Old 29th August 2022, 16:01   #526
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterChicken View Post
Hello Folks,

What would you folks suggest I do?
Has anyone had a recent experience with Advaith Hyundai ORR(Bellandur)? If yes, how were you able to get a PDI before complete payment?
Similar story happened during my booking with KUN Hyundai OMR - they wanted full payment before even the vehicle reached their yard/showroom and PDI is allowed only after registration. Simply thanked them for their service and went to another dealer who was more than glad to oblige my requests.

In your case, it still sounds genuine as the dealer suggests you do the PDI post payment but prior to registration. Get this documented clearly with the SA and his boss via email. If you still face resistance, walk away to another dealership.
Old 29th August 2022, 16:41   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterChicken View Post
Hello Folks,

I went to the showroom today to discuss the delivery process, and am being told that PDI would happen after I make the full payment, and before RTO registration. On being strict about it, I was told that I could lose the allotment if I am adamant about PDI before payment, due to some “month end settlement”.
I have booked the same model at Pavan Hyundai. When they asked for full payment, I informed them that I will pay in full soon after the PDI and they are fine with it.
Old 29th August 2022, 20:21   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
As an owner if a 1.0 turbo gdi i20 it's something quite alarming.
Therefore extended warranty is a must.

On another note, we have been having diesel direct injection for years, with pumps injecting at similar if not higher pressures. Not heard of many failures on these engines.
Old 29th August 2022, 22:01   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
As an owner if a 1.0 turbo gdi i20 it's something quite alarming.
Therefore extended warranty is a must.

On another note, we have been having diesel direct injection for years, with pumps injecting at similar if not higher pressures. Not heard of many failures on these engines.
Guess it’s to do with new age small turbo petrol engines and fuel quality. Do take the extended warranty. But don’t think it’s something to lose sleep on. Enjoy your car.
Old 30th August 2022, 17:38   #530
BHPian

Could anyone update me on how good/bad the head lights of the new I20 are? I travel ~2500 Km ++ per month and having a good lights to support night driving are a must. Are the stock headlights good enough on I20 Diesel Sportz variant? Any upgrades to the stock Lights will benefit? Or should i look instead at Venue? any comments are highly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 31st August 2022, 08:01   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Could anyone update me on how good/bad the head lights of the new I20 are? I travel ~2500 Km ++ per month and having a good lights to support night driving are a must. Are the stock headlights good enough on I20 Diesel Sportz variant? Any upgrades to the stock Lights will benefit? Or should i look instead at Venue? any comments are highly appreciated. Thank you.
i20 stock lights are not good on the highway.
It has a H19 bulb in reflector, Sportz and below, and projectors in Asta.
Normally, I would add a relay with higher wattage halogens, but here this is not available in H19. Other lighting upgrades are quite expensive.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:48   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
i20 stock lights are not good on the highway.
It has a H19 bulb in reflector, Sportz and below, and projectors in Asta.
Normally, I would add a relay with higher wattage halogens, but here this is not available in H19. Other lighting upgrades are quite expensive.
Are they manageable? Could you please compare their efficiency with any other car, so i could correlate. Thank you.

Others, if anyone else could opine on this, that would be helpful. On my way to Hyundai to make a booking, hence requesting other's opinion.
Old 11th September 2022, 23:45   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Are they manageable? Could you please compare their efficiency with any other car, so i could correlate. Thank you.

I have an I20 Sportz and I'm not sure how it fares against other cars but I can say that the stock lights are decent enough. I've a done some night driving in not so well lit single lane roads and I've never had any issues with the head lights.
delusional_fool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 20:54   #534
BHPian

Took delivery of my all new i20 Asta(O) last week
Sharing few pics.

Hyundai i20 Review-i201.jpg

Name:  i202.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  103.8 KB

Hyundai i20 Review-i203.jpg

In comparison with my 2016 Swift ZXI.

Hyundai i20 Review-i204.jpg

Last edited by MercFan : 17th September 2022 at 20:56.
MercFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:56   #535
BHPian

Does Hyundai i20 Asta(o) supports wireless android auto? Tried but it will not connect without a cable. Can any one please advice?
Old 26th September 2022, 20:05   #536
BHPian

Quote:

Others, if anyone else could opine on this, that would be helpful. On my way to Hyundai to make a booking, hence requesting other's opinion.
I have done some research and its as follows:

- Buy Blaupunkt H19 holder (pair) for ~225/-
- Buy any LED bulbs, on which the H4/H19 holder goes on. (Blaupunkt lights are also okay) something like this https://www.amazon.in/Fabtec-H8-H11-H16-Conversion/dp/B08ND5KY7D/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1SGFE2QLDYCI7&keywords=car+LED+lig ht+H19&qid=1664202717&sprefix=car+led+light+h19%2C aps%2C196&sr=8-5 These bulbs have inter-changeable holders.

Use the Blaupunkt holder to fit onto the bulb and fit it in your car.

I hope this helps those who are looking for Headlights upgrade.
Old 28th September 2022, 00:17   #537

Hi quick question everyone, hyundai website says to use ‘API SN+ 0W20’ engine oil for 1.2MPI whereas ‘OW30’ for the 1.0T GDI i20.

Hyundai i20 Review-916e1a820253415693b1cacac9605460.png

I have 1.0T and just got 10k kms service done and they used OW20 oil. Is it not much of a difference? Or should I call them or Hyundai to fix this.

Hyundai i20 Review-ea59c9b0e7784b83aee0d4be4a0d7acf.jpeg

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-e0ecde98621245dfb269a2c574f3d9af.png  

Old 5th October 2022, 05:44   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Does Hyundai i20 Asta(o) supports wireless android auto? Tried but it will not connect without a cable. Can any one please advice?
Android Auto and Apple Carplay will not work without a cable.

My wireless charger was frequently disconnecting and getting connected again and causing break in music when that happens. So I have disabled wireless charger and now use cable :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Took delivery of my all new i20 Asta(O) last week
Sharing few pics.
Nice pics. I also have taken delivery of Asta(0) ivt in the same colour in the September 1st week.

It has been a month since I took delivery of i20 asta(o) ivt. Overall, I am very happy with the car.

Following are some of the issues I am facing, please help if you have faced the same and resolved:

1. Fan noise immediately after starting the car (heard when outside, inside the cabin it is silent)
2. Front doors need to be closed hard otherwise they will not shut properly
3. Wireless charger starts/stops charging frequently
4. Low FE of 8 KMPL in BLR traffic - I expected at least 10. For comparison my chevy cruze diesel gives similar FE (8KMPL) in similar traffic conditions.
I am not able to increase it even with light foot
5. Lock and Unlock sounds are loud, is there a way to disable the lock/ unloack sound?

Last edited by Sheel : 5th October 2022 at 08:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 01:00   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
5. Lock and Unlock sounds are loud, is there a way to disable the lock/ unloack sound?
For this, press and hold the Lock & Unlock keys together on the remote keyfob for a few seconds until you see the indicators blinking.
You can toggle lock/unlock sound with this.
ButterChicken is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 11:48   #540

Quick question.
Has anyone got the delivery of an i20 sportz turbo with dct in the last 2 months?
I booked a car in April 2022 with a 2-3 month waiting, but there has been no delivery yet. I was even told that Hyundai has stopped delivering the i20 sportz dct OR venue DCT or NLine DCT (which is the same engine). Is this true ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks