service and there was no niggle, no major maintenance cost at all. Further, two more of my friends own the same car, and one of them had run around 1 Lakh kms, and another is still running at 30 K kms. Even they have not had any issue with the car or service centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks