Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 20:25   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Few days ago i looked under the hoot and got surprised to see Rust forming. My vehicle is not even 6 months old:
Might be off topic here. But here is the engine bay of my 3 years 3 months old Safari Storme. The engine bay is completely rust free.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20210609_183328.jpg

My question is, does parking area influence rusting? I mean, my storme is always parked in a closed car park free from hot sun and rains. Is there a chance that your car was exposed to a lot of rains, being parked outside? Even then, what are the chances of rusting inside the engine bay!? That's concerning. Is there a design flaw that results in water retention at certain parts of the bay?

Would be helpful to know from other harrier owners if they have noticed similar rust formation on their cars.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 9th June 2021 at 20:29.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 14:38   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
My question is, does parking area influence rusting? I mean, my storme is always parked in a closed car park free from hot sun and rains. Is there a chance that your car was exposed to a lot of rains, being parked outside? Even then, what are the chances of rusting inside the engine bay!? That's concerning. Is there a design flaw that results in water retention at certain parts of the bay?
First off, Thank you for replying. I absolutely love the sparkling engine bay of your vehicle. I do park my Harrier in the open just like my other vehicles. this is only 5 months old with barely exposed to any rain. Plus the area where the rust is formed is quite well covered by design so i am not sure what really caused it. But i can say with certainty that none of the other cars(Maruti 800, Alto, Ford Figo, Renault Logan, VW polo) had any rust issues ever during my ownership of 20 years in the same open spot & with all the torrential NCR rains & other things mother nature threw at them!

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd July 2021 at 08:19. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 15th June 2021, 12:48   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
My car had gone for service couple months ago where the engine bay was wiped only by the staff. Few days ago i looked under the hoot and got surprised to see Rust forming. My vehicle is not even 6 months old:
That rust is a bit of a shocker on a 6 month old car. Just thinking could water be seeping inside and staying there during your regular car wash or something? Water is hard in Ghaziabad for sure, so that could be a possible reason.
Old 18th June 2021, 12:36   #1009
BHPian

Hello everyone. This is an update regarding an old issue of mine.

Issue-
Some members might remember that a small part in my car was missing since the day of delivery. I have an XZA+ (DT) variant & took delivery on 7 Jan 21 from Dulichand Motors, Kolkata. I'll re-post the picture of the missing part-

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-behind-drivers-seat..jpeg

This is the area behind the driver's seat.
I had reported the missing part to my Sales Advisor a week after taking delivery when I spotted the issue. He assured me that it'll be taken care of in the first service.

Course of action-

In the 1st service ( Mar 21, Dulichand Motors Workshop) my Service Advisor (SA) told me that the part is out of stock. I contacted the Spare Parts Manager (SPM) as well, and he confirmed that the part is unavailable. Also, he said that it's the first time he has seen such a part missing, that's why it's out of stock. For the same reason, he didn't even know the part no. and wasn't able to figure it out from the parts catalogue. therefore, he has raised a query with Tata Motors.

Both of them, the SA & SPM assured me that they would get back to me as soon as the part is received. As expected, nobody contacted me back with any update at all. A few days later I contacted my SA through WhatsApp, and he said there are no updates. A few weeks later, the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) called for feedback on the service. I re-iterated the issue to him, and he too assured me that he'll look into it.

Several months passed. I received no updates. I also became busy with work and didn't pursue the case. Then West Bengal announced lockdown from 15 May 21, and we were back to full home confinement. This gave me an opportunity to follow up on the issue and I wrote an email to Tata Motors Customer (TMCC) care directly on 3 Jun 21. I had a problem with the registration in the TMSC app as well, which I mentioned in the emial.

The response from TMCC was prompt. They said that they had forwarded the email to the regional sales manager and to the service head at Dulichand Motors. They even provided me with the regional sales head's contact number. In 2 days, a guy called me and helped me register in the TMSC app. The process was smooth. But even several days later, nobody contacted me regarding the missing part replacement issue. So I wrote an email again. TMCC expressed their apologies and forwarded the email again to Dulichand Motors.

The next day (i.e. yesterday) the CRM from Dulichand motors called me, enquired about the issue and the missing part. I re-iterated the issue. He said that he had the part in stock for several months, but the SA had forgotten to inform me of the same and he accepted their mistake. He assured me that the same SA would come to my place tomorrow (i.e. today) and fix the part. He asked me for a suitable time and fixed an appointment.

I received a call from the CRM again today morning, stating that the SA had left the workshop and everything was as per schedule. I appreciated that call. The Sa then called and asked for directions.After some time, the SA along with a technician came to my house and replaced the part. The work was quickly & satisfactorily done. This is the part they replaced-

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20210618_104100.jpg

Before leaving, they made me fill up the feedback form, followed by a call from the CRM who took note of the completion of the job and apologised for the inconvenience caused in the last 3 months. He also requested me to provide a positive feedback when I receive the call from Tata Motors.

Final Thoughts-

The issue with both the sales and service team of Tata Motors is that they lack the initiative. They will only do the minimum amount of work required. And they are lackadaisical, as you can see in my case. However, the service they provide (as of now) is good. Although it is too early to say, I have not yet experienced any major setback or horrific experience from their end. The technicians are knowledgeable enough since they work on the same car repeatedly. And the usual up-selling tricks of the service advisors are present. Now, only time will tell what they have in store for me.

And once you report your issue to someone higher-up in the management chain, then they become extremely cooperative and give time to sort out your issues. For example, the doorstep service which I received, the no. of the Reginal Sales head, along with the CRM repeatedly telling me that in future if I had any issues, I should directly contact him, and the SA also extending the same commitment and bringing out the fact that he stays near my house itself.

Maybe the problem could've been dealt with earlier ( in March or April) itself, had I written the email to TMCC then. But overall, I'm more than satisfied with the support and quality of service I received. Now at least whenever my car goes to the workshop, I can expect slightly better service and response from the team than what I would've otherwise received.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 18th June 2021 at 12:38.
Big Smoke is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 19:04   #1010

Went for a TD yesterday and loved the AT, smooth shifts and well integrated. Surprisingly easy to drive in city with great views all around, the rear window is too small though.

The showroom experience was great, salesperson was knowledgeable and not at all pushy.

Booked the XZA variant in Telesto Grey colour, ETA is 6 weeks. So the wait begins!
girishss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:35   #1011
BHPian

Can someone please share the rate of DEF in the service center?
My car is currently running low on DEF. No petrol pump near my house has DEF. So I thought of buying some from Amazon, but only if its rate is at par with the ASS.

Also, if anyone knows a place which sells DEF in Kolkata, kindly let me know.

Thanks.
Old 24th June 2021, 00:01   #1012
BHPian

@BigSmoke.
I purchased DEF can of 10 litres from TASS in March 2021. It costed approximately Rs 700/-.
Nayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 10:09   #1013
BHPian

After numerous anxious moments, lock down irritation, rules, night curfew, bought home Harrier Dark edition xza+ home yesterday. While driving had a feeling of kids going to school for the first time. Sheer size will take few more days to get used to.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-harrier.jpeg  

Endofdayz is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 12:07   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
bought home Harrier Dark edition xza+ home yesterday.
Congrats for the Harrier. You will get used to the size within 100 km. Best option is to go for a road trip and this will help you to understand the ride better.

Many more miles ahead with the beast.

MOD NOTE: Please capitalize where required and a punctuation mark is to be followed by a space. Request you to please proof read your post before submitting it.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th June 2021 at 12:43. Reason: Mod note attached.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 12:44   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
congrats for the Harrier . you will get used to the size within 100 km . Best option is to go for a road trip and this will help you to understand the ride better

Many more miles ahead with the beast
True that. Planning for one. waiting for the corona restrictions to be lifted.
Old 25th June 2021, 11:44   #1016
BHPian

My car loan has gotten approved and the sales rep is requesting payment. I understand that I should release the loan amount only after doing a PDI at the stockyard, but at what stage do I make the down-payment?

The sales rep said you'll have to do full payment a day or two before the delivery date for their finance team to acknowledge the payment.
Old 27th June 2021, 01:36   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
at what stage do I make the down-payment?

The sales rep said you'll have to do full payment a day or two before the delivery date for their finance team to acknowledge the payment.
I would do a PDI on car and then do it again on day of payment and make payment. Usually one day before delivery is best time to do it.
sunnsood is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 20:18   #1018
BHPian

Ownership Update :
Completed the 15k service today. Experience was smooth and got the car duly washed and vacuumed. Touchwood, there is no niggles so far and car drives beautifully well. Currently getting a mileage of 15km/l(MID) for 950km trip consist of 4 people + luggage. The infotainment software got updated to version 16.09.

Paid a total of 11,800/- for 15k service. Bill details are shown below

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-de6224a10c694bfaa04647422decc561_1_201_a.jpeg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-fecbacb2f81b471d86242a9acab65c98_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited by greyhound82 : 29th June 2021 at 20:42.
greyhound82 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 16:51   #1019
BHPian

Reposting here due to lack of response on the used car thread.

I am considering a 10 month old Harrier XZA+ with 10k odo. Owner is asking for 21 Lakh. I am planning to take it for 20 Lakh max. Is that a fair price? New car on road price is 25 Lakh here.
Old 2nd July 2021, 01:52   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Reposting here due to lack of response on the used car thread.

I am considering a 10 month old Harrier XZA+ with 10k odo. Owner is asking for 21 Lakh. I am planning to take it for 20 Lakh max. Is that a fair price? New car on road price is 25 Lakh here.
Check on olx throughout our country what others are selling it for, you might get some idea. Moreover ask for the service history or go to the service center and ask yourself, a person selling in just 10 months is a red flag, maybe a genuine seller too. 21 seems to be a fair price if there's nothing wrong with the car.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks