Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2024, 13:04   #691
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Having owned the new i20 close to three years now, these are my brief thoughts on the car:
1. The overall build of the car is a notch down from the previous generation car, I can say this with confidence having owned the previous generation i20.
2. Further to point no. 1, noticeable rattles started within the first 20,000 kms, particularly from the dashboard, the service Center has not been able to rectify this issue.
3. The ride quality is certainly stiffer than the outgoing generation.
4. The front left ABS sensor malfunctioned and is replaced under warranty.
5. The right and left tail lamps also malfunctioned and were similarly replaced free of cost.
Laxman9192 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 14:04   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mp View Post
Issues with my i20 Sportz iVT. Should I have this checked now or wait?

I got my i20 Sportz iVT in Dec 2023 (facelift edition). All in all good experience so far but a couple of times the car has gone a little crazy on me so wondering if I should have it checked now or wait for the first service in Feb.

2. A few days later the car was stopped at a turn (in D mode). When traffic cleared I lifted my foot off the brake expecting the car to creep but it didn't move, at all. Light pressing of the accelerator didn't do anything either. By now the folks behind me had started screaming so I hit the accelerator full on and the car moved and then I was able to control the speed and drive away.

I had the Hyundai service center install the DHC 360 Camera, there have been no other customization. I have heard of the earlier i20's defective fuel pump issues causing the car to stall, could the facelift version have inherited it? I have a feeling even if I take it to the service center they might not find anything as it's been so sporadic. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Check the wiring of the new system. If the aftermarket rear camera is powered by the stock rear camera wire via some adapter, it is not enough power generated.
This causes a lag in the gear selection and explains why you car didnt move when you put it in D.

The aftermarket camera should be receive the signal from stock reverse camera wire via the adaptor along with a wire tap the reverse light for power.

Sorry for the layman terms but this could be a reason. Aftermarket stuff is complicated nowadays.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 19:51   #693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to Shreeharsha Thulapule for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Attachment 2208328

Attachment 2208329

I don't think the same thing's applicable to Android Auto. I've tried enabling that setting, it just takes away the option to put anything else on the side.
Old 5th February 2024, 11:51   #694
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 Sportz (O) variant launched at Rs 8.73 lakh

Hyundai has introduced a new variant of the i20 hatchback. The Sportz (O) variant is priced at Rs 8.73 lakh (ex-showroom) and gets three additional features over the Sportz trim.

Hyundai i20 Review-hyundaii20rightfrontthreequarter1.jpg

The new variant is based on the Sportz trim and is positioned blow the top-spec Asta trim. For an additional Rs 35,000, customers get an electric sunroof, a wireless charger, and a leatherette finish on the door armrests.

Hyundai i20 Review-hyundaii20sunroofmoonroof2.jpg

The i20 Sportz (O) is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 115 Nm. The engine is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Sportz (O) variant is also available with dual-tone colour options priced at Rs 8.88 lakh (ex-showroom).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 14:44   #695
BHPian

They have given a sunroof but still no rear wash and wipe. Could have included that too and price would have been what, max 8.99 lakh ex showroom. This alone could have made the trim much more desirable for informed buyers.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 5th February 2024 at 14:46.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 20:37   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
They have given a sunroof but still no rear wash and wipe. Could have included that too and price would have been what, max 8.99 lakh ex showroom. This alone could have made the trim much more desirable for informed buyers.
I have the 2nd gen i20 asta (o). The rear wash and wipe isn’t all that useful tbh. It was a novelty back in 2015 and got people talking but nowadays I only use the rear camera and the side mirrors. I can’t even remember the last time I used it. Also every time I use it, it makes the entire rear of the car become extremely dirty and I need hose all the dried muck off.

I think it’s just another feature that’s given undue importance. I wish my car had 2 reverse lights instead.

Last edited by Cresterk : 5th February 2024 at 21:06.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 22:05   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I think it’s just another feature that’s given undue importance. I wish my car had 2 reverse lights instead.
I politely disagree.

We have this feature in the i10 and Creta. I have found it very useful in rains. The rear of the car gets covered in muck during the drives in rain and even rain water streams down on the glass during crawling traffic making it impossible to see the rear traffic. Then the rear wash and wipe comes to the rescue.

I drive my FIL's Swift which doesn't have this feature and it is a serious handicap during such times. The reversing lamp can be augmented with an aftermarket light or even brighter bulbs but the rear wash and wipe is not an easy or cheap install.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 00:25   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I politely disagree.

We have this feature in the i10 and Creta. I have found it very useful in rains. The rear of the car gets covered in muck during the drives in rain and even rain water streams down on the glass during crawling traffic making it impossible to see the rear traffic. Then the rear wash and wipe comes to the rescue.

I drive my FIL's Swift which doesn't have this feature and it is a serious handicap during such times. The reversing lamp can be augmented with an aftermarket light or even brighter bulbs but the rear wash and wipe is not an easy or cheap install.
Why does the muck even matter though. The headlights of the cars in the rear are still visible nonetheless. When going in reverse, you have the camera and sensors which are much more useful than IRVM
Old 6th February 2024, 01:49   #699
BHPian

Quote:
I agree to certain extent with this. I guess it depends on case by case basis. Someone who lives in area which receives good amount of rainfall may think of this as a must have feature. For someone like me who lives in a dry area will not take this into consideration while purchasing. On occasional rainy drives I never missed the rear viper.
Old 6th February 2024, 06:58   #700
BHPian

Quote:
The headlights of the cars in the rear are still visible nonetheless. When going in reverse, you have the camera and sensors which are much more useful than IRVM
I regularly glace my ORVMs and IRVM while driving. It's a habit now. During day time most vehicles don't use headlights during rains and even when they are on, the water on the glass spreads them and all I see is white background. Most of the time cameras also get covered in muck and doesn't show clear picture.

To each his own, I would say. I prefer rear wash and wipe over sunroof anyday.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 16:30   #701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Does Hyundai i20 Asta(o) supports wireless android auto? Tried but it will not connect without a cable. Can any one please advice?

It doesn't and I'm still pissed about it. What's the point of having a wireless charger if you need to plug your phone in anyway? The AA also doesn't go full screen. Idiotic right?
Old 3rd March 2024, 09:56   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSC117 View Post
It doesn't and I'm still pissed about it. What's the point of having a wireless charger if you need to plug your phone in anyway? The AA also doesn't go full screen. Idiotic right?
The 10.25" Infotainment units are a generation old and not equipped with Wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay. This is carried over from the earlier generation Creta and Seltos. In comparison, the 8" units are latest generation and hence supports wireless android auto/apple carplay.
Old 24th March 2024, 17:14   #703
BHPian

Hello folks!

Need input on my case below.

My i20 N Line is about to complete 1 year of ownership and 9500 kms on the Odo.
Had a front passenger side tyre burst 2 days back while driving in the countryside and the car went over a sharp-edged rock at a meagre 25 kmph speed.

Can I claim it under warranty? Can pay for the trade consumed.
Should the car be taken to the ASS of the tyre dealer in the area?
Or there aren't any chances of a warranty claim and simply getting a new tyre from the market?
Old 25th March 2024, 16:22   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
Hello folks!

My i20 N Line is about to complete 1 year of ownership and 9500 kms on the Odo.
Had a front passenger side tyre burst 2 days back while driving in the countryside and the car went over a sharp-edged rock at a meagre 25 kmph speed.

Can I claim it under warranty? Can pay for the trade consumed.
Should the car be taken to the ASS of the tyre dealer in the area?
Or there aren't any chances of a warranty claim and simply getting a new tyre from the market?
I think checking with Hyundai SA is better. I had similar problem, a sharp rock teared the sidewall making it completely useless. When I checked for warranty they refused saying it only covers if happens naturally rather than due to objects. When I bought the tyre it has different set of rules with respect to warranty compared to the tyres I got from factory. If SA is co-operative then they can help you with the warranty .
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 08:47   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
Hello folks!

Highly doubt it, as the tire warranty covers manufacturing defect only. External impact/tear due to impact is usually not covered.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks