Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2022, 19:29   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

The Hyundai i20 diesel will be one among many small diesel cars to be axed due to tougher Real Driving Emissions norms that will come into force on April 1, 2023.

Name:  20221020070504_i20_story.jpeg
Views: 3116
Size:  92.1 KB

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 06:25   #542
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, I renewed my Creta 1.5D's PUC the other day and asked the PUC technician whether there will be a change in the method of testing come 2023, to which he replied in the negative. But I feel perhaps they may increase the threshold for compliance for existing cars too.
Old 21st October 2022, 18:15   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Does Hyundai i20 Asta(o) supports wireless android auto? Tried but it will not connect without a cable. Can any one please advice?
Only the Sportz variant has wireless Android Auto/ Carplay.

@All

What is the mileage one can expect with i20 IVT? Mine is barely giving 11-12 kmpl.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 02:40   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What is the mileage one can expect with i20 IVT? Mine is barely giving 11-12 kmpl.
I’m a very sedate and light footed driver in city traffic, and unable to breach 11.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic (during office hours).
I’ve the exact same car (lower trim) in Delhi, and consistently get 18+ kmpl on Delhi-Chandigarh highway runs.
These are MID figures, with AC always on
ButterChicken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 00:38   #545
BHPian

Can somebody in this thread please confirm the kerb weight of 1.2 Petrol Manual Sportz or Asta variant ? I dont see it mentioned on the brochure.
Old 27th October 2022, 20:23   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Only the Sportz variant has wireless Android Auto/ Carplay.

@All

Mine is manual, long drives with cruise gave me somewhere near 19KMPL.
IN Bengaluru and Vizag city driving conditions mileage figures are around 12-13KMPL.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 20:29   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Android Auto and Apple Carplay will not work without a cable.

My wireless charger was frequently disconnecting and getting connected again and causing break in music when that happens. So I have disabled wireless charger and now use cable :(

Nice pics. I also have taken delivery of Asta(0) ivt in the same colour in the September 1st week.

It has been a month since I took delivery of i20 asta(o) ivt. Overall, I am very happy with the car.

Following are some of the issues I am facing, please help if you have faced the same and resolved:

1. Fan noise immediately after starting the car (heard when outside, inside the cabin it is silent)
2. Front doors need to be closed hard otherwise they will not shut properly
3. Wireless charger starts/stops charging frequently
4. Low FE of 8 KMPL in BLR traffic - I expected at least 10. For comparison my chevy cruze diesel gives similar FE (8KMPL) in similar traffic conditions.
I am not able to increase it even with light foot
5. Lock and Unlock sounds are loud, is there a way to disable the lock/ unloack sound?
Congrats. I get somewhere around 12KMPL in Bangalore city driving conditions. I did not face the wireless charging issue yet. Android auto connection via cable is bad, frequent disconnections. I get a "tak tak" sound from left front wheel whenever it hits a pothole, need to get it verified. Start engine via Blu link is useless, it rarely works, I can say 1 in 10 times. Yes, faced the "hard closing" issue on the left front door, need to really close it hard.
Old 27th October 2022, 22:55   #548
y2k
BHPian

Would you all I20 owners suggest this or Baleno, basis your experience?
I am looking for my first car, an automatic and if you would suggest this car then which engine/model do you believe is the better version?
Old 28th October 2022, 11:38   #549
BHPian

Hey everyone,
I recently purchased I20 and covered approximately 620 kms till now. I observed a weird thing where on the driver side when the glass closes up completely the window panel kind of moves. I checked in other three doors but it is very minimal which I don't think is a problem.
My question is has anyone observed driver side door panel moving in and out when you roll down/up the window using the button. Is it a common thing in I20's or something that needs to be checked.
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2022, 15:06   #550
BHPian

Quote:
I get a "tak tak" sound from left front wheel whenever it hits a pothole, need to get it verified. Start engine via Blu link is useless, it rarely works, I can say 1 in 10 times. Yes, faced the "hard closing" issue on the left front door, need to really close it hard.

Thank you, I got most of the issues resolved during the first service.

I also went on a long drive (1000+ kms). The FE I got on highway was 17 driving at triple digit speeds. I also observed that FE can be increased to 20 if we drive patiently between 70-90 kmph. In city, I am still getting 8-9, this may be due to the traffic stretch I encounter.

I some how assumed I20 comes with a cooled glove box. SA informed that although there is a slot in the glove box, it is not connected to the AC.

Good things about this car:
1. Looks good
2. Infotainment system with Bose speakers
3. Light steering for city drives
4. Engine is super silent
5. Spacious, luxurious and comfortable for a hatchback
6. Very good experience at the service center for the first service

Some minor things that would make the experience better:
1. The power window buttons should have been backlit
2. Keyless entry should have been provided for passenger side door too
3. Should have provided a Cooled Glove box with a small light
4. Rain sensing - Auto wipers
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 18:47   #551
BHPian

Quote:
I get a "tak tak" sound from left front wheel whenever it hits a pothole, need to get it verified.
Hey @MercFan, I have same problem too. Although I think it is coming from the left rear wheel and only stays for sometime after going through potholes or bad patches. Please let me know if you found any solution for that.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 16:16   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I also went on a long drive (1000+ kms). The FE I got on highway was 17 driving at triple digit speeds. I also observed that FE can be increased to 20 if we drive patiently between 70-90 kmph. In city, I am still getting 8-9, this may be due to the traffic stretch I encounter.

I some how assumed I20 comes with a cooled glove box. SA informed that although there is a slot in the glove box, it is not connected to the AC.

Good things about this car:
1. Looks good
2. Infotainment system with Bose speakers
3. Light steering for city drives
4. Engine is super silent
5. Spacious, luxurious and comfortable for a hatchback
6. Very good experience at the service center for the first service

Some minor things that would make the experience better:
1. The power window buttons should have been backlit
2. Keyless entry should have been provided for passenger side door too
3. Should have provided a Cooled Glove box with a small light
4. Rain sensing - Auto wipers
Glove box is indeed cooled, but just a bit, not effective. A small vent from AC is connected to it. Drove Vizag-BLR two times so far (1040KMS one way), absolutely no issues. Your right knee will love the Cruise function

Fully agree on the minor observations. My swift had passenger side keyless entry. BTW, does the auto headlights function work? My i20 just flashes a message that "headlights" are off whenever the light is low or if we enter a tunnel sort of thing, but headlights do not come on/off.
Old 30th October 2022, 16:26   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k View Post
Would you all I20 owners suggest this or Baleno, basis your experience?
I am looking for my first car, an automatic and if you would suggest this car then which engine/model do you believe is the better version?
We always had Suzuki branded cars in our family from the humble M800 to SX4 to Ertiga and the Swift. This time I decided to change the trend and bought a Hyundai. Boy, there's a lot of difference from Suzuki and Hyundai cars. Built quality, quality of plastics and the overall look and feel. However, the 1.2Kappa engine is not for the enthusiasts, Turbo is the right choice for them.

Having said that, the new Baleno looks striking and drives well too. But misses on many features. Hyundai has the CVT but Suzuki has dropped it for the AMT I guess, please take a test drive.
Old 30th October 2022, 19:02   #554
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does the auto headlights function work? My i20 just flashes a message that "headlights" are off whenever the light is low or if we enter a tunnel sort of thing, but headlights do not come on/off.
Yes, Auto headlights work perfectly, They get tested on daily basis when I go into basement for parking both at office and apartment. Please ensure the position on the headlight stalk is at "Auto".
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:58   #555

i20 owners in Bangalore,
Any preferred Hyundai service centre for regular service and/or accidental repairs?
I’ve gone to Advaith Hyundai Bellandur(ORR), and the staff behaviour is pathetic.
They charged me 236 (I know, meagre amount) for consumables used for cleaning (wtf?! ), and in an accident repair case, tried to under-handedly include charges for perfumes and sanitisation, without confirming with me.
I got the latter removed, but the fact that they’re charging me money for cleaning consumables just doesn’t sit right.
Never had such an experience in Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks