Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:16   #406
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Re: Hyundai i20 Review

The head unit on my 1.0 Asta (O) unit has received an OTA map update and is stuck at 27% for the last several months. It’s not completing the update on its own irrespective of several attempts, service center guys are clueless and insist to keep waiting until the update completes on its own

Anyone else facing this issue? If so, how did you get it resolved?

Name:  i20 Headunit.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  42.8 KB
Old 28th December 2021, 08:15   #407
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of i20 IVT Asta last week.
Not planning to write any review as most of the details are covered already. My purchase decision and requirements are in below thread. Before finalising on the car I wanted to get details of IVT in the forum but not many are here, so happy to take any questions.
So far very happy with the car given my requirements. It’s a very smooth drive

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...ft-vs-i20.html (Automatic hatchback - Tiago vs i10 vs Swift vs i20)

Hyundai i20 Review-67d0eb00e3a448a2bfb0a8f7c1941445.jpeg

Last edited by sunikkat : 28th December 2021 at 08:17.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 11:12   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Took delivery of i20 IVT Asta last week.
Not planning to write any review as most of the details are covered already. My purchase decision and requirements are in below thread. Before finalising on the car I wanted to get details of IVT in the forum but not many are here, so happy to take any questions.
So far very happy with the car given my requirements. It’s a very smooth drive

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...ft-vs-i20.html (Automatic hatchback - Tiago vs i10 vs Swift vs i20)

Attachment 2250530
Its looking lovely. Heartiest congratulations. Just one question though. Is there any rubber band effect felt in city driving?
Old 28th December 2021, 13:26   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Its looking lovely. Heartiest congratulations. Just one question though. Is there any rubber band effect felt in city driving?
Thanks buddy. If you are light on accelerator you wouldn’t feel any rubber band effect. But do hard acceleration and you can feel the same. It’s better to put in manual mode for quick overtakes. I felt i20 to be more responsive than Jazz. But Kiger has the best CVT set up.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 11:02   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
The head unit on my 1.0 Asta (O) unit has received an OTA map update and is stuck at 27% for the last several months. It’s not completing the update on its own irrespective of several attempts, service center guys are clueless and insist to keep waiting until the update completes on its own

Anyone else facing this issue? If so, how did you get it resolved?

Attachment 2248753
Yes, i had this issue and reported in other thread of i20 I guess. After 2 months of highlighting to Hyundai in May’21, all of a sudden everything was completed on its own OTA in the month of October. So, I guess it was just bad update roll out.
I received another update on 27th dec’21. This time everything was completed in single shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-ef7202ef67fe438998d95b7cd958405f.jpeg  

Hyundai i20 Review-c5176992f5ab4a298d762c912739ac6f.jpeg  

Last edited by Nicky : 4th January 2022 at 11:14.
Nicky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 16:28   #411
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Yes, i had this issue and reported in other thread of i20 I guess. After 2 months of highlighting to Hyundai in May’21, all of a sudden everything was completed on its own OTA in the month of October. So, I guess it was just bad update roll out.
I received another update on 27th dec’21. This time everything was completed in single shot.
Just completed the second free service and spoke with the service center manager about this issue, he suggests that this issue is reported by many i20 and Alcazar owners and blames Hyundai for adding this OTA update feature instead of the erstwhile method to update maps using a USB drive.

The only solution offered to me was to hand over the car to them, they would take it to a location where there is good connectivity and keep the car switched on for about 6-8 hours inorder for the update to complete fully.
Old 4th January 2022, 16:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Just completed the second free service and spoke with the service center manager about this issue, he suggests that this issue is reported by many i20 and Alcazar owners and blames Hyundai for adding this OTA update feature instead of the erstwhile method to update maps using a USB drive.

The only solution offered to me was to hand over the car to them, they would take it to a location where there is good connectivity and keep the car switched on for about 6-8 hours inorder for the update to complete fully.
Same thing was suggested to me. This system uses Vodafone sim card. They asked me to keep car in the area where Vodafone network is full. We can see network strength on screen top right corner. Just like mobile network sign.
Naturally, I didn’t give them car and tried myself. It didn’t work for as long as I remember. But that day, as soon as i saw it crossing 27% issue, I kept car on for almost 7-8 hours during my visit so that it could download.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 07:55   #413
BHPian

Did anyone install an electrochromic irvm in their i20 Asta(O)?
Old 17th January 2022, 14:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Browsing through the specifications of the i20 2020 model sold in Europe, I came across two states of tune of the T-GDI engine, one with 100 PS and 172 Nm and another one with 120 PS and 200 Nm at 2000 RPM. Details of the Euro spec car can be found here

While the engines in India are 100 PS with 172 Nm seen in the i10 NIOS Turbo and 120 PS with 172 Nm @ 1500 RPM in the i20 Turbo.

It therefore seems that this same engine can be remapped to provide upto 120 PS with 200 Nm of torque.

Some other changes seen:
Fuel Tank capacity in my car (i20 IMT Sportz) is stated as 37 liters while the Euro ones are stated to be 40 liter. I tend to believe that my tank is also 40 liters.
No IMT available in Europe.
Length of the car is 45 mm more than Indian version at 4040 mm. Other dimensions are same.
Old 23rd January 2022, 07:02   #415
BHPian

Hi everyone

Planning to buy a car for wife as she resumes work. For me only consideration is Hyundai, i am trying to limit to 11 lacs budget (more to do with how much to spend on hatchback)

Would like views/owners response or suggestions on the 1.2 CVT variant based on below requirements
- City driving only (approx. 8k a year)
- No road trips expected on this car
- Automatic must can be either CVT or DCT

I am also keen on Venue cause in all likelihood the 11 Lacs limit will be busted so does it make sense to buy it near a generation change.
Venue makes a bit more sense cause its a bigger vehicle and we can definitely use the boot with 2 kids.
Old 23rd January 2022, 10:28   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post

I am also keen on Venue cause in all likelihood the 11 Lacs limit will be busted so does it make sense to buy it near a generation change.
Venue makes a bit more sense cause its a bigger vehicle and we can definitely use the boot with 2 kids.
Recently got an i20 IVT for my City errands and pretty happy with the purchase. It’s good for relaxed drive and is very smooth. Interiors feel very premium too with lot of features. Mileage is on a lower side, but I was expecting that anyway.
Infact i20 is more spacious and premium than current Venue. Though bootspace might be more in Venue.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:42   #417

Hello Bhpians,
I have a question that is bothering me for a few weeks. It is related to my confusion on which of the available engine options in i20 should I go for.

Just to give you a little background about my car ownership so far. I currently own a 2.5 years old Kia Seltos (1.5L Petrol manual) purchased in Sept 2020 and a 12 year old 2010 Model i10 (1.1L Manual). My first car was a second-hand Maruti Esteem purchased in 2008, kept it for 2 years before I bought i10 in 2010.

Hyundai i20 Review-seltos-i10.jpg

Immediately after we bought Seltos, the covid thing occurred and hence the car only managed 12000 Kms in 2.5 years.

The i10 is mostly driven by my wife these days but during Covid WFM, I have also used it quite frequently. I just love the maneuverability of a small car over Seltos in city traffic and that’s one of the reasons I am looking for a modern-day city beater. Another and more important reason is that the car lease of my Seltos is getting over in a few months and I am now looking for another car to utilize the tax benefits of a leased car.

I am not in need of a new car but as mentioned, I want to utilize the Car Lease policy of my company. But to be honest, I have given my heart to the new i20 and that’s the most important reason fot this consideration. It looks simply amazing in starry night color.

I am planning to part with my i10 although it has only been driven 65000 Kms in the last 12 years. The car still runs like a charm and could easily serve till the end of it's legitimate cycle of 15 years without any fuss. The ownership experience of my i10 has been very smooth and since it is less driven, I haven’t pocketed any big bills on Services and parts replacement in last 12 years of ownership.

I have a budget of up to 10 lacs, and I am confused between three engine options:
Spotrz CVT (1.2 litre)
Sportz iMT (1litre Turbo)
Sportz Manual (1.2 litre)

My only requirement is hassle-free low-cost ownership just like my current i10. I also don't want to pay exorbitant service bills and need a decent fuel economy since car will be mainly used for small city runs.

I have never owned an automatic and my wife and I both love manual. But since this is going to be a city commuter and I am also looking to try something more contemporary, so I am open to automatic as well although still not heavily inclined towards it.

I am apprehensive of a few things and if they come out to be true, I will happily go for a naturally aspirated Sportz 1.2 manual:

I am seeking answers for the below points from this highly experienced group:
1> Does Turbo engines requires higher maintenance cost (in the longer run) as compared to the naturally aspirated ones? I heard that there are chances of turbo failure in the longer run?
2> How is the long-term reliability of iMT? Does it have higher maintenance cost (Service+ part failures) as compared to manual ones?
3> How much will be the approx. the difference in fuel efficiency between iMT and CVT as compared to manual ones? Is it negligible or considerable?
4> How much is the difference in fuel efficiency between Turbo and naturally aspirated engines? Is it almost negligible?

I know I am asking for too many details, but since I have always owned naturally aspirated petrol cars, I am not very confident about the upkeeps of Turbo and Automatics.

Also, since I already have a Seltos, I am not looking for a low mileage/ high maintenance car as it will only be driven 200-300 kms / month max. So not very keen to spend much on something that will be parked in the garage most of the time.

I am looking for the suggestions of the rookie Team Bhpians as it will help me in taking a better-informed decision.

Another thing I want to mention is that I am only considering i20 and no other car, purely for it's front looks and sharp fit and finish. Having owned an i10 and Seltos, I am naturally more at ease with Hyundai cars.

Thanks,
Pallav

Last edited by Eddy : 29th January 2022 at 15:04. Reason: Grammar and typo correction
pallav167 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th January 2022, 18:32   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallav167 View Post
Hello Bhpians,
I am seeking answers for the below points from this highly experienced group:

1> Does Turbo engines requires higher maintenance cost (in longer run) as compared to the naturally aspirated ones? I heard that there are chances of turbo failure in longer run?
2> How is the long term reliability of iMT? Does it has higher maintenance cost (Service+ part failures) as compared to manual ones?
3> How much will be the approx. difference in fuel efficiency between iMT and CVT as compared to manual ones? Is it negligible or considerable?
4> How much is the difference in fuel efficiency between Turbo and naturally aspirated engines? Is it almost negligible?

Another thing I want to mention is that I am only considering i20 and no other car, purely for it's front looks and sharp fit and finish. Having owned an i10 and Seltos, I am naturally more at ease with Hyundai cars.

Thanks,
Pallav

To answer some of your questions, if you have never driven an automatic, I will definitely recommend having one in the garage and you will find yourself driving it more than any other car.

To the best if my knowledge turbo should not have any higher maintenance than the regular 1.2 IVT. Same goes for IMT I don’t see maintenance being radically different in of these cars. DCT maintenance IMO can get tricky if it breaks.

Again, fuel efficiency given 200-300 km range will be negligible so that’s also not a factor.

I would suggest for a cost conscious purchase go for IVT, DCT is better but IMO turbo DCT i20 is very bad and laggy. Also, IVT is cheaper

I myself am in the market for small car for wife, test drove i20 DCT N8 but hated the turbo lag so much that looking at downgrading to 1.2 IVT.

Hope I have been of help.
Old 26th January 2022, 22:21   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post
To answer some of your questions, if you have never driven an automatic, I will definitely recommend having one in the garage and you will find yourself driving it more than any other car.

I myself am in the market for small car for wife, test drove i20 DCT N8 but hated the turbo lag so much that looking at downgrading to 1.2 IVT.

Hope I have been of help.
Thanks DesertRain - This is definitely helpful. Would you suggest IVT over iMT as both are similarly priced, but iMT has a feel of manual that I love?
Old 27th January 2022, 05:44   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallav167 View Post
Thanks DesertRain - This is definitely helpful. Would you suggest IVT over iMT as both are similarly priced, but iMT has a feel of manual that I love?
Bro manual you have driven go for IVT
Also automatic gear boxes have sports option if you wish to downshift while overtaking etc.
Its a straight line up shift or down shift and not the standard H but essentially can be driven like manual.
DesertRain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks