Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 08:07   #631
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

I just booked the Thunder blue N8 DCT. Should hopefully get delivery by the end of the month or early next month. I tested the DCT in city and a bit of an open stretch. I found it quite responsive so far but will reserve my full judgement and a short review once I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
(will share photo soon) add another 7K for 130Watt LED and you are in a different league. Interior lights from Cardi is mind-blowing and there is no need to upgrade speakers as they are equally good.
Could you share the brand name of the LED lights please? I went to an accessories shop but was overwhelmed with options. Also, since I'm a bit behind on my knowledge of headlights related to LED, could you tell me if the LED are the same that comes from the factory as for halogen (60/55) and some insight of what is the equivalent of the 100/90 or 130/110 in LEDs? Thanks in advance

Joe
Old 19th June 2023, 12:13   #632
BHPian

We're planning to replace our Honda Brio S MT with Hyundai i20 iVT. However, we couldn't test drive the iVT here in Pune as none of the dealers in Baner, Aundh, Warje has it available for TD. So I'm turning to the community to get some answers -
1. Does IVT Asta (O) come with Hill Assist Control?
2. How does Hill Assist Control work ? would it arrest the backward motion completely while on an incline OR would it block this motion only for 2-4 seconds when you take your foot off the brake pedal ?
Old 19th June 2023, 14:40   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
I just booked the Thunder blue N8 DCT.

Could you share the brand name of the LED lights please?

could you tell me if the LED are the same that comes from the factory as for halogen (60/55) and some insight of what is the equivalent of the 100/90 or 130/110 in LEDs?

Joe
N8 DCT comes with factory fitted LED headlight in projector set-up so you don't need to upgrade. Also it has ambient light so adding ambient lighting is feel good factor but not absolute need.
I install Aozoom make 130w (65w+65w) led bulb in headlight and it is not the same as the ones which comes from factory. Sorry I don't have factory specification for N8 or Asta.
You can add ambient light though as 6 pc ambient light set would be installed on dashboard and 4 doors and will look stunning. The brand is Cardi K4 Ambient lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu_engg24 View Post
1. Does IVT Asta (O) come with Hill Assist Control?
2. How does Hill Assist Control work ? would it arrest the backward motion completely while on an incline OR would it block this motion only for 2-4 seconds when you take your foot off the brake pedal ?
Asta(O) iVT comes with hill assist control. Hill Assist Control works by holding the car for 2 second on an incline when you remove your foot from brake pedal. Yes it will arrest backward motion completely but only for 2 seconds after which its like any other car. However please consider that for an automatic car this is more of a luxury and not a necessity as you have one less pedal (no clutch) to deal with in tandem to gain forward momentum, immediately after you move your foot from brake. For manual gear-box, this is great help as such.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 17:16   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
add another 7K for 130Watt LED and you are in a different league. Interior lights from Cardi is mind-blowing .
Could please elaborate on the brand and type of LED bulb that you used? mine has H19 bulbs. A few pictures depicting the throw and spread of your dipped and main beams would really help.

Could you also share link to the cardi lights?

Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 18:50   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Could please elaborate on the brand and type of LED bulb that you used? mine has H19 bulbs. A few pictures depicting the throw and spread of your dipped andr main beams would really help.

Could you also share link to the cardi lights?

Thanks

As stated in earlier post I used Aozoom H19 led bulb. The low beam is good and focused but high beam is not great. No issue like scattering but just that the focus is not straight line, more towards right. Right now I am fine with it but would try to see if things can improve. These led light comes with 2 years warranty.

Low beam (20 ft distance)

Hyundai i20 Review-img_1817.jpegHyundai i20 Review-img_1819.jpeg

High beam

Hyundai i20 Review-img_1818.jpeg

High beam ( approx 40 ft distance)

Hyundai i20 Review-img_1820.jpeg

Cardi K4 light is most popular. Search for it. The youtube has lots of videos as well to show the lights. K4 is latest.
Did not buy online hence not sure if link would be correct and hence not putting any.
Will try to post picture soon.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 19:24   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As stated in earlier post I used Aozoom H19 led bulb. The low beam is good and focused but high beam is not great. No issue like scattering but just that the focus is not straight line, more towards right. Right now I am fine with it but would try to see if things can improve. These led light comes with 2 years warranty.

Cardi K4 light is most popular. Search for it. The Youtube has lots of videos as well to show the lights. K4 is latest.
Did not buy online hence not sure if link would be correct and hence not putting any.
Will try to post picture soon.
The pictures show that your low beam cut off is quite good and high beam is not too blinding for others. I presume these bulbs are plug and play, fitting nicely inside the dust covers of the hradlamp assembly.
Old 19th June 2023, 20:50   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The pictures show that your low beam cut off is quite good and high beam is not too blinding for others. I presume these bulbs are plug and play, fitting nicely inside the dust covers of the hradlamp assembly.

Actually brightness is much more than what iphone 11 photo can do justice. Its white unlike yellowish seen here and more close to blinding .

Plug and play inside light housing only and cap can be fully closed without any problem but the bulb assembly is not easy access so the installer opens the locks of bumper from side but not dropping it. Thereafter He has to open the light assembly completely. I think it better than struggling through in-situ installation. Always go for professional installation for clean re-fit of whole thing back.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 07:01   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually brightness is much more than what iphone 11 photo can do justice. Its white unlike yellowish seen here and more close to blinding .

Plug and play inside light housing only and cap can be fully closed without any problem but the bulb assembly is not easy access so the installer opens the locks of bumper from side but not dropping it. Thereafter He has to open the light assembly completely. I think it better than struggling through in-situ installation. Always go for professional installation for clean re-fit of whole thing back.
You have a valid point regarding installation. However I'm not finding this particular bulb online. Could you point me to the site from where you got it?
Old 20th June 2023, 14:49   #639
BHPian

I did not buy online as one should buy from the shop who install. There are many brands, buy the one which has at least 2 year’s guarantee and available in your town so that you can get easy replacement from the shop itself as big shops are also authorised dealer of 1-2 brands which they sell more. Ask the dealer which one they like to offer. Don’t buy too cheap. 130 watt should cost around Rs. 7000. My dealer signed the guarantee card future dated to give additional 5-6 month of warranty.

This is what I bought. Always keep the package. Use it to keep stock bulbs as you may need if any led fails to work.

Hyundai i20 Review-ad5fc5547a574e919a21dbd1f10d6ae2.jpeg

Cardi K4 Led lights in action. In real time it looks better than these.

Hyundai i20 Review-271ca4f03a2744028e07bab03c6ff714.jpeg

Hyundai i20 Review-f0a76bdef4f8484c833f3675ee366188.jpeg
Old 22nd June 2023, 15:37   #640
jin

We are planning to take our new i20 Asta on a family trip to nearby hill station(Ooty). Is it ok to take a three-month-old car with 2,500KM on the odometer to hill terrain? Do we need to take any precautions? The first service was completed at 1.3k within a month. Please advise.
Old 22nd June 2023, 15:56   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Is it ok to take a three-month-old car with 2,500KM on the odometer to hill terrain? Do we need to take any precautions?
Absolutely fine. 2500 km is good amount of run in and you have also completed the first service, so things are well taken care. Needless to say take usual precautions of a hill drive. Incase of automatic, you may be better off shifting to sports mode during uphill as well as downhill. Also during climb just keep checking engine temperature gauge (digital on right side) periodically although the chances of issue is almost nil.
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:25   #642
BHPian

So, four days back the Airbag light popped up in my i20 Turbo DCT.

This happened just as i was taking delivery of my car from Kothari Hyundai Pune where it had gone for some bodywork repair.

They checked the error code with GDS and the following code popped up: B134600 Driver Airbag Resistance Too High.

The fault was diagnosed to a defective clock spring. Since they didn’t have the part in stock and I had to leave for Mumbai I decided to get the part replaced at Shreenath Hyundai.

Called up their works manager from Pune itself and he confirmed part availability. Went to Shreenath yesterday and got the part replaced under warranty. Problem solved.

Part cost was Rs. 11,845/-

Here’s the error code for reference. Apologies for the poor picture quality.

Hyundai i20 Review-e5e6e94346514884baa61ba5c2688580.jpeg

Last edited by Potenza : 22nd June 2023 at 23:27. Reason: Typo
Old 4th July 2023, 16:45   #643
BHPian

I got delivery of my i20 Nline N8 last Friday. Took Hebe for a long spin across Bangalore from Krishnagiri to the airport and back. Performed really well. The small turbo lag didn't make much of a difference and is a boon in traffic. It's quick off off the line once the Turbo kicks in. Got some accessories like the 7d carpets, dashcam and door visors. The boot is big enough to hold a guitar, amp and my gig bag. All in all, I love the car.

Just had a question to all owners. I unchecked the split screen option on Android auto but it still shows the big AA logo and the name of the phone connected. It doesn't go into full screen no matter what I do. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-20230704_162803.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Review-20230704_163119.jpg  

Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 20:41   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
. Got some accessories like the 7d carpets, dashcam and door visors. The boot is big enough to hold a guitar, amp and my gig bag. All in all, I love the car.
Congratulations and welcome to the Nline family.

Just a couple of queries regarding the dashcam. Did you get the dashcam from from Hyundai? If you have, did they hardwire it ?
vivekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 22:44   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Nline family.

Just a couple of queries regarding the dashcam. Did you get the dashcam from from Hyundai? If you have, did they hardwire it ?
Thanks.

I got the dashcam from Amazon. The model is 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam. I have the hardwiring kit also (this was previously setup in with the wiring kit in my previous car). I've not hardwired it for now as the recommended installer suggested to do it post the 10k service. I may do it in another few months.
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks