Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 16:04   #391
BHPian

I have ordered the new i20 1.2 Sportz (MT)!
Just FYI, the weight of the car in this variant is 981 kgs (unladen) as per the Form 22 annexure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Hello folks. Need some help regarding the purchase of my car. As of now, I have zeroed in on the i20 in sportz trim.

I have already Test driven the 1.2 petrol. Coming from a much smaller car (GM Spark) i have no reason to complain.

However, have come across numerous posts about the poor fuel efficiency and the underpowered nature of 1.2 kappa engine. This has left me bothered.

My usage isn't much. Would clock around 10k km annually. But half of it would be Highway runs.

Not getting the best of both worlds is an area of concern. Add ever rising fuel prices to this.
I have owned the facelifted Elite i20 1.2 (MT) for over three years now and can confirm that the car has been reporting FE of 14-15 KMPL in the city and around 16-18 KMPL on the highways with AC “ON” all the time. I have also taken a test drive of the new (somewhat lighter) i20 1.2 MT and found the acceleration to be marginally improved, I am assuming that this slight loss in weight should also cause an increase in the FE by at least 1 or 2 KMPL. I have myself booked the Sportz 1.2 MT variant of the new i20. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd August 2021 at 08:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 7th August 2021, 11:10   #392
anb
BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post

But considering the overall fuel efficiency, 50 percent highway runs & the fact that i intend to keep the car long term, does it make any sense to opt for the 1.5 diesel a
Or am i still better off with 1.2 petrol?
I would buy the diesel any day. Diesel is overall a much better car than the petrol one. Diesel is as fast as Figo Diesel/ Polo GT TDI while petrol is inadequate.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 22:31   #393
BHPian

I was going through one Youtube video for the new i20 and I understood that in the Asta variant, not all the speakers are from bose.

Basically, the speakers in both rear doors are not from Bose. The rear speaker does not have the Bose branding on the speaker when you dismantle the door. It's only the front doors and subwoofer that has the Bose speaker (as per the branding on the speakers) but other speakers are not.

Front Doors:

Hyundai i20 Review-hyundai_i20_front_speakers_bose.jpg

The speaker grill (i.e. the part which you can see on the door normally) does have the bose batching.

Rear Door:

Hyundai i20 Review-hyundai_i20_rear_speakers.jpg

Check out the video (starting from 5:10 min to 7:00 min):

Many people have complained that the rear speaker does not sound as good as the front speakers on the new i20. Can this be the reason? Is this not amount to cheating or at least False advertising?
HP-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 16:09   #394
BHPian

Guys anyone owns i20 IVT version? Can you please share your overall reviews of this variant (Engine Response , Any issues encountered, Anything to lookout for)
Old 14th September 2021, 16:11   #395
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Euro NCAP safety ratings for the European Hyundai i20 to be revealed soon?
Hyundai i20 Review-screenshot-20210914-3.42.32-pm.jpeg
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 10:18   #396
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Shreeharsha Thulapule for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

I came across a post on the new i20 thread where it was discussed by fellow members that the full-screen option for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is not available. I own i20 Asta (O) and I can confirm that there is a full-screen option in settings. Go to device connection setting open Apple CarPlay option to enable full-screen mode. It’s the same for Android Auto as well.

Regards
Team-BHP fan
Hyundai i20 Review-i20infotainment1-1.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-i20infotainment1-2.jpg
RahulNagaraj is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:41   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Guys anyone owns i20 IVT version? Can you please share your overall reviews of this variant (Engine Response , Any issues encountered, Anything to lookout for)
Hello! We bought the I20 Asta petrol IVT 1.2L March of this year! (11.8 on road Bangalore)

Keep in mind I am a new driver.
The only reason I went for the 1.2L is I didn't want a fast car but I smooth, easy to drive car only for the city.

The drive quality is really good! It was stable even at a 100kmph.
The automatic is really smooth but not one for quick shifts, good at linear power delivery.

Power is lacking. You can't make fast overtakes. As I bought this only for city driving it's been adequate. I struggle to overtake if I'm driving at 80kmph or above. Not meant for the highway if you like to overtake and move fast.

My suggestion: Go for the Turbo IMT, if you aren't a new driver then that would be ideal. If you like a calm and relaxed ride then and only then will the 1.2L suffice. I don't regret going for the IVT as it fulfils my requirements perfectly. But would suggest most buyers to go for the Turbo (IMT if budget is short they will be same price as 1.2 L IVT ) or Diesel
Kousie_Arima is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:11   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
Hello! We bought the I20 Asta petrol IVT 1.2L March of this year! (11.8 on road Bangalore)
My suggestion: Go for the Turbo IMT, if you aren't a new driver then that would be ideal. If you like a calm and relaxed ride then and only then will the 1.2L suffice. I don't regret going for the IVT as it fulfils my requirements perfectly. But would suggest most buyers to go for the Turbo (IMT if budget is short they will be same price as 1.2 L IVT ) or Diesel
Appreciate your response brother.
Well we just took delivery of Venue DCT SX+ last week
I20 was dropped just because of the ground clearance otherwise it's more promising than any other vehicle in this segment.
IVT was a good option but it was dropped off as the vehicle will be used by my dad and he has been drooling over the Automatic transmission over the manual ever since he took the TD.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:18   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Appreciate your response brother.
Well we just took delivery of Venue DCT SX+ last week
I20 was dropped just because of the ground clearance otherwise it's more promising than any other vehicle in this segment.
Congratulations!
I personally have had no problem with the ground clearance, living in Bangalore!

I was also looking at compact SUVs below 12L but the only ones I liked were Nexon, Sonet and XUV and with features that I wanted it went over budget!

Curious why did you go with the venue? I personally don't like the car. It's just a raised hatchback and the segment has much better alternatives!
Sonet for features
XUV300 for performace
Nexon as a very good allrounder if you want everything
Old 20th October 2021, 17:11   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
Congratulations!
Curious why did you go with the venue? I personally don't like the car. It's just a raised hatchback and the segment has much better alternatives!
Sonet for features
XUV300 for performace
Nexon as a very good allrounder if you want everything
I agree with your views and below is what compelled us to go for venue.

1.Space was never an issue as most of the times my parents will travel alone.
2.Dashboard layout is much cleaner in Venue than others.
3.We got a better deal with Venue and it costed us 13.06 OTR Punjab with a 15 days waiting time and this includes SOT and extended warranty and Insurance as well.The vehicle is manufactured in OCT,21 so its fresh out of the oven
4.The dealership and service center is 500 metres from our home.
5.Venue has comparatively less stiffer ride than Sonet.
6.The HU in sonet kind of hinders the vision as it elevates above the dashboard.
7.Xuv and Nexon didnt have a proper AT .
8.Sonet had a wait time of 3 months.
9.SX+ model had all the bells and whistles dad was looking for.It didnt have 6 airbags which is a pity but then cant do much there.
10.Our previous ride was a Honda city which has scrapped everywhere so higher GC was the top priority.
11. VENUE has been tested although a different model in Australia which gives some sense of relief as against Sonet which hasnt been tested anywhere.Please correct me if i am wrong.
12.I own a Creta 1st gen and i am a happy customer so a bias descision was somewhat expected .
13. VENUE in my opinion has a simpler design and look which dad appreciated as against Sonet.Nexon looked the best but the AMT was a letdown.
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:02   #401
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's i20-based Bayon for Europe scores 4 stars in Euro NCAP safety assessments.

Scores 76% for adult occupant protection, 82% for child occupant protection, 76% for VRUs and 67% for safety assist (which limits its score).

Find test details here.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 10:07   #402
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 dual-tone option discontinued on select variants

According to a media report, Hyundai has stopped offering dual-tone colour options on select variants of the i20.

Hyundai i20 Review-i20-2.jpg

Out of the 11 variants that got the dual-tone treatment at launch, only the 1.2L Sportz MT, 1.2L Asta (O) MT, 1.0L Asta IMT and 1.0L Asta (O) DCT variants are now offered in dual-tone shades. The 1.5L Diesel Asta (O) MT also gets this option.

The third generation i20 was launched last year. The hatchback is available in eight colour options including two dual-tone shades of Polar White with Black Roof and Fiery Red with Black Roof.

Hyundai i20 engine & transmission options:

The i20 is offered with three engine options. These include 1.0L turbocharged petrol, 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine. A 7-speed DCT and a clutchless Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) are available with the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that makes 118 BHP and 172 Nm.

The 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine puts out 82 BHP (88 BHP with the CVT) and 115 Nm. This engine comes with a 5-speed manual transmission or CVT automatic.

The 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 99 BHP and 240 Nm. It is offered only with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Source: Rushlane
Old 16th November 2021, 16:04   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai i20 dual-tone option discontinued on select variants
Not surprising, Hyundai has done some crazy pricing - atleast here in Bangalore. While checking i20 CVT, the Asta version Ex showroom is 9.9 lacs where as Asta dual tone is 10.03 lacs a difference of ~ 15k. But since the showroom price is more than 10 lacs there is some TCS and increased road tax as a result the OTR difference is 60k. For that money I can paint the full car

So obviously not many would have bought CVT Asta DT
Old 18th November 2021, 00:33   #404
Senior - BHPian

Hello

I am looking for some reviews of i20 CVT but there aren’t many. Does anyone here own new i20 CVT? What is your feedback on drivability and mainly fuel efficiency?
I am planning CVT only for city usage. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 13:10   #405
BHPian

Pune-Mumbai fuel efficiency of my 1.0 DCT Asta (O). The drive was done on Wednesday afternoon and consisted of the Expressway run along with pre and post expressway city traffic in Pune and Mumbai. The drive was done at a max speed of 106 kmph (too many traffic cameras on the way nowadays).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-9602033c178d4e47807b0f9276eb87ba.jpeg  

Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks