Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2023, 19:25   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Hello,

I have a question on IVT ..

Is it recommended to put the car in P mode when stopped at signal and if Yes, why?
Will that improve mileage ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2023, 16:00   #572

Quote:
Is it recommended to put the car in P mode when stopped at signal and if Yes, why?
Will that improve mileage?
From my understanding, `P` essentially locks the transmission and avoids rolling away, and accidental gear changes - useful only when you're getting out of the vehicle.
When stopping at signals, N should suffice. You can apply the handbrake as well, if on a slope.

There shouldn't be any difference in mileage between N and P, however, you'll notice a difference in either of these, vs staying in D and depressing the brake pedal
Old 17th January 2023, 20:33   #573
BHPian

Hello,

I have all new I20 sportz model which comes with TPMS. Couple of days back I got nitrogen air filled in my tyres from petrol pump(Front:34 psi, Rear:32 psi). But in the dashboard it is displayed as Front: 38 psi and Rear : 36psi. At first I thought the tpms sensor might need some time to refresh so I ignored it. Although next day too it was showing the same reading so I got the tyre pressure checked again at local puncture shop. But there the reading was matching with what I got at petrol pump(Front : 34psi, Rear: 32psi).
For some reason the tpms is displaying extra(+4 psi) tyre pressure. Has anyone faced this, if so what is the solution? Can we reset the tpms in any way?
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:50   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
For some reason the tpms is displaying extra(+4 psi) tyre pressure. Has anyone faced this, if so what is the solution? Can we reset the tpms in any way?
Welcome to the Temperamental world of Hyundai’s TPMS. I am assuming your car is fairly new. If yes, in a few months you will get used to weird readings from the TPMS sensors.

After having used an i20 since launch in Oct 2020, these are my observations. Hope they will be useful to you:

1. On most occasions the tyre pressure gauge from pumps/tyre shops/your own device will not agree with the TPMS. There will always be a variation. In my 2 plus years of car ownership I’ve never had a time when the readings have been the same. Always had a pressure difference of a psi or two, at least.

2. On most occasions, two different pressure gauges will agree with each other but not with the TPMS.

3. The TPMS pressure displayed fluctuates with changing temperature. I can understand air expands/contracts etc but I didn’t think that 30psi displayed early morning can become 35/37psi at 2pm in the afternoon. If so much variation happens then it’s an eye-opener for me.

4. The above temperature related change also means that sometimes in cold conditions your TPMS warning lamp will light up because of a perceived pressure drop. In such cases you will have to reset the sensor by cranking up the pressure in that tyre and then reducing it back again.

5. In order to mitigate the problem in Point 4, always fill air when the ambient temperature is not at its peak i.e. early morning or late evening. If your tires are cold but it’s afternoon then it’s not a good time to fill air.

6. Forget about the TPMS readings. Fill air from a trusted tyre shop/pump. Have your own pressure gauge which you know is accurate, and use the TPMS just as a low pressure warning in case of a puncture.

I don’t know if the sensors can be calibrated. Maybe they can, if yes it would be great if someone could give a bit more information about it.
Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 14:54   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
Welcome to the Temperamental world of Hyundai’s TPMS. I am assuming your car is fairly new. If yes, in a few months you will get used to weird readings from the TPMS sensors.
Thanks for the info. Yes you are right, my vehicle is 3 months old and didn't had any misreadings in the first 3 months. The difference has reduced to +2psi from +4psi in TPMS although no such difference when I checked at the petrol pump. I guess it is slowly self correcting
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 22:25   #576
BHPian

So after almost 20,000 km since our i20 came home in November 2020, here are a few examples of the kind of fuel efficiency that one can expect from the car.

Model: i20 Turbo DCT- Asta (O)- November 2020.

1. The best figure till date: This is the best I've got but this was after starting the drive from Lonavala City and coming down the ghat till the food mall. Obviously since it was a downhill drive it was with a light foot and for a very short while. However, it must also be noted that this was after the car caught in bumper-bumper traffic for the first fifteen minutes. That explains the 42 minutes taken.

Name:  IMG_3825.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  51.5 KB

2. Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai drive: The most representative highway figure. I regularly get similar figures on all my highway drives.

Name:  IMG_3200.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  43.7 KB

3. Typical Pune to Mumbai Drive: A typical expressway drive figure. Pune to Mumbai being mostly downhill, the Fuel Efficiency is around this figure. For Mumbai to Pune it drops to around 16.5 kpl.

Name:  IMG_3053.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  31.1 KB

And finally, the worst fuel efficiency figure delivered by my car till date. This happened on a day I got caught up in the most miserable traffic I've ever encountered in Mumbai. This figure is not the car's fault. I am just putting it there as an example of what traffic can do to fuel efficiency.

Name:  IMG_3754.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  37.4 KB
Potenza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 10:56   #577
BHPian

Thank you for sharing, Just curious to know what would be the average city driving mileage figures for Mumbai Or Pune in a Turbo DCT.

[quote=Potenza;5481539]So after almost 20,000 km since our i20 came home in November 2020, here are a few examples of the kind of fuel efficiency that one can expect from the car.

Model: i20 Turbo DCT- Asta (O)- November 2020.
JShah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 10:41   #578
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 1.0L turbo-petrol iMT variants discontinued

Hyundai has rejigged the i20 variant line-up. It no longer offers the clutchless iMT option with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It will now be available with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission only.

Hyundai i20 Review-i20-2-1.jpg

Hyundai also revised the prices of the i20 range. Customers will have to shell out Rs 21,500 more for the turbo-petrol variants.

Prices of the 1.2-litre petrol variants have also increased. The Magna and Sportz trim costs Rs 11,500 more and the prices of the Asta and Asta (O) variants have gone up by Rs 16,000.

The Hyundai i20 is available in four trim levels. Customers can choose from a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 82 BHP and 115 Nm, a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol that puts out 118 BHP and 172 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 99 BHP and 240 Nm. While the petrol engines come with either a 5-speed manual, IVT or 7-speed DCT, the diesel version gets a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th January 2023 at 10:43.
Old 30th January 2023, 11:23   #579
BHPian

Got the delivery of my i20 N Line DCT Starry Night during second week of January.
Booking was made towards end of December.
Received 2023 Jan model.
Initially the booking was made for ASTA O DCT. I was sure that there would be price hike in Jan/Feb. So I asked the dealer to contact me if they get fresh stock of ASTA O DCT or N Line N8 DCT which ever comes earlier. Luckily, within a week I got a call from dealership that they are expecting N8 in 2 days as it has shipped from the plant. So, with no doubts I proceeded with N8 DCT.

Ex-showroom: 11,95,500
Road Tax and Registration (Kerala) : 1,56,270
TCS: 11,955
Extended Warranty (4th and 5th Year/ 60k kms) : 10,286
Shield of Trust: 12,999

Insurance Purchased online: 26,000
Did not chose any accessories from showroom.

Hyundai i20 Review-i20.jpg
MithunSathianat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:14   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Got the delivery of my i20 N Line DCT Starry Night during second week of January.
Booking was made towards end of December.
Received 2023 Jan model.
Initially the booking was made for ASTA O DCT. I was sure that there would be price hike in Jan/Feb. So I asked the dealer to contact me if they get fresh stock of ASTA O DCT or N Line N8 DCT which ever comes earlier. Luckily, within a week I got a call from dealership that they are expecting N8 in 2 days as it has shipped from the plant. So, with no doubts I proceeded with N8 DCT.

Ex-showroom: 11,95,500
Road Tax and Registration (Kerala) : 1,56,270
TCS: 11,955
Extended Warranty (4th and 5th Year/ 60k kms) : 10,286
Shield of Trust: 12,999

Insurance Purchased online: 26,000
Did not chose any accessories from showroom.

Attachment 2412103
Looks gorgeous, this is my favourite colour on this model. Congratulations on your purchase.

I read that you got it second week of Jan but still want to say that If you haven't removed those ribbons, please remove ASAP. The adhesive left some marks on my Polo and the service centre did some rubbing to remove which left another small mark (which only I can see sometimes)
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:31   #581
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How good is the DCT on the Hyundai? Do they also have the same issues as those on the Skoda? Or is it too early to tell?
Old 30th January 2023, 19:35   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Looks gorgeous, this is my favourite colour on this model. Congratulations on your purchase.

I read that you got it second week of Jan but still want to say that If you haven't removed those ribbons, please remove ASAP. The adhesive left some marks on my Polo and the service centre did some rubbing to remove which left another small mark (which only I can see sometimes)
Thanks mate Hyundai recently added this color to N Line variants.
The pic was taken on the delivery day. I have removed the ribbon and plastic wraps just after the delivery
MithunSathianat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:50   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
Thank you for sharing, Just curious to know what would be the average city driving mileage figures for Mumbai Or Pune in a Turbo DCT.
Most of my driving is done in Mumbai and most of my drives are around 10-12 kms long on a set route -LBS Marg Kurla West to Bandra West via BKC and back. The commute usually takes around 40-45 minutes. On this route which usually sees heavy traffic my car returns 9-9.5 kpl.

On days when the commute takes longer due to heavier traffic resulting in long idling times, it returns around 8-8.5 kpl.
Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:39   #584
BHPian

Has anyone tried putting those red strips from N-Line to regular I20? I have starry night I20 and would love to fix those red strips which we see in N-Line version. I tried asking around various accessories shops in Hyderabad and Bangalore but no luck.

Last edited by Revvatron : 2nd February 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Spell check
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:05   #585

Are the new engines RDE compliant following the price hike?I ask this because the grand i10 nios 1.0 turbo engine is E20 compatible.
GS2K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed