Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 22:40   #511

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Hyundai i20 Review-img20220808091939.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-img20220808154737.jpg

There seems to be something weird that I'm doing to get these figures. Am I driving Maruti Suzuki car? The above mileage figures are today's to and fro to office in mixed driving conditions.
Do you guys think I'm driving too sedatively to achieve good mileage? It hasn't even crossed 1k km.
Are there going to be any long term problems to the engine or gearbox with driving too cautious?
Old 10th August 2022, 21:53   #512
BHPian

Booked a i20 n line, but…

Hello Bhpians,

I’ve booked an i20 N line N8 today but I fear the dealer isn’t being straight with me. Need some expert advice.

1. While they offered a 25k discount initially, the minute I said I I’ll buy my own insurance, the discount dropped to first 14k and then to 10k! Is this a normal practice? They say this a dealer discount and they can’t go further down as there are no offers from Hyundai.

Their quote for 58k is almost 4x of what I’m finding online for ~15k since I don’t need all the bells and whistles. So even if I let go the 15k of additional discount, I still save about 30k.

2. As per online portals like Car Dekho, there is 3k drop in registration cost the minute you book the car in your company’s name instead of your personal name. The dealer says there is no difference in registration cost between individuals and companies. Is this correct?

I am thinking I should talk to another Hyundai dealer tomorrow and see if they behave in the same manner.
Old 13th August 2022, 21:14   #513
BHPian

After exactly 5 months of waiting and a stroke of luck, I finally laid my hands on a true unicorn: The elusive Hyundai i20 Sportz 1.0 Turbo DCT 2022. T-BHP finally has proof that this trim exists and isn't only on paper

What was the stroke of luck? Well, 5 months and multiple escalations later, my original choices of Fiery Red/Starry Night i20 Sportz Turbo DCT 2022 were nowhere in sight. Last week, my Sales Advisor from Advaith Hyundai Outer Ring Road called me to inform me that a Typhoon Silver i20 Sportz Turbo DCT is available in Mysore. Apparently, another customer's finance was declined.

Typhoon Silver wasn't my first choice, but I had waited long enough. It was now or never, and I decided to take the plunge. One week later, the car is finally mine.

Now for some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Hyundai i20 Review-pxl_20220812_071933436.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-pxl_20220813_045102554_2.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-pxl_20220813_045120044.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-pxl_20220813_045133920.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-20220813_095246collage.jpg

Special thank you to everyone at Advaith Hyundai Outer Ring Road, Bangalore. They really moved mountains and went the extra mile to make this purchase happen. My family has been loyal to them for 8 years, and I cannot recommend them enough.

Especially my sales advisor, Gurudatta, was extremely patient with all my calls and requests over the 5 months. The rest of the team, including Kavan Devaiah, Chandan G, and Kiran from Finance, worked behind the scenes to make this happen.

With that, enough said, time to put some much-deserved pedal to the metal.
TejasKinger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 08:26   #514
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and wish you many miles of safe drive.

Normally I don’t like silver colour in cars, but happened to see couple of i20’s and it does look good. Especially with that black contrast.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 23:31   #515

Congratulations on the new ride!!! One question I have... does the turbo DCT versions have auto AC and cruise control?
MrPREDATOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 01:12   #516
BHPian

It should have the projector headlights setup, correct? Or is it just for the Asta trim? The 1.0 DCT is so overpriced it should have it as default
Old 17th August 2022, 06:43   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations and wish you many miles of safe drive.

Normally I don’t like silver colour in cars, but happened to see couple of i20’s and it does look good. Especially with that black contrast.
Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it. It is growing on me, I'll admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPREDATOR View Post
Congratulations on the new ride!!! One question I have... does the turbo DCT versions have auto AC and cruise control?
Thank you! Yes, the March 2022 Sportz variants have Auto AC and Cruise Control as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
It should have the projector headlights setup, correct? Or is it just for the Asta trim? The 1.0 DCT is so overpriced it should have it as default
Agreed there are a few missing features at this price point, but I've made my peace with it. Projector headlamps on the i20 are only available on the Asta, Asta (O) and N-Line N8 variants. FYI the 1.0 DCT is no longer available in the Asta trim. It is now only available in the Sportz and Asta (O) trims. The price gap between the 2 is unfortunately quite steep.

Last edited by TejasKinger : 17th August 2022 at 06:45. Reason: adding more info
TejasKinger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:01   #518
BHPian

There is another system OTA update appeared today in my new i20.
It's still downloading.
Old 17th August 2022, 18:17   #519
BHPian

Does Hyundai offer adjustable rear-seat headrest in ANY i20 models? Can this be added after market? Unbelievable that one can get Sunroof and cooled glovebox but skimp on 6 airbags and headrests !
Old 17th August 2022, 19:04   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Does Hyundai offer adjustable rear-seat headrest in ANY i20 models? Can this be added after market? Unbelievable that one can get Sunroof and cooled glovebox but skimp on 6 airbags and headrests !
Asta (O), top end, has adjustable head rests and 6 airbags too. Also NLine top end.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 07:30   #521

I am being constantly contacted by Hyundai Service centre regarding Road Side Assistance card which is valid for 15 years.
I would like to know if standard warranty and/or extended warranty do provide RSA or not?
Old 23rd August 2022, 20:04   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haskell View Post
I am being constantly contacted by Hyundai Service centre regarding Road Side Assistance card which is valid for 15 years.
I would like to know if standard warranty and/or extended warranty do provide RSA or not?
Be careful. I was receiving similar calls for my Superb. When I contacted the showroom, they said its a scam and to avoid such calls. The VIN / registration number / registered mobile number are sufficient for claim RSA and no card is required. You should call the SA / Hyundai helpline to check if these calls are genuine. Read in this thread (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

I received the delivery of my Asta 1.2 IVT this week. Wanted to check regarding TPMS readings - mine showed 43-44 for all tyres when the delivery was taken. I made it 32 at my trusted petrol pump. However, the TPMS continues to show 37-38. How do I rectify the readings shown in TPMS?

Last edited by akshay81 : 23rd August 2022 at 20:08. Reason: Link added
Old 28th August 2022, 19:58   #523

Hello Folks,

I’m facing a dilemma with my new car PDI/Delivery.
I’ve a booking for an i20 Asta(O) IVT from Advaith Hyundai ORR (Bellandur), Bangalore, since June.
I got a call from them yesterday, informing me that the car could get billed anytime soon and I should keep the funds ready.
I went to the showroom today to discuss the delivery process, and am being told that PDI would happen after I make the full payment, and before RTO registration. On being strict about it, I was told that I could lose the allotment if I am adamant about PDI before payment, due to some “month end settlement”.

What would you folks suggest I do?
Has anyone had a recent experience with Advaith Hyundai ORR(Bellandur)? If yes, how were you able to get a PDI before complete payment?

Some history:
I’ve had a close shave, with a botched new car delivery in 2020, from a Hyundai dealership in Delhi, which I was able to circumvent thanks to being strict about PDI. Else, I would’ve got a 8 months old car with a chipped windshield
In my mind, I’d be super embarrassed if I end up with a lemon here, just because of the dealership’s high handedness, and scarcity tactics.
Old 29th August 2022, 11:27   #524
Senior - BHPian

I read this on a post on i20 forum on Facebook :

"My new i20 Nline DCT suddenly failed to start engine on road around 7 pm. I asked road side assistance for helping me. One person came around 11.30pm and informed me he could not detect the problem...thats all. I kept my car in safe place for that night with the help of local peoples. Next day they sent a rescue van to tow the car in service stations. They told me its the problem of fuel pump. They took another 10 day to replace it.

1. Fuel pump problem in hyundai turbo automatic engine is common but Hyundai hide it.
2. Hyundai released face lift or new generation car every year but they dont supply parts to service centre.

3. These problems (Fault in Fuel pump) are prevalent all around India ....."

I haven't heard about any fuel pump problems with the 1.0 turbo. Has anybody heard /faced such issues. The direct injection pressure pump, injects fuel at huge pressures into the cylinder so a fault here would be expensive to rectify.
Old 29th August 2022, 12:29   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

I haven't heard about any fuel pump problems with the 1.0 turbo. Has anybody heard /faced such issues. The direct injection pressure pump, injects fuel at huge pressures into the cylinder so a fault here would be expensive to rectify
There are many other cases reported in this forum itself.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-engines.html (Fuel pump failures in Hyundai-Kia vehicles with the turbo-petrol engines)
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks