Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 16:41   #646
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

I am facing issue with my android auto connectivity. I am unable to connect it in wireless mode. Only way I can connect is by remove the device completely and starting the connection from scratch, which is searching for Bluetooth and pairing it with new passkey. Even in such scenario it gets disconnected on it's own. Sometimes though it gets connected seamlessly the moment I sit inside the car.

Anyone has faced this issue or any solutions for this?
Old 19th July 2023, 15:27   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I am facing issue with my android auto connectivity. I am unable to connect it in wireless mode. Only way I can connect is by remove the device completely and starting the connection from scratch, which is searching for Bluetooth and pairing it with new passkey. Even in such scenario it gets disconnected on it's own. Sometimes though it gets connected seamlessly the moment I sit inside the car.

Anyone has faced this issue or any solutions for this?
Have you tried it with different phones? In my previous car, I had the same issue. Turned out to be an issue with the pairing from the phone side. I removed the car stereo from the pairing history and tried. It worked. In another instance, I ended up doing a full format of the phone. Never had the issue since. Try these before doing a full format. Also clear the pairing history on the stereo and also do a factory reset before formatting the phone. Incase nothing works, check with the SA
Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 15:30   #648
BHPian

Dear all. I'm having a very peculiar issue with the android auto. Even after unchecking the split screen option from the AA connection menu, it still doesn't go onto full screen. 20% of the screen is occupied by the AA logo on the right side.

Is this the same issue with all? I have the N8
Old 20th July 2023, 16:38   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Have you tried it with different phones? In my previous car, I had the same issue. Turned out to be an issue with the pairing from the phone side. I removed the car stereo from the pairing history and tried. It worked. In another instance, I ended up doing a full format of the phone. Never had the issue since. Try these before doing a full format. Also clear the pairing history on the stereo and also do a factory reset before formatting the phone. Incase nothing works, check with the SA
I tried with different phones but faced similar thing. Sometimes it works flawlessly like gets connected the moment you sit in car. I even removed all the other pairings but after some days I see those again on pairing screen. I will do a format and see how it goes.
Old 1st August 2023, 07:06   #650
BHPian

After the recent 3rd service at Advaith Hyundai, I find a screeching sound while turning the steering wheel.
Did anyone face similar issue?
The SA suggests EPS motor replacement.
Will visit Advaith Service again today to get it checked and keep you all posted.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:45   #651
BHPian

I have a jan 2023 i20 turbo dct and have driven 3000kms till date. I had replaced my 2015 VW polo gt with this car. I completely enjoyed the polo till i sold it. The i20 is a fun car but not on par with the polo. The superiority of the DSG over the DCT is clear however i had 2 mechatronic failures in the 7 years of polo ownership....

I am wondering if i can fit a I20 N line exhaust muffler on to my car given that they have the same mechanicals. If so, would any of you know if it is available at the authorized dealers or MOBIS outlets....

What are the alternate options?
Desmodromic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:05   #652
BHPian

Hi All

Wanted to check if anyone of you feels a slight jerk in the Hyundai i20 IVT while normally accelerating in the range of 35-50km/h. Mine is a Feb 23 manufactured i20 IVT which has done close to 4k km till now. Hows your experience of the IVT gearbox on i20
Old 15th August 2023, 22:04   #653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
After the recent 3rd service at Advaith Hyundai, I find a screeching sound while turning the steering wheel.
Did anyone face similar issue?
The SA suggests EPS motor replacement.
Will visit Advaith Service again today to get it checked and keep you all posted.
These are quite known(quietened in India, not documented well in India despite many troubled owners) issues pertinent to all Hyundai and Kia cars since long and are unresolved even in recent launches too.

1. 7 Most Common Problems On The Hyundai i20

Quote:
The common problems listed below are made over time and with the feedback of our customers. Hence, depending upon the use, the vehicle batch and other external factors could generate these problems. This means, not everyone faces these problems, but the majority of them could. So, before further ado, let’s have a look at the 7 common problems with the Hyundai i20.

Steering column issues

The car’s electric power steering has been known to malfunction, resulting in extremely heavy steering. The motor shuts off automatically to prevent overheating and burnout, which is what causes this. It is a supposedly safe function, and as the car ages, the problem should become better.
In addition, the next problem particularly occurs when you’re driving on bumpy roads. This is when the steering column makes an inordinate amount of noise. These two are separate problems that occur over some years of use.
2. Hyundai Power Steering Case Study
Quote:
The majority of undercar complaints will usually be noise related and range from a knocking noise on rough roads, a scraping noise when braking or a clicking noise while turning. Some complaints will include vibrations in the steering wheel and from under the seat.
3. Recall Hyundai Cars In India For Electronic Power Steering Failure Issue

4. Hyundai Elantra Steering Column Recalls: A Closer Look
Quote:
What are the most common problems related to Hyundai Elentra steering column recalls?
Hyundai Elantra steering related issues include:
  • Electric power-assist being disabled
  • Power assist failure
  • Class action lawsuit
We will take a look at these steering problems and what you can do if your vehicle is affected.
5. From team-bhpA video explaining how to resolve your issue:

wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 10:25   #654
BHPian

Just wanted to share a quick update on my Hyundai i20 (ivt asta auto) as it completes a year with me. It's been a fantastic journey so far! The i20 has been my reliable partner for office commutes, clocking 8,000 km in the past year. I've also taken it on two 1000-km long drives. The car's overall performance have been impressive. The cabin remains comfortable and refined, making every drive enjoyable.

We recently added an Innova Hycross hybrid to our garage. While the Innova offers better fuel efficiency and space, I find myself gravitating towards the i20 for city drives due to its maneuverability. Experience so far has been delightful without any issues, hope it continues this way.
pach is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 18:10   #655
BHPian

In my 2019 i20 asta cvt, the door request button doesn't work the first time and I have to open the door with Remote key. Subsequently, during the same trip, it works fine. Could it be due to a weak battery?

Request inputs if any of i20 owners have faced a similar issue.
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:18   #656
jin

My 5 month old i20's rear right door is creaking while opening and closing, it is annoying to hear these noises on a new car. My 2nd service is not anytime soon(5,500 kms in odo), Should I visit Service center to check it out or it is a known issue that may have simple remedy? Please advice.
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:47   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
My 5 month old i20's rear right door is creaking while opening and closing, it is annoying to hear these noises on a new car. My 2nd service is not anytime soon(5,500 kms in odo), Should I visit Service center to check it out or it is a known issue that may have simple remedy? Please advice.
I don't think this is known issue. Didn't see this in my I20 or in other folks I2-'s. It is better to get it checked in service center.
Revvatron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:39   #658
BHPian

Seems like the i20 facelift is just around the corner. We had seen a few snaps of the camouflaged i20 undergoing testing; seems like its time for the launch now.

From the image we can deduce a new headlight set-up which is full LED, changes to the DRLs and a slightly tweaked front grill.

Unfortunately, with the trend of latest Hyundai cars the fog lights will be skipped.

Hyundai i20 Review-7938c7504f2d486594cae78fd59d2fd1.jpeg

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 1st September 2023 at 15:45.
Old 8th September 2023, 15:47   #659

My i20 N Line tyre got burst recently. I hit a pothole at relatively high speed (20-25kmph) and the front left tyre pressure dropped to zero. I have driven 22k km with the stock Nexen tyres.

What are the recommended tyre brand should I go with? Bridgestone Sturdo/Continental UC6/Vredetein Ultrac?

Is it worth upgrading to Michelin Pilot Sport 4? i will have to upgrade all 4 tyres. If yes, please suggest a dealer in Noida or Delhi NCR that you know has Michelin tyres in stock or can arrange them.
Old 16th October 2023, 22:02   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNLine View Post
My i20 N Line tyre got burst recently. I hit a pothole at relatively high speed (20-25kmph) and the front left tyre pressure dropped to zero. I have driven 22k km with the stock Nexen tyres.

What are the recommended tyre brand should I go with? Bridgestone Sturdo/Continental UC6/Vredetein Ultrac?

Is it worth upgrading to Michelin Pilot Sport 4? i will have to upgrade all 4 tyres. If yes, please suggest a dealer in Noida or Delhi NCR that you know has Michelin tyres in stock or can arrange them.
So, which tyre did you go with? I believe I am too late for any suggestions

I do not have any issues with the stock tyres. Yes, Michline pilot sports will give a lot of benefits like the driving dynamics and NVH get a lot better. But the stock tyres are just fine for our daily usage and even if you want some enthusiastic cornering.
Unless you are taking your i20 to tracks and racing with other professionals, the stock tyres will do just fine.

From price point of view, I would have recommended going with the stock tyre since you only have to purchase one tyre.

What I usually do is wear out the stock tyres and get the next set of tyres from micheline / Yokohama or any other better ones.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks