Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 10:16   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Can comment only on IVT. My average is around 10.5 kmpl in Bangalore. Highest I got till now is around 13.5 kmpl on nice road (more like a ring road). Since it’s my city car have never taken it to highways.
On my 1.0 turbo IMT I get around 15 in city and 20+ on highway. I generally try to travel on off peak hours.
On turbo engines, mileage is very dependent on driving style. Below 2000 rpm it acts as a 1.0 liter, above 2500 it acts like a 1.5 liter engine with corresponding decrease in FE and increase in power.
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:56   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
On my 1.0 turbo IMT I get around 15 in city and 20+ on highway. I generally try to travel on off peak hours.
On turbo engines, mileage is very dependent on driving style. Below 2000 rpm it acts as a 1.0 liter, above 2500 it acts like a 1.5 liter engine with corresponding decrease in FE and increase in power.
Agree, the 1 Turbo gives a better mileage.

Mine is 1.2 NA IVT which is known for less mileage. Honestly I knew it before buying and was prepared. Since my usage is less, I have not been particularly trying to extract more mileage too. I am sure it will give 15+ on highways, but never got a chance to take it to highways.
Old 13th June 2022, 22:54   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
To add to my own post.. In b to b traffic FE drops to 10 kmpl.
Old 19th June 2022, 00:58   #499
BHPian

For me the FE is between 8.5 to 9.5 kpl in usual Mumbai traffic at peak hours which includes idling time which is approx 1:1 to driving time.

Highway FE is around 16.5 kpl whilst doing Mumbai-Pune and almost 20 kpl during a Pune-Mumbai drive.

All of the above is for my 1.0 GDI DCT i20.
Old 20th June 2022, 15:14   #500

I happen to cover 1800 kms in my less than a month old i20, i went for a 1000km roadtrip and had faced severe back pain issues while driving. I've noticed my lower back starts hurting almost 15 minutes into driving. the firm suspension coupled with very little cushioning seems to be the culprit. I have never had back issues and I'm in my 20s.

Anyone else facing backpain issues?
Old 7th July 2022, 18:17   #501

Hi Bhpians, it's my first post here!

I am from Bangalore and looking to buy the i20 with the 1.0 turbo engine. My budget is 12 Lakhs all inclusive. I have test driven the DCT variant as well as Imt variant and I fell in love with the dct model due to the seamless driving experience and the snappy shifts (I have made peace with the reliability concerns of the dct box. My city traffic running will also be low ~ 3-4k kms in a year)

The following models of i20 are in my budget:

1. i20 Sportz IMT: 2 dealerships have refused to take booking for this model as they claim Hyundai have stopped manufacturing this variant as its very similar to the Nline N6 variant. Hence, no choice but to let go of this option.

2. Nline N6 imt: I have made a booking for this variant yesterday (6th June), dealer has 1 vehicle in stock as of now and has assured that they can supply fresh cars as well within 1-2 months. Love everything about the Nline N6 variant but it's still not a dct.

3. I20 Sportz DCT: This is the model which I am interested in and multiple dealers have told me that the supply for this model from Hyundai is erratic and they cannot commit about the waiting period. Supposedly, a few customers have booked in the past and cancelled their booking after 2 months as there was no sign of car dispatch from the factory. However, the dealers are ready to take bookings for the same, with one of the 'guaranteeing' delivery within 2 months.

AFAIK, Hyundai just announced the Sportz DCT variant earlier this year and are now supposedly not prioritizing this model.

Any suggestions of how to proceed would be helpful. Also, is it advisable to book the Sportz dct variant at another dealership and wait it out?
Old 8th July 2022, 16:06   #502
BHPian

Hi Abhishek,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have similar requirements, so I booked the i20 Sportz 1.0 Turbo DCT in mid-march this year.

I, too, had been promised delivery in 2-3 months, but now have been told that I'm expected to get it in under 4 months because of erratic supply from Hyundai. I should get an estimated date of delivery from them by tomorrow.

I was tempted to change my booking, but I'm not in a hurry, and I've been unable to find a car as good as this at the 12 Lac price point.

My dealership is Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, my Sales Advisor is Gurudatta, and my team lead is Kavan Devaiah. Let me know if I can help in any other way?
Old 8th July 2022, 18:12   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
Hi Abhishek,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have similar requirements, so I booked the i20 Sportz 1.0 Turbo DCT in mid-march this year.

I, too, had been promised delivery in 2-3 months, but now have been told that I'm expected to get it in under 4 months because of erratic supply from Hyundai. I should get an estimated date of delivery from them by tomorrow.

I was tempted to change my booking, but I'm not in a hurry, and I've been unable to find a car as good as this at the 12 Lac price point.

My dealership is Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, my Sales Advisor is Gurudatta, and my team lead is Kavan Devaiah. Let me know if I can help in any other way?
Hi Tejas,

Thanks for the reply.

So I went ahead and booked the Sportz turbo DCT today at Blue Hyundai, Bel road and dealer has promised delivery by mid September. In case they are unable to get the car within the promised timeline then I will get the Nline N6 imt variant (which is in stock in multiple showrooms and costs roughly the same on-road).

It's already been 4 months for you and yet no confirmed date, looks unlikely that I will get it within 2 months!
Old 15th July 2022, 23:08   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derick View Post
Hello fellow BHpians
-The Bose sound system is the best. period. Tata’s JBL is nowhere near including the 8 speakers in nexon which gains a lot of pitch in higher volumes. The woofer and amplifier makes the entire car a subwoofer.

Attachment 2315476
Tata uses Harman (parent company of JBL. Harman is now owned by Samsung. Quite ) .

Bose might be better, but from most reviews i've seen and read - the Harmon system & speakers in Tata cars have been rated amongst the best in the segment. Rest audiophiles can comment.
Old 20th July 2022, 19:58   #505
BHPian

Dropped Baleno and booked i20 Asta(O), starry night. Mango Hyundai says 2months waiting period
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-i20.jpg  

Last edited by MercFan : 20th July 2022 at 20:00.
MercFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:30   #506

Hyundai i20 Review-img20220723123502.jpg

Today's mileage in Bangalore City from JP Nagar 7 Phase to Kengeri.
vamsi.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 06:51   #507
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.m View Post
Attachment 2337672

Today's mileage in Bangalore City from JP Nagar 7 Phase to Kengeri.
That's some good mileage you are getting, which engine and gearbox combo are you on?
Old 24th July 2022, 10:43   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
That's some good mileage you are getting, which engine and gearbox combo are you on?
Yes, I think I have learned how to drive any car efficiently. Even in bumper to bumper traffic I got 12kmpl. My car has a manual transmission and it's a petrol model. Keep the revs below 2k and no hard acceleration. You will find some improvement in your mileage. I use cruise control too in city which helps in limiting your inputs on my A pedal.
vamsi.m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:43   #509
BHPian

Hi fellow members and owners - need a couple of confirmations regarding i20 diesel.

1. Is the diesel engine turbo or non turbo? Went to check out the i20 at a dealer today and the SA mentioned it is NOT a turbo diesel.
2. Is it the same engine that comes in the Venue diesel?

There’s a requirement for a new car at home and it will be running 170kms everyday (highways only) - what fuel efficiency can we expect from the i20 under these circumstances? Does it have enough power to make quick overtakes?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:20   #510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Hi fellow members and owners - need a couple of confirmations regarding i20 diesel.

1. Is the diesel engine turbo or non turbo? Went to check out the i20 at a dealer today and the SA mentioned it is NOT a turbo diesel.
2. Is it the same engine that comes in the Venue diesel?

There’s a requirement for a new car at home and it will be running 170kms everyday (highways only) - what fuel efficiency can we expect from the i20 under these circumstances? Does it have enough power to make quick overtakes?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.
The Diesel in the i20 comes with a Waste Gate Turbocharger, the same as in the Venue and Sonet Manual putting out 100 PS of power and 240 Nm of torque.
The Sonet automatic however has a Variable Geometry Turbocharger, the same as in the Seltos and the Creta putting out 115 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque.
Mileage should be very good up to 23-25 kmpl if on highways only and power is more than sufficient for quick overtakes.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 6th August 2022 at 17:22.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks